Girls who broke your heart thread

Hooby_foh

shitlord
Campari said:
Basically here"s my question: is it a rude to ask someone out at their place of business? Are there rules for this? Typically I would tell myself that it"s not appropriate, but I left thinking I should have at least said something, because I don"t really have anything to lose & she seemed genuinely interested in me.

Thoughts?
What other option do you have, stalking her then asking her out somewhere else?

Go for it.

Campari_foh

shitlord
Hooby said:
What other option do you have, stalking her then asking her out somewhere else?

Go for it.
The other option I guess in my mind was to just not worry about it, and move to NYC in a few weeks where there are plenty of attractive girls every 10 feet.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
If you"re sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that she"s interested in you first, I"d say it"s okay to hit on someone where they work. We"re talking truly overt signals though: hair twirling, coy glances, the boob brush, outright askingyouout, etc. Otherwise it"s way too easy to misread politeness as interest (or in the case of waitresses, "just doing their job") and being rejected so publicly might mean you"ll be out a damn fine hairdresser. Some girls are just as oblivious at dialogue and don"t realize that a casual "So what are you doing tonight?" could be taken differently than they innocently intended. She could be laying it on thick to build up a clientele, after all. It"s hard to say if she was truly interested or just making conversation from your account. But if you"re moving anyway, you had nothing to lose except potentially filling up the weeks before heading off. No sense in waiting until NYC if opportunity is at your door now.

In summation: bring your corgi next time.

Ralphus_foh

shitlord
Campari said:
I

Basically here"s my question: is it a rude to ask someone out at their place of business? Are there rules for this? Typically I would tell myself that it"s not appropriate, but I left thinking I should have at least said something, because I don"t really have anything to lose & she seemed genuinely interested in me.

Thoughts?
When asked this, just say "I was going to head to +insert fun bar/place+ and meet a friend or two."
"Have you ever been there?" "Yes?"
"Cool, maybe I"ll see you there tonight." "No?"
"Oh well you really should check it out and if you decide to go, let me know and I"ll show you around"

Judge her reaction and then say, "hey would you like my number in case you go you can text me."

Then give her a Fiveski for the haircut. Just kidding, make it 30%.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Ralphus said:
When asked this, just say "I was going to head to +insert fun bar/place+ and meet a friend or two."
"Oh well you really should check it out and if you decide to go, let me know and I"ll show you around"

Judge her reaction and then say, "hey would you like my number in case you go you can text me."

This is smart. You can bypass "go out with me" language by leading her into it in an ambiguous manner. She can"t tell if you"re simply being polite and social or if you"re interested in her, and really that"s the best place you want a girl until she gives multiple sure signs of interest in you.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ralphus said:

Nice response, definately good way to work that. I would have asked her what she was doing later then gone on from there, if she was cute then yeah I wouldnt have passed up that opportunity, after all she asked you what you"re doing, only fair to ask back then gauge her response and see if you should invite her out

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Campari said:
The other option I guess in my mind was to just not worry about it, and move to NYC in a few weeks where there are plenty of attractive girls every 10 feet.
Who all want your wallet.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Campari said:
Or to just go for it and if it fails miserably you"ll be in NYC in a few weeks where there are plenty of attractive girls every 10 feet.

Vim_foh

shitlord
After reading this whole thread, posting some personal experiences/questions...

I"ve become really curious on where you all stand on the whole finding someone to be with, potentially (ideally?), for the "rest of your life".

Do you all believe you can find someone to be with for "the rest of your life"?
Do you all want to find someone you can be with for "the rest of your life"?
Do you believe in being faithful to one person once you established a "serious" relationship and then proceeding to stick it out with them for...

Really curious on everyones stance on the subject.

Campari_foh

shitlord
So I went back to the salon today and asked if she was working, she was with a client so we really couldn"t talk much or anything but she wrote her full name & # down on a scrap of paper for me and said she would like to get drinks sometime. Will keep you guys updated.

By the way, when do I send her a package of stuffed animals & flowers?

I kid, I kid.

niteflyx_foh

shitlord
Campari said:
So I went back to the salon today and asked if she was working, she was with a client so we really couldn"t talk much or anything but she wrote her full name & # down on a scrap of paper for me. Will keep you guys updated.
Awesome! My game in certain social situations is top notch, but as far as turning a convo with a hair-dresser, chick at a bookstore, or super market, I"m at a loss at how to turn that into anything useful, as you did. How"d it go down?

Zarniwoop_foh

shitlord
Campari said:
Go for drinks at one of those chain restaurants; give the package to the waiter on the sly and tell them it"s her birthday. Get them to bring it out with the staff when they march out with the ghetto blaster, cake and the sparklers to sing Happy Birthday.

Guaranteed. Win.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Campari said:
So I went back to the salon today and asked if she was working, she was with a client so we really couldn"t talk much or anything but she wrote her full name & # down on a scrap of paper for me and said she would like to get drinks sometime. Will keep you guys updated.

I kid, I kid.
fuck man, she handed herself on a silver platter, how hard was that? hey whats up, heres my number lets get drinks? DAMN haha hit that, ez mode

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Campari said:

I kid, I kid.
Wow... look if there"s "P.S. I really want your penis inside me" written on the back because that"s what it sounds like

Well done.

Vim said:

I"ve become really curious on where you all stand on the whole finding someone to be with, potentially (ideally?), for the "rest of your life".

Do you believe in being faithful to one person once you established a "serious" relationship and then proceeding to stick it out with them for...

Yes. Ideally, yes. I want to find someone to spend the rest of my life with. Faithfully.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Vim said:

1. It"s possible, though I have no idea the likelihood of success since I will never settle. Only that there are steps I can take to maximize that chance.
2. Certainly.
3. Once I"ve played the field enough, I"ll be willing to give up other conquests for the greater intimacy and closeness of a monogamous relationship. But not under the popular "no matter what happens" notion. Only insofar as the hypothetical woman maintains the traits that I sought out from the beginning. If she becomes comfortable, as in lazy, in the security of a long term relationship and loses the qualities I originally liked her for, as many people tend to do, I"d lose my interest. And if the roles were reversed I"d expect her to feel similarly.

In Korea, I"ve had a booty call now for about 3 weeks with an american I recently met. She"s attractive by objective standards, but her personality is completely not my type romantically and I am uninterested even in sex unless I"ve been drinking. I recently met another American who is kind of a sweet nice girl but with a little edgier side underneath, who also doesn"t lack self-esteem which 9 times out of 10 is the real cause behind that personality style. I"m slightly interested but I have to hold off temporarily for a number of reasons that are unimportant to explain. And finally, a very attractive Korean girl who manages a store around my city hit on me big time a couple weeks ago, and today I finally had the opportunity to invite her out for a drink later in the week, now tentatively planned.

Every time things with women are going poorly it is because other areas of my life are not complete and I"m not satisfied. When I get everything else in order, the number of prospects always skyrockets and I am more confident in pursuing them. I also find myself without any fear of rejection whatsoever. Even if a girl were to flat out say "no thanks, I"m not interested" I don"t think it"d hurt one bit or even change my confidence around that person. That"s a fantastic feeling.

Campari_foh

shitlord
niteflyx said:
Awesome! My game in certain social situations is top notch, but as far as turning a convo with a hair-dresser, chick at a bookstore, or super market, I"m at a loss at how to turn that into anything useful, as you did. How"d it go down?
Well, honestly I think I kind of dropped the ball 2 days ago when I was actually getting my hair cut. Anyways, yesterday I just walked in to the front desk, asked if she was working, and the desk clerk asked for my name and said she would go get her. She came over and was obviously busy & with a client so I just said, "hey do you want to go grab drinks sometime?" Literally, I said nothing else. She said hang on a second and went into the back room, wrote her name and number down on a paper scrap and then I bounced.

Regardless of what happens, if this situation has taught me anything it"s that I"m sick & tired of bar skanks and club girls. I"ve been in limbo here for almost year waiting to move to NYC and I haven"t met or seen a single girl at a club that I actually give a shit about.

fuck man, she handed herself on a silver platter, how hard was that? hey whats up, heres my number lets get drinks? DAMN haha hit that, ez mode
Haha, it"s just funny to me because had I not been moving soon I would have never barged into a salon and asked somewhat out in front of everybody.

So, I got married. It"s pretty awesome. Way better than last time!
wat.

Campari_foh

shitlord
Vim said:

1. Yes I believe people can, but I think at least 95% of people who get married are not with that person and they have just tricked their minds into thinking they are because they don"t want to be single forever.

2. I do genuinely want to find someone to be with for the rest of my life, but I"m a very logical person and taking a look at the world around me and the astronomical divorce rate, statistics & logic are not in my favor.

3. Yes, absolutely.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Campari said:
Haha, it"s just funny to me because had I not been moving soon I would have never barged into a salon and asked somewhat out in front of everybody.
Yeah I feel you, I would feel slightly uncomfortable doing that in a quiet area with strangers all around :p but once you do it, its like ha superman!