Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Man, I just went to pick up a prescription (nasal spray, so thank god nothing embarassing!) and the technician was about 11 on a scale of 10. Wish I had the balls to make a pass, but alas I did not.

Jabberwhacky_foh

shitlord
Just go comfort yourself by buying another hot tub and smoking a lot of pot while planning your next cross-world resort trip. Keep your chin up soldier it"ll get better soon!!

Vim_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
Man, I just went to pick up a prescription (nasal spray, so thank god nothing embarassing!) and the technician was about 11 on a scale of 10. Wish I had the balls to make a pass, but alas I did not.
Patience is a virtue. Happens to all of us bro. Even the biggest "players" (hate that word) have their fair share of misses.

It"s a sucky feeling though, especially if you"re like me have a bad habit of using foresight with such things.

Lusiphur_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
Fail. What"s the worst that could happen ?

Umm .. actually ... thinking about it she could have given you pepper spray instead of nasal spray ..

Maybe discretion was the better part of valour.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I dated a pharmacist for a while in college. She said it was always hilarious when guys tried to hit on her and meanwhile she"s thinking "yeah, and I just filled your scrip for valtrex / antibiotics for that anal abscess / psych meds". It"s tough knowing everyone"s medical history.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Ronaan said:
And there"s still coming up ... perfect girl to not get attached to.
So today was that day ... it"s funny how sometimes you have a person that you just get along with, no matter how long you haven"t seen each other, or what has been between each other in the past. We always seemed to fit really well. Still the same today, we talked as if the 5 years where we had no contact never happened.

Did some smalltalk, will meet again, exchanged numbers.

This time she"s single (finally), so in case anything develops at least we won"t have to keep it hush-hush like last time (small town and she has a business, so it didn"t really look good when people knew she had someone on the side).

Wait, didn"t I say just yesterday that I"ll be passive for a while?

Yeah fuck that.

I"ll let her make the first move though.

Snugglebear_foh

shitlord
Tenks said:
You meet women in public events. Is it really that confusing? Single women are everywhere not just at bars and clubs. Do you want to meet a bar skank? No? Then don"t goto a bar. Do you want to meet a normal girl? Try the park or coffee shop.

As of last year I gave up on trying to pick up girls at the mall since I was 0/3 on guessing the girls being over 18. I had two numbers from 16 year olds and one 17 year old. I creeped myself out.
This is where you Facebook friend them and wait for the birthday notification.

MrGraham_foh

shitlord
I recommend volunteering as a way to meet relationship candidate material. While I have been out of the dating scene for a while, my SO and I do quite a bit of volunteering at random events or ESL classes. It"s always heavily skewed (like 4:1) to a female population, and there"s usually ample time for conversation. Cooking classes also seem good.

PapaShlapa_foh

shitlord
So I"ve been looking at the POF results in my area. Limited to only 5 miles around me and there"s like 20 PAGES of women online just today. Casually glancing through them, a good 50% are attractive. 70% or more are attractive enough for me to bang. I really need to get in this shit. I"m just strangely worried about someone I know IRL seeing it. I know it"s stupid, but I"d be embarrassed. Probably gonna work on a profile a bit tonight.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
Ronaan: While you"re waiting, I hope she gets snapped up by someone else. Just to teach you the lesson you should"ve learned by now.

Heylel Teomim said:
I dated a pharmacist for a while in college. She said it was always hilarious when guys tried to hit on her and meanwhile she"s thinking "yeah, and I just filled your scrip for valtrex / antibiotics for that anal abscess / psych meds". It"s tough knowing everyone"s medical history.
Haha, those are the best! Reminds me of my previous job"s notorious "Foley flirt". He was one strange guy who enjoyed getting catheterized and actively hit on whoever was doing it, right in the middle of doing it. But the best part was him yelling, "Uuuuuuweeeeeee!" while setting up a sterile field, then him excitedly waving his dick around like a helicopter until the bed gyrated. You could hear that battle cry down the hall with the doors closed, and everyone knew that you hadhim. First time he was in my section, I"ve got to say, that fucker threw me for a loop. xD Alas, the managers started assigning him to the burliest dude on the shift, then the magic died.

Brad2770

Alcestis said:
Alas, the managers started assigning him to the burliest dude on the shift, then the magic died.
so, that"s why I get guys to do that shit now. I thought you women liked my Heli-cock-tor!

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Alcestis said:
Ronaan: While you"re waiting, I hope she gets snapped up by someone else. Just to teach you the lesson you should"ve learned by now.
Yeah.

Uh wait, NO!

Since we have quite some history, it"s going to work different. Not like meeting some random stranger and trying to get in her pants.

The last time we met again after a long break, there were 8 years of silence before. We sat around for a bit (coffee and stuff) and then just out of the blue started making out. No pussyfooting around, no "games", no shit. And I assure you she knows 100% that I wasn"t just there to have my feet taken care of. And I"m also sure she wanted to take care of more than only my feet.

We just always got along really well, don"t know what it is between her and me.

On the other hand, she cheated on her bf at the time. Yeah, with me, not like I"m complaining... but you know what they say, once a cheater, always a cheater. But I shouldn"t have to worry about that, it"s not like I"m going to marry her.

She lost some weight too. Not like she was fat before, but now it"s even better.
This is also the woman that used to scratch my back up really bad. I think I shall call her tonight.

niteflyx_foh

shitlord
GrobbeeTrull2.0 said:
Ronaan, you still think like you"re fat. Have some confidence and go get her.
Seriously, dude. Tell yourself you"re god"s gift to women everywhere until you believe it and slay that shit. Fake it until you got it. You, sir, are lean as fuck.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
GrobbeeTrull2.0 said:
Ronaan, you still think like you"re fat. Have some confidence and go get her.
Nah, I know I"m dead sexy.
It has never been about looks between us I guess. Though we are both "normal" looking people. During that last time we hooked up, I was at around 90 kilos I think and back then she said she didn"t even want me any thinner.

Anyway, I just realized that I"m not really sure she"s single... all I know is she"s not with that guy from a few years ago anymore.

I shall soon find out though. As mentioned a few posts earlier, I got her number and she has mine.

Campari_foh

shitlord
I can"t believe I"m actually posting in this thread for advice, but, oh well.

Here"s the deal / dilemma. Today I went to the salon to get my hair cut but I had a really short notice appointment so they gave me a different stylist than the girl I typically get. Without going into detail, the one they gave me was incredibly cute & basically everything I find attractive about women. We had the normal chit-chat and she was very nice, but they all are -- like being a waitress it"s a job based mostly on tips.

Anyways, I mention that I"m moving to NYC in a few weeks and we talk about that and then a few minutes later she randomly asks me what I was doing later tonight. Now, I"m terrible at taking hints from women & reading body language, so either I did the correct thing and assumed that she was just being polite & making conversation, or I"m an idiot. I just mention that I have to go to some dinner party (which is true) and that I don"t know what I"ll be doing after that. She smiles and then the conversation sort of just veers back into how I want my hair cut.

She thanked me and I went to pay at the desk and as I was leaving she stopped me and thanked me again, I sort of just smiled and said bye.

Basically here"s my question: is it a rude to ask someone out at their place of business? Are there rules for this? Typically I would tell myself that it"s not appropriate, but I left thinking I should have at least said something, because I don"t really have anything to lose & she seemed genuinely interested in me.

Thoughts?