Girls who broke your heart thread

Snugglebear_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
lol, fuck y"all, all y"all.

Short version: we went to the hockey game last night, all went well during the game and getting back to my place, she pretty much sexually assaulted me (I was planning on taking Aychamo"s advice and not getting physical at all), but then things took a strange turn after that as she declared that maybe things weren"t going to work because she still thinks I only want her for her looks, she hates doing the Molson/Coors thing because everyone just thinks she"s eye candy and nothing more, she can"t trust anyone, she thinks I was parading her around for my friends, that I"m arrogant and overconfident, but that she thinks I"m great and awesome and she wants to take things slow, and so on and so forth. I asked her if she thought the "essay" was creepy, she said no that she appreciated it because she WAS pretty pissed off at me for not being a good listener when she opened up, but that she still doesn"t believe me that I CAN be a good listener and so on. Also her parents are asking her a ton of questions about who she is seeing and why she isn"t just giving in to their wishes to hitch up with some dude from her church that they"ve picked out etc etc.

In short, I have no fucking idea what is happening here.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Yesterday was interesting, to say the least. So I was playing hockey at around noon, and the plan was to meet up with her around 5pm and head to the hockey game. It being a beautiful day yesterday (funny how 7C is beautiful in January, but it was), myself and half a dozen guys from the team were tailgating it in the parking lot having a few brews, smokes and j"s. She calls me at 2:30, said she was downtown doing something else but she"d be heading over in a few minutes if that"s cool. I tell her I"m omw down but will probably be 45 minutes or so. I finish up with the boys and head downtown, meet her at the front door stinking of smokes, weed, Pilsner, and sweat (was planning on showering when I got home and not at the arena cause it"s filthy). Awesome.

So I set her up on the couch with the TV while I take a shower. As I"m doing that I get a call from some buds who are a block away grabbing a beer and burgers, a couple are also going to the game. I ask her if she"s down with that, and she says yeah. So I shower up and we head down there. All goes well, my friends are good people and know damn well my lack of dating success so they don"t pull any bullshit on me. We all part our ways and head to the hockey game. One of the guys on my team sold me a brand new, replica Hemsky jersey, so I was gonna wear that and offered her my other one. I joked that we"d look goofy with our matching jersey"s, but she tried it on, declared that it was cute and took it with her.

But when we got to the game the guy beside us also had the exact same jersey, so she decided to take it off, and all she was wearing was this tiny little Oilers t-shirt. And she is constantly brushing her hair back, sticking her chest out, and pulling the shirt down. And not just in an flirty, inconspicuous way, but in a joking, "can you resist staring at my chest" game kind of way. We were joking back and forth about it, and I mentioned that pretty much every one in the section except for me was looking at her tits and she was just laughing along with it. My self control was impressive, I maintained eye contact pretty much the entire game, she was actually getting kind of pissed.

So yeah, the game went fine, we had a good time joking around. She got fairly drunk by the end of the game, and was getting extremely flirtatious by the end. At one point, I can"t remember what exactly I said, she responded "yeah but it"ll be fine after a good sexxing." I damn near tripped and fell over, and so did an older couple beside us that overheard it.

So we get back to my place, and she goes to the bathroom. While she does that I flip on some music, and head in to my bathroom to take a leak. As I walk out the door of my bathroom she pretty much tackles me and sexually assaults me. I didn"t put up much of a fight, I freely admit, but I honestly was going to try to stay away from the physical stuff given what had transpired the last time.

So afterwards all of the sudden she says something along the lines of "this isn"t working". We spend about 30-45 minutes talking back and forth about us, her issues, her issues with me, so on and so forth. She"s still convinced that I"m only after her because of her looks, that she thinks I paraded her around to show off to my friends, she"s pissed that I mentioned to them before that she was a Molson/Coor"s girl sometimes (what the fuck did I know about her other than her name and a couple trivial facts such as what she does?) even though she repeatedly while having beers brought up stories about her experiences doing that, she"s quite pissed about me being a jackass when she opened up last time, she thinks everyone just judges her on her looks and not much else, she hates doing the Molson/Coor"s thing because of that, her parents are pressuring her to get married and crank out babies and they"ve picked some dude at her church to try to set her up with, they"re asking lots of questions about who she"s been seeing and gave her flowers, she thinks I can be overconfident and arrogant and that when she first met me she just thought I was a ski bum and that now I"m trying to show off to her with the nice place and car and hockey tickets and company and so on and so forth and that none of that shit matters to her and she"d be happy with the right person even if he lived in a shack, but that she does really like me and thinks I"m awesome and that she wants to keep seeing me but needs to take it slow and needs to build trust and so on and so forth.

She specifically said that she doesn"t want to hurt me, that she probably will run away or get scared off at some point and that she doesn"t want that to happen. I just said the she was going to have to learn to trust me, that no one and no relationship was ever going to be perfect, that I wasn"t worried about getting hurt whether things went for a month or 6 or whatever that I was more than willing to see where things went, even if they eventually didn"t work out, and that she"d be making a big mistake to just drop me without seeing if things could work, because I"m so awesome etc. She said a couple things about her being a trainwreck and that I shouldn"t bother with her because of that, and so on.

But seriously, I don"t know if last night ended on a good note or a bad note. Things had gone so well up till the end there, then things went way the fuck off the rails for awhile there, but by the time she was leaving she"d kind of gotten herself back together and was smiling and saying she"d call me later this week.

I think I"m going to go gay. It"s probably much simpler blowing dudes in truck stop bathrooms. It"s funny because when I first met her she seemed to be the low maintenance, no drama type. After last night, holy fuck was I mistaken.
Eomer dude, you obviously fucked up. Mystery told me to treat a woman like shit. After you had sex you should"ve thrown her out the door, then not return her calls for a week. Remember she"s in your reality!

PS: Standard beautiful girl bawhawhaw-ing?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Something hit me like a ton of bricks while I was trying to count baseboard zone valves... back at my place she made a comment along the lines of "did you notice me do anything on the train ride?" and I was like "what, no, why?" And she mentioned that she had got birth control and had popped a pill, and thought she was all sneaky cause I hadn"t noticed even though she did it right in front of me.

So I have a feeling a lot of the emotionality that happened last night was due at least in part to her getting in to a cycle of BC and it fucking with her hormones.

Tarrant220 said:
Damn man, so are you gonna try to work through it or are you gonan say fuck it. Most here will tell you to leave her, lol, but what do you think?
I told her that I wanted to stick it out and see where it goes, and I genuinely do. As I said, maybe it"ll only last a month, maybe it will last until she leaves for Australia next August and we call it off then, maybe we"re engaged by August I don"t fucking know, but I want to find out.

Grobbee said:
[Edit] I say go for it. If you two don"t work out, it"ll hurt, and you"ll hate yourself and maybe her, but you"ll be better for it!
Nah, I won"t hate myself or her. I tend to be pretty circumspect when it comes to romance and relationships. That"s not to say I won"t be broken up about it if things do go south after awhile, but unless she does something pretty evil I won"t end up hating her. I"m on good terms with all my ex-girlfriends, as limited as the selection is. I see several regularly and consider them good friends, and one of them a great friend.

It"s a test. Here is your moment to pass and win her over indefinitely, or fail and start looking for another woman.
What specifically was a test? Her jumping me? Or the emotional free for all that followed? I don"t think she was consciously, intentionally testing me, I think she just literally lost control of her shit.

Ginn_foh

shitlord
Ok this seems like a good place for advice. I"m trying to hook up with a girl I met on Match.com. Everything going good, she asks me out for coffee, I agree, she fucking cancels on me. No big deal, from the few talks we"ve had she sounds super busy, 14 hour work days, and she"s on search and rescue.

So we plan to go to dinner, she cancels, she got sick at work had to go home early tries to postpone for one more night. Last night its rolling around the time we agreed on, I text her asking if we"re still on. She never replies. So here are the possibilities. Shes trying to give me a hint to back off, she was actually sick and probably sleeping still...

I still haven"t heard from her today, I don"t know if she"s working or not, but my question is, should I keep pursuing? And I"m also wondering if I should contact her incase she feels guilty about ignoring my text?

Seriously I"m not sure where I should go with this one!

I know many of you wouldn"t put this kind of effort into a girl, but hell go to PoF and Okcupid and look at the 23-33 age group in the 81501 area you"ll understand...

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I"d say she"s either had legitimate stuff come up, and she"ll get in touch when it works for her, or she"s changed her mind. Either way, no point in pursuing her further. If she"s interested, she"ll find you.

Zeste_foh

shitlord
Dear Eomer,

If she wasn"t a super hottie, would you put up with her being batshit insane?

Of course not.

So, maybe she"s *sorta* right in saying you date her for her looks.

Also - dude she sounds like a fucking trainwreck and horrible pain in the ass, I hope her looks are good enough reward to ignore the rest of it.

Eomer said:
What specifically was a test? Her jumping me? Or the emotional free for all that followed? I don"t think she was consciously, intentionally testing me, I think she just literally lost control of her shit.
Subconsciously. Whenever a girl admits to you that she"ll run away, or that she"ll try to sabotage the relationship, she"s wanting you to save it. To endure. To be the white knight she needs.

A lot of her problems are probably derived from the conflict she feels between doing what"s expected of her and doing what feels best for her (probably contradictory things). She sounds like she"s a pretty typical person, everyone has problems. She just needs some sort of anchor or permanent fixture in her life with which she can center herself and return to when things get too stormy.

She"s looking for you to be that rock. She needs to know that you won"t be too flippant, crass or apathetic when she confides in you. That"s a hard hurdle to jump, too, because as a man, you probably first think "Why is she taking this so seriously?" or "It"s not really THAT important..." and you are probably right. But perception is reality for some, and women especially need to know they"re being heard and felt.

Regime_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
I"d say she"s either had legitimate stuff come up, and she"ll get in touch when it works for her, or she"s changed her mind. Either way, no point in pursuing her further. If she"s interested, she"ll find you.
Dude take it from someone that has dated mentally instable girls, take your own advice right here and read Zeste post.

Jabberwhacky_foh

shitlord
GrobbeeTrull2.0 said:
It"s a test. Here is your moment to pass and win her over indefinitely, or fail and start looking for another woman.

If you want her, truly want her, then you have to endure. Stow away the ego, stow away the machismo, and just enjoy it. Put your hormones on the back-burner, get a 2 month subscription to RealityKings.com and enjoy her as a person. Women are a hassle. But they"re worth it if you find the right one.

[Edit] I say go for it. If you two don"t work out, it"ll hurt, and you"ll hate yourself and maybe her, but you"ll be better for it!
You, Me and Dupree has been on TV recently and I had forgotten how absolutely retarded Seth Rogen"s character is in it. And then I come here and you give the advice that would lead to just that kind of person. Funny.

Here"s a clue: women worth your time are NOT a hassle. Eomer, you really think that her complete lack of self-confidence, her inability to believe what you say, her stereotypical "woman" double-speak (saying she wants to take things slow after fucking you) and her parental over-involvement (and their desire for a son-in-law) is going to get BETTER as time goes on?

Relationships don"t start shitty and end well. Why on earth you"d want to spend your time trying to fix a relationship that hasn"t even begun is beyond me. Aren"t you in your 20"s? Don"t you have a pretty sweet job, and a pretty sweet apartment? You"re Canadian, so that"s one strike, but still, you"ve got a lot other stuff going for you; you don"t need to "settle" already.

Edit: Zeste and Regime said it while I was typing ><

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
GrobbeeTrull2.0 said:

If you want her, truly want her, then you have to endure. Stow away the ego, stow away the machismo, be willing to have sex with another guy for her and just enjoy it. Put your hormones on the back-burner, get a 2 month subscription to RealityKings.com and enjoy her as a person. Women are a hassle. But they"re worth it if you find the right one.
Yeah, I added what you left out but were obviously thinking.

Ginn_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
Why would *you* contact her, if *she* feels guilty?!

Don"t do anything, if she never contacts you, forget her, imo.
Well I hope it works out, but classes start tomorrow and college is a much better place than the internet to pick up girls it seems.

I find it funny most guys are absolutely opposed to talking about feelings/emotions openly IRL, but throw us all on a forum and we"ll pour our god damn hearts out.

<3 you guys.

Zeste_foh

shitlord
Jabberwhacky said:
Here"s a clue: women worth your time are NOT a hassle. Eomer, you really think that her complete lack of self-confidence, her inability to believe what you say, her stereotypical "woman" double-speak (saying she wants to take things slow after fucking you) and her parental over-involvement (and their desire for a son-in-law) is going to get BETTER as time goes on?

Words to live by.

I mean, if you"re having fun and she"s super hot, stick it out a few weeks. But just realize that you"re dating a person who NEEDS to FEED off people, and as soon as you start to run dry, another dude will come along and you"ll just be cast aside.

The shit you described during your date and hockey game and post-game fuck? That"s the process women like that use toharvest approvaland validation from men. Sad part is, you CAN"T keep up and will eventually get frustrated at being her food-husk for approval, and either she"ll jump ship to a new man when you"ve become too irritated, or you"ll just get fed up and ditch her.

I"m not trying to criticize you, quite the opposite. Just be aware and vigilant.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Eomer, set an internal time clock. Don"t say anything about it, but give yourself a set amount of time to see if things improve. Make it whatever you want but I wouldn"t make it past the beginning of Summer so if it does last that long and you do break things off, she"ll have time to get over it before her trip. Whatever you do, don"t let her go on the trip with questions about where you guys stand.

Ultimately, you have to do what you feel is right. Personally speaking, I married into a certain amount of crazy and as long as you can weather the storms and don"t let the crazy rule the relationship, things will be fine.

PS> Was she on BC before? If not, she"s taking it because of you and that"s pretty significant if you ask me.

To counter some of these guys:

If you wait around for a woman who doesn"t have issues, you"ll be waiting a long time. Most people who grow up in this world turn out to be mentally unstable, or have some sort of demons lurking.

You yourself know that good results come from hard work, why wouldn"t it be any different in relationships and people? Sometimes people just need a reason to get better, and you could be that reason.

Relationships don"t start shitty and end well. Why on earth you"d want to spend your time trying to fix a relationship that hasn"t even begun is beyond me. Aren"t you in your 20"s? Don"t you have a pretty sweet job, and a pretty sweet apartment? You"re Canadian, so that"s one strike, but still, you"ve got a lot other stuff going for you; you don"t need to "settle" already.
Yes they do. They may not for you, but they do. Why wouldn"t Eomer want to settle? It seems that he"s got every thing else he wants in life, why not go for the trifecta?

No one is absolutely free of bullshit issues. It"s just how much you"re willing to foregive and forego.

@Ancient: You free this weekend?

bofa_sl

shitlord
long time reader..finally got access to post today!

First off...PoF divorce opener works, threw at least 10 out there...8 of them loved it...3 of them wanted to go out and meet, but I never sealed the deal...ah well.

My current dilemma (bear with me here)...3 years ago I meet this server at friendly"s in NJ. We hit it off, ask her out, she agrees, month later we"re dating. I happen to be her first everything, kiss, sex, bf, I mean everything. Two years we"re still dating, I move to South Carolina for work and try the whole long distance thing. Turns out it"s actually hard as shit without having the "physical" connection with the person being there... and I call it off.

Fast forward to today, we still talk every night, drop the "I love you"s", she has a year left of school in NJ before she want"s to head to grad school in Charleston. I"ve made it pretty damn clear that we"re not boyfriend and girlfriend, shes fine with that just as long as we"re "sort of" together. I"m 23, shes 20 and by no means am I looking for a wife this young, so I go out and have a good time. We"ll this past Saturday I go out with a bunch of friends and end up hooking up with a 37 year old, no sex, she just came back to my house and we fooled around.

Today... I feel like a piece of shit, shes under the impression we"re still sort of together, I still love this girl, know I will never find anyone like her again, yet I go and do something stupid like I did Sat. Now my question is...should I tell her? I could continue this route till she moves down next year and feel like shit if I ever hook up with another chick again or tell her, get it off my chest and probably lose her. Sorry for the long post, most my friends here think it"s no big deal and wouldn"t tell..but coming from a family where my dad left my mom, I don"t want this to be a habitual thing. Sorry for the long post, thanks for the read, and any advice.
No tits here, but here"s what I"m dealing with.

Divinefactor_foh

shitlord
Just to clarify, if you are looking for an actual relationship, and not just to bang out a few beezies, the divorce opening is awful.

Will it get you laid? Sure. If thats your only goal, go for it copy pasta it to everyone that has a decent enough picture in your area on every site.

The simple fact that you came here, said you were getting torn up after using a line and requesting help, then getting all pissy when I actually tried to help... who knows.

Burning down the one night stands hasn"t been all that difficult thanks to TMM and just putting myself out there, but converting those into a meaningful relationship hasnt worked out. I dont know if its the game, the women, or me. And from what I have seen of the community, their interest lies in just getting the next lay.

As much as they talk about game and congruence and becoming the person you say you are, I feel the community they have built around them is only looking for hookups. Nothing wrong with that, but if thats not what you are looking for, some of their advice just wont work.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Absolutely under no circumstances do you ever... EVER... spill that shit. It"s been 10 years and my wife still doesn"t know about the chick I came within a missing condom of fucking back when we were engaged. Yeah, I felt guilty (and still do to some extent), but it"s not even close to the heartache I would have gotten if I had said anything.

If you have to do anything, write her a letter and then burn it when you"re done.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
bofa said:
long time reader..finally got access to post today!

First off...PoF divorce opener works, threw at least 10 out there...8 of them loved it...3 of them wanted to go out and meet, but I never sealed the deal...ah well.

My current dilemma (bear with me here)...3 years ago I meet this server at friendly"s in NJ. We hit it off, ask her out, she agrees, month later we"re dating. I happen to be her first everything, kiss, sex, bf, I mean everything. Two years we"re still dating, I move to South Carolina for work and try the whole long distance thing. Turns out it"s actually hard as shit without having the "physical" connection with the person being there... and I call it off.

Fast forward to today, we still talk every night, drop the "I love you"s", she has a year left of school in NJ before she want"s to head to grad school in Charleston. I"ve made it pretty damn clear that we"re not boyfriend and girlfriend, shes fine with that just as long as we"re "sort of" together. I"m 23, shes 20 and by no means am I looking for a wife this young, so I go out and have a good time. We"ll this past Saturday I go out with a bunch of friends and end up hooking up with a 37 year old, no sex, she just came back to my house and we fooled around.

Today... I feel like a piece of shit, shes under the impression we"re still sort of together, I still love this girl, know I will never find anyone like her again, yet I go and do something stupid like I did Sat. Now my question is...should I tell her? I could continue this route till she moves down next year and feel like shit if I ever hook up with another chick again or tell her, get it off my chest and probably lose her. Sorry for the long post, most my friends here think it"s no big deal and wouldn"t tell..but coming from a family where my dad left my mom, I don"t want this to be a habitual thing. Sorry for the long post, thanks for the read, and any advice.
No tits here, but here"s what I"m dealing with.
She"s cute, you probably can"t do better. Take the plunge.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Eomer said:
lol, fuck y"all, all y"all.

Short version: we went to the hockey game last night, all went well during the game and getting back to my place, she pretty much sexually assaulted me (I was planning on taking Aychamo"s advice and not getting physical at all), but then things took a strange turn after that as she declared that maybe things weren"t going to work because she still thinks I only want her for her looks, she hates doing the Molson/Coors thing because everyone just thinks she"s eye candy and nothing more, she can"t trust anyone, she thinks I was parading her around for my friends, that I"m arrogant and overconfident, but that she thinks I"m great and awesome and she wants to take things slow, and so on and so forth. I asked her if she thought the "essay" was creepy, she said no that she appreciated it because she WAS pretty pissed off at me for not being a good listener when she opened up, but that she still doesn"t believe me that I CAN be a good listener and so on. Also her parents are asking her a ton of questions about who she is seeing and why she isn"t just giving in to their wishes to hitch up with some dude from her church that they"ve picked out etc etc.
It sounds like she"s obsessed with herself. If a girl told me I only like her for her looks I"d say "Who said you were good looking? Probably just guys trying to get in your pants!"