Ghostbusters (2016)

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Wasnt he always butt hurt about Ghostbusters because he wasnt in it enough? Or his character was poorly written?
There was actually a ton of content in the script with him that got cut. The same thing happened with all the bus people in speed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's not silly, that's what we were presented with. The other three were all scientists and true believers. Winston was awesome but he as he was written, he was just there to get paid. He is an essential part of the group, as he's the everyman, he's the foil to the rest of the teams outlandish thinking. He's the straight man. But because of all that he comes across as not REALLY being a full fledged teammate. He comes across as almost an extra with speaking lines.
this is true, it also confirms he is an outsider when the ghostbusters get arrested and winston essentially throws the other ghostbusters under the bus when tells them, "sorry guys, but i am getting my own lawyer on this one."

that is a completely realistic reaction a "normal" person would have when you have 3 guys who got you put in jail and are discussing magic, but it also says he is not one of them. its also a contradiction considering he has
"seen shit that would turn you white". dude should be a true believer at this point.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
this is true, it also confirms he is an outsider when the ghostbusters get arrested and winston essentially throws the other ghostbusters under the bus when tells them, "sorry guys, but i am getting my own lawyer on this one."

that is a completely realistic reaction a "normal" person would have when you have 3 guys who got you put in jail and are discussing magic, but it also says he is not one of them. its also a contradiction considering he has
"seen shit that would turn you white". dude should be a true believer at this point.
Venkman pretty much feels the same way about it, he's just handling it as the comedic relief. Hell come #2 they basically swap that role completely to Venkman since the other 3 go for their dip in the slime in the sewers while he's still trying to woo back Sigourney.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Venkman pretty much feels the same way about it, he's just handling it as the comedic relief. Hell come #2 they basically swap that role completely to Venkman since the other 3 go for their dip in the slime in the sewers while he's still trying to woo back Sigourney.
i think thats not such a venkman thing as bill murray has a huge ego thing. in ghostbusters, murray is the only one not covered in marshmallow at the end and he wanted nothing to do with the sequel. he liked the money enough to do it, but he was not interested in doing ghostbustery stuff. i think he only wore the ghostbuster uniform one time in the movie.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Ghostbusters 2 is really a travesty, especially as it came after the very successful animated series (with JMS of Babylon-5, Spiderman comics etc. as script editor). The whole notion that after Gozer vanished there was no more ghosts was in direct contrast to the rich stories being played out in the animated series and was indeed much more childish than the saturday morning cartoon!

There are parts of Ghostbusters 2 that work, don't get me wrong, but had they picked up in media res with the Ghostbusters doing their thing and THEN also encountering a new Big Bad that would have been a much stronger movie.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The cartoon wasn't consistent in its quality as it was really just a cash grab movie tie in cartoon and it eventually shit itself when it became Slimer and the Real Ghostbusters but when it was good it wasgood.

The only thing I like about Ghostbusters 2 is Jackie Wilson.

Fucking love this song.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I didnt mind Ghostbusters 2, yeah it wasnt as good as the first but I still enjoyed it. I still watch any of the Indiana Jones films besides crystal skull

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i enjoyed those arsenio hall as winston animated ghostbusters more than i enjoyed the second ghostbusters.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The painful what-if that haunts Ernie Hudson | EW.com

The story behind Erie Hudson/Winston. it's really sad they did that to him. =/
tldr quote
"The character was gone. Instead of coming in at the very beginning of the movie, like page 8, the character came in on page 68 after the Ghostbusters were established. His elaborate background was all gone, replaced by me walking in and saying, ?If there?s a steady paycheck in it, I?ll believe anything you say.?"

I never cared for winston, he was just the driver, everyone else did all the cool science stuff. But when i hear ghostbusters, the cartoon flashes in my head first, hell both versions, even the one with the stupid monkey.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Paul Feig Talks Ghostbusters Trolls And Male-Led Spinoff

Feig himself has now addressed the matter in a chat with Variety:

The Internet is really funny - I love it, but I hate it at the same time. The first wave when you make an announcement like that is overwhelmingly positive. Everyone's so happy and you're like, This is great. Then comes the second wave and you're like, Oh my God. Some of the most vile, misogynistic sh** I've ever seen in my life.

"The biggest thing I've heard for the last four months is, 'Thanks for ruining my childhood.' It's going to be on my tombstone when I die. It's so dramatic. Honestly, the only way I could ruin your childhood is if I got into a time machine and went back and made you an orphan."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
george lucas did it first, ghostbusters while a beloved classic, a shitty remake wouldnt ruin anything, i will just simply avoid it like the plague. just like i did with red dawn TMNT, total recall, robocop, and all the other knockoff cash grab remakes that come out these days.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, the time with which to care about the impact of sequels and remakes on the original material has long since passed. If the Ghostbusters films end up being decent than great. If they shit the bed they will be quickly forgotten.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Remember the purpose of remakes:
rrr_img_92799.jpg

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Here's aCracked articlethat explains why bringing back the Ghostbusters is a bad idea.

TLDR: It wasn't the ghostbusting that made the movie, it was Murray, Aykroyd and Ramis in their comedic prime. And it didn't even work a second time!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Here's aCracked articlethat explains why bringing back the Ghostbusters is a bad idea.

TLDR: It wasn't the ghostbusting that made the movie, it was Murray, Aykroyd and Ramis in their comedic prime. And it didn't even work a second time!
Stop reducing these men to comedy objects. They are real men with deep emotions and complex personalities. They aren't just joke boxes to gawk and fawn over.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I love when people demand we need the old ghostbusters to be in it. The only two that mattered were Murray and Raimis. Akroyd was filler and Hudson was affirmative action. I guess they're saying Channing Tatum and Christ Pratt for the other GB now. Personally I'd watch Feigs or Russo's. Hopefully at least one is R though.
I want to see people die due to arthritis.