Gigantic - MOBA'ish

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the non-laning aspect makes me want to try this out, but I could see the relatively complex game format (multiple summonable beasts, game phases, clash mode, etc.) causing a steep learning curve.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Well seems the alpha list is FCFS since i got email saying im in the alpha and wait for test date.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Laning phase and theory crafting with gear are favorite parts of moba's, but I will give it a shot.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Looks interesting. However, I don't like the way some MOBAs are going where it's difficult to excel individually. I like laning and buy items. I love being able to powerspike my character ahead of other people based on my successful plays. I like the idea of transitioning from a 1v1 (or 2v2) lane into roaming/team fighting.

Column_sl

shitlord
At the end of that video they show game play, and it looks like it will be over the shoulder 3rd person like Smite, or the newest Transformers Moba.

I love the looks of this game so I signed up for the Alpha.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
At the end of that video they show game play, and it looks like it will be over the shoulder 3rd person like Smite, or the newest Transformers Moba.

I love the looks of this game so I signed up for the Alpha.
Its more like Smite yes - the ign video i think showed more? Maybe not since it was just alot of looping footage.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Are they just letting everyone in? Because I just signed up, and I already got accepted into the Alpha
I dont think MANY people even know of it considering ive only spotted the article on IGN and no where else. However i think its just first come first serve for X amount of people then everyone else is on the wait list. That or they made a mishap and didnt realize they are telling everyone theyre in alpha.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I enjoy Smite 5 X as much as Dota 2 or LOL and I'd love to be involved at the start of a game that when it hits late beta is already full of meta's and extremely defined strategies/builds etc so I'll definitely be checking this out. Smite is awesome but getting into ranked conquest is slightly annoying when you have 10,000 people who all have watch videos for a year+ (and still suck) who spend the game trying to preach at people what they are doing wrong and not following cookie cutter picks/builds/meta etc.

I had some fucking idiot go beserk on me for picking Isis as a support...was screaming to report me for 5 minutes straight until I netted 2 kills myself and 5 for ADC with 0 deaths before the game hardly started. I'd just love to be at the start up even if the game itself isn't maybe up to par.

Column_sl

shitlord
They can report you for playing a non cookie cutter build? God I hate the MOBA community.

Worst community in gaming by far.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Happens across most MOBAs actually. If you try something outside the meta or "different" they are quick to report. I have even seen it to where you are doing the best on the team and they still want to report saying they carried you.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Worst community in gaming by far.
That's what everyone said about CS/Quake when it was popular, then MMOs, then back to shooters, now games like Dota and LoL.

Could it just be that little kids who play video games are douchebags?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's what everyone said about CS/Quake when it was popular, then MMOs, then back to shooters, now games like Dota and LoL.

Could it just be that little kids who play video games are douchebags?
That's pretty much it. I remember I got into Smite beta a month after other people were playing and I got fucking bitched at because "everyone knows you take rah center lane" or something like that. You see the same thing in other types of games.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's pretty much it. I remember I got into Smite beta a month after other people were playing and I got fucking bitched at because "everyone knows you take rah center lane" or something like that. You see the same thing in other types of games.
This is why I follow the great one strike policy. If you say something stupid once I just tell you to shut the fuck up and put you on ignore.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I delete things i type at least 10 times a game, literally speaking out loud ...don't add to toxic shit. It just amazes though just how pathetic the little nerds are. I know most of them never played a real sport in their life by the fact that they spam good game 1 minute in if someone makes a mistake because god for bid there isn't enough room in a 50 minute game to overcome accidently having your less powerful mage get the mana buff.....

Outside of WOW, as a whole MMO's tend to have a better community but the FTP games bring in morons. TOR, EQ, VG, Rift (early on), FFXIV all had at least decent populations. MOBA's seem to have 90% fucking kids that do not understand the first thing about competitive team work nor social interaction.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I do like the FPS community though. Usually if someone mentions you that means you are destroying people and you get accused of hacking or being a pussy that uses only a certain class/weapon. Feels good.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else get an email asking for a dxdiag file? I am guessing they will start sending invites soon.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I got one as well, and I agree it can't be too long if they collecting information as they are probably looking at what configs they wanna go after.