Girls who broke your heart thread

Tarrant220 said:
rofl +1, I"m the same way...wtf it"s just facebook people.
I don"t get facebook period.

I don"t have it and it seems to make my life 10000000000000000000 times easier.

I have linkedin for job purposes (basically jobs come to me anymore) and that be it. I mentioned to a coworker today that I was bailing out of my current job as soon as I can after a particular date in the next few months and she was like "OMG ARE YOU ON FACEBOOK I WANT TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOU"...I was like honey thats why god invented cell phones and email?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It doesn"t make my life any harder or easier really. I originally had it because it was easier to give updates on my kids to me whole family. My nearest family member is two states away so to me this was easier.

Then I began adding friends and peeps from school I hung out with from back home till I moved here and -shrugs- I don"t view it as a big deal where it effects my life in a negative or positive way really.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Tarrant220 said:
It doesn"t make my life any harder or easier really. I originally had it because it was easier to give updates on my kids to me whole family. My nearest family member is two states away so to me this was easier.

Then I began adding friends and peeps from school I hung out with from back home till I moved here and -shrugs- I don"t view it as a big deal where it effects my life in a negative or positive way really.
I just don"t understand how anyone can use that shit when it"s 99% irrelevant information to your, or anyone else"s life. I mean, fuck, the vast, vast majority of shit you see on that or myspace is stupid ass surveys or chain letters or "Which type of dingleberry are you?"

I think there"s a good way to test out whether you"re being a douche on there. Do you want to inform people about some awesome event in your life? Write them an email. If that seems like too much effort, there"s a good chance no one gives a flying fuck, and it doesn"t need to be said.

Same goes for twitter.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well you only have one friend and that is your soul mate, so you don"t need facebook, and the only friends that Etoille has don"t use facebook because pasties and chocolate can"t use computers. Shit if Etoille wasn"t unfuckable it could be your wife.

I don"t even like facebook but it does have it"s uses. Instead of sending 30 people who you surely don"t have the email addresses of an email, you can use facebook.

People from when you grew up, people from high school, from college, friends of friends and so on. This is a thread about girls, and facebook is a fucking booty catalog, especially for anyone in college. For that reason alone anyone with a wide spectrum of friends can use it as a tool to scour the lands for fresh meat and then you can put your C in someones V....

Or stalk, kidnap and force them to text you for 2 hours if you are Eomer. Jk

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
At a certain point in life, you get settled in raising your kids, working, and working on the house. There"s not a whole fucking helluva lot going on that needs to be talked about on daily basis.

Got some new pictures of the little ones? That"s fine. Buy a house/move/get a new job? Also fine. Take a survey talking about how many pairs of jeans you own? Figure out which superhero villain you are? Who the fuck cares? The ratio of signal to noise on those sites is terribad.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
The ratio of signal to noise on those sites is terribad.
The signal/noise ratio on personal e-mail isn"t much better, but you still use that I bet.

I don"t have nearly the problems with facebook that some people seem to have because I don"t friend people I have no interest in hearing about. Most people I see have 400+ friends on their page. Completely meaningless. You weren"t friends with every single person from your high school and you know it.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
The Ancient said:
The signal/noise ratio on personal e-mail isn"t much better, but you still use that I bet.
Maybe if you"re friends with assclowns. I tell everyone who has my email address that I don"t do chain letter bullshit, don"t send that shit to me. Works out pretty good. I get maybe 1 or 2 of those a year that slip thru, other than that, my email is used for actual information.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
TheCutlery said:
At a certain point in life, you get settled in raising your kids, working, and working on the house. There"s not a whole fucking helluva lot going on that needs to be talked about on daily basis.

Got some new pictures of the little ones? That"s fine. Buy a house/move/get a new job? Also fine. Take a survey talking about how many pairs of jeans you own? Figure out which superhero villain you are? Who the fuck cares? The ratio of signal to noise on those sites is terribad.
You an filter that shit out, and make it clear to your "friends" to not spam you with invites to all the useless shit. I find Facebook to be fairly handy like others have said for staying in touch with people, organizing trips or parties, sharing pictures easily, tracking down people you met but didn"t get info for (stalking), and so on.

Sure lots of people use it as a crutch to demonstrate to everyone how awesome their life is. Or to kill massive amounts of time playing gay little apps and games. Doesn"t mean you have to.

Funny how the world turns. After I was done sleeping at Rexall during one of the worst hockey games I"ve seen in awhile, a few buds and I went to a new pub/club for a few drinks after. Who tending the bar? Chuck of course.

Dabamf/Tarrant, as far as dating multiple people, you"re absolutely right in that respect. That"s exactly how things started with Anne, I was still somewhat seeing Xerxes when we started dating. I"m not particularly worried about my prospects, my ski trips start up in a couple more weeks and while most buses are sausage parties to one extent or another, there"s typically at least one or two decent girls a bus, and you get the occasional goldmine. It"s pretty much shooting fish in a barrel, it"s almost unfair.

Brad2770

Im not really sure how to word all of this. I have been thinking about what to say for about 15 minutes now, so I guess I will just type as it comes to me.

I have done my fair share of dating. I have met a lot of women. Some, I go out with and all I want to do is fuck them. Nothing ever happens. Some I go out with and all I want to do is fuck them. We eventually have sex and then I started missing my ex again and dont contact the woman again.

Then there are times I meet a woman and she wants nothing to do with me. If we do go out a few times, she eventually stops talking to me. It bothered me at first, but I realize now that its normal and has nothing to do with me.

I knew ofDabamf(I will call her Diane now...) because of my sister. They met, while working at Walmart, over 2 years ago. The reason they became friends (and I dont think I have ever shared this) was because they were both pregnant- yes, Diane has 2 kids (She had twin daughters).

After my separation, my sister wanted to hook me up with her, but I actually declined because of the age thing and the fact that she had new born girls. But as I dated (and most of them were 19-23), I figured it wasnt a big deal. After all, I wasnt looking for a relationship anyways because I "knew" that me and my ex would get back together. We started talking around May of 08. I saw her when The Dark Knight came out and after that we really started talking a lot. She was more of a shoulder to cry on because I wasnt getting the things I wanted from my ex. She was having problems with her "Babies" Daddy", so we both kind of comforted each other.

When she started saying things that made me realize she was interested, I met up with her and hooked one of my friends up with her sister. After that night, I knew I wanted to see her more. I told my ex about it and tried to have 2 girls at once. it didnt go over well (as everyone said it wouldnt). I "lost" my ex and I hated it. I kind of blamed myself and Diane for it and I slowly lost interest in Diane. By Dec, we were done and I was playing WoW full time again, so it didnt matter.

I saw her again sometime in the end of Jan of this year and we watched The Spirit. Afterwards, we kissed (which I forgot about). She told me that I made things really hard for her and after that night, she stopped talking to me.

In April, her sister was meeting a guy near my house, so they called me to go with them. Her sister ended up liking the guy, so Diane and I went and had dinner and talked. Nothing happened and after that night, she didnt contact me, though I didnt contact her. I figured she would if she was interested.

Over the last few months, even when I was with my ex, I did think about her. I wondered how things would have been had I not just dropped her. When i saw her at the wedding, I was floored. She looked amazing in the dress she had. I enjoyed talking to her and I knew I wanted to try again.

Its been 2 weeks and things are going really good. I dont have any thoughts about my ex (except that im afraid she is going to stick me with child support). Every now and then, I think that Diane could be someone to make me happy and its nice. I have never thought about being with anyone else except my ex. When it does happen, I feel bad sometimes. It makes me sad and I feel as though i have wasted a portion of my life. it doesnt take long to get back to good thoughts, but I guess in short- I am scared.

I really do not think Diane is The One for me. I do think she could be around for awhile, but she probably will not be the one I grow old with. I have talked to my sister about this and she has had these kinds of thoughts plenty of times and she is only 22. This is my first time to think like this and I dont know what to make of it.

I slept at Diane"s house last night. I had done it before (last year), but it was only after getting laid. Last night was nice. Watched a movie, watched Metalocolypse and then went to bed. She texted me this morning when she woke up and thanked me for a good night. She said it was the best rest she has gotten in a long time and asked when I could sleep with her again. She wants me to come back tonight.

A good friend of mine (who is female) says I should tell her my feelings. I have told her that i missed her, but I dont know what more to say. I really dont know how I feel, to be honest. I like everything that is happening, but is it real or is it the fact that my ex has only been "gone" for 2 months. I want to be careful, but I dont want to lose a good thing either. I have been staying quiet though. Not until I know for sure.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I"d like to say I had advice for that but I find myself when I think about it, I don"t have any clue when the right time is to tell someone how you feel...but maybe that"s because there is no "right" time for it, there is no preset time when you need to bring it up....just whenever you are comfortable with it.

She wants you to stay the night at her place on consecutive nights...chances are, she"s got something more then "hey i like that guy" running through her head and after you tossed her to the side last time, I"m thinking it"s going to be up to you to bring that stuff up this time, whenever you feel the time is right.

You"ve been seeing her a few weeks, can anyone really tell how they feel someone after just a few weeks? I mean yeah you know you care about her, but after two weeks honestly you shouldn"t be worried if she is "the one" you already said it yourself, you see her being around for awhile...and that should be good enough. It"s not until you reach the end of "been around awhile" stage that you need to jump to the "the one" stage of relationship thinking.

Or at least that"s my take on it.

If you feel the need to tell her how you feel then do so, tell her what you said here...you care about her, you think of her often and you miss her when she"s not around. I think at this stage, given her obvious feelings for you that that"s about the perfect thing to say and would make her happy to hear.

You"re scared she"s your rebound and honestly...the way you"ve described doesn"t come off as rebound"ish to me, seems like you like her...roll with that and tell her that I think you"ll find the end result a positive one.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
Maybe if you"re friends with assclowns. I tell everyone who has my email address that I don"t do chain letter bullshit, don"t send that shit to me. Works out pretty good. I get maybe 1 or 2 of those a year that slip thru, other than that, my email is used for actual information.
OH SHIT YOU CAN APPLY THE SAME STATEMENT TO FACEBOOK

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ex called me out of the blue yesterday, I was working and kept getting this random number calling me, I get out of work and find out shes a hostess at this local restaurant cause shes answering it hi this is so and so working here.. im like uhh hi? Conversation starts off with her bitching how I took so long to call her back and how I ruined her life, then telling me updates to her life story since we broke up then trying to ask me where I live and where I"ve been going out to (so she can avoid seeing me she says) and asking me how I am and how she"s worried about me.. etc

Pretty much left her hanging on the conversation by cutting her short, but makes me wonder if she"s going to start making a habit of calling me from her work number. She made it seem like shes oh so happy with her new boyfriend but she hasnt bothered to talk to me the last 4 months and all of a sudden finds it worthy to call me to bitch about what i did to her? blasphemy, i hope she doesnt start calling. Feels all too similar from what I read on this forum even though she appeared as uninterested.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
She wants attention from you, you weren"t giving it so she took it upon herself to make you give it to her. Don"t answer your phone unless it"s a number you know and you"re good.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah true, I did drunken text her last week though so I"m not sure its all that but im sure its some of that. She obviously knew where I had been going, maybe shes getting jealous of never going out ;p

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I meant to call my cousin last week whom shares the same name as an ex-gf of mine. I forgot I updated my cousin"s contact with her first/last name and the iPhone sorts based off last name so on accident I called my ex-gf. Oops. Was lulz.

Brad2770

You can change it to sort by first name. Thats what i did so i wouldnt make those mistakes either.