Girls who broke your heart thread

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
arkk123 said:
Is she a lot taller than you?

What is up with this description?

"Basically, I"m just really fucking picky in all respects. I want a super model with a heart of gold who"s extremely intelligent, career driven, likes outdoorsy type shit, into anal, a good cook and who can give me a run for my money at NHL10. Is that too much to ask?"

You can"t be that delusional, you just really can"t. Into anal? What kind of creepy pyscho shit is that? That is criteria for dating a woman? Are you bi or something? Anal is fucking disgusting.

Anyway, you should take this whole thing with a grain of salt. I think by your huge posts about it that you are severely overthinking things. I can guarantee you that she isn"t somewhere doing the same thing, you haven"t even been on a date yet. The fact that she is attached to someone else is already a sign that you shouldn"t be wasting your time with this bitch anyway. If it was a one night stand or something it is a different story, but what dude is trying to get to know a girl that is dating another guy? You are sending her emails about small talk and attempts to be witty and stuff, and you haven"t even hung out with her yet. In a week or two, you are going to be that guy who she ignores emails and texts from, because you are probably going to annoy the shit out of her.

This is just bad all over. I"d just try to fuck her and leave it at that. You are setting yourself up for a fucking monumental mini novel post of sorrow and regret. On top of all of this, you are insecure in a painfully obvious and even sometimes admitted way. If you think a girl doesn"t pick up on this you are wrong.

It is a bad idea, and it will bite you in the face. Abort abort abort.
I really didn"t think someone could be more annoying then me, you have achieved this goal.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I"d never post face pics on here. You never know when some douchebag you pissed off will go on a mission to fuck with your life. I don"t know how people even go about digging up personal info, but I know it must not be too hard. Fuck, I figured out Tenks and I went to the same high school and hung out through a mutual friend for years, just based on coincidental postings on facebook and here. For a small bribe I will reveal his identity. (just kidding)

Eomer, ignore the fact that she"s older. You"ll have moments of thinking explicitly "man she"s older than me, the balance should be off" but in actual behavior it never comes through, and that thought only comes up because youthinkit should or would matter. Treat her like she"s your age.

Unrelated, since you have a lot of money and everything, do you always pay for everything, or do you make the girl pay in some cases? Seems like a dilemma of the rich guy, because I think it is pretty essential for the girl to pay sometimes. It doesn"t have to come out to 50/50, but the girl should be paying for things also. Otherwise it sets a bad precedent. But on the other hand its weird if you"re dating someone who"s broke and you have a lot of money, to ask them to pay for things...

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
arkk said:
Is she a lot taller than you?

What is up with this description?
No, she"s about 3 inches shorter, which is about perfect in my opinion. I don"t care if a girl is taller than me, but most times they do.

You can"t be that delusional, you just really can"t. Into anal? What kind of creepy pyscho shit is that? That is criteria for dating a woman? Are you bi or something? Anal is fucking disgusting.
That entire thing was quite obviously sarcasm, or at least parts were. I"m not delusional enough to think that I"ll ever find the perfect girl that fulfills my every desire and stipulation, but again I"m picky.

Never done anal, don"t really care if I ever do. Too much of a neat freak for it, most likely.

Anyway, you should take this whole thing with a grain of salt. I think by your huge posts about it that you are severely overthinking things.
Undoubtedly I"m overthinking things. That"s what I do. And I talk too much. Tell me something I don"t already know.

You are sending her emails about small talk and attempts to be witty and stuff, and you haven"t even hung out with her yet.
Well actually, we"ve damn near been on the equivalent of a date or two in terms of time spent over the wedding weekend.

In a week or two, you are going to be that guy who she ignores emails and texts from, because you are probably going to annoy the shit out of her.
I"m going to do my best not to do that, but you"re absolutely correct in pointing that out. I"m thinking I"ll look up the ski trip girl as a sort of back up plan and/or distraction.

This is just bad all over. I"d just try to fuck her and leave it at that. You are setting yourself up for a fucking monumental mini novel post of sorrow and regret. On top of all of this, you are insecure in a painfully obvious and even sometimes admitted way. If you think a girl doesn"t pick up on this you are wrong.
Actually I think I"ve done alright in terms of avoiding sobbing whiny posts. I mean yeah I"m good at novel posts, but it"s mostly recounting things that happened, and not dwelling upon how much I miss someone or whatever. Maybe they come across that way. As I"ve said in the past, I"ve never maintained any sort of diary or journal, and in some ways I"ve found this thread helpful if only to organize my thoughts a bit (but acknowledge that it can also be harmful in terms of overanalyzing things).

It is a bad idea, and it will bite you in the face. Abort abort abort
How so exactly? The worst that happens is she decides she"s not interested, and I move on to the next one. Maybe that happens after a couple dates, or a couple months. You"d rather I just go find some mediocre chick who grovels at my feet and isn"t a challenge and settle? Fuck that. Even though the whole Anne thing left me feeling not so hot in some respects, I don"t regret having had the relationship. I learned a lot from it, and in spite of feeling down about women/relationships, my summer was good times regardless.

One of the things I said to myself last fall was that I was going to stop being a chickenshit and start actually putting some effort in to meeting girls, which I never really had in the past. They"d pretty much have to fall in to my lap for me to do anything. I don"t know if it was some sort of phobia or mental block, but that"s the way I had been previously. Since I made that decision, bam I"ve dated half a dozen or so pretty decent girls, and as I said learned a lot about how I and they operate. I still have approach anxiety with ones I don"t know, but otherwise several of my good buds have commented on my sudden change in fortune after years of just sitting on the sidelines.

It would be fucking stupid to walk away from this without giving it a shot, even if it leads nowhere.

Unrelated, since you have a lot of money and everything, do you always pay for everything, or do you make the girl pay in some cases? Seems like a dilemma of the rich guy, because I think it is pretty essential for the girl to pay sometimes. It doesn"t have to come out to 50/50, but the girl should be paying for things also. Otherwise it sets a bad precedent. But on the other hand its weird if you"re dating someone who"s broke and you have a lot of money, to ask them to pay for things...
Depends on the girl. I"m fine with paying all the time, or letting the girl pick up the tab if she wants to. That date with the baker girl for example I paid for the dinner before hand and obviously the tickets, but she offered to pay for the $8 beers at the game (and that"s typically what I expect in return for tickets, whether a friend or a girl, is all I can drink crack beer).

Anne often insisted on paying for things and made comments that she felt bad about me paying for most things. I told her not to worry about it, but she did. Xerxes on the other hand never once offered to pay for a dinner the half dozen times we went out for one, and one time at this fancy wine store down the street when I asked her to pick out a bottle to go with the dinner we were making, she immediately grabbed a $60 bottle.

I think if anything the offer to pay, even if she doesn"t actually pick up the tab in the end, is an indication that you"re dealing with a good girl who"s not just looking for free shit. But it really wouldn"t much matter to me if I dated a girl for a month and she never paid for a thing, so long as she at least offered to.

It"s something I wonder about too. For example, my parents have a place in Mexico that I"ve never been to, mostly cause of lack of people to go with (friends have either been broke, travelling elsewhere, or want to stay in some shithole all-inclusive in the Dominican). I think this will be the 5th winter they"ve had it. The second I find a girl who seems to be a good one, I"m going to ask her if she"d like to head down for a week. If she says yes and is good to go and able to pay for her flight, awesome. But I wonder if it"s tacky or offputting, if she wasn"t able or just not willing to put the cash down for the flight, to pay for it myself.

But in response to what you specifically asked, no, I never "make" them pay for anything. I give them the chance to, and observe how they handle it, almost as a test of character I guess. But personally I kind of enjoy spoiling them.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Triple post, may as well put this in a separate one. So she had sent me her two numbers after I said I would call her tonight to firm up the plans. I had gone straight from work to a pub to watch the hockey game (suck it Turco), so I texted her around 8:30 saying I was watching the game with buds, and I would call her at 10:30 so long as it didn"t interfere with her beauty sleep. She texted back no problem and she"d talk to me then. Game went in to OT and shootout, so I didn"t get home until a bit after 10:30, as I wanted to make sure there were still tickets for the show left before I called.

As I was doing that she texted me that she was going to bed and that her cell would be recharging, hoped I had a "wonderful evening" and that the Oil had won and we"d talk soon. As soon as I got the text I called her from my home line, which kind of confused her when she answered, and she seemed really nervous on the phone. I asked if she had any preference of where to grab a bite beforehand, and she said her only condition was she didn"t want to go to the trendy restobar that Chuck happens to works at. Fair enough then! At one point she said "oh, it doesn"t matter, I"m easy" followed by an awkward pause and then her saying "well I don"t mean like a slut or something" and I laughed and reminded her that she"s supposed to be reserved. I honestly love that expression, girls always back themselves in to a corner with it. We agreed on a place and time and that was about it.

Like I said, I was kind of surprised at how nervous she seemed on the phone, which strikes me as actually a good thing.

Aztlan_sl

shitlord
It"s an excellent thing that she was nervous. Shows she"s been thinking of you and isn"t taking you for granted. The best ones are always super nervous on the first date.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eomer said:
How so exactly? The worst that happens is she decides she"s not interested, and I move on to the next one. Maybe that happens after a couple dates, or a couple months. You"d rather I just go find some mediocre chick who grovels at my feet and isn"t a challenge and settle? Fuck that. Even though the whole Anne thing left me feeling not so hot in some respects, I don"t regret having had the relationship. I learned a lot from it, and in spite of feeling down about women/relationships, my summer was good times regardless.

One of the things I said to myself last fall was that I was going to stop being a chickenshit and start actually putting some effort in to meeting girls, which I never really had in the past. They"d pretty much have to fall in to my lap for me to do anything. I don"t know if it was some sort of phobia or mental block, but that"s the way I had been previously. Since I made that decision, bam I"ve dated half a dozen or so pretty decent girls, and as I said learned a lot about how I and they operate. I still have approach anxiety with ones I don"t know, but otherwise several of my good buds have commented on my sudden change in fortune after years of just sitting on the sidelines.

It would be fucking stupid to walk away from this without giving it a shot, even if it leads nowhere.
meh

just made a huge epic post and deleted it. nm lol..

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Aztlan said:
It"s an excellent thing that she was nervous. Shows she"s been thinking of you and isn"t taking you for granted. The best ones are always super nervous on the first date.
She was nervous when he called the house line. She"s currently seeing someone, kind of"ish. Obviously the other dude was there.

Aztlan_sl

shitlord
brekk said:
She was nervous when he called the house line. She"s currently seeing someone, kind of"ish. Obviously the other dude was there.
Hahaha. I find this type of thinking hilarious. You sir have had too many bad experiences and have let it effect your thought process, or you"re just plain negative. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt regarding anything until they prove to me otherwise. You can"t let the character or actions of others depict your ideas of everyone else you meet in the future.

It"s more plausible that she indeed was going to go to sleep at that time, and that she was nervous about receiving his call. I"ve experience this same type of occurrence plenty of times in my life. I doubt it"s some elaborate nervousness based on the precept she"s trying to hide the fact that she has a dude over who"s about to pork her in her bedroom. In that case she wouldn"t answer the call. You"re trying too hard.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
brekk said:
You fucker! That hadn"t even occurred to me!

As Aztlan said, it"s unlikely. My sister used to live in the same building as where she does currently, they"re fairly small one or two bedroom condos. There"s no way she"d agree to take my call, or actually answer the phone, if she had the other guy there because it would be impossible for her to conceal it from him without running out of the suite. Like I said, when she answered the phone I was just like "Hey! Howsit goin?" without thinking that she didn"t know my home number, and after a second I was like "oh sorry, it"s soandso", and it just kind of put her back on her heels.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sutekh said:
Coming from you, you just made a huge pile of shit, thank you for deleting it.
On the next episode of "WHEN VIRGINS ATTACK!!1!"...

Oh sweet I have another fan!

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Aztlan said:
Hahaha. I find this type of thinking hilarious. You sir have had too many bad experiences and have let it effect your thought process, or you"re just plain negative.
I"ve actually had very few truly bad experiences with girls. I just like to play the devil"s advocate.

Ravvenn_sl

shitlord
That and the "I"m easy" line is just that, it"s a line (women have them, too). She"s flirting with you, and I"d go out on a limb and say 90% of the time a female says "I"m easy" then pauses and say"s, "Well, not like that..." or something similar - she"s flirting.

Zakas_foh

shitlord
meh. My girl hates me now. Or something. I guess I"m on the computer too much, but what the fuck else do i do? We both are low on money. I guess its just cumulative. Anyway, everything I do annoys her now, and shes only okay with me if im rubbing her shoulders or taking care of her somehow. Bgfgfgfdgdfg.

Really was a mistake to move in with her. At least shes not prego or married to me :X

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I always wondered how it"d be moving in with a girlfriend that likes to go out all the time (during the day - walk around sun time etc and at night - party etc) and a guy that likes to stay in and play computer some nights lol

computer = money saver!

Brad2770

I have been talking to a girl for the last 5 days. She calls me every night at 9. I am going out with another girl tonight. Should I call girl#1 and tell her I will call her later than 9 or leave it and let the call go to voice mail?

Shanter_foh

shitlord
It depends. How long have you been talking to Girl#1? If not very long, just silence your phone and let it go to voicemail. It should not be a big deal if you don"t return her phone call, and if it is then she is crazy and you shouldn"t be talking to her.

It only took 7 and a half years to get to 500 posts! Wewt!