Ghostbusters : Afterlife

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This movie may be shamelessly riding on the 80’s nostalgia wave. I don’t give a fuck.

I had a goddamn tear in my eye when she rifled through the Spengler coveralls. Tears damnit.

Take....*sob*...take it...*sobbb*...take my money.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This movie may be shamelessly riding on the 80’s nostalgia wave. I don’t give a fuck.

I had a goddamn tear in my eye when she rifled through the Spengler coveralls. Tears damnit.

Take....*sob*...take it...*sobbb*...take my money.

Hah, the scene that got me was when they were watching the youtube video of New York in the 80's and you see the guys. Maybe because its I have kids now and I love those moments, but damn that hit me hard. There is something about the kids not knowing anything and being able to show them there was this whole other world just 40 years ago, and those guys were the heroes of it--and maybe its time for the torch they left behind to be taken up again.

Making little connections like that, where the old characters are protrayed as these lost heroes and part of the movie is rediscovering all they did, and their legacy? That shit is magical. These hollywood fucks need to realize, they are dealing with the literal heroes of people's childhood--shitting on them will NEVER turn out well. Not only will it turn the parents off, but it weakens the mysticism of the new generation. There is nothing more awe inspiring than feeling like you are connecting to something greater.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I am little confused as to the tone and the cast.

This looks clearly aimed at the young adult crowd, plus the hipsters and millennials that seem incapable of growing up.

That being said, it actually looks interesting, but I don't think I would pay to watch a bunch of teens take the GB torch. I believe, as you all said, that based on the Stranger Things success that a lot of people think differently than I do.

It's a little bit DC grimdark and a little bit Stranger Things nostalgia but I'm not feeling a lot of my Ghostbusters here.

Ghostbusters was the global success of weird Canadian humor. It was like more mainstream Strange Brew and Little Shop of Horrors and SCTV. This ain't that.

But I am an old man and don't like change. Someone please change my diaper, though. I expect this to be a great movie, but I don't expect it to be a Ghsotbusters movie, you know?

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hah, the scene that got me was when they were watching the youtube video of New York in the 80's and you see the guys. Maybe because its I have kids now and I love those moments, but damn that hit me hard. There is something about the kids not knowing anything and being able to show them there was this whole other world just 40 years ago, and those guys were the heroes of it--and maybe its time for the torch they left behind to be taken up again.

Making little connections like that, where the old characters are protrayed as these lost heroes and part of the movie is rediscovering all they did, and their legacy? That shit is magical. These hollywood fucks need to realize, they are dealing with the literal heroes of people's childhood--shitting on them will NEVER turn out well. Not only will it turn the parents off, but it weakens the mysticism of the new generation. There is nothing more awe inspiring than feeling like you are connecting to something greater.
That was the one thing The Force Awakens did get right, of how it was presented in the trailer. They made the original cast legends. Loved that touch. Didn’t even mind JJ remaking A New Hope. The TLJ happened....

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They need to just release movies on streaming services. Screw theaters.
giphy.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Ya, that teaser cut screams “hey, baby Yoda is popular, let’s manufacture our own version!”

I mean in the context of the film that scene could fit better, but as a stand-alone clip it’s kind of an anticipation buster

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In The Real Ghostbusters cartoon show Mr. Staypuft made a few appearances as a slow-witted and good-natured giant. I always liked that face turn. What they've done here is cross Baby Yoda with the midget Ash's from Army of Darkness. Literally everyone's hot take is Baby Yoda.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I got more of a Gremlins 2 vibe than a baby yoda vibe.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users