Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Alcestis said:
Put up the pictures and we"ll be the judge of whether you"ve just been duped by an extreme Myspace angler.
Righto, gonna keep the face out though. However in return, do you think that the date idea, given the value of the ticket, is somehow pretentious or smarmy or whatever? Keep in mind, I haven"t make any mention about the price or the quality of the seats, I just said "hey wanna go to an Oilers game on Friday?" and that was it.

There"s really not that many decent body shots of her on FB, which is why I"m suspicious. I just want to be clear though, my concern isn"t that she"s fat, she"s absolutely not. My concern is that she doesn"t conform to my admittedly ridiculously high standards, which in terms of a female"s body is an athletic body type (NOT skinny!). Anne for example was about 5"5" and 130-140lbs, and IMO could have stood to lose a bit, however it didn"t detract from my attraction to her. Although actually when I saw her out of the corner of my eye at folk fest, the cottage cheese looked to be getting a bit out of control.

First pic looks to have been added very recently. Second pic is nearly a year old. Almost all of the rest of her pics were from when she was traveling over a year ago, and that"s not really a fair point of reference. I think I put on 10lbs in 20 days in NZ, she was in Europe for months. Judging from the first pic we should have no big problems, I think she"s just not a very active FB user or doesn"t tag herself much. But she wouldn"t be my ideal body type either.

Regardless, I"m trying to not be such a shallow bastard about physical appearance. Especially since if I do end up dating this chick, I myself will get super fat probably.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
Ah, hard to tell. A year ago she looks fine, but the first pic... bleh. Those dumb tops with the elastic under the boobs and the fabric falling all over the place just makes women look pregnant. Unless they are, they shouldn"t be wearing "em. Not flattering and difficult to tell her body shape.

As for the price of the tickets: it depends. Some girls wouldn"t think twice about it/even notice, and some girls would certainly look at the value and feel obligated to give you mouth-to-ass. I"m not sure how it might come off as pretentious though. Itmightcome off as you throwing money around (again, depending on the girl). Chu is right: you"re calling to the wrong type of girl, because the golddiggersalwaysnotice things like that. Even better for them if you do it non-chalantly! I"m not saying to sit in the nosebleed section at Oilers games or anything like that, I"m just saying that even if you have the money/luck/jobperks - no first date, for any reason (and especially if you"re not even sure about her, damn), should "cost" $300.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Those dumb tops with the elastic under the boobs and the fabric falling all over the place just makes women look pregnant.
Fuck yes. Thank you. Can you start a public awareness campaign and get the word out to all the chicks who wear that shit? It makes their tits look horrible and that they"ve got a gut. They"re AWFUL.

no first date, for any reason (and especially if you"re not even sure about her, damn), should "cost" $300.
It"s not costing me anything, in terms of the date. Maybe dinner, unless she offers to pay. It"s a sunk cost. I have the tickets, I didn"t go out and buy them for the date. Were I not going to the game with her, I"d be going with someone else and not expecting anything back in return. And I wouldn"t want to use two of the cheaper seats, because I"d be trying to mack on a chick with two of my employees beside me, chances are.

But from what you"ve indicated, it"s not a big deal. I didn"t particularly think so, as it worked quite well with Xerxes, Chuck and Anne. Only one of which was a moderate digger.

Alcestis_foh

shitlord
No, Eomer. Don"t get me wrong. I said to some girls it "wouldn"t be a big deal", but to others (the kind I"d personally want to attract if I were a guy, anyway), such a thing would behuge. I know you didn"t pay for it, that"s why I put "cost" in quotes. Even if you retroactively explain to her the reason why, it"s hard to ignore a $200 on the ticket or restaurant bill, or whatever. Oh, also. I"d argue that it didn"t work well with any of those girls. As... well... ahem. *cough* If you"re worried about it, which I"d at least want to play it safe, say that you won the tickets off a radio show or were given the last-minute tickets by a friend whose wife forced him to stay at home. Make up a story so she doesn"t feel bad about accepting. "It"s a job perk" somehow... doesn"t do it. I don"t know. The whole thing sits badly with me, to be honest.

Can you start a public awareness campaign and get the word out to all the chicks who wear that shit?
Pfft, fuck that. More men for the girls who bother looking in a mirror to go around. It"s fashion Darwinism, and I"m not messing with that.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I"d argue that it didn"t work well with any of those girls. As... well... ahem. *cough*
lol, no shit the relationships didn"t work out, but the hockey tickets had nothing to do with any of those reasons. Although in hindsight, none were first dates. Anne I"d already hooked up with prior to leaving for Japan, and then right when I got back I"d met her and her friends at a bar and hooked up with her again, and I think the Oiler game was well, the 3rd time? I can"t really say it was the third date, technically it WAS the first time we"d done anything date like the two of us. Xerxes it was the 3rd or 4th time we"d hung out and we"d already hooked up. Chuck I had met on a ski trip but not messed around with other than some light cuddling, then we hooked up at my Christmas party, and once again our first "real" date was a hockey game.

Boy, that summary makes it look like I"ve been dating a string of sluts :/

The whole thing sits badly with me, to be honest.
Huh. Well I appreciate the insight then. It"s a little late to go back on it at this point, and I"m not going to lie about whether I have season"s seats or not, to me that would open a whole other can of worms should the relationship go anywhere.

I will however be careful not to make her feel like she owes me anything, or that I"m expecting anything past a fun evening (which culminates in ass to mouth).

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
"It"s a job perk"
Elaborate on your job Eomer, and about how you are so awesome at what you do, that a client hooked you up to go out with a lady of your choice. Come up with something clever, I"m drawing a blank right now because I"m not blazed. Sorry brah~

Heavens_Myst_foh

shitlord
Tyen said:
Elaborate on your job Eomer, and about how you are so awesome at what you do, that a client hooked you up to go out with a lady of your choice. Come up with something clever, I"m drawing a blank right now because I"m not blazed. Sorry brah~
this ones easy

James-Bond.jpg

James-Bond.jpg

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some people have dreams to be astronauts, or doctors, or some sort of professional sports player..

Not heavens_myst, No sir, he aspires to be.. Sutekh

I"m honored

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok, so posting for advice...

Ok, so last week I was a virgin... a 27 y/o virgin....
I started trying out online dating, and I kept hearing advice to "lower my standards" over and over and over...

Well, lower my standards I did... I talked to this girl a couple hours on the phone she plays WoW, then we met up in person, within an hour we were having sex.

The problems: She"s morbidly obese, I"d guess 150 pounds heavier than I am despite being 3 inches shorter. She has a kid from a previous marriage, she is on a metric fuckton of medications because evidently she is crazy (was hospitalized after wanting to kill her kid or something).

Ok, so now what do I do, I"ve known her for about a week and a half now. The problem is: She told me on the 2nd day that she loved me.... I don"t really love her back, nor do I even really want to keep dating her... but then again, sex with her WAS better than beating off...

Advice?

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>

Rica86_foh

shitlord
Do you have a hunchback or something? Born without flesh? I mean how the fuck bad do you have to look for the first choice at "lowering your standards" is a morbidly obese crazy bitch with a kid. I mean seriously.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rica86 said:
Do you have a hunchback or something? Born without flesh? I mean how the fuck bad do you have to look for the first choice at "lowering your standards" is a morbidly obese crazy bitch with a kid. I mean seriously.
Well I knew about the kid, and the fat part was obvious (assumed that she got fat from the kid, but she told me it was from the meds.. but the info about the crazy came later)...Oh, did I mention she is unemployed.

Anyways, other than being your average 27 y/o virgin (as of last week), I think I have most of my life together at this point.

I look decent, I have good hygiene, I don"t smoke, I"ve got nothing wrong with me mentally (ex: no OCD), I did 4 years in the Air Force as a Cryptologic Linguist, now for the past 16 months I"ve been working as an Air Traffic Controller. Hell, if the only problem a girl had... was that she was a gold-digger like some of the other girls in this thread, I could certainly live with that, hell in fact be happy with that.

Yes, I lowered my standards beyond what I felt comfortable with, but it was like.... "I have to start somewhere, oh well, fuck it I"m going for it". If anything I feel more bad about not sharing the same feelings about her as she does for me.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Another day, another epic post in this thread. Antarius you are one fucked up dude.