Gigantic - MOBA'ish

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Alpha should be going pretty shortly - check emails for final confirmations.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I got in too but I haven't installed it yet. What are the issues with it so far? Gameplay? Functionality?

bayr_sl

shitlord
Yeah I got in too but I haven't installed it yet. What are the issues with it so far? Gameplay? Functionality?
It's a super narrow fov/zoomed in 3rd person game with relatively fast paced combat that makes it a massive headache to play. The moba mechanics are completely nonsensical. It would be an improvement if it was just a team deathmatch game.

Gameplay wise I'd compare it to something like Savage 2 but virtually unplayable

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So its not closer to SMITE? I got in beta/alpha day 1 and i never installed due to it not launching with my use of 3 monitors - I havent tried it since i downsized so no clue myself.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Got invited for some reason, download the game, try to login, servers are only up for specific windows of time, already annoyed. Check the next event times, only 2hours, in the middle of when I sleep. Yeah, I guess fuck that noise for now.

Played it yesterday it was up for like 12 hrs, Had fun lots of guys to choose from, some need balanced for shure. Overall it was a good PvP game.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Oh i forgot Smite existed, yeah it's infinitely less playable than smite
Smite is 3 X as playable as any of the point to click crappy MOBA's out there ! I was kinda hoping this might turn out alright so I could get a bit of freshness since I play Smite 90% of all my gaming but seems abit off kilter in its general design. I'd love to see a Heroes of Might and Magic based MOBA with a general style similar to smite but maybe better synergy combo's or something.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Servers are up today at 3pm EST for another round.

I haven't been able to play yet as my PC was in the shop, I was hoping this was less MOBA and more Overwatch though, we'll see.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Played about 10 games this afternoon while watching Smite SPL; wasn't horrible. Definitely a completely different feel then a traditional moba but something different might not be a bad thing. I doubt I'd ever leave smite unless there was a mass exodus of players for this type of game but will probably fuck around here and there. Unfortunately its more of a shooter lite feel which I dislike greatly (shooters that is). I always play mages and even the mages for the most part play like a ranged adc.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah not really a moba, more like a team shooter with absolutely terrible autoaim mechanics, like you can hit people by vaguely shooting/meleeing in their general direction. I guess because consoles/PC aren't split? Not sure. Also apparently will require windows 10 or some nonsense.

Other than that it looked kinda ok I guess, I played a couple of games and was bored already though, there's a little bit of customization but not all that much(only 2 talents per skills, which then open 2 more later on, and 3 passives). UI seems confusing as far as I could tell, but might need to get used to it, characters kinda felt same-ish looking at the abilities, the map I played is pretty nice though and felt a lot more like a FPS map than say Smite maps which are flat and stuff.

I don't really see why I'd play this though, the Blizzard FPS looks like an actual TF2/FPS kind of thing, this feels like a FPS but with crappier moba combat like Smite(which works fine for a moba, not for a FPS). Don't really see much of a point, it just didn't feel very fun to play.

sebur

Bronze Squire
We played the really early form at PAX South and talked to a lot of the devs and what not. We actually smashed the early "good" players before we got bored cause it was more of a battle arena than a moba. There were 1 or 2 OP chars I would play and would decimate the enemy team. Just got really boring really fast.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone want some free keys to this shit? I haven't even played it but they sent me some keys.

Well if you do, here you go.

Your Gigantic Closed Beta Invitation Keys:

Key 1: 6PSPGF2-Z3FFJ5-M5H62BQ-ZAJXYI
Key 2: D3ZOJCN-CK5FMR-F7QFJHB-X5QCTA
Key 3: 5NDIGYQ-WNBDRD-HJXXJ3C-HBO3XA
Key 4: 45UMDLM-MWBEWD-JEUQUJK-HJG35Q