Girls who broke your heart thread

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Dabamf said:
lost: You are driving her car and find her cell phone proving she"s cheating on you. Under no circumstance should you have moved her out. Ideally you should have turned around on immediately, driven home to your house, left her car there, and take yours out to meet some friends for a beer. Leaving her with no way to contact you and find out where you are (no cell phone) and no way to know where or why you left. That scenario was so fucking perfect for a "fuck you" farewell that I came a little when I got to that part. Even if you had to talk to her first (you didn"t, there is no legit explanation) you shoulda taken a cab home or something if she was actually gonna leave you there (she wouldn"t), regardless of the cost. Have some dignity.

bofa, cooking date is great idea. It is so good that there is only 1 real way I can think of to fuck it up, and that is to invite her by saying "let me make you dinner." Soooo bad. "Let me do x for you" is one sentence you should never say in your life, ever, to a girl. Here you have a great night planned with a great skill that women love to see in men, and you ruin it by telling her that she is doing you a favor by "LETTING" you cook for her.

Say "I want you to come over to my place, I"m gonna cook." Or some variation of that.

Eomer:I"ve read 100% of what you"ve written about this girl. At this point, I can"t picture a scenario where in a week she says "ok, I figured it all out, it"s solved, and now lets get back together and live happily ever after." Ask yourself honestly, can you? Somewhere, somehow, you lost her. I don"t know how or if you did anything wrong or she is just one of those girls that likes rollercoaster relationships and getting beaten by drunk husbands, but somehow you lost her.

There are 2 options I see, but I have absolutely no idea which is ideal or even if any of them will work. My instinct tells me that waiting around is gonna do jack shit. Again, can you picture any case where a guy who "waited around" actually got the girl? So, option (A) is take control, be demanding with her and let her know that time is up and if she hasn"t figured her shit out you are gonna move on. Option (B) is pull away, as clearly and blatantly as you can, respond to her texts with 0 effort (e.g. "what are you doing", "nothing"...."how was your day?" "fine") and putting in nothing. There is also option (C) which is make plans with her for the wedding, and on the day of you call and cancel and go out with friends for a beer or something, which would royally piss her off and with any luck, put the power right back into your hands. Risky, assholeish, but I kind of like that option.

For option (A), if she is ready again but just waiting for you to take initiative, you win. However if she really lost interest and hasn"t regained it, she pulls away more and game over.
For option (B), if she has lost interest, by pulling away and acting like you don"t give a shit, you ignite the fear of loss inside of her and if she still has feelings for you she will try to get you back. The down side is if she is a girl that has no initiative and tends to let life happen to her rather than take control of life herself, she will let you go and just be sad about it.
For option (C), it is the most manipulative and not conducive to a long-lasting relationship, but I think it has the best chance of success.

I like (B). I think she lost feelings somehow and you need to remind her how much she likes you by pulling away. You can"t half ass it though and can"t be afraid to go against the inborn social ritual norms that you have, such as reciprocating politeness & interest. You gotta make a point of being short as much as possible and never reassure her. If you are doing this right you will feel very uncomfortable when you talk to her, you"ll feel like you"re being excessively impolite. If you don"t, you"re doing it wrong.

Good luck. I"m very curious which one is the best route. But please please please PICK one and commit to it. I think it"s the only hope you have.
Yeahh, I thought about all that. First idea was awesome but its not my car, I dont want to get there and wind up with cops there waiting to take me away for "stealing" a car. Second one is a good idea except my car is about 100 miles away, I don"t know how much that costs around here but I"m sure its not cheap and I dont have that kind of money at the moment. Believe me, I sure as hell did not want to move her out, but now I still need to get some of my shit back from her plus the money she owes me. There is still plenty of time to plot my revenge.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Alcestis said:
Maybe I"m dense, but I don"t get it :/

I talked with her for about 10 minutes on the drive home last night. It seems like every time we talk, the story changes a bit. It"s tough to remember everything that was said, but overall it seems I "misunderstood" her last week and that indeed we were still a couple, that she wanted to continue the relationship, but was super busy and that was the main reason why we hadn"t been hanging out in the past few weeks. At least that"s what she insisted.

I don"t remember exactly what led up to it, but at one point she said (and this is nearly verbatim) "I don"t know if I want to be in a serious relationship now, or one that"s leading to marriage" and talked about how she had had a good thing going the past year not being with someone other than the sporadic hookups with Jay and getting established at teaching and she was happy with her life like that. I didn"t to remind her that she indicated to me that during the entire period of her "arrangement" with Jay she wanted a relationship.

I reminded her of several things, namely that she was the one who brought it up from time to time ("haha, my friends were all bugging me that we"re going to be engaged by this fall things are going so well" she said at some point when I went to a wedding with her right before things went sideways), that when we first started dating she said she was looking for a (serious) relationship, that we had talked a couple times and both said we were fine with how things were moving, and that I certainly didn"t have any time-lines or serious thoughts of anything like that in the near or even mid future. She responded that it"s strange how I can remember so many things to throw back in her face, but can"t remember anything about her (her only example was that I get her cousin and good friend"s names confused even though they"re almost identical), but she was only half serious about it.

We talked a bit about how much we had been hanging out, and she said that while she was fine with hanging out 3-5 times a week for the first while, it was getting hard for her to "fit me in" to her life and that if we were to continue at least for the next while, that we wouldn"t be able to hang out as much as we had (but also that might change in the summer, since she won"t be working, although she"s taking a course or two and has other stuff but definitely nothing equivalent to a fulltime job). She talked about how she hadn"t been doing her usual hangouts with her friends or cousin, that kind of thing. Again I reminded her that she had said things were fine previously and that if it was a problem, she should have let me know weeks ago. She didn"t really have much of a response, other than to say "well we"re talking about it now aren"t we? I"m sorry I didn"t mention this earlier." I said I was fine with hanging out less, that I was busy too, and that I too hadn"t been seeing some of my friends on as regular a basis as well.

She also said to me that she wasn"t sure what I "wanted to hear" from her. I told her that based on our conversation last week and the fact we"ve seen each other maybe 4 times in the past 3 weeks, I was under the impression that we were more or less on hiatus and that she needed time to figure out where we were at. She insisted that she did want to continue the relationship, and that"s what she intended for me to take away from our last meeting. I reiterated that wasn"t what I understood, but if that was indeed the case then that was good news to me, and that going forward we should worry about enjoying each other"s company, and not necessarily where things are going and that kind of thing.

Dabamf said:
I don"t know if I"ve "lost" her now, it seems to me that she"s pulling back because things got too serious too fast, even though a lot (if not most) of it in my opinion was due to her. Whether that means her feelings towards me have changed or not, I don"t know. Or rather, whether they"ve changed enough or in such a way to preclude the relationship continuing, I don"t know.

So, option (A) is take control, be demanding with her and let her know that time is up and if she hasn"t figured her shit out you are gonna move on.
Well, it seems like she actually has made the decision to continue on, but in what form that takes in the relationship and whether it lasts remains to be seen. No need to make a demand, unless my demand is "declare your one true love for life to me" which would be kind of weird.

Option (B) is pull away, as clearly and blatantly as you can, respond to her texts with 0 effort (e.g. "what are you doing", "nothing"...."how was your day?" "fine") and putting in nothing.
Definitely going to take some from this column. As stated above, looks like some distance is required between us.

There is also option (C) which is make plans with her for the wedding, and on the day of you call and cancel and go out with friends for a beer or something, which would royally piss her off and with any luck, put the power right back into your hands. Risky, assholeish, but I kind of like that option.
I think that would be a pretty bad move. If it was a regular date, whether that be just the two of us or going out with a few friends, then I could see. But a wedding? Leaving her to show up by herself when she was supposed to have a date? That might leave a really bad taste in her mouth and not have the desired effect. Not to mention that unless she finishes up with work tonight, it would be the only time in nearly two weeks we were supposed to have hung out. If she were to ask me why I cancelled at the last second and I responded with "oh, I decided to go have some beers with my boys", I doubt she"d buy that explanation.

But you"ve got 3 days to convince me why it"s a good idea .

I like (B). I think she lost feelings somehow and you need to remind her how much she likes you by pulling away. You can"t half ass it though and can"t be afraid to go against the inborn social ritual norms that you have, such as reciprocating politeness & interest. You gotta make a point of being short as much as possible and never reassure her. If you are doing this right you will feel very uncomfortable when you talk to her, you"ll feel like you"re being excessively impolite. If you don"t, you"re doing it wrong.

Good luck. I"m very curious which one is the best route. But please please please PICK one and commit to it. I think it"s the only hope you have.
As indicated above, I will take some from column B, but I don"t think I need to take it as far as you suggest. You"re absolutely right that it might be tough for me to do in terms of feeling uncomfortable doing it.

Mandriana said:
Option D) Go to the wedding with her, then ignore her as much as possible, while ingratiating yourself upon her family members and hot single girlfriends (in a charming fashion, don"t be creepy/sleazy). Make extensive use of the free/discount bar booze.
pfft, I was half expecting e) let Mandri nail her in a filthy bar bathroom

But joking aside, that"s what I"ll most likely do. I won"t ignore her as much as possible, but hopefully it"ll be a "young" wedding or table so I can socialize with others rather than just follow her around or chat with her co-teachers like at the last wedding (I was interrogated by her female principal about children, what my intentions were, what I did etc).

Drave said:
What"s her nationality? That sounds very British/Aussie.
Canadian, several generations. Some Scottish and other Euro in her background. Not much to read in to there.

Drave said:
Maybe she wants to make it work, she just wants to see if you are able man-up and help with the "business" side of the relationship (aka like bills, planning, etc), not just sex (which mostly relieves you, not her).

If you can"t, you are added to her workload (like taking care of a child), instead of helping (like a husband).

Ok enough of the /Dr. Phil mode!
Well, she lives at home, she has no bills. Maybe she pays rent to her dad, but I don"t think so. As far as dates etc I pretty much pay for everything. She offers to pay and often she does for dinner etc, but as far as hockey tickets, concert tickets and that kind of thing I"ve told her not to worry when she asks about how much they cost. I haven"t showered her with shit (no flowers or gifts), don"t get me wrong, and she doesn"t have expensive tastes like Xerxes but most dates I"ve paid for. Mainly cause the concerts we"ve been to are bands I wanted to see and not necessarily bands she wanted to (had extra tickets or no one else was going), and I don"t expect her to pay for a concert she"d probably not see if she was footing the bill. And as mentioned, she"s supposedly trying to save up for a downpayment for a condo or house.

In some ways she"s a stereotypical teacher. She is all stressed out about work and getting her report cards etc done like it"s the most important thing in the world, when the reality is her work hours and work load are probably nothing compared to most people"s jobs, and let"s face it: none of the shit she"s stressed about is going to mean sweet fuck all to most of her kids in 3 years, let alone 5 (she teaches grade 5 special needs kids). But on the other hand, this is her first full year teaching on her own, so she"s figuring things out and stressing about stuff that in a few years she"ll realize aren"t that big of a deal.

Once the school year is done in a couple weeks, we"ll see how she is I guess. I"ll text her later this afternoon to see if she"s up for hanging out this evening or not, and otherwise bank on going to the wedding on Friday and proceeding slowly with our relationship.

Thanks to those who take the time to read and offer advice, I genuinely appreciate it even if I don"t always follow it to the letter. Plus it"s cathartic to spew my thoughts out here and organize and analyze them a bit more.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
Maybe I"m dense, but I don"t get it :/
I had no real words at the time that haven"t already been said, so I opted for pictures. Sorry for the confusion. Eye-roll for the complete non-committal quality of the email... which just looked like a giant hedge.

I"ll tackle the rest of the post later. Goddamn. @_@

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Had to talk to the ex today about getting my shit back and setup a time, idk how some people stay sane, chick sure knows how to drive me nuts and mega rage at how inconsiderate she is, yikes. Told me she"d meet me thursday to get it, I said why not weds? she"s like thats my day off and i have plans.. was like wow thanks needed to know that (said that kind of but in a "are you fucking joking?" attitude).

I was having a good day too, went to the gym and blew off steam then got it back again, sucks.

FulorianC_foh

shitlord
Eomer: You"re being whiny, needy, and insecure. Go to the wedding, have a good time, and don"t stress over it. Nothing sounds wrong except your own perception of events.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
FulorianC said:
Eomer: You"re being whiny, needy, and insecure. Go to the wedding, have a good time, and don"t stress over it. Nothing sounds wrong except your own perception of events.
Doesn"t come across that way to me.

Snugglebear_foh

shitlord
Why all the doom and gloom for Eomer? She has a busy season (typical professional) and she has no idea what she wants (typical woman). I think it will work out. With other girls I"d say there would be a good chance that she"s hedging you in order to see if ex-fuckbuddy #1 is up for a relationship, but with this girl and how you"ve described her, I"d say that is a very remote possibility. Stick with her!

Rica86_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
In some ways she"s a stereotypical teacher. She is all stressed out about work and getting her report cards etc done like it"s the most important thing in the world, when the reality is her work hours and work load are probably nothing compared to most people"s jobs, and let"s face it: none of the shit she"s stressed about is going to mean sweet fuck all to most of her kids in 3 years, let alone 5 (she teaches grade 5 special needs kids). But on the other hand, this is her first full year teaching on her own, so she"s figuring things out and stressing about stuff that in a few years she"ll realize aren"t that big of a deal.
Not sure how incredibly topical this is, but like 5 of my aunts, and my mother are teachers. My sister and a bunch of my cousins are going to school to become teachers as well. From my experience, there are pretty much 2 types of teachers. A) Don"t give a shit, there for a paycheck and then bounce as soon as the bells ring. They care about schooling as much as a typical student does. B) The people that go into teaching because they love children and feel everything they are doing will have an incredible impact on the rest of thier lives. They live, breath, die teaching. They put throw themselves totally into thier work, way more than is really nessassary. And yes, I realise there is a midground, but honestly it usually seems to pan out to the extremes from my personal experience.

My mother is exactly like the type B, she"s been teaching for like 30+ years now, and is still doing that shit. She is always talking about the kids, spends an incredible amount of time on lesson plans (It blows my mind how they could be so complex, she teaches first and second grade) and usually doesn"t even leave her school until like the janitors kick her out because they are locking the building because she is so into her job. I honestly think this may of been one of (though there were plenty more) things that lead to my parents divorce. I think my dad was getting pissed that she would spend more time working and worrying about the kids, than spending any time with him.

You said it"s her first year and all, but she definately doesn"t seem like the first type, but honestly don"t have a whole lot to go on that I can recall. But she seems like she could fairly well be the second type, and I think it"d just be somthing to think about if you continue on with her, if that does strike you as a problem. For some people, I don"t think it is something they will just at some point say, eh I don"t need to worry about this anymore. Not trying to throw anything more on your plate of shit to be perplexing over... but ya, I personally don"t think it"s something you can just shrug off and say it will be different if it"s bothering you.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My gf is a teacher as well (grades 7/8 math). She"s "type B" as well, and she puts in crazy hours. 6:30-4(at the earliest) but there"s also hours of grading/planning/other misc paperwork that goes after instructional hours. Also, I know a lot of districts require first/second year teachers to do extra accreditation work/portfolio projects. Granted Eomer"s girl teaches special ed kids and I don"t know too much about how that all works. But I"m sure there"s still a lot of planning and emotional investment involved.

wild_whiskey_foh

shitlord
Eomer,

I was in a situation pretty similar to what you"re describing. Obviously the details are quite different, but essentially I had a girlfriend (also a special ed teacher) who things had gotten too serious for her with and she backed off for whatever reason because she liked being single, was concerned about her job, etc. In my case, and I assume yours, she was still emotionally attached, though wouldn"t really say so.

Right after we had broken up, we still talked a little, and she had invited me to her graduation (or informed me of it, at least). I showed up and charmed the shit out of her family. This seemed to reignite something in her, and I was back to boning her that evening. Tears were involved, but it was worth it.

The moral here, is that I think what happened with my ex-girlfriend (and possibly your current) is that in the face of overwhelming commitment, people are able to shut out the things they like about you from their minds so they can feel less guilty when they back off and treat you poorly. She"s been super busy, and those times are when women are a lot more willing to behave selfishly. You may have an opportunity here to really rectify things, because you"ll be in a situation with her where she"ll be comfortable and vulnerable at her friend"s wedding.

In my situation, I tried my best to be very lighthearted and charming, focusing mostly on her family and friends, and it paid off for me. That"s why option D) is probably going to be perfect for you. There"s really not much to lose, but winning the favor of her friends and family is something that some people never get the opportunity to do and could be a huge gain, even if it doesn"t pay off right away.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
So I texted her yesterday at around 5 asking her how work was going and if we were gonna hang out. She texted back that she was still at school and had a ton of work, I said no worries that I had expected as much but to let me know if she got finished up, she said probably around 8ish she"d be done but wasn"t sure if she"d just want to sleep, I didn"t respond, and 20 minutes later she suggested we go for a beverage or coffee, I said sure and to give me a call when she was leaving. We talked on the phone an hour later, and she came and picked me up and we went to a bar to sit on the patio and grab a burger. She had left work earlier than anticipated cause her dad had locked himself out of the house, as it turned out.

Things seemed okay. Conversation flowed fairly easily (basically I listened to her talk about school and her plans for the summer while she didn"t ask me anything about my bike trip, work, or pretty much anything else). Obviously there was a bit of undercurrent of awkwardness or just confusion about exactly how we were supposed to act. Towards the end of my meal (she had already made dinner for her and her dad) she started to yawn pretty frequently, as it was past her bed time of 9:30. She grabbed the bill as soon as it came and said she wanted to pay for dinner, and I said sure, she said she felt bad that I always paid for stuff etc (which I don"t care about).

At one point when she was talking about school and I wanted to jump in and ask her something partially related, she made a remark about how I was always interrupting her to talk about stuff I wanted to. I responded that I"d been listening to her talk almost exclusively about school for the past hour and that she"d not asked a single question of me about anything. She said fine, we can talk about my bike trip or whatever, I told her that I wasn"t bringing that up because I wanted to talk about it, but because she"d been saying I didn"t listen to her or care about her job and I wanted her to realize a) that I do listen and b) that she talks about that shit a lot. She agreed that maybe I had a point, and went back to talking about school.

We didn"t talk about any "serious" stuff, other than at one point me jokingly saying I still had more "Questions" as she"d told me yesterday on the phone that I wasn"t allowed to ask any more. She asked if I seriously had more, I said no I was just kidding, and that it was just a matter of seeing what happens over the next while. Otherwise nothing much in that sense was discussed.

There was the usual playful joking around back and forth, we got to talking about tattoos and the new one she was considering and how she"d consider getting a sleeve if she wasn"t a teacher. I"m okay with a few tattoos that are fairly non-descript on girls, but find much more than that a turn off, she joked that she was doing it to scare me off etc.

I asked her if she was still intending on coming camping with my friends and I in a couple weeks for the long weekend, and she said that was still her plan. She also mentioned that she might be going to Montreal for two weeks over the summer to stay with family there (and would be there for her birthday). She dropped me back off at home, we had a quick kiss, agreed to talk about plans for this weekend later in the week.

Fulorian said:
Oh, I think that there"s things wrong or at least things have made a marked change from where they were and there"s some question about whether the relationship will last longer, but you"re also probably right about being insecure. I"m just gonna have to try to stop thinking about it so much, take it as it comes and see where things go. I"ve been over thinking shit to some extent, but at the same time it"s not like there aren"t issues to be resolved.

ToeMissile said:
Granted Eomer"s girl teaches special ed kids and I don"t know too much about how that all works. But I"m sure there"s still a lot of planning and emotional investment involved.
As far as I understand it, all her kids have normal IQ"s (so no Down"s kids, or autistic etc) but they have various deficiencies. Whether that"s a learning disability or behavioral problem varies from kid to kid. So in addition to doing report cards etc she also has to do individualized programs for each student and write up plans for the teacher next year to follow or at least use as a guideline as to where the kid"s at. So she"s got more on her plate than most teachers would have, for sure.

wild_whiskey said:
In my case, and I assume yours, she was still emotionally attached, though wouldn"t really say so.
She has said she still cares for me, but right now it"s not necessarily what she"s saying that"s a problem, it"s her actions.

Grobbee said:
Tits? No? Back to the PGT I go.
But there"s not many chubbies for you to chase in there :/.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So I"ve managed to get into my ex"s facebook and have pondered putting her main profile picture as a picture i took teabagging her.. is that illegal? lol cause she did know the picture was being taken.

I guess it would be since I"m not supposed to be on her facebook. Scratch that.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Nah I only have limited window as I had to use her hotmail to retrieve her facebook pw. I kind of feel bad but I know that would be ultimate revenge lol, just making sure im not oging to get arrested or some bullshit

bofa_sl

shitlord
tbh.you"d be giving her more fuel for her fire. She"ll obviously know its you and how you acted immature by putting ballsack on her facebook for her rents/friends/family to see.

i"m sure she"s pissed you off as they all have, but take the high road, show her you don"t give a fuck about her and are done wasting your time with the sloot. that will get her more pissed than balls on the face

and if not..do you have any distinguishing ball features they can trace back if you"re caught and forced to show your sack amongst 10 other dudes?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I"m not going to do it, I"ve sent her dad an email letting him know about his daughter, and taken over her facebook, then friended her father so he can see al lthe wall shit she"s been saying and her pictures. That"s enough for me. Thats a good point I"ll keep that in mind if I ever did post a naked picture of her. I know the email kind of childish, but hes really religious and its good enough revenge for me. She"ll probably end up with no car and he wont be paying for school anymore.

lost said:
I"m not going to do it, I"ve sent her dad an email letting him know about his daughter, and taken over her facebook, then friended her father so he can see al lthe wall shit she"s been saying and her pictures. That"s enough for me. Thats a good point I"ll keep that in mind if I ever did post a naked picture of her.
ugh you are failing at this crap. No need to bring daddy in and tell on her man... Just cut off from the ho, post her vids on FOH, sell them to the pr0n site, and walk away laughing. Bringing all this other shit into is a) childish b) lame and c) not getting us tits.