Girls who broke your heart thread

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
Etoille said:
I find it very hard to believe that me, and 90% of my friends who are actually with "the nice guy" are all exceptions to the rule that chicks say they want nice guys but don"t. And my friends that are single would line up around the block for my fiance. Every single woman that I work with talks about him as being the standard. Course that might be because I just got flowers for no reason for the 4th time in about 6 months but again that"s me, as a woman, falling for the nice guy.
*** There"s a general exception to this rule that applies to women and men.

The uglier or older you are the more you know what you truly want.

Find a women who is a 7-10 on the looks scale, 24 years old and single and you could win the hundreds betting she has no f"ing clue about what she really wants.

Find a women whose a 5 or 35 years of age and she"d date just about anything that doesn"t beat her.

Find a women whose 200 lbs or a 1 and she"d be happy if a dildo would fuck her.

Brad2770

Sharmai said:
Find a women who is a 7-10 on the looks scale, 24 years old and single and you could win the hundreds betting she has no f"ing clue about what she really wants.
Because at this point in her life, she has everything being offered to her, pretty much.

edit- Well, at least what I see from my ex. She has about 4-5 women that want her to go party and dance with them. She has about 1-3 guys at any time (that she would actually consider dating) wanting to take her out. She has bosses constantly flirting with her (and I am pretty sure she flirts back).

So many want her and so little time. It"s probably liek that for all of the women in this age group.

bofa_sl

shitlord
quick question about how you guys would go about this.

we"re going on a big river floating trip this sat, last one of the summer. we usually drink pretty heavily for the day and then go out afterwards at night. met a girl at the bar on sat, she doesn"t drink and was the DD for her sister. we hit it off, she ends up taking me home, go out to dinner on sunday and invite her on the floating trip.

turns out she hardly ever drinks, goes to a Christian college, very southern, and big into the man upstairs. while I go to church every sunday, I like to go out and throw it back with the best of them.

my question is...do I not drink, or drink, maintain myself and still have a good time and act like it isn"t a big deal she doesn"t. granted we met at a bar where I was drinking so I don"t think its that big of a deal, but don"t wanna take any chances as she"s a pretty cool girl.

facebook profile attached so you see what i"m talking about

bofa said:
quick question about how you guys would go about this.

we"re going on a big river floating trip this sat, last one of the summer. we usually drink pretty heavily for the day and then go out afterwards at night. met a girl at the bar on sat, she doesn"t drink and was the DD for her sister. we hit it off, she ends up taking me home, go out to dinner on sunday and invite her on the floating trip.

turns out she hardly ever drinks, goes to a Christian college, very southern, and big into the man upstairs. while I go to church every sunday, I like to go out and throw it back with the best of them.

my question is...do I not drink, or drink, maintain myself and still have a good time and act like it isn"t a big deal she doesn"t. granted we met at a bar where I was drinking so I don"t think its that big of a deal, but don"t wanna take any chances as she"s a pretty cool girl.

facebook profile attached so you see what i"m talking about
Drink, be yourself. She liked you for you and hell, if things go well, you may have a DD in the future lol

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
She knows you drink, I don"t see the problem with throwing back a couple as long as you"re not totally sloshed, nothing wrong with drinking socially, going out of your way not to is changing you and how you are, don"t do that, be yourself.

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
Christian women are often the easiest to pick up if you have low morals. Half the time they are closet freaks pretending to be innocent behind their god-shield so they get the right man. Once you convince them that its love and its forever you might as well enjoy the ride because your going straight to hell

Of course if you want to be nice then good luck it doesn"t sound like the other guys hitting on her are having to much luck with just being nice. I"m just saying..... And make sure you blow her off a couple of times innocently. Women -HATE- being ignored.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
Chiming in here: if I were the ex-girlfriend in Tarrant"s situation, I"d think the gift was sweet... BUT I"d be unsure of how to take it as. That uncertainty may push it over into the "this is really strange" mode, especially if it was a "crate" of the stuff, as initially suggested (they sell whole FLATS of ramen at our Costco, no smaller xD). After all, I have said many times (as Tarrant"s ex) that I like the way he"s turned back into the Tarrant of when we first met, instead of the blubbering pussy he morphed into at the end of the relationship. If he wouldn"t send me ramen at the beginning, why on earth would he send me ramen now? If he isn"t the type, it comes across as contrived and possibly ripped off some How-To-Get-Her-Back site off the internet. Also, it puts the ball squarely back into my court as the chick. Clearly, I"d like Tarrant to have a little control over himself. I like myself a manly Tarrant. Allowing me to bring up the gift, acknowledge the note, suggest a date, etc., is him forfeiting a lot of that control I seem to enjoy in him.

I see both sides, and yes, it was initially a LTR, but it going south means that it should be reset back to the time before that. When it was stillgood. Unfortunately, when it was still good just happens to be the time around they first met. That"s when "the game" is in full swing. He should do/act how he did back then. If he"d come up with the initial idea and give something like a box of ramen, go for it. It just doesn"t appear that way here, from what he"s said.

My perspective, anyway.

Etoille said:
Course that might be because I just got flowers for no reason for the 4th time in about 6 months but again that"s me, as a woman, falling for the nice guy.
Haha, how suspicious. Arealnice guy would replace those flowers with a luscious steak or lunch for two at our favorite all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. Beats the heck out of flowers any day, in my opinion. Mmm.

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
Alcestis said:
Haha, how suspicious. Arealnice guy would replace those flowers with a luscious steak or lunch for two at our favorite all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. Beats the heck out of flowers any day, in my opinion. Mmm.
heh Some kid from a local choir group dropped by with two magazines. One was selling summer sausages and cheeses and the other was beautiful bouquets of flowers and potpourri"s. I reached out the flower magazine to my wife and asked if she wanted anything and she reachedoverit and snatched the summer sausage magazine from my other hand and said "sure".

Alcestis said:
What makes you think he doesn"t do that too? :p

I"m hella, hella spoiled. But I never take it for granted. Which is probably the reason he does stuff like that - I appreciate everything he does.

In re Tarrant: again it was an assumption I made. He remarked about showing up with flowers and I assumed that the relationship before had similar acts "when it was good". *shrug* I dunno maybe I (and the crowd/groups I roll with) are really different than the rest of the universe. I don"t ever find myself thinking about control or power or balls in courts - I never did. I"m just me.

Maybe y"all are right. Maybe its far scarier for everyone else in the universe. Maybe I got really lucky in that I"m surrounded by like minded people, friends of both sexes that just don"t do the whole power struggle/over analysis thing.

Or maybe because I am the way I am like I said above - I attract likeminded folks. Could be. I just refuse to believe that I"m that lucky or that perfect.

Churchill_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:
heh Some kid from a local choir group dropped by with two magazines. One was selling summer sausages and cheeses and the other was beautiful bouquets of flowers and potpourri"s. I reached out the flower magazine to my wife and asked if she wanted anything and she reachedoverit and snatched the summer sausage magazine from my other hand and said "sure".
Not getting enough summer sausage from you, huh?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Alcestis said:
Chiming in here: if I were the ex-girlfriend in Tarrant"s situation, I"d think the gift was sweet... BUT I"d be unsure of how to take it as. That uncertainty may push it over into the "this is really strange" mode, especially if it was a "crate" of the stuff, as initially suggested (they sell whole FLATS of ramen at our Costco, no smaller xD). After all, I have said many times (as Tarrant"s ex) that I like the way he"s turned back into the Tarrant of when we first met, instead of the blubbering pussy he morphed into at the end of the relationship. If he wouldn"t send me ramen at the beginning, why on earth would he send me ramen now? If he isn"t the type, it comes across as contrived and possibly ripped off some How-To-Get-Her-Back site off the internet. Also, it puts the ball squarely back into my court as the chick. Clearly, I"d like Tarrant to have a little control over himself. I like myself a manly Tarrant. Allowing me to bring up the gift, acknowledge the note, suggest a date, etc., is him forfeiting a lot of that control I seem to enjoy in him.

I see both sides, and yes, it was initially a LTR, but it going south means that it should be reset back to the time before that. When it was stillgood. Unfortunately, when it was still good just happens to be the time around they first met. That"s when "the game" is in full swing. He should do/act how he did back then. If he"d come up with the initial idea and give something like a box of ramen, go for it. It just doesn"t appear that way here, from what he"s said.

My perspective, anyway.

Great advice, I just got off the phone with her, here are some small updates from last night and today.

So last night she dropped by, she got off class early and called as I was getting home from work. I missed the call as I was in the shower but the girl knows my schedule so she popped by.

So we chill for a few and I make myself some dinner, which we share....oddly enough I was planning on making something she enjoyed, which I in no way planned. We ate and talked about somethings, how our week was going, played a card game we bought when we were together and then she was off and on her way home. It was enjoyable, there was zero signs though of anything brewing under the surface of things this time around though. Which I will admit worried me a bit.

After she left I jumped onto facebook and a mutual friend was on who started talking to me. Told her my ex was just over and she started in on how for me to make sure I take it slow. I told her I was, she also mentioned Sunday and how I am not to push anything Sunday, my ex is still it would seem very skittish about whether or not the emo bitch in me is gone for good or not....but also told me my ex is loving being around me again so just go with the flow on Sunday, don"t expect anything and just have a nice evening.....which I"m going to do.

Ex called me this afternoon as she got off class, we talked about dinner last night and possible changes we can make to the dish, we both love to talk food. I mentioned dinner on Sunday and asked if she had any ideas, she said "nope, I want you to surprise me"

Before I woulda been like "well fuck I don"t know...." This time I was like "Hey you got it, I already know what I"m making you then.."

She seemed to like that idea and seemed excited, promised to make cupcakes for desert and then she had to go as she was on her way to her next class.

In the mean time, I have a date Friday night with different girl who I was kinda seeing before this one. She"s was kinda cool before, though a bit self absorbed, we"ll see if she"s changed. I love my ex and want us to work out but I"m not putting my life on hold.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
Etoille said:
What makes you think he doesn"t? :p
True.

I guess I"m just adverse to flowers. They"re pretty to look at, indeed, but after the initial "Ooh roses!" reaction I"d look at those four bouquets and think, "Each one cost 15-20 bucks, probably. That"s $60-80 bucks thatcould havebeen spent on 10 late night munchies runs, or three-four fabulous New York Strips, or one night at a hotel five towns over just to get away from life for a while and shag... if we didn"t happen to be hungry." I"m happy I"m with an amazing guy who understands and seems to appreciate this bizarre "excellent food ? sex > everything" mentality of mine, heh.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Etoille said:
What makes you think he doesn"t do that too? :p

In re Tarrant: again it was an assumption I made. He remarked about showing up with flowers and I assumed that the relationship before had similar acts "when it was good". *shrug* I dunno maybe I (and the crowd/groups I roll with) are really different than the rest of the universe. I don"t ever find myself thinking about control or power or balls in courts - I never did. I"m just me.
I said I wanted too.....but I wasn"t going to though, at this point that would push more then pull...not good.

And yes, during our relationship I would do things like that as well. Flowers for no reason, surprise her with dinner, a simple card that said I loved you, even the whole steak thing Alcestis mentioned.....again, we both love good food.....I did those things not to secure her love....but because I loved her and I wanted to do something that would make her smile which in turn made me happy as well.

To this day she comments how I was the only guy to ever do those things for her.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Etoille said:
And more shit I didn"t say. Amazing. You"re bitter about something - the negativity is pretty apparent dude. Don"t pretend to know wtf your issue is but the whole "my marriage is awesome because there is trust and everyone else is a jealous retard" shit is a little...myopic.
Who"s putting words in who"s mouth? I didn"t say my marriage was awesome, ever. I think it"s quite obvious after the beatdown you"ve gotten in this last page that you"re dead wrong about everything.

Am I negative? No fucking shit. Seen my post history? I"m not a sunshine and flowers kind of dude. You should be happy I"m not out killing everyone who pisses me off on a daily basis. But, aside from that fact, it"s pretty easy to see what the typical flaws in relationships are -- cheating, jealousy, control, trust. That shit happens in teenagers, it happens to 40 year olds with stable white collar jobs. Don"t pretend age has anything to do with it. Relationships don"t fail because people don"t know what they want, they fail because they"re incapable of really LIVING with another person who has a stake in their life. When you can"t go over to the buddy"s house to watch football without getting the 3rd degree, when you"re not allowed to play video games, when you get accused of cheating every time you talk to a person of the opposite sex...THAT"s when fucking relationships fail.

Maybe I don"t know what the fuck I"m talking about because everyone I know has been married for 5+ years and is/has been going through this exact shit, but I fucking doubt it. I"ve got a friend who"s wife used to be fun and liked going out and doing shit when they were dating, now she"s a damned near recluse, it"s always him and the kids going out and doing shit. I"ve got another friend who up and fucking disappeared after he got married because he"s not allowed to play video games or go hang out with his friends when his wife is home. I"m sure both of their relationships are failing because they just don"t know who they are. If only they had a little bit more time to mature. Jesus christ.

Alcestis said:
True.

I guess I"m just adverse to flowers. They"re pretty to look at, indeed, but after the initial "Ooh roses!" reaction I"d look at those four bouquets and think, "Each one cost 15-20 bucks, probably. That"s $60-80 bucks thatcould havebeen spent on 10 late night munchies runs, or three-four fabulous New York Strips, or one night at a hotel five towns over just to get away from life for a while and shag... if we didn"t happen to be hungry." I"m happy I"m with an amazing guy who understands and seems to appreciate this bizarre "excellent food ? sex > everything" mentality of mine, heh.
lol

I"m not the type that is super in love with flowers either but its about the gesture for me at least. It"s not big huge boquets its just a "hey, thinking of you" thing. This is why I don"t bitch about my relationship like ever because I know I have it good. We both love excellent food (big time foodies - if we go to vegas we want to just spend it all on a full retard restaurant spree) and we do the hotel thing too (just went up randomly to Baltimore and stayed at the Hyatt @ the inner harbor for no particular reason - other than to eat @ Roy"s ).

Like I said I"m way WAY fuckin lucky. He treats me better than I deserve to be and he"s the only man that will put up with my lunacy. (the world comes to a halt when I cant find something among other quirks). Does he frustrate me at times? Sure. Every relationship has its frustrations but he"s just amazing.

LOL I sound like such a fag.

Brad2770

Incognitogamer said:
Every single person on the planet is crazy in some way(s). It"s a matter of finding that person who"s quirks are easy to deal with and really don"t bother you.
Word. Would you like your internet as a + or a -?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well, my girlfriend and I broke up tonight. Can"t say I didn"t see it coming. We decided that there just wasn"t a point to go on. We weren"t compatible enough for marriage so it was best to end it. I"m still madly and deeply in love with her my my heart is tearing apart but I know it is for the best. Expect more "lawl first date" stories to come, I guess.