Girls who broke your heart thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ronaan said:
Excellent, good luck
Thanks

There is still a lot of work to do, it"s not going to be something that"s going to happen overnight but I am now 100% confident that it WILL happen eventually. We both have somethings that need to be worked through and we acknowledged them last night. We both admitted where both went wrong, Her lack of communication, my lack of well....pretty much most things.

My advice to everyone here that lets stress run their life, past bad experiences and what not....do not keep it to yourself. In the end you take it out on others without even realizing it, that was my mistake. Between work, dealing with my exwife and a couple other things, I just lost control of so much and never even realized it until it was to late.

...anyways, we still have a lot of work to do, we"re not back together at this point but we are acknowledging there is something there to work at and that if things continue the way they have been, they can and will work.

I"m hopeful and confident all I can do it take it slow....slow sucks...but it;s better then having things turn out like a big pile of shit again.

Ravvenn_sl

shitlord
Eomer said:
It"s really amusing how some girls, or even most of them, are completely unable to maintain a conversation.
As others have said, it seems like it"s you based off of the conversation (or lack thereof) you posted as well as previous ones. You ignored two "hints" (you"re cute + what are your plans this weekend). Then carried on to talk about people she may not even know plus activities. You should have kept those parts brief and most importantly, answered her question. Honestly, if she were making a pass at you and subtly hinting she is interested and would like to make plans with you - you came off like you were talking about yourself and then avoiding her.

She gave you a small compliment and could have possibly been insinuating she"d like to make plans with you over the weekend. Adding something to your response like, "[Insertsmallcompliment here to balance her calling you cute] and about this weekend, I was planning on you telling me where we"re going out [insert gay smiley or winky face]." You could have replied with anything, actually, as long as you answered her, which you didn"t.

Anyway, don"t blame females without blaming yourself, too. This one is totally your fault (even though she types like a retard).

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Ravvenn said:
(even though she types like a retard).
Well you know the old saying: Retard on the keyboard, freak in the sheets.

Ok...well it"s a new saying.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Dabamf said:
Hell yeah, the kisses/sucking on the neck all way up to their ear with a little ear nibble gets em nuts, few of my ex"s liked it when i licked behind their ear then around the front of it, drove em nuts. Never fails to make em breath heavy. Although sometimes, yes, they did say that tickled or whatever and put their head closer to their shoulder in an attempt to avoid you reaching their neck..

MorinkhanMT_foh

shitlord
Is this a security thing requiring more comfort or do some people just not like that?
When I was dating, I used to go the neck/ear nibble route pretty regularly and it worked great, sometimes turning em on way more than you"d think it would. But it"s a no-go with my wife. When I asked, she said breathing in or near hers ears is a turn-off. So, some women just don"t like it.

Dr. Rubicite_foh

shitlord
This isn"t a girl breaking my heart story, but since this thread seems to have gone toward more a general relationships/dating advice thread...

About two and a half years ago, I met a really amazing woman. Intelligent, reasonable, could hold a conversation, informed about the world around her, cultured, interesting, and the most un-sharpest knees known to man. There was an attraction, and we even went spent some time together, but unfortunately due to conflicting events, nothing ever really came of it before she ended up transferring away. We had infrequent contact over the intervening time. We"ve both dated since then, but haven"t gotten married or anything. Anyway, she sent me an e-mail that said she would be moving into my area in a short while. I would be interested in starting something up (srsly, you have no idea how not sharp her knees were), but I"m not sure how to go about doing this and really don"t want to fuck it up. So, questions...

1. I"m worried that I will appear creepy and/or stalkerish. Is there any way to avoid that?

2. Assuming I can get something started--I"m not particularly extroverted in the best of circumstances. My usual modus operandi on dates is I sit there, let her talk, and ask a few questions or give an opinion on something in response to what she says. In fact, I practically have this down to a science--ask open ended questions so that she will have to talk more and I can be quiet again, etc. I feel I will need to make a doubly good impression, so that means I should probably bring something more to the table than that for a first date. On the other hand, I can"t seem to come up with a way to do so that won"t seem completely contrived. Perhaps someone can give a female perspective on what I might need to do to avoid boring her to tears?

One possible answer to this second point would be "just be yourself and if it was meant to be, she"ll respond positively". Some might argue that. Realistically, though, if that were true people wouldn"t be asking for advice on these sorts of things.

PS- Yes I realize that FoH should be the last place to go for advice for this. Nevertheless, I want to make sure that I exhaust every avenue to maximize my chances. Even if I fail, I at least put as much effort in as I reasonably could.

EDIT: For some reason this part didn"t make it into my post...

3. I haven"t dated many Americans, and have never done so seriously. I"m honestly not too sure what to expect in terms of possible culture clash. Obviously I know things like the fact that I watch the beautiful game, while Americans watch gussied-up rugby, etc. I don"t know how many real differences arise in American vs European (specifically Eastern European) women, so I guess I will just be mindful and see if there"s any situations that might require more cultural knowledge than I currently possess. She"s not particularly religious (very secular, in point of fact), and I don"t consider myself as a member of a religion by anything other than ethnicity, but that might also be a factor? Then again, I"m not sure how many Americans even know that the Orthodox Church exists, so who knows?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
She"s the one that contacted you, she"s the one that put herself out there and she"s the one that just gave you all the control.

Roll with it and see what happen and yes you just need to be yourself, being something else will just bite you in the ass later.

Sorry if that"s basic advice you weren"t looking for but honestly man, she;s that one that came knocking...all you have to do at this point is answer the door and let her in.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
is aychamo still banned? his threads always seem to explode. i wouldnt have expected a multi-user failblog on relationships here but what the hell, good stuff. Eomer you must be separated from me at birth, because your failures are like mirrors of mine. I had the hardest time letting go.

i"d recently gone away for grad school and was trying to maintain my 2 yr+ relationship, even though this was the first time we"d been apart. one weekend i get rear-ended drivin up, still make the trip up with half my trunk smashed in, run through the pouring rain for a couple miles with some gay purple flowers(her favorite) to her place, feelin all romantic, get there and she tells me she "loves me more than anything in this world" but just realized she isn"t "IN love with me". I wanted to smash her face in with my head, but somehow the words that came out of my mouth were "Ok, I understand, well let"s not lose our friendship over this, its what matters most."

See what I did there? So concerned about looking like a nice guy saying sweet things I was still doing it even after getting completely, suddenly broke off. I"d give anything to go back and tell her "thanks have a nice life, I"m looking forward to seeing others". It never pays to me the nice guy, even the ones who really are nice deep down ( i like to think i am), it doesn"t win you any love, just gains you friends.

Hah. Ive had that happen to me, but fuck that nice guy shit.

I live in southern Cali. Was dating a girl for months and she decided she was going to move to Las Vegas with her best friend. Well, we talked about making it work and what not so I go up there the first weekend she moved up there to visit, and she tells me when I get there the first night that she couldnt do the long distance thing. Its not too far, about 3 hours or so (yeah its kinda far, but its driving distance).

Well that weekend, I borrowed my friends truck (because I was riding a motorcycle as my only transportation back then) because her mom and step dad were coming up that weekend to hang out and do the family thing with us and she didnt have a car. After she told me she wasnt going to do the long distance thing, I said fuck it and left back home. I think I was there a total of 10 hours.

I dont know what her and her family did with no car for the rest of the weekend or how they got picked up from the airport, but I didnt give a shit. And of course when she moved back because she got tired of Vegas two years later, she calls me and wants to "work things out" again.

That nice guy shit just doesnt go over well with younger girls. Sure, they all say they want a nice guy and what not, but they dont. Not yet at least. When they get older and realize that the bad boys are going to fuck them over, thats when they look for the nice guy to marry. Thats when you can either be the nice guy, or just date younger girls.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
"Nice guys finish last" really is one of the truest sayings ever.

Honestly, being nice gets you jack shit, not only in relationships but in general. It fucking sucks to be a nice guy.

Everlast_foh

shitlord
Okay...so I went to my Ex girlfriends several weeks ago (the girl "who broke my heart" in the start of this thread) and things went well and I am starting to fall for her again.

Someone cock punch me before I make a huge error. I know I am making a huge error, and I can"t stop myself.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
thats why arranged marriages rock. I can be myself (a nice guy) if i want and dont have to worry about it not being "mean" enough to keep her interested.

Pasteton said:
thats why arranged marriages rock. I can be myself (a nice guy) if i want and dont have to worry about it not being "mean" enough to keep her interested.
Hah. And then if shes a whale, she doesnt have to worry about dieting because she can be herself and not worry about keeping you interested.

Rune_foh

shitlord
Ah the inevitable conclusion, who knew the Indians with their thousands of years of civilization had the right answer all along. Damn them, and their foresight.

Good thing they"re getting rid of that shit though, thanks to western...fuck.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
EmpireF4i said:
Hah. And then if shes a whale, she doesnt have to worry about dieting because she can be herself and not worry about keeping you interested.
Well no. I"d like to think most cultures with arranged marriages have clauses in there for disposal of fat bitch wives.

Double your dowry!

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Pasteton said:
See what I did there? So concerned about looking like a nice guy saying sweet things I was still doing it even after getting completely, suddenly broke off. I"d give anything to go back and tell her "thanks have a nice life, I"m looking forward to seeing others". It never pays to me the nice guy, even the ones who really are nice deep down ( i like to think i am), it doesn"t win you any love, just gains you friends.
"Nice guy" is too broad a description. If it means pushover, then yea, it never pays to be a pushover. Or a guy who has no self esteem and overcompensates by buying excessive gifts and showering a woman with affection before he knows her well, then yea, that doesn"t pay either. But if you mean nice as in the opposite of an asshole, then no, I don"t agree with you.

I"m incredibly nice, and helpful, and friendly...to people who deserve it. I loaned $500 to a friend having a bad month without more than the 2 seconds of thought it took to be sure she"d pay me back, and I also verbally tore another girl a new asshole because she was talking bad and making up lies about my friend--enough to make her run to everyone we know and talk about how mean I am for a week. In the same way, I am pretty helpful and kind in a relationship, but if a girl ever used the words "go get me..." we"d be having a little talk. I don"t think being "nice" and being willing to stand your ground are mutually exclusive.

I have always looked at relationships, whether friendships or romantic ones, as an exchange of goods. If I am putting in something, I expect to get something back. And no I"m not talking about "I drove you to work today, so now you owe me 1 ride" (I actually had a friend in college who did that...someone was in debt to him like 8 rides that he had counted over the year). I"m talking a broader sense.

You should only put in what you get out, or rationally expect to get out in the future.

If you follow that guideline, you will never be at risk of being the "nice guy" aka pussy. Everyone follows it for the most part in every other area of their life, but for some reason not with relationships. No one works a full time job for free (unless they expect it to improve, i.e. intern trying to get hired, startup company trying to build, etc). Yet guys will agree to be emotional doormats for ex-girlfriends while she is out looking for someone else, receiving nothing in return. And I"m not just talking about sex as a return.

To use Empire"s story as a example, his story isn"t one of him getting fucked over and having successful revenge by being an asshole. His is a story of a guy who stop getting value from someone, who then decided to also withdraw the value that he provided.

In your cast Pasteton, the ex decided she was no longer going to offer the closeness / affection / blah blah relationship stuff that she had provided, but your response was "okay, well I"ll still contribute what I always have contributed." And you are right, you shoulda said "ok, have a nice life, bye," but not because it would give you some feeling of victory or revenge or anything (I didn"t see that implied the your post, just making a point), but simply because you shouldn"t give value for nothing in return.

It"s the easiest thing in the world and makes life so so simple. "Am I really happy with what I am getting in return?" No? Sorry I"m withdrawing my value.