Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Ever after all these years I find it amazing that a movie adaptation cartoon tie-in cash grab toy commercial had people that gave this much of a shit -

as a kid I was disappointed with Ghostbusters 2. I liked the cartoon more.
Has that bottom clip been run through some AI upscaling?

Cybsled

I think that was most kids at the time - seeing Slimer in a friendly role in Ghostbusters 2 was probably inspired by the cartoon thinking back on it

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I think that was most kids at the time - seeing Slimer in a friendly role in Ghostbusters 2 was probably inspired by the cartoon thinking back on it

It's something I remember perfectly. The movie starts and we see Ray and Winston and the reveal is they're working a gig at a kid's birthday party and they aren't allowed to bust ghosts anymore. I was immediately deflated. This isn't right! Why aren't they ghostbusters! They saved New York from a 100 foot tall marshmallow man! Does everyone have amnesia? WHAT ABOUT THE COCK A DOODIE MARSHMALLOW MAN

annie wilks.jpg

Spending the entire first act of your new movie getting your characters sorta back to where they were at the end of the last movie is the kind of sequel writing I just don't have any time for.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Can anyone explain to me why people are so obsessed with ghost busters? Its an IP ive seriously never understood why people care about so much. Guy I used to work with was serious about dressing up as a ghostbuster and going to local events as a ghostbuster.
i guess i was the key demo at the time. 1984 i was 12 yrs old and i usually went to the movies every week or two. sometimes one movie was all they played for most of the year. us kids ended up going to see Ghostbusters multiple times just because there wasnt anything else playing. as a result we got very familiar with the film and i ended up getting tired of it, but some of my friends couldnt get enough of it. its those people who become huge fanboys of this stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
i guess i was the key demo at the time. 1984 i was 12 yrs old and i usually went to the movies every week or two. sometimes one movie was all they played for most of the year. us kids ended up going to see Ghostbusters multiple times just because there wasnt anything else playing. as a result we got very familiar with the film and i ended up getting tired of it, but some of my friends couldnt get enough of it. its those people who become huge fanboys of this stuff.
Old man. I was 2 for most of the year, before turning 3 at the end of August.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
And I'm 42 now, making you... still an old man. An even older man at that.
Lol. Welcome to the old man club. Once you're old. You be old. We are both ancient to somebody in their 20s. When I played EQ, I was still called an old man in my guild and I was just 28-29. Damned teenagers

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Ever after all these years I find it amazing that a movie adaptation cartoon tie-in cash grab toy commercial had people that gave this much of a shit -

Do remember the Cthulhu episode where they electrocute the elder god using a roller coaster or something. It was a great cartoon back in the day.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was one of the worst movies that I've seen in some time.

Every beat happened not because of sense, but because of movie

gay agenda

tired lame nonsensical guest appearances

indian dude never takes any of his roles seriously - although he gave me the one chuckle of the night with his Narnia quip

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

IveABigOne

N00b
I watched Ghostbusters Frozen Empire yesterday; it was good, but the last one was better and there will never be a new ghostbusters that beats the first movie. I really don’t understand why people don’t like seeing the og ghostbusters in the new movies.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really don’t understand why people don’t like seeing the og ghostbusters in the new movies.
Something about the film work. Pacing, angles, something is off and makes their use glaringly inorganic. Notice their scenes are almost exclusively void of the new characters. Creates an underpinning rift

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I watched Ghostbusters Frozen Empire yesterday; it was good, but the last one was better and there will never be a new ghostbusters that beats the first movie. I really don’t understand why people don’t like seeing the og ghostbusters in the new movies.
Remember Season 1 GIF by Paramount+

season 20 20x1 GIF by South Park

IveABigOne

N00b
Something about the film work. Pacing, angles, something is off and makes their use glaringly inorganic. Notice their scenes are almost exclusively void of the new characters. Creates an underpinning rift
makes sense. I didn't notice that they didn't have the new characters and old in the same scenes. but thinking about it now it seems weird.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's this one scene that Bill Murray did: Ghostly cold rushes in and he takes it in. A little thing, a good scene easily missed

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just felt like they had too big of a cast they needed to feature in this one. Was largely OK, but the prior was a better movie.

Thought Podcast had been recast, lol.

• 1Like