Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider

Things went pretty well last night. She was 20 minutes late as it was cold as fuck and instead of walking from her place (9 blocks or so), she drove to a parkade closer to where we were meeting that she could walk through pedways etc. She called at 7 and said she"d be a few minutes late, I didn"t much care as I was watching hockey and flirting with the waitress (she seemed to pick up on that when she arrived, as she made a couple comments about the waitress being weird or "different", when she was simply just being friendly). Conversation flowed really well, she"s obviously intelligent and can keep up her end of the deal in that respect.

I found out a lot more about her background, she certainly wasn"t shy talking about her marriage, divorce, and her subsequent re-entry in to the dating pool. She married at 21 to a guy 10 years older than her, and apparently after they were married the guy was totally "asexual." She claimed it was to the point where they had sex a couple times a year. When I asked why she stuck around, she said that she "really believes in marriage" and that you should work at it, which I actually agree with. She didn"t mean that you HAVE to get married, but that if you do you shouldn"t just cut and run if things aren"t perfect. Fair enough.

She found out the guy was cheating on her as the mistress left a love note tucked in to their bed. That was the final nail, but she"d suspected shit for awhile. They tried counselling for a month, the guy denied it claiming they were just friends, but apparently told Charlene he was going to go on a trip with her, at which point she got out.

There was the usual physical flirting, as well as talk of sex etc., she again wasn"t shy about admitting she"d been on a bit of a tear since her divorce. She laughingly said she"d never had a one night stand, because every time she"s tried the guy ends up calling her and she ends up dating him for a few months accidentally. It seemed like that was a reference to whoever she was involved with currently. She didn"t particularly mention anyone, however she had been texting a bit through the evening, and I snuck a bit of a look here and there and a couple were definitely back and forth with the guy, who"s name I saw as well. I only saw a couple snippets, one from him saying something about "I"m not expecting an answer..." and one she was typing saying that "it"s not that I"m mad..."

At one point she was talking about how she thought my brother and I were quite different (I don"t agree really, I think we"re damn near the same person personality wise), and when I asked how so she said that I was much more outgoing than him. I commented that my brother could be very outgoing and talkative outside of work, that he was kind of two different people. She disagreed, and said that she"d never see him asking her out after just meeting at a wedding as I did, and said that it was "ballsy" that I did. I laughed and said I didn"t think it was ballsy, all I did was send an email, and the conversation moved on. Later she mentioned that we"d actually met a couple years before at my bro"s place, to my surprise. I said I had no recollection of even the particular party she was talking about nor her, she said it wasn"t surprising since I was apparently pretty involved in an intense foosball game.

Walking back to her car after we were chatting about Betty, since I guess Betty does some modelling on the side and there were huge banners with her face on them in the mall we were walking through (turns out she has daughters, not sons, 18 and 16, who both work at the trendy restobar that Chuck does, meaning they"re smoking hot as well), and I inquired as to why the two of them flew solo to the wedding. Right away she said she was in "no position" with any guy to bring them to a wedding. So looks like the other guy isn"t much competition, at least at first blush.

So I walked her back to her car, and she gave me a lift back to my place since it was in the opposite direction. We both said we had a lot of fun, I said we"d have to do it again sometime, she said that I had her info, I gave her a quick peck on the lips, wished her luck with her encounter with the rabid hippies today, and that was that. Good times, I hope it goes somewhere. I wasn"t so sure about her personality, but one on one she was a lot of fun, I think she was just a bit overshadowed at the wedding by the very outgoing Betty.

Brad2770

Now that I have had one date with each of the women, here is what i think:

Winter- Looks wise, she has a smoking body. I dont care too much about her face, which is not ugly, but doesnt have features I like. Even though I am 6"1", I am still shorter than her.... She is 6"2". Our date was basic. Visited a couple of book stores, walked around a strip mall, played a game of giant chess (at the strip mall), got some Starbucks and when I took her back to her car, she wanted to talk more. So I ended up converting my car into the theatre and we watched a movie. She was VERY touchy-feely and tried for a kiss before she left. I denied her, played it off and said that there would be nothing to look forward to next time.... little does she know.

Evening- She is 5"1" and a little thick. She weighs 130, but still very cute. I think she has a much cuter face than Winter. I had dinner with her at Boston"s. I had great conversation with her, I love her hair and her eyes and there is seriously something about her. I really dont know what it was, but I hung on everything she said and couldnt take my eyes off of her. I cant figure her out. From some of what she has said, she seems like she used to be a party girl, but she seems very reserved. I am going to have fun figuring her out.

I have another date with Winter tonight. (I found out she rushed it because she wouldnt have another chance for a date until next weekend). Probably going to play Pool or Shuffleboard, then get some cheesecake and come back to my place for a movie. I think she wants to stay the night. Anyways, here is a pic of Winter- I thought I would follow the Eomer black spot. Makes me laugh... EDIT- Nah, Face Hugger is better.

Eomer said:
Things went pretty well last night. She was 20 minutes late as it was cold as fuck and instead of walking from her place (9 blocks or so), she drove to a parkade closer to where we were meeting that she could walk through pedways etc. She called at 7 and said she"d be a few minutes late, I didn"t much care as I was watching hockey and flirting with the waitress (she seemed to pick up on that when she arrived, as she made a couple comments about the waitress being weird or "different", when she was simply just being friendly). Conversation flowed really well, she"s obviously intelligent and can keep up her end of the deal in that respect.

I found out a lot more about her background, she certainly wasn"t shy talking about her marriage, divorce, and her subsequent re-entry in to the dating pool. She married at 21 to a guy 10 years older than her, and apparently after they were married the guy was totally "asexual." She claimed it was to the point where they had sex a couple times a year. When I asked why she stuck around, she said that she "really believes in marriage" and that you should work at it, which I actually agree with. She didn"t mean that you HAVE to get married, but that if you do you shouldn"t just cut and run if things aren"t perfect. Fair enough.

She found out the guy was cheating on her as the mistress left a love note tucked in to their bed. That was the final nail, but she"d suspected shit for awhile. They tried counselling for a month, the guy denied it claiming they were just friends, but apparently told Charlene he was going to go on a trip with her, at which point she got out.

There was the usual physical flirting, as well as talk of sex etc., she again wasn"t shy about admitting she"d been on a bit of a tear since her divorce. She laughingly said she"d never had a one night stand, because every time she"s tried the guy ends up calling her and she ends up dating him for a few months accidentally. It seemed like that was a reference to whoever she was involved with currently. She didn"t particularly mention anyone, however she had been texting a bit through the evening, and I snuck a bit of a look here and there and a couple were definitely back and forth with the guy, who"s name I saw as well. I only saw a couple snippets, one from him saying something about "I"m not expecting an answer..." and one she was typing saying that "it"s not that I"m mad..."

At one point she was talking about how she thought my brother and I were quite different (I don"t agree really, I think we"re damn near the same person personality wise), and when I asked how so she said that I was much more outgoing than him. I commented that my brother could be very outgoing and talkative outside of work, that he was kind of two different people. She disagreed, and said that she"d never see him asking her out after just meeting at a wedding as I did, and said that it was "ballsy" that I did. I laughed and said I didn"t think it was ballsy, all I did was send an email, and the conversation moved on. Later she mentioned that we"d actually met a couple years before at my bro"s place, to my surprise. I said I had no recollection of even the particular party she was talking about nor her, she said it wasn"t surprising since I was apparently pretty involved in an intense foosball game.

Walking back to her car after we were chatting about Betty, since I guess Betty does some modelling on the side and there were huge banners with her face on them in the mall we were walking through (turns out she has daughters, not sons, 18 and 16, who both work at the trendy restobar that Chuck does, meaning they"re smoking hot as well), and I inquired as to why the two of them flew solo to the wedding. Right away she said she was in "no position" with any guy to bring them to a wedding. So looks like the other guy isn"t much competition, at least at first blush.

So I walked her back to her car, and she gave me a lift back to my place since it was in the opposite direction. We both said we had a lot of fun, I said we"d have to do it again sometime, she said that I had her info, I gave her a quick peck on the lips, wished her luck with her encounter with the rabid hippies today, and that was that. Good times, I hope it goes somewhere. I wasn"t so sure about her personality, but one on one she was a lot of fun, I think she was just a bit overshadowed at the wedding by the very outgoing Betty.
Wait wait wait ... she was texting people while being out with you ? Im a pretty lax guy, I have no standards to speak of, I get along with everyone pretty much. But even I know .. that you dont pull shit like that when your out with someone. Tom leykis always had a great way for guys to deal with that. As soon as they start texting someone or they answer there cell phone while your on your date or whatnot .. you excuse yourself to the restroom and never come back. Now maybe its different for you, but thats still pretty bullshit she would text people while you two are supposedly having a conversation.

Shanter_foh

shitlord
I gotta agree, texting while on a date is low class. Next time she does it, just stop talking and wait for her to finish. That shit is impolite and she needs to know it.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Eomer said:
turns out she has daughters, not sons, 18 and 16, who both work at the trendy restobar that Chuck does
Hilarity will ensue.

Brad2770 said:
She was VERY touchy-feely and tried for a kiss before she left. I denied her, played it off and said that there would be nothing to look forward to next time.... little does she know.
Weirdo.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Brad said:
I denied her, played it off and said that there would be nothing to look forward to next time.... little does she know.
lol, honestly, you need to get over that phobia. It"s FUCKED UP.

Shanter said:
I gotta agree, texting while on a date is low class. Next time she does it, just stop talking and wait for her to finish. That shit is impolite and she needs to know it.
Oh I agree with you. When we were at the pub she didn"t check her phone once in the nearly two hours we were there, we had each other"s full attention (I took a call from one of my guys making a service call). However when we went to the concert venue, expecting the headliner to be on around 10ish, there was an opening act playing (Elias I think), and while they were pretty good neither of us knew who they were, so we alternated between yelling in each other"s ear, watching the show silently, and checking our phones periodically to respond to texts, check the Oiler"s game, that kind of thing. Neither of us were busting them out mid conversation, and considering how difficult it can be to have one while watching a concert I didn"t much mind as I was doing the same.

It"s not like she was barely involved in the conversation, tapping away on her phone while going "uh-huh" and I talked to myself.

Brekk said:
Hilarity will ensue.
Betty, who I"m not dating, has the daughters. I thought it was kind of funny and related it, because yes, hilarity could very much ensue with such a situation. I almost feel cheated I went for Charlene instead! When I asked why she hadn"t had kids in 10 years of marriage, her response was "it"s hard to have kids when you only fuck a couple times a year."

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Eomer said:
I almost feel cheated I went for Charlene instead!
This isn"t about you Eomer. This is about us, your choice means we missed out on the potential for some hilarious shit.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah texting while out on a first date is pretty unacceptable in my eyes too and wouldn"t be acceptable until much, MUCH later and even then, only a quick one here and there in cases where it may be needed. If a girl is out with me...she"s out with ME, not me and someone on her phone as well.

I would have done the same thing Shanter said, just stopped talking and waited for her to get done, I"ve done it multiple times and it gets the point across pretty damn quickly.

Edit--I guess in that circumstance it would"t be so bad, in your original post you made it sound like she was sending off texts throughout the whole night.

And I agree with Brekk, you need to think of us more when you make your decisions and stop being selfish and only thinking of yourself.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
^again, when she was texting, we weren"t talking or were only doing so periodically because the band was playing and it was difficult to have a conversation anyway, and I was doing the same.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I know, that"s why I threw in the edit, I started writing that post then was interrupted by customers while at work, then finished it while you guys had already replied.

Sounds like shit went well though, that"s awesome.

Zakas_foh

shitlord
lost said:
I always wondered how it"d be moving in with a girlfriend that likes to go out all the time (during the day - walk around sun time etc and at night - party etc) and a guy that likes to stay in and play computer some nights lol

computer = money saver!
it fucking sucks. =(

quse

the pupe
Brad2770 said:
Even though I am 6"1", I am still shorter than her.... She is 6"2". Our date was basic.
Honestly, I have to give her props for not having a problem with dating/being with a shorter male. I"m not an amazon by any stretch of the mind (5"10") but being with a male who is shorter gives me a crazy giant complex that I haven"t been able to see past. I"ve dated a couple guys who have been the same height or an inch shorter and I feel like a fucking giant. Regardless of how they are or how well we"ve meshed it"s just really something I"ve never been able to get past.

Really though, kudos to her (and you, even though you really didn"t mention how much the height bothers/doesn"t bother you) for not having a problem with it. I can"t tell you how much I would kill to not have that issue - although, I"ve met and been with a guy who is ~5" taller than me and I"ve accepted never getting over that hump =)

All the best! I hope it works out.

Brad2770

quse said:
Honestly, I have to give her props for not having a problem with dating/being with a shorter male. I"m not an amazon by any stretch of the mind (5"10") but being with a male who is shorter gives me a crazy giant complex that I haven"t been able to see past.
She wore heels last night too.

Had dinner at a nice Italian place in Southlake, Met one of my friends for Fooseball and drinks and came back to my place and watched Robot Chicken. Went to bed and fucked dem titties and she sucked my dick.

Winter is awesome.

As for working out, not really looking for things to work out. Just having fun, plus Evening has me captivated. I think she is going to be difficult to impress.

I would never date a girl taller than me, ever. I guess that is convenient for me since I"m 6"9", but one time I was in Walmart and a 6"11" girl came and asked me out. I might have said yes.... but she weighed about 100 lbs, I kid you not it was gross.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wtf 6"9 you"re freakishly tall, I would be AFRAID if you dated anyone taller then you.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Mcpickle Deluxe said:
I would never date a girl taller than me, ever. I guess that is convenient for me since I"m 6"9", but one time I was in Walmart and a 6"11" girl came and asked me out. I might have said yes.... but she weighed about 100 lbs, I kid you not it was gross.
Who would you date taller than you, Shaquille O"Neal? Homo.

Dianetics08_foh

shitlord
Ok, so this is a bit of a different question/situation than most of the thread, but I think it still fits. Bit of a backstory first, I"ve been with my girlfriend for about 6 weeks now. We are both college sophomores and she is my first real girlfriend. We both really like and care for each other, to the point that I know I at least want to say the L word. I just don"t know if it"s too early or not.

3-4 weeks ago, she got really drunk (to the point where she was sick) and kept telling me she loved me. We talked about it the next day and agreed that it was too early for that and it was just the drunken "I love everybody" part of her saying it. A couple weeks later, we went to a party and this time I got way too drunk. As I was praying to the porcelain altar, she let an "I love you" slip. She was drunk, but a lot less than I was. I never brought that up and we have just ignored that it happened.

Is it too early in the relationship? My friends have been pretty useless in helping me, none of them have ever loved a girl, but I"m pretty sure I do. Any input?

Lenaldo_foh

shitlord
Dianetics08 said:
Ok, so this is a bit of a different question/situation than most of the thread, but I think it still fits. Bit of a backstory first,I"ve been with my girlfriend for about 6 weeks now.We are both college sophomores andshe is my first real girlfriend. We both really like and care for each other, to the point that I know I at least want to say the L word. I just don"t know if it"s too early or not.

3-4 weeks ago, she got really drunk (to the point where she was sick) and kept telling me she loved me. We talked about it the next day and agreed that it was too early for that and it was just the drunken "I love everybody" part of her saying it. A couple weeks later, we went to a party and this time I got way too drunk. As I was praying to the porcelain altar, she let an "I love you" slip. She was drunk, but a lot less than I was. I never brought that up and we have just ignored that it happened.

Is it too early in the relationship? My friends have been pretty useless in helping me,none of them have ever loved a girl, but I"m pretty sure I do. Any input?
You don"t love this girl. You are excited that some girl is willing to let you put your penis inside of her(albeit not yet). This is your first relationsihp... 6 weeks is NOTHING. Hell, most guys go on 6 week benders with booty call girls before calling it off(generally when the sex gets stale).

Honestly... 6 weeks?! You are in lust with her... you want to pound her vagina real hard and that is skewing your feelings.

The best way to know if you love a girl is right after having sex with her(assuming you have been dating for a year+). This way you are thinking completely with only one head.

God damn, how did you get to college and still have these middle school / high school feelings for girls?! My guess is that she is in the same boat - never had a "good" relationship before and is more excited about the idea than you.