Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
lol, so which is it: raging arrogant overconfident asshole, or nerd crippled by lack of self confidence? Make up your minds gents!

I wish I had a decent physique, I"m at least 5-8% body fat away from a six pack.

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eomer said:
lol, so which is it: raging arrogant overconfident asshole, or nerd crippled by lack of self confidence? Make up your minds gents!

I wish I had a decent physique, I"m at least 5-8% body fat away from a six pack.
I never said you were a nerd because you aren"t.

chu_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:

Neither. You"re an insecure, not so good looking guy that relies on money to keep slutty gold-digging whores around until they realize that you just aren"t worth it and the sooner you realize it, the better.

Eomer said:
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
lol, I shouldn"t take the bait any further but hell, why not? I didn"t inherit anything. I have bought my dad out fair and square for fair market value. We even hired KPMG to do the valuation. Would someone off the street have the same opportunity? Of course not, it"s a private company. However the company in the past 5-6 years since my bro and I have been largely operating it has made more money than it did in the 20 years previous (about 10-15 million in profit, pre-tax). I tendered all that work, and my bro ran most of it (and I designed the mechanical systems in a good portion of it). This isn"t some massive company where you can be a figurehead and everything is actually managed and done by the peons below. Outside of my bro and I, for most of those years there was only another project manager and a purchaser working in the office, along with a book-keeper and receptionist.

I don"t for a second think that my grandfather, father and uncle"s hard work in the previous 40 years of it"s operation had nothing to do with our recent success. Were it not for them and the reputation they built and the relationships they cultivated we obviously wouldn"t be in the position we are. That said, we are basically the gold standard for mid-sized mechanical contractors in our area, people give us work not because we"re the cheapest but because we"re the best (most construction contractors can barely tie their own shoelaces, and their lifespan is measured in months, not decades). Along with the only non-family partner who works as a foreman on our largest projects, my bro and I have worked our asses off to continue keeping our family name as one of the most respected in the construction industry here. I"m damn proud of what I"ve accomplished, even if by virtue of my birth and family I had a huge leg up on most other people.

I"d say I don"t give a shit what you think, but that"s betrayed by the existence of this post. But for whatever it"s worth, I know for a fact that I"ve earned what I have and that nothing was ever just handed to me. I still distinctly remember not long after I dropped out of University sitting at the dinner table with my dad and mom, and my dad making an offhanded comment that he didn"t think that I was cut out for the business (for whatever reason). I still use that memory and feeling as motivation from time to time, to prove him wrong. And considering how well the company has done under my bro and I"s direction, I"ve proven the point several times over.

tldr: go fuck yourself, what have you achieved?
I can"t answer for chu but the first thing that came to my mind was

"Apparently the two things which your 10M profit last year couldn"t buy you - love and happiness".

I guess if money is what"s important to you/defines you as succesful great. It wasn"t a company you built from the ground up and though I didn"t pay attention much in corporate law it doesn"t really sound like you had to raise your own capital to buy your parents out. You had a major leg up so ....what have you really even accomplished?

You bought your parents company using the headstart/money they gave you and you"re using that as your identity. I"m Eomer I make x dollars a year take trips here and there and fuck super models. My parents company did x so I bought it and did x a little better.

Awesome. But who are you? I"m not actually trolling. I don"t think you have the faintest idea who you are, only what you are and that"s made of money. Which is not really a product of something thats entirely you - its part of a family legacy.

No wonder you have no self confidence and don"t know what you want.

I"m a published author. I wrote briefs for petition for cert to the US Supreme Court as a 1L. I have an absurdly high IQ. I was recently courted by an employer that gets hundreds of thousands of applications per year and hires less than 2% of people that they themselves even recruit. Today I was the only non-C level employee company wide invited to a lessons learned from my company"s acquisition by a major defense contractor. With 1.5 years in the industry. I"m 180k in student loan and other debt. I"m overweight.

None of this shit is who I am, its what I am. And thats what I"ve accomplished - knowing who I am, knowing what I am, and knowing the difference between the two.

chu said:
Neither. You"re an insecure, not so good looking guy that relies on money to keep slutty gold-digging whores around until they realize that you just aren"t worth it and the sooner you realize it, the better.
He defines himself based on money so until he stops doing that he"s only going to attract people with the same set of values/valuation system. *shrug*

He can"t love himself because he doesn"t know who he is so how can anyone else love him?

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good posts Etoille, honestly...

but I had to make this sig from your post. I will delete it once you laugh about it and tell your rl friends "Ho ho that arkk is quite the joker!!"

Dianetics08_foh

shitlord
I don"t know how I feel about "kissing her no matter what" next time we hang out. I"d certainly like to, but I don"t think I have the balls to just kiss her if I don"t get some strong signals that she wants to. But if not the next time we see each other, we will both be going to the same party on friday night and I have no doubt the drunken me will have no qualms about putting the moves on her. Still, good to hear that you guys think she"s into me, will be a definite boost to my confidence.

chu_foh

shitlord
Etoille said:
He defines himself based on money so until he stops doing that he"s only going to attract people with the same set of values/valuation system. *shrug*

He can"t love himself because he doesn"t know who he is so how can anyone else love him?
That"s pretty much it. I"ve tried to point to him on multiple times but he hasn"t gotten it. The worst part is that he doesn"t realize it; he believes he doesn"t flaunt his wealth and that he"s a modest guy but it"s far from the through.

What"s worst is that the type of company he runs has to be pretty much run by a drooling idiot to not do well in Alberta"s economy. And starting off with a family-run company where his father built a solid foundation...well buddy you didn"t do jack fucking shit. But keep thinking that you did if that makes you sleep all cozy at night.

What have I done? Well I"ll give you one bit that can probably overshadow every little fucking thing that you"ve done in your miserable fake existance. I told my conservative Eastern european parents that I suck dick and love it. I"ve got more fucking balls in my left fucking fingernail than you ever will in your entire fucking life.

Fucking chew on that as you try to figure out how to fucking drop off a handbag to what looks like a pretty attractive girl.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Etoille said:

Shits deep.

Dianetics08 said:
I don"t know how I feel about "kissing her no matter what" next time we hang out. I"d certainly like to, but I don"t think I have the balls to just kiss her if I don"t get some strong signals that she wants to.
MAN THE FUCK UP

Arkk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Stoerm said:
A lot of hot man-on-man action going on here. You fuckers are gonna turn me gay.
Yeah chu radiates that shit. He has an aura, its purple.

But a gay dude bashing you is like a combo of man and woman because they hold street cred with both sexes, it is middle ground, so you get like both sexes rolled into one owning you in combined fashion.

So your in a HVAC mechanical ?

I work at an industrial supply shop. We deal with nothing but Hvac"s and power plants and the like.

Mechanicals the bane of the industry, always complain about prices so they go to the Fergusons and other super huge chains .. and then come back and complain about the service ..when we say we offer better server they say .. can you get it cheaper than ferguson ... we say no .. then they spit in your face .. fuck um all.

Nothing personal :p

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Dianetics08 said:
I don"t know how I feel about "kissing her no matter what" next time we hang out. I"d certainly like to, but I don"t think I have the balls to just kiss herif I don"t get some strong signalsthat she wants to. But if not the next time we see each other, we will both be going to the same party on friday night and I have no doubt the drunken me will have no qualms about putting the moves on her. Still, good to hear that you guys think she"s into me, will be a definite boost to my confidence.
The signal you want to look for when you meet her is: hair teasing when talking to you, bashfullness, touching you gently, hitting you when you tease her, or anything else that shows even the faintest hint of nervousness around you.

But the bottom line is that the bolded part is what holds every man back, and you can be every man and wait for her to invite it, or you can be the guy with balls that does what he wants. And the secret is, if you are #2, you don"t need an invitation.

When I first forced this strategy on myself I actually blacked out in the instant I made the move. I went from yelling at myself in my head "DO IT" and the next thing I know I"m kissing her. In retrospect I was usually terrified. Never regretted it once though, even the one time I was flat out denied. But I regret not doing it plenty of times. You got the statement of interest from her. The only way that is not a statement of interest is if she"s a shameless attention whore, and you can probably answer that question easilly.

Eomer, you"re still responding to trolls.

Etoille, you"re busting on Eomer for talking about his money and business and all that shit, but EVERY single god damn post I read from you, no matter what topic or subforum, every single post you talk about how awesome you are at your job and how everyone loves you and everyone wants to hire you. I was reading the "dont go to law school" post a couple weeks ago and remember thinking "damn, this bitch never shuts up about herself." Fuck you even did it here. You disguised it by stating 2 negatives that everyone knows about you anyway, but the obvious purpose of the post is to say your stupid achievements again. I actually get LESS of that impression from eomer.

chu post summary said:
HEY GUYS IM GAY
Glad to see chu stickin to what works in his posts

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
chu said:
Tell us about your life Dabamf. You could be anything you want; it"d be interesting what bullshit you"d make up.
He"s the coveted ladies" man who"s on the other end of his girlfriend"s leash.

Stratos_foh

shitlord
woah woah woah. why are we tearing down eomer and trying to reduce his confidence? the goal is to improve his game. false confidence or not, who the fuck cares. confidence is confidence.

dianetics: GO FOR IT MAN. if she denies you, shrug it off, and continue watching the masterpiece that is the Lion King. akuna matata dude, akuna mahfuckin tata

brad: good luck.

Stoerm_foh

shitlord
It"s the Holidays. It makes people bitter. I know what it takes to run a business Eomer, fuck the haters. You admitted your lucky circumstances, going from there to where you are is not an accident.

Six-pack bodyfat comment was pretty funny though. 8%? Try again =p

Happy Holidays dumbshits. PS - don"t get married unless it"s for kids. Fuck you Tyen, don"t mod me bro!

If you"re single, pay attention: later in life, you"re not going to be like "I wish I hadn"t come on so strong". You won"t even remember those girls, if that happens. All of your regrets will be "I wish I would have made a move". So do it; you only get one time around.

Lusiphur_foh

shitlord
Much as I do think Eomer needs to chill a bit if he is going to be more of a hit with the ladies the dogpile on to him has been ridiculous. It"s a bunch of useless posters trying to provoke a reaction. Ignore em.
Real advice ? Just fucking do it. Meet the girl hand the bag over, try and strike up a conversation and if she"s interested it will be pretty fucking obvious. Don"t "prep" a bunch of shit to say, DO NOT under any circumstances make a joke of the Mom trying to fix you up and if its going well make sure you control the time and place of the next meeting.

Stoerm_foh

shitlord
If you care too much about the outcome with a girl encounter, it"s blown before it"s started ala the current Eomer scenario. I"m sure that has been covered 100x in the thread. Did anyone come up with a solution to this problem, or is it just a personality thing?