Girls who broke your heart thread

kollos_foh

shitlord
wrong. women don"t think like men do. they"re more than willing to overlook appearances if you come off as a nice, confident, smart, entertaining guy.
i think your negative mindset is your real problem.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
kollos said:
wrong. women don"t think like men do. they"re more than willing to overlook appearances if you come off as a nice, confident, smart, entertaining guy.
My negative mind set isn"t negative, it"s realistic and I don"t let it show through when talking to most anyone. I don"t think I"m ugly, but again, I"m realistic. I am more inclined to let that pretense go here because it"s an internet forum and I don"t really care.

The fact you think women don"t look at outward appearances and automatically judge is downright silly.

Vatoreus said:
For the people who consider kids a strike. I can completely understand it and I don"t think less of you, it"s just I can understand how it would suck to have that considered against you. I do however think that it"s a much bigger problem for single mothers rather than single fathers, as women are MUCH more inclined to love a kid no matter what and see them as a ton of fun. That"s been my experience at least, I"ve only run into one chick that I talked to that said she wasn"t interested because I had a kid.

So, no, I don"t think less of you guys who don"t want to deal with it, because I honestly wouldn"t want to either, which kinda sucks to say, but I also don"t expect any women to deal with my kid and don"t blame them for kindly telling me no thanks because of it. I mostly worry about my ex and hope she doesn"t have too difficult of a time finding happiness.
I agree, I can understand why some aren"t into it for the variety of reasons that they give. I acknowledge that most single parents put their kids to much into relationships which is really what kills them and if you experience that enough I can more then see why you have the outlook you may have. It"s the parents that can"t see that their kids lives and their personal lives are two different things are the ones that fuck themselves over and this is where the problem is I think most of the time so I don"t blame anyone either for being wary of kids.

Tarrant220 said:
My negative mind set isn"t negative, it"s realistic and I don"t let it show through when talking to most anyone. I don"t think I"m ugly, but again, I"m realistic. I am more inclined to let that pretense go here because it"s an internet forum and I don"t really care.

The fact you think women don"t look at outward appearances and automatically judge is downright silly.
No man, he really does have a huge point. Women are INFINITELY more forgiving of apperance than men are and are much more willing to let personality shine through. This holds for the majority of women, but it is true there are a lot that hold appearance very highly. Take what you THINK you are capable of attracting and go about 2-3 levels higher and continue trying. Just shoot for it man, don"t let yourself get hung up on "realistic thoughts" because that shit doesn"t pay off in the end. Take your chances and let it ride. Confidence is the #1 thing women are attracted to.

kollos_foh

shitlord
i"m not saying they don"t. but if you don"t have the looks, you can"t expect decent women to walk up to you out of nowhere. you"ll have to go out and meet them. a positive bodylanguage, eye contact and smiles will do wonders when approaching women.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I know, and when I was sending out messages I did just that, went a few notches above what I thought I could get and even went for the out of my league women.

After a few "I don"t date ugly guys" and "ewww um no"s" I said fuck it and went back to the few notches above what I figured I could get. (yea that really did happen)

-shrugs-

I"m content seeing what works with this girl I"m talking to now and honestly I"m working 7 days right now and don"t have time for much more then that anyways.

Agian, I sound negative and with low self confidence, my room mate was convinced of this too until we went out for dinner the other night and he saw how I interacted with women and was totally blown away. I"m not talking myself up but I know what to say, when to say it and how to say it when in a conversation. I"m more then capable of not showing it so it"s not an issue really.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
kollos said:
This.

I have a friend who is like 400 pounds, but is the most charismatic mother fucker ever. Dude gets mad amounts of vagina.

Edit**

Just wanted to add something here. Probably like 2 years ago my self confidence was real low. I had just got done vegging out on WoW. I thought my social skills were horrid, I felt like I was a fat bastard, and I though I was ugly lulz. I mean I could talk to girls, but it just went no where, and I"m in college. I started hitting the gym. I started losing weight and putting on some muscle, but more importantly it just made me feel better about myself. It gave me the confidence I needed. I mean I"m no Aychamo or anything, but now it"s me turning the chicks down, not the other way around.

Switch your game up is what I"m trying to say. If you aren"t confident with yourself, change yourself. Make yourself happy... or don"t and be unhappy, it"s all in YOUR head.

kollos_foh

shitlord
Tarrant220 said:
Yeah I know, and when I was sending out messages I did just that, went a few notches above what I thought I could get and even went for the out of my league women.

After a few "I don"t date ugly guys" and "ewww um no"s" I said fuck it and went back to the few notches above what I figured I could get. (yea that really did happen)

-shrugs-

I"m content seeing what works with this girl I"m talking to now and honestly I"m working 7 days right now and don"t have time for much more then that anyways.

Agian, I sound negative and with low self confidence, my room mate was convinced of this too until we went out for dinner the other night and he saw how I interacted with women and was totally blown away. I"m not talking myself up but I know what to say, when to say it and how to say it when in a conversation. I"m more then capable of not showing it so it"s not an issue really.
i don"t know what you are like in real life. but so far in this thread i don"t remember any posts from you where you didn"t complain about your looks.
if you"re saying you"re good at interacting with women irl, then you should do that. you"ll have get a much better chance at impressing a women with your personality outside then online.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
kollos said:
i don"t know what you are like in real life. but so far in this thread i don"t remember any posts from you where you didn"t complain about your looks.
if you"re saying you"re good at interacting with women irl, then you should do that. you"ll have get a much better chance at impressing a women with your personality outside then online.
Again I"m not complaining, I"ve fine with the way I look. I fail to see why someone can acknowledge they aren"t a model or a great looking person without it meaning they are complaining or down on themselves. I"m confident with how I look but I also know I"m not THAT great looking when compared to society standards.

Not sure why this concept is such a hard one to grasp really.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
PigBenis said:
This.

I have a friend who is like 400 pounds, but is the most charismatic mother fucker ever. Dude gets mad amounts of vagina.

Edit**

Just wanted to add something here. Probably like 2 years ago my self confidence was real low. I had just got done vegging out on WoW. I thought my social skills were horrid, I felt like I was a fat bastard, and I though I was ugly lulz. I mean I could talk to girls, but it just went no where, and I"m in college. I started hitting the gym. I started losing weight and putting on some muscle, but more importantly it just made me feel better about myself. It gave me the confidence I needed. I mean I"m no Aychamo or anything, but now it"s me turning the chicks down, not the other way around.

Switch your game up is what I"m trying to say. If you aren"t confident with yourself, change yourself. Make yourself happy... or don"t and be unhappy, it"s all in YOUR head.
To the edited part of your post I was the same way and I did the same thing. I dropped 35 pounds and felt totally renewed. I took time off and after the new year I"m going to be hitting it hard again to reach the goal I set up awhile back.

Wurstsalat_foh

shitlord
Vatoreus said:
No man, he really does have a huge point. Women are INFINITELY more forgiving of apperance than men are and are much more willing to let personality shine through. This holds for the majority of women, but it is true there are a lot that hold appearance very highly. Take what you THINK you are capable of attracting and go about 2-3 levels higher and continue trying. Just shoot for it man, don"t let yourself get hung up on "realistic thoughts" because that shit doesn"t pay off in the end. Take your chances and let it ride. Confidence is the #1 thing women are attracted to.
He got it right. Contrary to us, woman are mostly no superficial assholes .

Self confidence > all.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think the confident / macho thing only works for hitting on girls in real life. It doesn"t really carry over to the internet as well because girls aren"t dumb they know its a shitload easier to sound confident when you can rehearse sending your email and when you"re not in their presence.

When it comes to internet dating I think its a lot harder for a 4 to score an 8+ than it is in real life. If you agree with the MM then being attractive simply puts you at a +1 DHV spike. No girl will give you their number based upon 1 DHV so you have to keep piling it on. However if you"re ugly you"ll be at a 0 DHV and often times they won"t even take the time to read the email. Hot girls get hit on all the time over the internet -- they can be a lot more picky than in real life.

If you really want to meet a girl here is the magic pickup line:

-Make eye contact
-Walk up with confidence (ie: maintain eye contact, shoulders up and slightly back, swagger a bit) and a shit-eating smile
-Say "Hi"

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
kollos said:
I have to echo this. If you do better face to face then stick with that. I mean I"m in a similar boat, I know I"m not USDA, Grade A meat but I say fuck it and talk to whoever I want no matter if she does "think" she"s a few notches above me. I might not be banging 10"s nightly but I know I"ve laid pipe with some women who wouldn"t of had anything to do with me if all I had to work with was a picture and a paragraph.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Damn I need some date ideas for tonight. I"m taking out that #3 I mentioned earlier. Picking up around 7-7:30. She wants to see Yes Man, which I know isn"t a very original idea. I"m considering if I should do the smores tonight or wait till we have a whole night at my place before I break those out. It might be awkward to try to get her to my place tonight since we have movie plans. Maybe I could bring her by buff wild wings for a quick bite and drink. Any clever thoughts?