Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire (2024)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If people want a Ghostbusters 3 that we never got, I recommend the PS3 game from 2009 or so. Dunno if it ever got remastered or anything and it probably looks dated now. Maybe there's a PC version. In any case that game was a great "GB3" and had the original cast (including some of their actual VOs). Plus it's playable.

Afterlife was a good movie and full of wistful nostalgia for the originals. They certainly earned my ticket buy for a sequel. Don't know why people are dumping on this one. I'm sure it's fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No, but there was this weird Ghost + Person lesbian relationship forming. Girl power!
Hah we asked each other this last night too after the movie.

I thought it was a fun movie. Kept my attention the whole time. Kumail was pretty damn funny in this. The big bad guy was a bit lackluster. Did not enjoy the CGI for Slimer.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I agree. And through that whole almost lesbian encounter, we learn that women cause the problems then somehow fix them. I guess?

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
If people want a Ghostbusters 3 that we never got, I recommend the PS3 game from 2009 or so. Dunno if it ever got remastered or anything and it probably looks dated now. Maybe there's a PC version. In any case that game was a great "GB3" and had the original cast (including some of their actual VOs). Plus it's playable.
It actually had a graphics rerelease back in 2019, and IMO is probably the best Ghostbusters related thing since the original movie:

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The villain was pretty pointless, but I still enjoyed the movie for what it was. A brainless popcorn flick.

The motorcycle they rode in the beginning had the license plate of ECTO C, which made me think of Ecto Cooler, the Hi-C drink.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
seems like all the criticisms i read about this say the same things. too many characters, the stupid gay ghost romance, the pointless villain. i guess i can wait til its on video.
I never watched the last one and I doubt I'll waste the time with this one either even if they're on Max or something. Rather just rewatch the original if the mood suits me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I didn't watch 2016, the last one, and don't plan on watching this one. Gaze upon the lands where my fucks groweth, for they are barren.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
2016 was the female Ghostbusters abomination. The first with Ant-Man was Ghostbusters Afterlife in 2021.

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Just went and saw it today, was not amazing and was not terrible, was a decent and entertaining enough.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Can anyone explain to me why people are so obsessed with ghost busters? Its an IP ive seriously never understood why people care about so much. Guy I used to work with was serious about dressing up as a ghostbuster and going to local events as a ghostbuster.

• 1Seriously?

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
I imagine the same reason people are really into Star Trek or Star Wars or any fandom really. They just really get into shit and enjoy it considerably whether it be the characters, or the story ,or the world, or really any number of reasons.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The first film was a masterpiece. Had top notch comedic actors, incredible timing and pacing, successfully blended comedy and horror, had great special effects for the time, and was just a fun adventure. It also had a lot of lore to it and the obvious ability to have endless expansion to that lore, which often seems to be a key component to the obsessive fandoms.

It was also a monster success so tons of people (especially kids) were exposed to it -- it made more money than Empire Strikes Back or Raiders of the Lost Ark in their original releases, as a comparison. That's a lot of potential lifelong fans.

None of the other films ever really came close to approaching that zenith but I guess by then it already had its hooks in.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Ever after all these years I find it amazing that a movie adaptation cartoon tie-in cash grab toy commercial had people that gave this much of a shit -

as a kid I was disappointed with Ghostbusters 2. I liked the cartoon more.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
It's a movie.

That's about the best praise I can come up with for it. I should have seen Kong instead. I'd probably say the same.

• 1Worf