Girls who broke your heart thread

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
arkk123 said:
If you were so proud of being in a situation where you will be divorced oropenlyunhappy within the next 10 years, then my comments wouldn"t bother you. I can assure you that I am not bothered by anything that you say
Yeah yeah, heard it all before dickhead. My marriage will never last a year. Then 2 years. Then 3 years, then 5 years, then 10 years. Now it"s 20. Shit, by the time I"m 90, I"m sure to be single. Yeah, I fucking get it. You"re fucking wise beyond your years for knowing everything about everyone else because you bench press 400lbs and fuck supermodels all day. Of course, you also seem to spend a lot of time trolling a MMO message board, so maybe you"re not as cool as you seem to have the opinion that you are.

If I "only" get 20 years out of my marriage, that"s still 17 years longer than you"ve managed to get out of anything, so shut the fuck up.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
TheCutlery said:
Yeah yeah, heard it all before dickhead. My marriage will never last a year. Then 2 years. Then 3 years, then 5 years, then 10 years. Now it"s 20. Shit, by the time I"m 90, I"m sure to be single. Yeah, I fucking get it. You"re fucking wise beyond your years for knowing everything about everyone else because you bench press 400lbs and fuck supermodels all day. Of course, you also seem to spend a lot of time trolling a MMO message board, so maybe you"re not as cool as you seem to have the opinion that you are.

If I "only" get 20 years out of my marriage, that"s still 17 years longer than you"ve managed to get out of anything, so shut the fuck up.
lmao

nuke2r.jpg

Erumaron

ResetEra Staff Member
Thought this pertinent to this thread. A friend of mine has been linking stuff from some okcupid blog. They apparently have been compiling and analyzing data on top of running the whole dating site thing. Here"s two of the more interesting ones.

Online Dating Advice: Exactly What To Say In A First Message ? OkTrends
Online Dating Advice: Optimum Message Length ? OkTrends

And some other random interesting ones...

Your Race Affects Whether People Write You Back ? OkTrends
How Races and Religions Match in Online Dating ? OkTrends
Rape Fantasies and Hygiene By State ? OkTrends

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Erumaron said:
Thought this pertinent to this thread. A friend of mine has been linking stuff from some okcupid blog. They apparently have been compiling and analyzing data on top of running the whole dating site thing. Here"s two of the more interesting ones.

Online Dating Advice: Exactly What To Say In A First Message ? OkTrends
Online Dating Advice: Optimum Message Length ? OkTrends

And some other random interesting ones...

Your Race Affects Whether People Write You Back ? OkTrends
How Races and Religions Match in Online Dating ? OkTrends
Rape Fantasies and Hygiene By State ? OkTrends
People are making fistfuls of cash everyday on the internet lumping people in one spot and gathering statistical information.

Dianetics08_foh

shitlord
kegkilla said:
i read a few more posts and i get the feeling she got burned in her last relationship and is still suffering the effects, just a hunch.
She broke up with her last boyfriend towards the beginning of the summer (was an 8 month relationship). The dude is a controlling douche, was accusing her of cheating on him because she would be IM"ing multiple people and not instantly responding to him. So she didn"t really get burned, she even dated another guy briefly between (for a few weeks), but it was just a summer fling thing. I do kinda believe that she has some emotional thing going on, not that I"ve seen anything. It"s just that her last boyfriend sucked so much, not in a cool way either. He was chunky, definitely not great looking, he cries pretty damn often for a dude, and was overly controlling of her. Despite him being such a loser, she dated him for 8 months.

I"ll definitely be waiting a while, at least till the 3 month mark. But if she says it first, while sober, I"m guessing I should say it back even though I have doubts about how pure of a feeling it is?

Ortega_foh

shitlord
Dianetics08 said:
She broke up with her last boyfriend towards the beginning of the summer (was an 8 month relationship). The dude is a controlling douche, was accusing her of cheating on him because she would be IM"ing multiple people and not instantly responding to him. So she didn"t really get burned, she even dated another guy briefly between (for a few weeks), but it was just a summer fling thing. I do kinda believe that she has some emotional thing going on, not that I"ve seen anything. It"s just that her last boyfriend sucked so much, not in a cool way either. He was chunky, definitely not great looking, he cries pretty damn often for a dude, and was overly controlling of her. Despite him being such a loser, she dated him for 8 months.

I"ll definitely be waiting a while, at least till the 3 month mark. But if she says it first, while sober, I"m guessing I should say it back even though I have doubts about how pure of a feeling it is?
I love reading posts like this. Let"s be honest man, you hate the previous guy for no other reason then that he"s been with her. Other then that you are following hear say from a Vagina which bias"s the greatest of minds. When you say you believe she has an "emotional thing" you mean she does wierd crazy shit that you can"t rationalize no matter how you think about it I"m sure.

Sorry to burst your bubble but she sounds like an attention whore. I have a feeling you"ll be the overly emotional controlling guy in a few months when she"s off chatting to some other intriguing fellow because she"s bored of you. Hopefully I"m wrong, but if that does happen cut ties and don"t be like the other guy!!

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
Ortega said:
I love reading posts like this. Let"s be honest man, you hate the previous guy for no other reason then that he"s been with her. Other then that you are following hear say from a Vagina which bias"s the greatest of minds. When you say you believe she has an "emotional thing" you mean she does wierd crazy shit that you can"t rationalize no matter how you think about it I"m sure.

Sorry to burst your bubble but she sounds like an attention whore. I have a feeling you"ll be the overly emotional controlling guy in a few months when she"s off chatting to some other intriguing fellow because she"s bored of you. Hopefully I"m wrong, but if that does happen cut ties and don"t be like the other guy!!
Well if she"s an attention whore he can bait her with a little interest then blow her off, some of them will crawl and do anything to avoid the feeling of rejection itself. Then after the fun"s done toss her

Ortega said:

Seriously. The guy"s probably an alright dude, but you"ve only heard her insanely biased side of the story so don"t be so quick to judge. Guys do this often with women they"re dating and their ex"s, and it"s bullshit.

Women are the best at being manipulative bitches, don"t let them ruin your opinion of someone solely based on their overzealous/overly dramatic re-telling of the story of their relationship. Whenever some chick tells me all the crazy/stupid/mean shit their ex"s did I just change the subject because no one gives a shit about her ex(s) and she needs to let it go.

Plus it"s annoying because that conversation always leads into them asking me about my ex"s and talking about past relationships is about as fun as shooting myself in the foot.

Ortega_foh

shitlord
Meh I actually enjoy the stories in a sense. It gives you an idea or who the person is. If they talk a lot of shit about their ex it shows they"re either A) not over them, or B) don"t respect previous lovers (aka attention whore who gets bored quick and was just with them for entertainment). I realize any relationship that ends is going to end badly, but let"s face facts, after you"ve had time to heal you don"t bad mouth your EX"s constantly out of the blue, sure if prodded we may say "Yea she was a fucking bitch", but we all hold some sentiment deep down for the ones we truly had feelings for.

Another thing I like to do is focus in on their story about the EX and wonder why.... How many men do you know that cry easily? My first girlfriend would say I was overly emotional, and to an extent I was, but because she was lieing to me at every turn and I wanted to believe/hoped that she really cared (we all know how the first love fucks with your mind). The fact of the matter is it takes two to fuck up a relationship. I"m sure the guy mentioned in the previous post was emotional, but emotions show he had a strong attachment. She was probably talking to other people (guys) just as she hinted and not giving him the attention he deserved out of a relationship and I"m sure the harder he fought the more she rebelled. It"s a common theme with the attention whores.

Rica86_foh

shitlord
I"ll never understand the whole debate on saying "I love you". To me, they are just three words, nothing of much importantance. They have 2 "real" uses... one being an arbritary way of saying good bye at times to family members. The other being whats going on here. The only reason you are saying it to someone else is to try to make them and/or yourself feel better about the relationship. I don"t put stock in saying them ever in a relationship, I figure if you want to say them, go for it. Who cares. It"s not like your relationship hinges on stating you love them, and if you think it does (or fuck if really does)... then you really don"t and haven"t had your world crushed beneath you yet. If you really think stating the words to the other person matters, you are naive. I almost envy you. But I don"t. I know if you are really in good relationship, if you want to call that a loving relationship then more power to you, then it doesn"t matter if you say the shit or not. I wouldn"t put myself in the ultra cynical "love is dead" or anything category but I"m also not some bright eyed hopeless romantic anymore. All I"m saying is don"t let 3 words define your relationship, it should do it itself.

As to the guys original question, best bet is to not worry about. I wouldn"t say anything, if you guys have something you do, if you don"t... saying it won"t change anything. My best advice is buy some good liquor and get ready to type us a nice wall of text in this thread sometime in the future from the sounds of it. (Edit: I am saying this last part half sarcasticly, if it didn"t come out that way. Re-read the last part, and I just sounded like a total ass.)

Dianetics08_foh

shitlord
Ok, so I will admit I don"t like him for the obvious reason that he is the ex, but I still think objectively that she was out of his league. She doesn"t hate on him really, they are still friends, she just says that he was too controlling as a boyfriend. The only times she has complained about him was when she explained why they broke up and then if he acts like a dick towards her (which I suppose could be her spinning what really happened, but I"m fairly confident it isn"t). Here is the story I was told as to why they broke up: spring semester ended so they mainly talked to each other through IM"s. If she didn"t respond immediately to one of his IM"s, he would say stuff like "Why are you talking with somebody else? Am I not good enough?" and then one time when she was talking with one of her guy friends, he said "So are you gonna go and fuck him now?". That"s when she decided to end things. I"m willing to believe he was too controlling, especially since her roomie/best friend gave me a talking to about not controlling my gf and monopolizing her time like the ex did.

I don"t irrationally hate all her ex"s, I"ve actually talked with the other ex and thought he was pretty cool. It"s not like I feel threatened by either of the ex"s or anything like that. And if I"m drunk, I hope to be doing something better with my time than crying on the internet.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
It"s always entertaining to find out how many hardasses are really crybabies when their ex"s sell them up river.

Lenaldo_foh

shitlord
Dianetics08 said:
Ok, so I will admit I don"t like him for the obvious reason that he is the ex, but I still think objectively that she was out of his league. She doesn"t hate on him really, they are still friends, she just says that he was too controlling as a boyfriend. The only times she has complained about him was when she explained why they broke up and then if he acts like a dick towards her (which I suppose could be her spinning what really happened, but I"m fairly confident it isn"t). Here is the story I was told as to why they broke up: spring semester ended so they mainly talked to each other through IM"s. If she didn"t respond immediately to one of his IM"s, he would say stuff like "Why are you talking with somebody else? Am I not good enough?" and then one time when she was talking with one of her guy friends, he said "So are you gonna go and fuck him now?". That"s when she decided to end things. I"m willing to believe he was too controlling, especially since her roomie/best friend gave me a talking to about not controlling my gf and monopolizing her time like the ex did.

I don"t irrationally hate all her ex"s, I"ve actually talked with the other ex and thought he was pretty cool. It"s not like I feel threatened by either of the ex"s or anything like that. And if I"m drunk, I hope to be doing something better with my time than crying on the internet.
Sounds like her ex was ready for a more mature relationship and shes just interested in a fuck buddy. I always hated the friends of a girl trying to tell you not to monopolize her time; as if someone can control another person. They never realize its their friend that is choosing to spend time with their boyfriend instead of their girlfriends.

And if shes the one telling her friends "OMG HE WONT LET ME HANG OUT WITH YOU" then shes a fucking bitch. To me she sounds like she needs a few years of growing up before shes ready for a "real" relationship. Nothing is wrong with this, shes in college, this is the time for her to fuck up relationships - its a learning experience.

Honestly bro, you are head over heals for her. Just the line "but I still think objectively that she was out of his league" is proof enough. News flash, she was fucking the shit outa his dick for awhile so apparently she didnt think she was outa his league.. especially when she was gargling on his cum while it oozed off her chin onto her breasts.

Why do i say that? Because you are putting her on some fucking pedestal that she doesn"t need to be on. You are going to build her up to be this perfect girl in your mind and then when she decides she"s is bored of you it is going to rip your heart out and youw ill be back on here asking us "HOW DO I WIN HER BACK".

Not that it matters what i say.... everyone always does the same thing with their first relationship. I can"t stress enough that this situation is not unique; you did not find your soul mate; you are not perfect together. No two people are perfect for each other, its all about finding someone you enjoy being around and then making it work. Of course, it will only work if BOTH people are interested in a long-term relationship... and a girl that has friends bitching about her time being monopolized is NOT ready. If her friends are that immature she probably is too.

Enjoy the ride, i"m not saying it will definitely come to a horrible end, but it probably will. I personally think you would be better off preparing yourself for the end instead of living in some fantasy world where you think you just met the most amazing girl ever. Not only will it allow you to get over her when the time comes, but it will probably prolong the relationship since she won"t feel as if she conquered you.

But what do i know, i cant possibly fathom the feelings you guys have for each other. How she looks at you, or makes you feel. Its a match made in heaven, right? Straight out of a disney movie. Keep rationalizing with yourself. You seem like a nice guy, try not to get burned or you wil be as jaded as the rest of us!

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lenaldo said:
Sounds like her ex was ready for a more mature relationship and shes just interested in a fuck buddy. I always hated the friends of a girl trying to tell you not to monopolize her time; as if someone can control another person. They never realize its their friend that is choosing to spend time with their boyfriend instead of their girlfriends.

And if shes the one telling her friends "OMG HE WONT LET ME HANG OUT WITH YOU" then shes a fucking bitch. To me she sounds like she needs a few years of growing up before shes ready for a "real" relationship. Nothing is wrong with this, shes in college, this is the time for her to fuck up relationships - its a learning experience.

Honestly bro, you are head over heals for her. Just the line "but I still think objectively that she was out of his league" is proof enough. News flash, she was fucking the shit outa his dick for awhile so apparently she didnt think she was outa his league.. especially when she was gargling on his cum while it oozed off her chin onto her breasts.

Why do i say that? Because you are putting her on some fucking pedestal that she doesn"t need to be on. You are going to build her up to be this perfect girl in your mind and then when she decides she"s is bored of you it is going to rip your heart out and youw ill be back on here asking us "HOW DO I WIN HER BACK".

Not that it matters what i say.... everyone always does the same thing with their first relationship. I can"t stress enough that this situation is not unique; you did not find your soul mate; you are not perfect together. No two people are perfect for each other, its all about finding someone you enjoy being around and then making it work. Of course, it will only work if BOTH people are interested in a long-term relationship... and a girl that has friends bitching about her time being monopolized is NOT ready. If her friends are that immature she probably is too.

Enjoy the ride, i"m not saying it will definitely come to a horrible end, but it probably will. I personally think you would be better off preparing yourself for the end instead of living in some fantasy world where you think you just met the most amazing girl ever. Not only will it allow you to get over her when the time comes, but it will probably prolong the relationship since she won"t feel as if she conquered you.

But what do i know, i cant possibly fathom the feelings you guys have for each other. How she looks at you, or makes you feel. Its a match made in heaven, right? Straight out of a disney movie. Keep rationalizing with yourself. You seem like a nice guy, try not to get burned or you wil be as jaded as the rest of us!
qft

Brad2770

Lenaldo said:
If youre not careful, Dianetics, youre going to turn out like me. I am proof this happens. You do not want to be like me.

Ortega_foh

shitlord
Dianetics08 said:

Hehe, this is what I love about us homo sapiens! We always think were the smartest one on the block. I know we"re giving you a lot of shit dude, but do you really think after chatting on messenger the guy was just all the sudden like "YO BITCH WTF YOU FUCKING HIM NOW HO!!!???" Probably not........ I"d say it"s more likely he began to see signs and the more he questioned things the more "controlling" she declared him. It really is a tough spot to be in, you know something is awry, but you"re afraid to question anything because the bitch doesn"t care and every time you do it creates more problems. Obviously a veteran in the relationship world would know to pack up and leave, but from the sounds of it her EX really really liked her and didn"t want to let go.

The fact of the matter is in a decent relationship where you even half way give a fuck about each other if something bothers the other person you should be able to bring it up without being labeled "controlling" or being shrugged off and you should be able to at least find a middle place somewhere in there. Sure there will be times of sacrifice in a long relationship, but if you"re in the first year and you say "hey that really bothers me." and they pretty much tell you to fuck off, you need to ask yourself it that is something you"re cool with for the rest of the relationship and if not walk away.

chu_foh

shitlord
You guys are being too tough on Dianetics; there"s nothing wrong with telling her that you love her...if that"s really how you feel.

Just don"t go buying her expensive shit, moving in together, buying a puppy together and barebacking her while she"s not on the pill. Given that it"s your first serious relationship there"s a high chance it"s just going to end up as your stepping stone experience.