Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Tarrant220 said:
Okay if 23 and 17 is a big deal, does your opinion of that go both ways? The guys 17 and the girls 23, now what, is it still wrong?

I"m venturing the general consensus will be no, thus in my opinion it"s fine the there way around as well.

Exceptions do apply per case by case basis of course.
I never said "wrong". I"m not judging you! Just saying I don"t see any potential for a lasting relationship.

And I think that a woman at 23 with a dude at 17 would be even more fucked up, relationship wise. Again because of the relative levels of maturity. There"s a reason men in relationships are typically the older one, if there"s a significant difference in age.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Guy young, girl old isn"t really any different. When I was 18, I dated a 22 year old for awhile, but it was just a major culture clash. She had a job and responsibilities and shit and a mortgage to pay, and i had a job I didn"t give a shit about and I fucked off a lot. It"s like we were living in completely different worlds.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I"m just saying that on average, a guy and a girl at the same age will have different maturity levels, and it"s typically the girl who is more mature. Statistically women get married a couple years earlier than guys as well.

It"s science!

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Eomer said:
I"m just saying that on average, a guy and a girl at the same age will have different maturity levels, and it"s typically the girl who is more mature. Statistically women get married a couple years earlier than guys as well.

It"s science!
You know, I completely agree with you. But, for some reason, I always end up extremely attracted to a woman a couple of years older than me. Perhaps its because in my mind I make them out to be more powerful of a woman. I don"t know. My current GF is 2 years older than I am. Same age difference as another girl I dated a while back. I don"t know why but I like it

aychamo_aycono said:
You know, I completely agree with you. But, for some reason, I always end up extremely attracted to a woman a couple of years older than me. Perhaps its because in my mind I make them out to be more powerful of a woman. I don"t know. My current GF is 2 years older than I am. Same age difference as another girl I dated a while back. I don"t know why but I like it
Maybe you"re more mature in relationships than women your age?

lol.

I was dating a 24 year old girl when I was 18. She didnt have any kids or any baggage either.

I think it comes down to maturity other than age. Age is just a number. It can be an important number if the girl is under age, but other than like 18+ it doesnt matter.

Black_Death_foh

shitlord
I dated an 18 year old for a couple months when I was 25 and I wouldn"t recommend it. Setting aside the obvious benefits, and they were very nice, the maturity difference was way too much to overcome. Not being able to take someone into a bar for a few drinks (legally) was a huge problem for me as well.

Set your bottom to be 21 or so and you will be fine. You have to give the girls time to grow out of the sloppy, nasty, drunk, slutty phase that they get into when they are freshmen.

Since we are on the subject, I also dated a 27 year old when I was 24 and it was better so I can definitely see the draw of an older woman (in fact my wife is a year older than I am). The older women know what they want, know how to get it, and don"t obsess over the small shit.

Mazim_foh

shitlord
Anybody who thinks they are magically going to change between the ages of 17ish and death is retarded. Age is just a number and really plays no role in anything. I"m the exact person I was at 16, only difference is I have different/more responsiblities now.

Fazin_foh

shitlord
Mazim said:
Anybody who thinks they are magically going to change between the ages of 17ish and death is retarded. Age is just a number and really plays no role in anything. I"m the exact person I was at 16, only difference is I have different/more responsiblities now.
What?

I"m guessing you"re 17.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Mazim said:
That is very sad if you are the same person you were when you were 16, unless you"re still only like 18. I look at the person I was even when I was 21-22 and it makes me want to vomit.

Xerrot_foh

shitlord
Now way that"s possible. I"m 19 and believe me that I feel I"m more mature and have more responsibilities than when I was 17 and even 18. I"m half way through university and it"s like there"s no time to fuck up, this thing will decide whatever I will be doing for the rest of my life. That puts a lot of perspective in your life that wasn"t there at all during HS and freshman year of uni.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Black_Death said:
Since we are on the subject, I also dated a 27 year old when I was 24 and it was better so I can definitely see the draw of an older woman (in fact my wife is a year older than I am). The older women know what they want, know how to get it, and don"t obsess over the small shit.
This is so true. I"m so used to dating batshit insane younger-than-me girls that sometimes I feel like the shit"s about to hit the fan if I slip and say something stupid (which I frequently do), but my older woman is chilled out and doesn"t freak out over small things. It"s *fantastic* because we can actually talk and discuss things. We"ve been together over a month now, hang out basically every day, and even had a nice little trip this weekend. Zero issues. Zero drama. Just a nice, mature relationship. It is honestly fantastic. (I"m not saying she"s perfect, etc, but I"m not perfect either, but we get along pretty damn well.)

Icognitogamer: I think you"re right. It does make me be more mature in this relationship with an older woman. Perhaps it helps me be the person I really am.

Mazim_foh

shitlord
aychamo_aycono said:
That is very sad if you are the same person you were when you were 16, unless you"re still only like 18. I look at the person I was even when I was 21-22 and it makes me want to vomit.
That says more about you than it does about me. I won"t bring up some of the things you have said you"ve done in the last year as your new more "mature" self.=P

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Mazim said:
That says more about you than it does about me. I won"t bring up some of the things you have said you"ve done in the last year as your new more "mature" self.=P
You should have seen the things I did 10 years ago

Kevincheese_foh

shitlord
Xerrot said:
Now way that"s possible. I"m 19 and believe me that I feel I"m more mature and have more responsibilities than when I was 17 and even 18. I"m half way through university and it"s like there"s no time to fuck up, this thing will decide whatever I will be doing for the rest of my life. That puts a lot of perspective in your life that wasn"t there at all during HS and freshman year of uni.
Haha, ok, whatever.

nu_11_foh

shitlord
I haven"t changed THAT much in 3 years when I was 18, other than gaining more confidence. I still think a lot similar as I used to, but that"s becaused I matured very fast at a young agem, which was fucking horrible and I don"t recommend it. I was once told I act like I"m 30yo a couple of months ago, but now I"m working on it damnit!