Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
3.33 star(s) Rating: 3.33/5 3 Votes
Title: Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)

Tagline: It'll send a chill down your spine.

Genre: Fantasy, Adventure, Comedy

Director: Gil Kenan

Cast: Mckenna Grace, Finn Wolfhard, Carrie Coon, Paul Rudd, Celeste O'Connor, Logan Kim, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Bill Murray, Annie Potts, William Atherton, James Acaster, Emily Alyn Lind, Patton Oswalt, Kumail Nanjiani

Release: 2024-03-28

Plot: The Spengler family returns to where it all started – the iconic New York City firehouse – to team up with the original Ghostbusters, who've developed a top-secret research lab to take busting ghosts to the next level. But when the discovery of an ancient artifact unleashes an evil force, Ghostbusters new and old must join forces to protect their home and save the world from a second Ice Age.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks ok but I can't fucking stand Patton or kumal

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I appreciate that this is so far not character assassinating the originals while ushering in a new diverse bunch of kids, but man was the last one marshmallowey and lacking the rewatch ability of the original 2. Yes. Even the sequel. And not having Ramis hurts. Not their fault on that one and they were as respectful as could be for a hollywood cgi bs fest

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

yeah, I'll repeat my thoughts here.
no thanks to patton oswald. The bad cgi ice spikes are lame. could have just froze shit, without the retarded unrealistic spikes all poking directly at people.

this seems more action and blockbuster focused, not a horror story with comedy. they imply people actually are killed from the ghosts/ice here. not just possessed and everyones actually fine in the end.. this is both some real tonal shifts.

This worries me a bit. its like the startrek and star wars reboots... seemed ok at first. but, with each new movie, it became clear any good parts of the first movies, were a total accident, and they have no idea what they are doing. making the flaws in the first ones, even more glaring.

you can't have character going around making jokes, when 1000+ people were killed by the ice.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Is this about ghost causing climate change? Didn't Jake Gyllenhaal star in a movie about New York freezing, I think he did, don't remember the name, nor care.

Climate change is real, and ghosts shouldn't cause it.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Is this about ghost causing climate change? Didn't Jake Gyllenhaal star in a movie about New York freezing, I think he did, don't remember the name, nor care.

Pretty sure they say they ghosts are causing it. Like all the supernatural stuff that have the area getting cold when a ghost is around. This is just that amped up.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure they say they ghosts are causing it. Like all the supernatural stuff that have the area getting cold when a ghost is around. This is just that amped up.
But climate change should be taken seriously!

How Dare You Greta GIF

In all seriousness I couldn't even finish the trailer. Although people out on the beach and the ice crystals popping up was just retarded. I didn't see the last one and I probably won't see this one.

Will it only be white ghost causing climate change?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Didn't Jake Gyllenhaal star in a movie about New York freezing, I think he did, don't remember the name, nor care.
It's all I could think of during the whole trailer. Seems like a really weird theme for a Ghostbusters movie (and a whole lot of people apparently dying). Someone watched the Day after Tomorrow and thought "oh man that was AWESOME. Let's do that with GHOSTBUSTERS."

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It's all I could think of during the whole trailer. Seems like a really weird theme for a Ghostbusters movie (and a whole lot of people apparently dying). Someone watched the Day after Tomorrow and thought "oh man that was AWESOME. Let's do that with GHOSTBUSTERS."

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN
Haha, that's what it was called. When I watching the first half I was like man there was a stupid movie back in the 2000s about this. I want to say Dennis Quaid was maybe in it. Was it a Roland Emerich movie? Seems like it's up his alley.

So if the ghosts are going to freeze everybody, are they ripping off game of thrones because that was popular with all of the normies, winter is coming and all of that, undead monsters, scary, bustin makes you feel good?

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I want the Stars of Ghostbusters: Answer the Call to make an appearance in this, it's not right to try and pretend that movie didn't happen.
Because it did fucking happen and no one should be allowed to forget.

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Doing something with the Hrimthursar (frost giants) could be, ahem, cool but the trailer has that hacky/jokey energy that I don't like to see in a trailer.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yeah, I'll repeat my thoughts here.
no thanks to patton oswald. The bad cgi ice spikes are lame. could have just froze shit, without the retarded unrealistic spikes all poking directly at people.

this seems more action and blockbuster focused, not a horror story with comedy. they imply people actually are killed from the ghosts/ice here. not just possessed and everyones actually fine in the end.. this is both some real tonal shifts.

This worries me a bit. its like the startrek and star wars reboots... seemed ok at first. but, with each new movie, it became clear any good parts of the first movies, were a total accident, and they have no idea what they are doing. making the flaws in the first ones, even more glaring.

you can't have character going around making jokes, when 1000+ people were killed by the ice.

Was hoping to see a tonal shift in the comedy beats to go with it, but seems it's going to be the same comedy as the last movie.

Weird when people are actually dying.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Was hoping to see a tonal shift in the comedy beats to go with it, but seems it's going to be the same comedy as the last movie.

Weird when people are actually dying.
i doubt they kill women and children having a nice day at Coney Island. i know you guys hate New Yorkers, but the Hollywood noses love them. those spikes seem to be something different than the "death freeze" or whatever they called that silliness. the ice spikes are probably an omen to the Frozen Moses thats coming to NYC. the death freeze is probably a DD that specifically targets individuals. if the Death Freeze was an AE. then New York would be instafucked with one blast before the ghostbuster kids and ghostbuster seniors had a chance to save it. perhaps the plot of the movie is Frozen Moses is trying to develop the DF into an AE that turns NYC+the world into the Lands Of Always Winter.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

I got you.

• 1Solidarity

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I don't hate the trailer, and hope the movie is good, but giant ice spikes showing up all over the city and conveniently not impaling a single person is so fucking stupid it hurts my brain. The spikes go through cars, buildings, and all other things but not people!! Jesus Christ Hollywood is fucking stupid.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database