Girls who broke your heart thread

psu199_foh

shitlord
Brad... take it from someone who has done it and is doing it currently:

DO NOT DATE SOMEONE YOU HAVE TO MEET AT/THROUGH WORK!

You"ll be in nine hells if shit goes tits-up.
I agree this on some level, but at the same time you spend half of your waking hours at work, odds are you"re going to meet some women you have a connection with one way or another. So while maybe you shouldn"t actively seek this type of relationship out, if it happens don"t act like it"s some holy grail and it"s totally not allowed. My sister just got married to a guy she met through work, so ya never know!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There are a boatload of people at my current place that married people they met via work. I"ve dated coworkers in the past and it is always somewhat awkward if you break up on bitter terms. Well awkward for them, I personally find it somewhat hilarious.

But why are you trying to only pick up either strippers or work contacts, there have to be better places than that!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
hah, well, I hadn"t seen Xerxes since last weekend, nor had I really talked. I called her last night but she didn"t answer her phone, probably at work, left her a message and she called back and left me a message but it was too late to call her when I got home. So I texted her this morning to let her know that I was gonna be grabbing some drinks with friends tonight, and she was welcome to join us, otherwise I would like to take her up on the offer of going over to her place and having her make me dinner. She responded back, said cool, asked what I wanted to eat, and all seemed well.

Then bang, I get this (in several successive messages):

"Ok so I just have to come out and be honest... I wanted to talk in person but I know once I see you it"ll be too hard cuz I care so much about you. I need to explore me feelings for me ex. I need to follow my heart for the first time ever. I hope you don"t hate me cuz I have so much respect for you. This was the hardest thing I"ve ever done "

I just responded:

"I suspected it wasn"t just a slip of the tongue last week when you said something about it being easier if you had seen me and felt nothing so I can"t say I"m surprised, just disappointed. Like I said, you can"t control how you feel about stuff like this.

Does this mean no steak? "

Probably for the best, I couldn"t see it going anywhere with her, she was fun to hang out with one on one or with her friends in my building, but every time we"ve been out at a restaurant or bar I"ve found her to be really grating. But it"s funny how when someone shuts you down, suddenly they become that much more appealing!

edit:

Her: "haha I"d still love to have you over for steak but may not be the most appropriate thing cuz we have so much fun together. I dont wanna disrespect him either... plus I still feel too much for u to be platonic now."

Me: "So no steak for me or man steak for you hey? Again, I understand and wish you the best."

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Eomer said:
Probably for the best, I couldn"t see it going anywhere with her, she was fun to hang out with one on one or with her friends in my building, but every time we"ve been out at a restaurant or bar I"ve found her to be really grating.But it"s funny how when someone shuts you down, suddenly they become that much more appealing!
Remember that men and women are mostly the same biologically. It works both ways. This single sentence is the whole idea behind being scarce to a woman. I don"t say shit like "Don"t call her more than 3 times a week" because I"m a lazy fuck who hates talking to girls. No, the idea is to present yourself as a desirable target who has many people looking for your time. The reason you want her more now is because now it is viewed thatyou can"t have her. This works for females as well. Make her think she can"t have you. Take her down a peg. (protip: this is the idea behind negging) Don"t let her think your world revolves around her and her bullshit. Let her know you are willing to leave. I would personally argue women respond to this more than males. Try not responding to a girl"s email/text for a day or two then respond back -- works like a charm.

Windemere11_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
hah, well, I hadn"t seen Xerxes since last weekend, nor had I really talked. I called her last night but she didn"t answer her phone, probably at work, left her a message and she called back and left me a message but it was too late to call her when I got home. So I texted her this morning to let her know that I was gonna be grabbing some drinks with friends tonight, and she was welcome to join us, otherwise I would like to take her up on the offer of going over to her place and having her make me dinner. She responded back, said cool, asked what I wanted to eat, and all seemed well.

Then bang, I get this (in several successive messages):

"Ok so I just have to come out and be honest... I wanted to talk in person but I know once I see you it"ll be too hard cuz I care so much about you. I need to explore me feelings for me ex. I need to follow my heart for the first time ever. I hope you don"t hate me cuz I have so much respect for you. This was the hardest thing I"ve ever done "

I just responded:

"I suspected it wasn"t just a slip of the tongue last week when you said something about it being easier if you had seen me and felt nothing so I can"t say I"m surprised, just disappointed. Like I said, you can"t control how you feel about stuff like this.

Does this mean no steak? "

Probably for the best, I couldn"t see it going anywhere with her, she was fun to hang out with one on one or with her friends in my building, but every time we"ve been out at a restaurant or bar I"ve found her to be really grating. But it"s funny how when someone shuts you down, suddenly they become that much more appealing!

edit:

Her: "haha I"d still love to have you over for steak but may not be the most appropriate thing cuz we have so much fun together. I dont wanna disrespect him either... plus I still feel too much for u to be platonic now."

Me: "So no steak for me or man steak for you hey? Again, I understand and wish you the best."
Please please please please please, when she comes crawling back, do not take her... unless she brings her hot friend to bed with you or some other fantasy that you"ve had... if you let her come back to you after this bullshit you"ll be paying for it forever.

Brad2770

So, I paid attention to myself today while talking to those women. I brag a lot. I sounded like an idiot, so I am gunna watch that in the future.

The first set I talked to were VERy open about talking dirty in front of me. One woman kept talking about giving out "Coochie Coupons" to get people to show up for events at their job. The one I liked, I dont think she is interested. But the other one (Not my type, but had tits bigger than her head) kept brushing up against me and found a reason to sit next to me during the interview.

The second presentation, I stayed more quiet and dint "brag". it seemed to go quicker with not as much reaction from her. She was very cute. She was a ticker girl, but had it al in the right places. I really liked her ass and would surely stick it in her if given the chance.

... their personalities were ok too ;D

Two of them I had to reschedule for tomorrow.

By the way... WTF is a Coochie Coupon?

Snugglebear_foh

shitlord
Brad2770 said:
So, I paid attention to myself today while talking to those women. I brag a lot. I sounded like an idiot, so I am gunna watch that in the future.

The first set I talked to were VERy open about talking dirty in front of me. One woman kept talking about giving out "Coochie Coupons" to get people to show up for events at their job. The one I liked, I dont think she is interested. But the other one (Not my type, but had tits bigger than her head) kept brushing up against me and found a reason to sit next to me during the interview.

The second presentation, I stayed more quiet and dint "brag". it seemed to go quicker with not as much reaction from her. She was very cute. She was a ticker girl, but had it al in the right places. I really liked her ass and would surely stick it in her if given the chance.

... their personalities were ok too ;D

Two of them I had to reschedule for tomorrow.

By the way... WTF is a Coochie Coupon?
Coochie Coupon? Was this some big black sista talking? For fuck"s sake.

aychamo_aycono said:
I think I"m going to commit suicide tonight.
BUT AYCHAMO, YOUR LIFE IS SUNSHINE AND BUTTERFLIES AND FULL OF AWESOME. You fuck models, and live the perfect life, amirite?

Fuck you, drama queen. Because now people on this board will be forced to care about you, and Req will have to call the cops in your area.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
GrobbeeTrull2.0 said:
BUT AYCHAMO, YOUR LIFE IS SUNSHINE AND BUTTERFLIES AND FULL OF AWESOME. You fuck models, and live the perfect life, amirite?

Fuck you, drama queen. Because now people on this board will be forced to care about you, and Req will have to call the cops in your area.
i told u i was harccore.

I"m out guys. Peace.

GrobbeeTrull2.0 said:

oh come on, do you really have to rain on him constantly? Some of us just like him outside the bs. You"re just a big ol QQ bear b/c you aren"t King Poster.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Breaking up...

So how do you do it? I"ll be honest I"ve never broken up with a girl. Most of the time there was just a drop in communication overtime and we fade apart/stop talking entirely.

I"ve never been in a situation before with someone who was still clearly interested in me but I did not have the same feelings in return.

Cybergirl and I went "exclusive" a few weeks ago. I was sick with the flu/mono/something for the week leading up to valentine"s day, she had work on V Day anyway so we had our own little V Day thing during the following week. During the week where I was sick she went sorta nuts, calls asking "are we okay," insinutating that i was sick as an excuse to avoid her and she doubted she"d see me again. (I had said one day that we would hangout the following weekend to which she replied "I won"t hold my breath")

Since then it"s been weird. I do have a great time with her most of the time. She has a very similar F"ed up/perverse sense of humor. But sometimes it feels forced. She constantly feels the need to mention how amazing it is that we have all these inside jokes that no-one could understand.

Today was the big one though. Was chilling with her at her house from 11am-8pm. Spent the first hour or so kidding around, and she clearly was getting annoyed with my lack of interest in being intimate. So we have sex for a bit, and i take a nap afterwords while she decides to watch episodes of Leverage and Rescue Me that I showed her how to DL with torrents. I finally wake up around 7 after being in and out of sleep, and mention that I"m heading home soon. She gets all pissed off that she was waiting on me to go out for food or something.

The other big issue is she"s pro-weed. I know I constantly avow myself as a super stoner. (which I am) But there is a mature voice in my head at times telling me to take it easy and back off a bit on the pot a bit. The last girl I was with was strictly against it and it pushed me to take it easy on the weed. I"ve always heard that you should date people that make you a better person, and I fear dating another stoner is a step in the wrong direction for me.

The last girl I talked about in here, GamerGirl, sorta flipped out last week when I told her I was seeing someone. Since early December whenever we had hung out I considered it solely as friends, when I talked to her last week I came to find out her feelings were stronger than just friends and closer to my feelings for her. She mentioned stuff she thought had made her feelings clear over the past month or two and in retrospect I can see the signals. (I"m notorious for missing signals and hints from the opposite sex. This obliviousness actually led to me losing the love of my life back in college )

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Zeste said:
Eomer,

You"ve always seemed like the type of dude who is above that bullshit. IMO delete here from your life.
lol, with this girl I am, I"m just kind of using it as a learning and experimenting experience really. It"s hilarious, because she called me at 8 tonight, I ignored it, and she"s sent me two texts saying she tried to call but couldn"t leave a message (something to do with the Bluetooth in my car when I choose not to answer the call I would guess, good to know for the future) and that"s about it.

One second I think she"s genuine and telling the truth about this ex or whatever, next I"m wondering what the hell she is really up to. Makes for good stories anyway. The more of this bullshit she throws up though, the more tempted I am to NOT be the nice guy and actually lead her along just to get some play.