Girls who broke your heart thread

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Kind of weird turn of events. Flash back almost a year I was working with this girl at restaurant, we"ll call her D. Really cute chick, shorter than I usually go for, kind of shy geeky scene girl thing going on. But I was with a girl at the time so it never really went beyond flirting. I quit the job at June and, well, that was the last I heard of her for 6 months or so. I was caught up with my new job, then with some health issues, and I heard she had a BF from some other friends from that job I"m still in touch with, and didn"t give it any more thought.

Around January she messaged me out of the blue one saturday night asking if I was out in town and wanted to catch up, I was having a quiet one at home so I said I wasn"t out and went to sleep.

So today I get a call from a sales rep from a gym in the city trying to get me to sign up to his gym. He tells me that D signed up recently and when asked for 3 people she wanted to refer a cheap offer to, she selected me. I thought this was kind of bizarre because as I said, I"ve literally only spoken to her once since I quit that job last june. I would have thought she"d have a dozen closer friends or family members she"d want to refer, it"s not like we ever discussed going to the gym or working out or anything.

I told the sales rep that I wasn"t in any position to be signing up at a gym right now, but he offered to call back in a few weeks to re-extend the offer if my health has improved and I agreed. But it struck me afterwards how odd this was.

How would you guys interpret this? The only thing I can think is that she"s broken up with the BF and wants to get back in touch, though why she doesn"t just call and ask if I want to hang out is beyond me, except that she is rather shy. I was with someone else at the time so I never made a move, but a lot of flirting took place, and there was definately that undertone in our interaction.

I"m not sure what to think of it or where to take it from here, since I"d definately like to re-initiate contact with her and see if that can lead somewhere, but I"m probably not going to be in any state to do so for atleast another month or two due to my health.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You probably could of nailed her the night she texted you. Unless it"s clear you"re in the friend zone, assume you can get some. Always go when a girl pops up out of the blue. It normally does mean they are recently single.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Convo said:
You probably could of nailed her the night she texted you. Unless it"s clear you"re in the friend zone, assume you can get some. Always go when a girl pops up out of the blue. It normally does mean they are recently single.
Yeah I"m quite sure I could have had I been in the city at the time, but I was home, exhausted and moderately sick, and I think cabbing into the city at that hour just to meet her would have come off as kind of desperate, never mind that I would definately not have been on my A game.

Rush_foh

shitlord
SlyyDaugg said:
The song is true, guys. If ya wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Especially in America.
Marry a girl a rung below you on the attractiveness ladder and be happy for the rest of your days! That or have a 10 inch penis or lots of money.

findar_foh

shitlord
Azrayne said:
gym story
text her "i saw you reffered me to your gym. if you really wanted to see me all sweaty and worn out you should take me out for drinks first"

not like you are trying for this girl anyway, so swing for the fences.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mazim said:
Breaking up with my girl cause she doesn"t respect me=/ kinda sad I know. Will post pics pending how she handles it.
Where does the real respect in a relationship lie, if the first thing you think about doing is posting pictures of her clothed/naked on an internet message board. Perhaps you could just talk to her instead.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
kegkilla said:
pics of your handsome mug?
Fog doesn"t count. He was horribly disfigured in a gruesome nose hair clipper accident. He doesn"t like to talk about it much, and I thank you for not bringing it up again, sir.

TheCutlery said:
Fog doesn"t count. He was horribly disfigured in a gruesome nose hair clipper accident. He doesn"t like to talk about it much, and I thank you for not bringing it up again, sir.
Following this, I got AIDS of the face and now I look just like kegkilla.

Mazim_foh

shitlord
Sutekh said:
Where does the real respect in a relationship lie, if the first thing you think about doing is posting pictures of her clothed/naked on an internet message board. Perhaps you could just talk to her instead.
The first thing I thought of actually was the single girl I work with. You expect me to show and consider respect to a girl who doesn"t think twice about disrespecting me?

niteflyx_foh

shitlord
Mazim said:
The first thing I thought of actually was the single girl I work with. You expect me to show and consider respect to a girl who doesn"t think twice about disrespecting me?
I think we"ll need examples of disrespect to identify the magnitude to justify posting pix.

And regardless, post them anyway.