Girls who broke your heart thread

Snugglebear_foh

shitlord
Tenks said:
Oh Jebus Eomer is talking about marriage after knowing the broad for 6 dates.

This cannot end well.
I dunno, the armchair generals on this board are calling her everything from a broken needy Jesus princess to a bloodsucking approval vampire. Eomer, take the advice on this board with a grain of salt. When a girl goes on birth control for you, she"s either very stupid or you"re a keeper. If she gives you more business about her parents, offer to go to church with her! You"ll end up doing it anyway in a long term relationship. Get used to it! I once knew a hardcore satanic goth motherfucker who met a Jesus girl... oh man, the spiked collars came off quick when he was praising jeebus. Though where I"m from, churchgoing whores aren"t Coors Light party girls. I think they go into the pageant circuit.

PS: I wasn"t serious about offering to go to church with this girl.

Ginn_foh

shitlord
Lenaldo said:
Just put something more subtle... Like something about wanting an athletic girl cause you like to run.. or some shit..
Man I did that, I wrote, I"d like someone active who will work out with me. I tend to work out like 6 days a week, I ain"t settling for no fatties!

psu199_foh

shitlord
I"m rooting for Eomer to make it a few more months, only because I"m waiting to see out how he works through the whole religion issue. I dated a girl for about 5-6 months, liked her a lot, but just couldn"t get over the fact that religion was a big part of her life. Though she never attempted to push any of it on me, she went to church every Sunday and it wasn"t just a tradition/cultural thing. She genuinely believed in a personal god. As close minded as it might make me, that was a deal breaker

*edit I"m not rooting for him ONLY to see how he works through the religion angle, that would be obnoxious. Best of luck and all that, I just want to know how it plays out!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Tenks said:
Oh Jebus Eomer is talking about marriage after knowing the broad for 6 dates.

This cannot end well.
Oh come on, I have a history of sarcasm on these boards and one of my livejournal posts here was about me fucking up and being too sarcastic IRL.

Snugglebear said:
PS: I wasn"t serious about offering to go to church with this girl.
K, because that shit would not go well probably. I can just picture me walking in to the church and them speaking in tongues (I don"t think they actually do that, but hey), or being introduced to the congregation or some other awful thing. I mean I"m not afraid of church, if my mom gets real whiney at Easter or Christmas sometimes I"ll make an exception and go but won"t take communion. But no fucking way am I spending an entire Sunday meeting her family, going to church, and then spending the rest of the day hanging out with her 5 siblings and their growing brood of children. At least not until she"s doing anal. But for serious, I have no idea what"s gonna happen in that respect, if things continue. I don"t mind meeting families etc, but in that kind of environment I just KNOW I"ll be asked questions that I won"t be able to bullshit my way out of without offending the entire household.

Hah, so much long term potential I can foresee!

*edit I"m not rooting for him ONLY to see how he works through the religion angle, that would be obnoxious. Best of luck and all that, I just want to know how it plays out!
I"m actually kind of curious about it too, kind of virgin territory for me. Should be interesting if we get to that point. It was funny, when she was over last night she was just kind of absent mindedly tinkering with stuff on my book shelf (there"s a shelf with random knicknacks etc on it) and the sleeve for the God Delusion was sitting there, open but face down so you could just see the liner notes or whatever the fuck they"re called (I lent the book to a friend, who will probably destroy the book anyway, but I figured I"d save the sleeve). She actually picked it up and stood it up, but still with the giant, mirrored silver GOD DELUSION title facing away. I was watching this going "oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck not what this evening needs at all right now, not at all."

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Women take birth control for reasons other than to not get pregnant. I knew plenty of non-sexually active girls in college who took it because it made their periods more bearable.

Where the fuck are all the feminists on this board? They should be coming out en masse to call you guys all chauvinists for assuming a girl is on birth control for YOUR benefit.

Fuck.

p.s. I"ve skimmed a lot of the long livejournal posts lately so if she specifically told you she is taking birth control just for you or because you guys had an oops a couple weeks ago, I"ll gladly eat some crow. But seriously...girls take birth control for more reasons than just to assist in not getting pregnant.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Just don"t talk about it. I have the exact same situation with my own family on one side. They"re big believers, I"m not. Yeah, I can be smug and state my opinion, content in my own superiority, but why? I just smile, shrug things off and avoid any topics that I can"t deflect.

Usually a non-commital, "yeah, I"m figuring things out" will get people to leave you alone.

Here you go

jungle_crow.jpg

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
To recap, she had not been on birth control for at least the past 6 months because she was avoiding relationships and guys in general due to several bad relationships in a row and because she didn"t like how it affected her moods and weight.

So yeah, go find some crow!

*edit* damn, that was quick

Jabberwhacky_foh

shitlord
Eyashusa said:
Women take birth control for reasons other than to not get pregnant. I knew plenty of non-sexually active girls in college who took it because it made their periods more bearable.

Where the fuck are all the feminists on this board? They should be coming out en masse to call you guys all chauvinists for assuming a girl is on birth control for YOUR benefit.

Fuck.

p.s. I"ve skimmed a lot of the long livejournal posts lately so if she specifically told you she is taking birth control just for you or because you guys had an oops a couple weeks ago, I"ll gladly eat some crow. But seriously...girls take birth control for more reasons than just to assist in not getting pregnant.
That"s what I was thinking when I asked why she was not on it. You also forgot to mention that taking birth control reduces the chances bears will be attracted to the period blood.

There"s also a lot of different kinds of BC. You can min/max the shit out of them. My girlfriend had one kind that made her really horny but also really bitchy, and another kind that killed her sex drive but made her her normal self. I of course opted for the latter because half of an hour of good fucking is not worth 23.5 hours of YAP YAPYAP YAP YAPYPAYPAYP AYPAYP AYP. Plus I"m a faggot.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Jabberwhacky said:
half of an hour of good fucking is not worth 23.5 hours of YAP YAPYAP YAP YAPYPAYPAYP AYPAYP AYP. Plus I"m a faggot.
Guess that makes me a homo too.

I"m actually kind of curious about it too, kind of virgin territory for me. Should be interesting if we get to that point. It was funny, when she was over last night she was just kind of absent mindedly tinkering with stuff on my book shelf (there"s a shelf with random knicknacks etc on it) and the sleeve for the God Delusion was sitting there, open but face down so you could just see the liner notes or whatever the fuck they"re called (I lent the book to a friend, who will probably destroy the book anyway, but I figured I"d save the sleeve). She actually picked it up and stood it up, but still with the giant, mirrored silver GOD DELUSION title facing away. I was watching this going "oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck not what this evening needs at all right now, not at all."
If you care about her, you can allow her to live with the knowledge of whatever comforts her most. My wife is super-Christian, and I am Buddhist and don"t believe in the existence of God like she does, and it has gotten sticky sometimes. But you just learn to avoid it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I"m a Christian who has strong beliefs in his faith, the girl I"m with now isn"t and leans more towards nothing really. She"s a spiritual person but is struggling to find something to believe in as far as faith goes. I think shes leaning towards Wicca I think.

It"s been a non issue for us so far and I don"t see it being one later. It only really becomes a problem if you let it. We"ve both told one another we will believe what we want and neither of us can really control what the other things so why get uppity about it.

It"s been a good arrangement really.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Tarrant220 said:
I"m a Christian who has strong beliefs in his faith, the girl I"m with now isn"t and leans more towards nothing really. She"s a spiritual person but is struggling to find something to believe in as far as faith goes. I think shes leaning towards Wicca I think.

It"s been a non issue for us so far and I don"t see it being one later. It only really becomes a problem if you let it. We"ve both told one another we will believe what we want and neither of us can really control what the other things so why get uppity about it.

It"s been a good arrangement really.
Totally agree. My girlfriend believes in god but isn"t very religious. We talk about things, it"s all about mutual respect and not insulting the other person and being mature, and yes sometimes biting your tongue!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
aychamo_aycono said:
Totally agree. My girlfriend believes in god but isn"t very religious. We talk about things, it"s all about mutual respect and not insulting the other person and being mature, and yes sometimes biting your tongue!
Well like I said, it"s one thing if a lady friend goes to church and is involved in the community aspects of it with her family and congregation. That I don"t have a problem with.

But what if they were fundamentalist? Like, hate gays, don"t believe in evolution, that kind of thing? I wouldn"t be able to stick around. I"m not saying that my woman is like that, I know for a fact that she has several gay friends and she doesn"t seem to be fundamentalist at all. Just saying, that would be kind of fucked up.