Girls who broke your heart thread

Lanludar_foh

shitlord
If anyone has seent he movie "Fired Up", Aychomo reminds me of the freshman med student who insists on everyone calling him dr. Such a toolbag.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
That was fucking money. A nice thing to come home to after being at work, doing inferior nursely things, catching retarded mistakes "doctors" like him make. Just today - I can"t wait until that tool accidentally prescribes 10mg of hydromorphone when he meant morphine, and watch him eat his fucking stethoscope when a nurse saves his goddamn license. I cannot rep you anymore, Ravvenn!

Lanludar said:
If anyone has seent he movie "Fired Up", Aychomo reminds me of the freshman med student who insists on everyone calling him dr. Such a toolbag.
He reminded me more of the dentist in The Hangover who insisted everyone call him doctor... when he was just a dentist. But yours is better.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Eomer said:
Things are done with that girl man.
Back on topic, seems like Eomer had it right.
Bottom line is, she just didn"t "fall in love", and while our three weeks were nice and fun, something seemed to be missing (to her).
That"s a reason I can accept. Being "too nice" is not. The "too nice" thing just made breakin up with me a bit harder for her.

(talked to a friend last night and she basically told me that)

(this is also the friend who flooded me with her failed relationship woes, and who will in turn have to listen to my wailing sooner or later over a bottle of wine, and hopefully give me sweat-breaking "oh-you-poor-boy"-sex. or a backrub.)

Draz_foh

shitlord
Ronaan said:
Back on topic, seems like Eomer had it right.
Bottom line is, she just didn"t "fall in love", and while our three weeks were nice and fun, something seemed to be missing (to her).
That"s a reason I can accept. Being "too nice" is not. The "too nice" thing just made breakin up with me a bit harder for her.

(talked to a friend last night and she basically told me that)

(this is also the friend who flooded me with her failed relationship woes, and who will in turn have to listen to my wailing sooner or later over a bottle of wine, and hopefully give me sweat-breaking "oh-you-poor-boy"-sex. or a backrub.)
Thats nice and all, but couldnt you atleast get pics before she left?!

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I can"t for the life of me figure out why people get uptight when we treat him like a douchebag. Mostly because he IS a fucking douchebag.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Man I hit a sore point with aych. I haven"t got laid in months because I"m...wait for it...in fucking Korea. I"m 24 and still looking for what I want out of life and still establishing my identity. I"ve been to a number of different places and met, and left, many groups of friends in the process. Changing places and lifestyle naturally puts up a number of roadblocks to successfully meeting women, both external as well as causing internal changes (confidence drops when out of your own element, adjusting to a new lifestyle, etc). I could describe the success I have with women when I"m in my own element with a circle of friends around me, but I don"t think that"s necessary. The important thing is that I know what I know and know what I don"t know, and I give advice based on my overall knowledge and not based on my emotions at that particular moment. And, I have repeatedly said that I don"t know everything and myself am not the perfect representation of what I advocate. That doesn"t mean the theory behind it isn"t sound.

I always avoid arguments with anyone who is emotionally charged because I don"t care to waste my time with gross generalizations and exaggerated misrepresentations of my points and/or characteristics, but I felt the need to defend myself.

----

In other news I have stopped seeing the Korean girl. She was really cool, we always had fun together, and our sense of humor was identical, but ultimately that was about as much as I felt for her. And more importantly, I was overwhelmed by other stresses and loneliness from living here which caused me to prematurely seek that companionship from her, and everyone knows what that behavior leads to. I"m slightly disappointed, but after pulling myself out of the rut I was in and having slight disappointment be my only emotion, it is pretty clear to me I didn"t have many real feelings for her as a person.

Meeting women here is really difficult. There are a lot of foreign teachers but proportionally we are an extreme extreme minority. So finding a girl that even remotely fits your demographic and personality in such a small population is really hard. Of course there is the option of dating Korean girls, which I tried, but our cultures are sooo different that a real match between the two is next to impossible (that doesn"t mean I don"t still want to try if only for the adventure). American guys who lack confidence and back home are seen as social trainwrecks are the only ones who line up with the natural timidness of Korean people, and that"s probably why I see only those types of guys with Korean girls. I managed to find a girl who wasn"t quite like that and lines up better with American culture than Korean, but even despite that I encountered many cultural differences that were potentially insurmountable.

Soo, my plan is stop worrying about it, quit allowing the quest to get laid asap to drive my behavior, and tweak my "inner game." Given the circumstances I"m in living here, I don"t have the mental or emotional resources to devote to it. I have a new and refreshing "don"t give a fuck" attitude. Undoubtedly but ironically, this new indifference will greatly increase the likelihood of success.

Brad2770

Alcestis said:
He reminded me more of the dentist in The Hangover who insisted everyone call him doctor... when he was just a dentist. But yours is better.
This is the BEST movie Dentist.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bOtMizMQ6oM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bOtMizMQ6oM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wild_whiskey_foh

shitlord
Dabamf said:
Korea dude
If you"re just looking to get laid, go to the Yongsan area and shop for girls around the CGV theatre. They"re like 85,000 KRW for foreigners and those girls are plastic beauties. I regret never stickin my cack in one.

Really though, I feel your pain. I spent a year in Korea and didn"t feel satisfied with my lovelife for half the year. Foreign teachers are REALLY slim pickings, dude. There are so few good looking girls that teach in Korea that it isn"t even worth bothering. The other ones are taken, and more often than not it seems to be with Korean guys hahaha

Why are you so deadset about not dating Korean girls? The culture isn"t THAT different, and you get a lot of knowledge about the female mindset and relationships in general from dating people where it"s all distilled down to precise moments, since there isn"t a lot of room for conversation with an ESL girl. Maybe you"re just looking for a lot more than what I tend to look for in a relationship with a Korean girl, but what do you expect if you"re only gonna be there for what is basically an extended vacation?

Admittedly, I came in here to post a story about a Korean girl that brokemyheart, but ultimately I still ended up with 4 other cute Korean girlfriends (+1 Japanese foreign exchange student) before I left Seoul, and I learned a lot about how to treat women, because like I said, when you can"t communicate through words (I don"t know a lick of Korean), everything else becomes that much more important.

As for my story: basically Korean girl I met in America, fell in love, seemed my future was set out for me. She spoke English like any American and had a perfect body (other than a bit flat chested) and a gorgeous face. Most importantly we got along better than any other girl I"ve met before and is the only relationship I would qualify as close-to-perefect. When I moved to Korea to be with her, her family caught wind of our relationship through motherly gossip - literally, locals would call my gfs mother to drop shit like "whats your daughter doing alone with a foreigner at the movie theatre?" Family shut down the relationship by putting her on a tight leash. Wouldn"t let her leave the home except during my working hours, etc. Sounds retared, IS retarded, but.. it"s Korea. Eventually she finally got together with me to tell me that it wasn"t worth trying anymore, we have no future, and she knows I don"t want to be in Korea anyway.

But I found out how absolutely debilitating real heartbreak is. I didn"t eat nor felt hungry for days, and stayed up for several nights in a row without being able to sleep. We had a year together (6 mos in the US, 6 mos in SK) and I don"t regret anything because it was the best year of my life. I learned more in my year in Korea about women and relationships (and realized they"re a lot less important than I had deemed prior) than I had in my 5 college years.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
wild_whiskey said:
korea stuff
I"m not set against dating a korean girl, in fact my intention when I came here was to do just that, if only for the learning experience. I was more referencing the unlikelihood of finding a real relationship, and also a reliable lay outside of a relationship (which would likely never be of any real depth). I would certainly date a korean girl again and deal with more ridiculous bullshit and roadblocks to break down, even if just to learn new things and for the experience of it. It didn"t work out with the old one only because I happened to be pretty (temporarily) emotionally unstable during the time she was throwing up a few extra roadblocks and as a result I handled the situation very poorly.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
wild_whiskey said:
korea girl + her family
It took me a long while to get used to how much sway my gf"s family has with her, and the way a lot of Korean culture works, mindset/views/etc. I understand it pretty well now, but a lot of it still just boggles the mind.

Diakonov_foh

shitlord
ToeMissile said:
It took me a long while to get used to how much sway my gf"s family has with her, and the way a lot of Korean culture works, mindset/views/etc. I understand it pretty well now, but a lot of it still just boggles the mind.
Hey man I completely understand how frustrating it can be. I was stationed in Korea almost 3 years ago and had a few local girlfriends. The fact that I had to be the dominant one in the relationship "not in the abusive your going to do this my way" but that they wanted me to have a say in every aspect of their lives. The only way I can explain it was one time my current girlfriend asked me if it was alright if she went out with some friends that night, of course my reaction was "sure, I don"t care". Evidently that was a bad mistake. This also happened on numerous occasions for everyday things such as could she buy these shoes, purse, etc. The only way I could ever figure it out is that in America we are taught that women are independent whereas in Asian culture women are taught to be submissive. I know that sounds full of machismo bullshit but that is the only way I can see it.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Well my gf was born in the US and has lived here all her life, so it isn"t nearly as hardcore as over there, but it can still be a challenge.

Dabamf - Find an Army girl? South Korea affords you that option, where if you don"t want to play with the locals, you can seek refuge in an American girl who"s in SK for a while.

GrobbeeTrull2.0 said:
Dabamf - Find an Army girl? South Korea affords you that option, where if you don"t want to play with the locals, you can seek refuge in an American girl who"s in SK for a while.
From what I"ve heard, army girls are super slutty.