Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
seems to me if the ghostbusters really existed in the 80's but then disappeared for 30 years because "no more ghosts" kids today would still know all about them, but maybe that gives kids too much credit - ok boomer, get that proton pack out of my face and give me my iphone back.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Egon played it pretty straight in the OG, Ray was kind of a doof. The true comedy only came from Venkman. So he better show the fuck up.

Im over the Stranger Things take on everything but meh, we will see. So far nothing that bad is seemingly out there. I do appreciate they kept it close to the vest.

I just hope the OG crew gets alot of screen time. I would hate this to be 90 percent of the movie is the kids with them showing up at the end, or worse, cameoing for a quick stop.

That said, Ill see this because I like Paul Rudd and I want to tongue dart the ass cheeks of Carrie Coon.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
seems to me if the ghostbusters really existed in the 80's but then disappeared for 30 years because "no more ghosts" kids today would still know all about them, but maybe that gives kids too much credit - ok boomer, get that proton pack out of my face and give me my iphone back.

Do you think the average 13 year old today could tell you a single thing about the Fall of the Soviet Union? Or Iran Contra? Or the Challenger explosion? They wouldnt know a thing about any major events from 30 years ago. Probably couldnt tell you who OJ Simpson was.

Its playing on the fact that youth dont know shit about the world before them. I was 13 in 1996, at the time my only true understanding of the vietnam war, space race, and cuban missile crisis were what I saw in a couple movies, and thats only because my parents let me watch anything so Full Metal Jacket was on all the time.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is probably the trailer to hook Stranger Things people. I'm betting their 2nd trailer is more focused on humor. Hopefully.

• 2Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do you think the average 13 year old today could tell you a single thing about the Fall of the Soviet Union? Or Iran Contra? Or the Challenger explosion? They wouldnt know a thing about any major events from 30 years ago. Probably couldnt tell you who OJ Simpson was.

Its playing on the fact that youth dont know shit about the world before them. I was 13 in 1996, at the time my only true understanding of the vietnam war, space race, and cuban missile crisis were what I saw in a couple movies, and thats only because my parents let me watch anything so Full Metal Jacket was on all the time.

None of those are ghosts.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
factual evidence of the afterlife will have a lasting effect on all cultures worldwide. some zoomer isnt going to find this out by accident.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
factual evidence of the afterlife will have a lasting effect on all cultures worldwide. some zoomer isnt going to find this out by accident.

"Then, during the Third Reconciliation of the Last of the Meketrex Supplicants, they chose a new form for him, that of a giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zulls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of a Sloar that day, I can tell you!"

I think in a universe where the supernatural existed throughout history something like scientific proof of the existence of ghosts wouldn't have the same world-altering impact that it would for us. That's a setting that is probably really low on atheists and agnostics by default. As paranormal researchers there was actually shit to research and ways to apply science to what they learned. That Earth probably has had hundreds of major dust-ups over the centuries where some really wild shit went down.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Damn, that looks solid.

Starts out super serious, like a real ghost movie. Thats a huge part of what people miss about ghostbusters. they think its a comedy, when its not really. Library scene is terrifying, and it sets the tone. The jokes and camp can work after that. but would fall completely flat without it. Its where 2 fails. Even the evil stuff is too campy, and the tone is not properly set.
you guys are out of your minds, if you think the comedy was the #1 deal with Ghostbusters.

"how do we live up to the perfect movie, and wash away the filth and bad blood of the last entries?" "uh, lets mix it with Goonies" well ok.

Ghostbusters was great for a lot of the same reasons Marvel is. Because the movie is played absolutely straight, and then you have one actor (Bill Murray), who is a stand in for the audience rifting some sarcasm to constantly convey how ridiculous this all is, despite them taking it seriously...And so it makes some of the over the top stuff feel A LOT less campy. Its the same reason why Marvel breaks up their intense scenes with humor.

But yeah, Angerz Angerz says, the thing about Ghosbusters is its played straight. The actors might comment on how insane this is and be sarcastic about it, but they are serious about what's going on, they don't treat it like its ridiculous, even if the characters acknowledge it is insane.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande

This was the most damning thing in the report. That they went to Steele's subsource for confirmation and the subsource flat out told them it was bullshit, and they intentionally hid that fact from attorneys at the OI AND the FISA court.

The idea of an LEO using a source but disregarding the source's primary source is mind blowing.

Cool story bro.

• 1Garbage

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I think people forget that comedies are a borderline dead genre. Also, featuring 70 year olds in your movie ads doesn't get the kids in.

Action comedies, on the other hand, have given Marvel all the money on Earth.

That said, these kids are way too young to star, unless this is intended as a family film. Hell, they shouldn't even exist. Ghostbusters 2 was '89, unless this is set deep in the 2020s, Carrie Coon would have had to been a teenage mother if Egon is the grandfather.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Did I accidentally stumble into the Game of Thrones thread? Nope it's the Ghostbusters thread. Hard to tell with all the hemming and hawing over "mah source material".

• 1Salty

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

itsallsotiresome

tenor.gif

• 1Worf

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

itsallsotiresome

tenor.gif

Love that salt.

The main star of this looks to be a young woman, and yet I can't wait to bring my kids to see it (So much for misogyny being the driving factor), because it looks GOOD, it looks competently made AND you can tell the people who made it respect and admire the original story and characters. For them its not simply some franchise corpse they are hoping to infest and use as camouflage for their own ends.

That's the issue with most of these fucking weirdos. They don't want to be part of the group/narrative of the IP they are infesting, they just want the fame that said group created and their only recourse when the fans smell their shit from a mile away is to paint their rejection with ulterior motives. Because its a lot easier to be rejected by someone you think is loathsome then admit YOU were the problem.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

So much salt in that tweet lol

I love how virtually every reply is calling him on his shit

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I'll go see this in theatres just to spite the last stinking pile of shit.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'll see it at least x2 in theaters just to make a point. We can have female-led good movies.

• 2Solidarity