Ghostbusters (2016)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So I think this officially proves if you place women in roles in geek culture, they will hate your trailer and not watch your film....

Oh wait...

wonder-woman1.png

Ohhhh.

rrr_img_137140.png

Nope, seems like its just about making bad movies and then blaming people for calling you on it with misogyny. Seems to be it.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Star Wars embraced the fans. Yeah, a few fans complained about Rey's casting or that Finn was black, but they ignored it and they clearly embraced the fandom.

It could have been possible for Sony to do the same for Ghostbusters. Instead, well...

Gratz on maybe breaking even.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Star Wars embraced the fans. Yeah, a few fans complained about Rey's casting or that Finn was black, but they ignored it and they clearly embraced the fandom.

It could have been possible for Sony to do the same for Ghostbusters. Instead, well...

Gratz on maybe breaking even.
Yep, they made the trolls the story rather than engaging with the massive population of fans who simply thought the trailer looked dumb. Look at how Star Trek handled their trailer controversy. The writer, Pegg, came out and said "yeah, that trailer sucked--but I swear its a good flick". And they embraced the fandom, the fans gave them leeway and it blew over.

Making a genuinely shitty product, like that trailer? And then blaming the fans for saying it's a shitty product by tying them to a small minority of sexist trolls? Well, as you said, have fun barely breaking evenbeforemarketing expenses are factored in.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I missed why this thread is so bad; because Ghostbusters was proven to be a flop even without taking into account the supposed misogyny?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I missed why this thread is so bad; because Ghostbusters was proven to be a flop even without taking into account the supposed misogyny?
without the misogyny its just a bad remake of a beloved ip. if it was called something like, fraidy cats its an ok rental.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well without the misogyny claim, they have no army of women whose tickets they just guaranteed sold as some sort of hit against the patriarchy.
and you know what, those same feminists will never set foot into a wonder woman movie. because this wonder woman is a (reasonably)beautiful girl with (passably)big tittees who wears sexy outfits and loves men. they rather see some hambeasts in garbage bags with stripes running around screaming at each other.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Being born in 84, I was late to the party for about 9-10 years. And then it took another 5-6 to get all of the jokes. Beloved definitely fits, even the 2nd one.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just got home from the local theater. They do a special every Tuesday for $6 tickets all day.

Anyway, I saw Ghostbusters because why not? My honest opinion is that it was good and I liked it. I noticed "some" of the anti-male statements, but they weren't out of control. Nothing more than I imagine a couple of women would say when they're working together on any kind of project without help from a guy. More "self empowering" than saying men suck. Anyway, the movie was good. I enjoyed the sleazy italian guy Slimer. And the Stay Puft Marshmallow Parade Float. Even the dick shot wasn't too bad. It fit the scene. I won't give it an A+, but it deserves a solid B+. Forget all of your apprehensions and pre-drawn conclusions. Just go to the movie and see it for the sake of being a movie. You won't be sorry.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Or just torrent it and save your $$$ to watch something better (plenty of new movies to pick from that match that category).

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Whatever hippy. My wife and I hit the Cineapolis once a week as our date night (sometimes twice when there is a retro movie we like) because in the age of 9.2 surround and 60inch 3d TVs, its the only reason to leave the house. This could not get either one of us to want to vacate. I didn't even have to brief my wife on all the SJW shit, she just loves old school Murray films enough to not want to see them shit on.

This is actually the first time I caught the screener, but only because I was curious as an aficionado of bad movies.