Girls who broke your heart thread

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Eomer you gave too much in your responses. The divorce line itself is lengthy, so if a girl responds with only 1 sentence, I would keep my response to 1 sentence or less, but as carefully crafted and intriguing as possible. "By the way I forgot the dog died last week while I was in japan," (or something actually funny that didn"t take 2 seconds to come up with). Just something that drops a dhv and compels her to ask for more info. By saying so much after an uninterested response from her, you are dropping your value in her eyes. Also asking her out wasn"t smart because she was not at all invested in even talking to you and gave you no reason to like her personality, so asking her out puts you with her other 100+ guy friends that she shows no interest in who are dying to date her.

brekk: If you don"t wanna deal with a virgin and decide to call it quits, that"s a reasonable choice. But if you want to continue, you should still try to have sex with her as early as possible. If she"s feeling it, it will happen, and if she isn"t feeling it, she"ll stop you and you"ll still get the respect of going after what you want. Only if she asks you flat out to not try anything or gets noticeably upset should you cut it out. Treat her like a normal girl, because I"m sure any guy she"s dated in the past has treated her like a damaged freak for being a virgin just like you probably do naturally, tip-toeing around the issue of sex as you would tip-toe around the word rape with a victim of rape. Treat her like a normal girl, and with normal girls you try to sleep with them as soon as possible. Just be teasing and dominating in the bedroom and make her want it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I dated a girl who was a virgin outside of one incident where she was raped. That was one fucked up relationship.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Tenks said:
I dated a girl who was a virgin outside of one incident where she was raped. That was one fucked up relationship.
Yeah man, sounds like one hell of a rollercoaster. My last gf"s father used to make her get naked and lock the door so the mom couldnt intervene then like whip her naked with his belt.. made for a good sex life later but man she was on anti depressants, xanax, holy crap the first year (yeah i know) she would sometimes cry randomly and I"d ask wtf is wrong she"s like idk why I just cry for no reason.. scary

Pretty interesting how she loved to be spanked though, psychology class sure teaches a lot of truth about childhood.

Tenks

The crazy was just too strong and deep for me with my girl. She was really a nice and sweet girl but just couldn"t allow herself to be happy. In the end it was just too much work.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Tenks said:
The crazy was just too strong and deep for me with my girl. She was really a nice and sweet girl but just couldn"t allow herself to be happy. In the end it was just too much work.
Yeah, been there, done that, like 13 years ago.

Now outta the blue she tags my fucking classmates profile. Part of me wants to walk away, but part of me thinks I should let it play out, see where it goes, and if the chance arises, crush her like she crushed me. Hell, I been married for 10, to a WAY more stable chick. Crazy ain"t got shit on stability when you"re coming up on 30.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Soygen said:
Thefirstyear?! Man, that sex must have been good.
I know, I know. She was bisexual too, had some hot friends.. and so on. It was a fucking double edged sword.

I probably should have walked away too, but part of me just didnt care that much cause it didnt happen everyday, kind of weighed the pro"s and con"s. Knowing what I know now, shouldnt have stuck around and tried to be the good guy, in the end I got fucked.

/changes his mind to something else

Kind of funny about the above poster, I"ve been wondering since we broke up (almost 2 months) if that"s ever gonna be something I have to deal with in the future, her coming bcak to me saying she was a stupid bitch and all this (my last ex did this to me, banged her and walked away, it was good.), and if I"m going to say no or tell myself I"ll "play it out and fuck her over like she did to me."

Right now, fuck that shit, moving on need new distractions, she"s not worth it.

Tenks

I"ve never understood the point of holding a grudge against a girl just because you perceive her as "fucking you over." 99/100 it was unintentional and it is just how females operate. If you still bear this massive grudge she clearly still has control over you.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Tenks said:
I"ve never understood the point of holding a grudge against a girl just because you perceive her as "fucking you over." 99/100 it was unintentional and it is just how females operate. If you still bear this massive grudge she clearly still has control over you.
yup, just let it go.

Tenks

So speaketh FOH; girls shan"t be fucked with on account of bitchy behavior in prior transgressions.

IT IS SPOKEN

niteflyx_foh

shitlord
Tenks said:
So speaketh FOH; girls shan"t be fucked with on account of bitchy behavior in prior transgressions.

IT IS SPOKEN
"Thou shall not lay one"s dick in the crazy"
"The Package: it mustn"t be sent"
"Taketh back what once was yours, be semen or dignity"
"Racer-scene girls are whores."

What I"ve learned from FOH.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Been messaging with several girls on PoF, trying to have some fun with it but also to see what works and doesn"t work. Again, advice or commentary would be much appreciated. This convo is with a girl who has some smoking hot pics and is on 250 favorites lists. Her profile mentions she"s a grad student, amongst other things. I went with a custom message, playing off a comment in her profile that she"d love to take the Orient Express and just chill out on an island naked in Greece reading InStyle. Oh yeah, and I figured since it was probably a crap shoot that I"d include one of those stupid "be mine" roses.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Me: I"m down with the train ride, the Greek island and the nude bathing/tanning, but I"m thinking that InStyle isn"t exactly *my* style. Maybe some MacLean"s or Economist or something? I won"t need Maxim, naturally .

Her: You don"t have to read it. Maybe some Psychology Today? I"m not going to read the Economist on my vacation and I"m not quite sure how I feel about MacLeans at the moment.

Me: Hmm, Psychology Today? Not exactly my area of expertise, but I suppose I could suffer through it. Kidding! I"ve not read much about psychology other than a book by Steven Rose that I"m not even sure would count, but it"s something I"ve been meaning to read more about. I would assume then that"s your area of graduate studies?

Just what I need, a girl specifically trained to mess with my mind

Her: You shouldn"t assume anything. I"m an English student.

Me: haha, you know what they say about assuming! Ah well, I wear the ass-hat quite well.

So rather than being specifically trained to mess with my mind, you"re specifically trained to never let me win an argument. Even better!

Her: I seem to have a very negative effect on you.

It seems like with most girls I don"t get anywhere. All I get are short replies that don"t really lead anywhere, or ask me anything. The flip side with this girl in particular is that she responds to messages really fast, whether that"s an indication that she"s interested or just spends a lot of time on the site I don"t know. I sent her a message at 5:30am and she responded within 30 minutes.

Tenks

She sounds like she"s on POF all the time since she"s on everyone"s favorite list and probably just gets a massive ego boost from the experience. She sounds like the girl from the article "She Not Into You -- She"s Into Everyone" type.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I"m an English student.
Funny derail inc. My wife has a friend who is an English major, and like most people with English majors, hasn"t ever realized any benefit from it. But, anyway, my wife gets her a card for her birthday that has 2 ladies on the front of it, one says "Where is your birthday party at?" To which the other replies "Never end a sentence with a preposition."

Open it up and it says "Where"s your birthday party at, bitch?"

I still gotta chuckle about it every time I see the whole English major/student/degree gets brought up.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Eomer I"m getting the same impression on this convo as the last one: you are trying too hard to impress her. Absolutely everything you say is built off something she says. It just feels like you are taking any chance possible to be witty in an attempt to impress her. And if I feel it, she feels it.

Cut her off, ignore questions, lead the convo, and make her qualify herself. The first line is solid, you immediately qualify her ("I like the sunbathing in greece"), giving a reason why you messaged her. Then you took it back ("But I don"t like the instyle") showing that you aren"t impressed yet. Then you used a dhv: name-dropping economist and macleans, though it wasn"t a great dhv since it very closely bordered on coming off as pretentious. Try a different magazine in the same genre, entertainment, just that has more substance. Dunno what that would be though. Or hell use this as a good chance to change the subject and add a new topic. The maxim line I"m assume refers to her being attractive? Cut that out, you should never ever refer to being impressed with a girls beauty. It shows that you aren"t used to that kind of beauty and therefore aren"t good enough for it.

Her first response showed a little effort. Not much, but a good sign. I"d suggest taking 1 thing she mentioned (macleans, economist on vacation, psych today) and building an equally-short response loosely on that where you quickly change the subject to add in more dhv"s and maybe a qualifier question. If she"s on so many friends list it may be worth experimenting with negs as well: "I noticed you"re on an absurd number of friends lists, you aren"t one of those girls that just jumps on PoF to see how many guys have messaged you are you?"

Try experimenting with ignoring most of what a girl says and leading the convo with topics that draw interest but don"t satisfy curiosity. I think you are bound by the desire to cover everything and answer all possible questions (I get that impression because I naturally do the same thing), which rationally makes sense, but you want to constantly be holding up carrots for her to chase, never quite leaving her satisfied.

Side note but advice everyone should know: any joke about messing with people"s minds or "hey will you give me a discount when I go crazy?" is never funny to a psychology student. We get those jokes 30 times a day.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Thanks Dabamf, that"s the kind of analysis I"m looking for. With this online dating thing, I"m never quite sure how best to steer the conversation: talking about myself, asking about her, or just random bullshitting.