Girls who broke your heart thread

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
lost said:
girls dont want you unless other girls also want you
Fixed

She"ll probably try to manipulate you into getting back with her. Pulling all kinds of "I miss you, [whatever she did wrong] was a mistake, I love you blah blah" But...it"s only bc you"re banging other girls. If you go back with her and she thinks she has you, she"ll get bored of you again immediately.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Back story:Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
Eomer said:
In other news, looks like my initial impression was correct and the Brit just wasn"t all that interested:

Me: Out of the blue question: would you be interested in going to see Muse tonight? They must have released more tickets!

Her: I would love to, but I cannot see, speak or stand up properly! Gutted, they are amazing live.

Me: Bah I say! You messed up from the weekend or something?

Her: messed up is an understatement. i got to bed at 4am. I"m not sure i"ll ever recover from this.

Me: Wow, that"s late! Think you"ll be recovered to check out another show on Wednesday?

Her: There is another show?! I really would but my friend from england is coming to visit so I cant :-(

Me: Different band. When DOES work for doing something then?

Her: not sure until after easter when all will return to normal. I hope!

Me: Alright, I shall leave the ball in your court then! Get some rest!

Talked with a friend who was on the trip about unrelated matters, and she would have gotten home from the ski trip she was on at 2am at the latest. Ah well, onwards and upwards!

So I"m at a bar last night with a bud (the one who manages a bar), dragged out on a Sunday night because he was supposed to be meeting one of his waitresses that he"s messed around with a bit in the cooler at their work (classy). Only reason I came was that she was supposed to also be coming with the girl I mentioned a couple times back in the fall. And also he gets 60% off at other locations of that establishment, so what the hell, may as well celebrate Zombie Jesus amirite? Bitches stood us up.

So I"m standing at the bar doing shots with "industry" people (my poop this morning was horrid) when I receive a sharp elbow in the back. Sure enough it"s (the) Brit, who went out of her way to say hey as I"d not have noticed her otherwise. We chatted for a few moments, she introduced me to her friend, I mentioned I was getting out of there pretty soon as I had to be up early, and she went on her merry way. Felt a little awkward to be honest. I cab it home and she texts me and the following convo results:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Her: Heeeey. Sorry i didn"t chat long trying to entertain my friend. Hope you feel better than I will tomorrow!

Me: No worries, too bad I had to take off early otherwise I would have done my part to keep her entertained. What are you lasses up to tomorrow? If you"re up we could catch another hockey game, I"m sure we could scrounge up a fourth!

Her: I hve to drop her at the airport hockey time. :-( she is gutted. My roommate is going wed with her mate but I"m not sure I will go out this week I will want to die.

Me: Bah, short visit for her then!

Her: She came for 4 days she is crazy! Stop bah ing me!

Me: Sorry, forgot you aren"t Scottish . Pfft for the record that"s only twice!

Her: Once more and youre in trouble.

Me: Well the excuses just keep piling up! Pick a day and that way I won"t have to bah you again

Her: Im a busy girl. Plus im pretty sure you didnt even call me for 2 weeks in the first place. I"m pretty sure patience is a virtue.

Me: Tis indeed! However I am not overly virtuous unless I really try :/

Her: hah, you"d better try harder then. I"ll leave u to sleeeeep mr you gotta be up soon.

Me: My best work is conducted hung over. I will work on my virtues I guess sleep tight, if you get around to it.

Her: im sleeping in t minus 7. I cannot bloody wait

Chicks confuse me :/

Whyme_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
Me: No worries, too bad I had to take off early otherwise I would have done my part to keep her entertained. What are you lasses up to tomorrow? If you"re up we could catch another hockey game, I"m sure we could scrounge up a fourth!

Her: I hve to drop her at the airport hockey time. :-( she is gutted. My roommate is going wed with her mate but I"m not sure I will go out this week I will want to die.

Me: Bah, short visit for her then!

Her: She came for 4 days she is crazy! Stop bah ing me!

Me: Sorry, forgot you aren"t Scottish . Pfft for the record that"s only twice!

Her: Once more and youre in trouble.

Me: Well the excuses just keep piling up! Pick a day and that way I won"t have to bah you again

Her: Im a busy girl. Plus im pretty sure you didnt even call me for 2 weeks in the first place. I"m pretty sure patience is a virtue.

Me: Tis indeed! However I am not overly virtuous unless I really try :/
Hah! That"s what you get for playing games. Sounds like she kinda likes you though, for some inexplicable reason. I bet if you are honest with her and stop treating her like another one of your whores, she may just give you another chance.

Try this: Tell her you are sorry about the mixed signals. Tell her you really like her. Tell her you dumped that other girl so that you could date her exclusively. Tell her you really like her. Tell her you"ll stop being a flaky dick and that if she gives you another shot you won"t disappoint. Tell her you really like her.

And this time don"t text her AT ALL. Call her instead. Limit your texts because you come off sounding desperate in them.

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just have to reiterate what"s been said a bunch of times. Eomer, you seem like a great guy. I"m sure if we met we"d be fast friends. But holy fuck, you are legendarily bad at text conversations. Each sentence you type is more excruciating than the last. You don"t need to force a one-liner or a witticism into every single clause. I promise.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Personally I think I"m charming, fuck you guys! Honestly though, in her case she invites it as she"s quite similar in her smartassery. But duly noted.

Whyme said:
Try this: Tell her you are sorry about the mixed signals. Tell her you really like her. Tell her you dumped that other girl so that you could date her exclusively. Tell her you really like her. Tell her you"ll stop being a flaky dick and that if she gives you another shot you won"t disappoint. Tell her you really like her.
What? After one date? I"m not sure if you"re confusing this with a different backstory, but that would just be bizarre. Neither of us knows anything about the other"s relationship status so it would be strange in the extreme to mention anything about anyone else. She doesn"t know and shouldn"t care. The "two weeks" thing was between looking her up on Facebook to get her number and then calling her, more like 8-10 days later.

Whyme_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
What? After one date? I"m not sure if you"re confusing this with a different backstory, but that would just be bizarre. Neither of us knows anything about the other"s relationship status so it would be strange in the extreme to mention anything about anyone else. She doesn"t know and shouldn"t care. The "two weeks" thing was between looking her up on Facebook to get her number and then calling her, more like 8-10 days later.
Yes, after one date. You broke up with Anne after only one date with Brit, did you not? You"re coming off as ambivalent towards Brit when in fact you really like her. Just stop trying to come off as being so cool with your busy lifestyle and blah blah blah and take a chance with some good old fashioned direct honesty. Your current approach isn"t gonna get you anywhere so might as well, right?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whyme said:
Hah! That"s what you get for playing games. Sounds like she kinda likes you though, for some inexplicable reason. I bet if you are honest with her and stop treating her like another one of your whores, she may just give you another chance.

And this time don"t text her AT ALL. Call her instead. Limit your texts because you come off sounding desperate in them.
Now I know I am no maestro of seducing women. But if you listen to what this dude is trying to tell you, I can pretty much guarantee she will never talk to you again. Let alone date you. That shit"s just creepy. It"s probably the worst thing you can say to a woman that"s playing hard to get.

Just give it a week and give her a call and be like. "Hey, I bought two tickets to so and so, one for me, one for you. It"s on somedate. I"ll pick you up at sometime." and she"ll be like, alright! Promise.

You"re a man, she"s a woman that likes men. You"ve got to metaphorically beat her in the head with your club and drag her back to your den. None of that asking questions shit.

Whyme_foh

shitlord
Now I know I am no maestro of seducing women. But if you listen to what this dude is trying to tell you, I can pretty much guarantee she will never talk to you again. Let alone date you. That shit"s just creepy. It"s probably the worst thing you can say to a woman that"s playing hard to get.

Just give it a week and give her a call and be like. "Hey, I bought two tickets to so and so, one for me, one for you. It"s on somedate. I"ll pick you up at sometime." and she"ll be like, alright! Promise.

You"re a man, she"s a woman that likes men. You"ve got to metaphorically beat her in the head with your club and drag her back to your den. None of that asking questions shit.
I don"t think she"s playing hard to get. I think she"s just confused by the mixed messages Eomer has been sending. I"m pretty sure that if you wait a week and give her that macho, "we"re gonna do this my way" line, not only will she reject you, she"ll probably throw you in the lost cause dump with the rest of the chumps and never talk to you again. I"m not saying bawl your eyes out and beg for forgiveness - I"m just saying put away the mind games for a while and treat her like you would like to be treated.

Jesus Christ what has dating come too?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah what"s your backstory with women Whyme because that advice is downright horrible

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Whyme said:
Jesus Christ what has dating come too?
Acting like someone you"re not while trying to read the other person, being wrong and posting it on here after things fall apart after 3 weeks to 3 months. Then 2 people respond with "that sucks bro" while 15 others respond with "lawl we told you so."

I advise against listening to Whyme. What he says does make sense, but it is a gamble with unknown chances. If she is really into you, it would prolly work. But then you dont need to worry in the first place.

If she is still undecided, has some interest or is just curious.. you will pretty much ruin it. If you say what he posted you will kill any tension between you two. Worst possible scenario.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Tarrant220 said:
Acting like someone you"re not while trying to read the other person, being wrong and posting it on here after things fall apart after 3 weeks to 3 months. Then 2 people respond with "that sucks bro" while 15 others respond with "lawl we told you so."
I"m waiting for the "dating encounter dps" spreadsheet(s) and accompanying ui mods so i can maximize effectiveness.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
ToeMissile said:
I"m waiting for the "dating encounter dps" spreadsheet(s) and accompanying ui mods so i can maximize effectiveness.
I think the best thing for many people here would be to stop with the tab targeting....you just never can tell if you got the wrong one until it"s to late.

Whyme_foh

shitlord
Tenks said:
Yeah what"s your backstory with women Whyme because that advice is downright horrible
That advice is a little out of context, so let me explain: confidence and being self-actualized is the key to all of this. Massive insecurity drives guys to use these gimmicky little mind games in hopes that they can leverage a woman"s insecurity against her. They basically trick her into thinking she likes them by acting and proving that they"re her social superior. It"s stupid and the worst thing about it is, it actually works on some women (especially the vapid, ultra-hot ones because those are the most insecure of them all) so guys think this is the way the game is played. In reality, if you want a great woman, all you have to do is be happy with who you are and be genuine with them. If you"re not 100% happy with yourself, then do what you need to do to get to that place.

If you want a vapid, massively insecure, very hot girlfriend, go for it. If you want someone that is genuine and comfortable with themselves, none of that stuff is going to work - she"ll see right through you.

I used to do all of this. Long time ago. I"ve used pretty much every trick in the book - and most of them have worked, but again, only on the ultra-hot, insecure bimbos. When I stopped using those tactics and started being more myself, I lost the ability to attract the latter, but gained the ability to attract those that are really worthy of my time and effort. I guess it just depends on what you want.

Churchill_foh

shitlord
Whyme said:
When I stopped using those tactics and started being more myself, I lost the ability to attract the latter, but gained the ability to attract those that are really worthy of my time and effort.
i.e.: the fat ones

No thanks.

Whyme_foh

shitlord
churchhill said:
They"re pretty fucking important though.
At the start, sure. As time goes on though, you"re gonna want someone with a great personality and sense of humor. I can"t think of anything worse than waking up one day and finding myself in a relationship with a complete dud, or even worse, a huge bitch.