Girls who broke your heart thread

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Zinke said:
Umm, Robin Hood would have straight fucked you up, bitch.

In all seriousness, placing any kind of stigma on someone for a name their parent"s chose is a bit short sighted. I mean, short of a girl being named "Dick" I can"t imagine of many names that I"d have a problem with. Plus, if they were actually named Dick, or some other overly masculine name, they"d most likely have developed a complex and become a lesbian anyway.
I wonder how many people have a stigma towards their own name? I fucking hate mine, with a passion. Have since about first grade. Doesn"t help that I"ve met about 2 people in my life with it, doesn"t help that I only know of less than a handful, and doesn"t help that it sounds/rhymes with other more common, less annoying fucking names. It gets more aggravating as I age too, because no matter how clearly you speak it, everyone fucks it up anyway, and by this point, I just don"t give a shit anymore. 15 letters between my first and my last name and I"ve gotta spell them both out for everyone every time I do anything over the phone or order anything or whatever. Just getting fucking old.

Oddly enough, when I became a parent, I remembered this, and tried to give my kid a name that was straightforward and easily handled, but everyone fucks that up too...relatives moreso than anyone. Man does that piss you off when your fucking mother and grandmother steadfastly refuse to call the kid the name you fucking gave her and instead insert extra letters to make the name what they think it ought to be.

Holy shit I"m crabby. I need a nap.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
mean, short of a girl being named "Dick" I can"t imagine of many names that I"d have a problem with.
I dunno, I have yet to know a single hot, or even remotely decent looking Wilma, Regina, Norma, Virginia, or Peggy. I"m sure they are out there but they aren"t names you commonly see with hotness.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
AladainAF said:
I dunno, I have yet to know a single hot, or even remotely decent looking Wilma, Regina, Norma, Virginia, or Peggy. I"m sure they are out there but they aren"t names you commonly see with hotness.
Wilma Flintstone? Peggy Bundy? You certainly did not watch the same TV I did growing up.

Lemeran

Lord Nagafen Raider
TheCutlery said:
Oddly enough, when I became a parent, I remembered this, and tried to give my kid a name that was straightforward and easily handled, but everyone fucks that up too...relatives moreso than anyone. Man does that piss you off when your fucking mother and grandmother steadfastly refuse to call the kid the name you fucking gave her and instead insert extra letters to make the name what they think it ought to be.

Holy shit I"m crabby. I need a nap.
You named her kate didn"t you?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Dabamf said:
giggity giggity, lesbians!
It might just be that for whatever reason she feels a particular attraction to you and not most other men. I know a lesbian couple that were straight before they hooked up and accidentally fell in love with each other (speaking of names, both theirhusbandsat the time were named Jeff, poor guys). They"ve both said, more or less, that for whatever reason they"re in love with each other, but that if things didn"t work out they"d most likely both go back to men. They are not lipstick lesbians so no, I will not be hitting either. They"re not butches either. If they lost 50lbs between them I"d consider it, but I"ve actually become very good friends with both so wouldn"t want to mess that up. Funny enough, they"re considering having a kid and I"m almost thinking that they might ask me for the juice. That would be a weird situation.

AladainAF said:
Every now and then a local radio morning show does a call in thing where they judge people based on their names. It"s actually pretty funny and they"re pretty good at nailing people"s personalities based on their names. Wasn"t there something in Freakonomics about names? Only read the prologue awhile back.

As far as Chuck went, her real name was something else, that"s just a nickname her mother had called her growing up and it stuck. Speaking of her, was creeping on her FB cause I"m good like that. She"s on the right in both. God did she have an amazing body.

Brad2770

Eomer said:
Every now and then a local radio morning show does a call in thing where they judge people based on their names. It"s actually pretty funny and they"re pretty good at nailing people"s personalities based on their names. Wasn"t there something in Freakonomics about names? Only read the prologue awhile back.
Is the whole name used or the first name? I respond by my middle name. Somethings my uncles started doing that stuck.

W

Wrathcaster

I took the "bad advice" and made a move on the chick that kept hitting me up over winter break.

Best. Bad. Advice. Ever.

It"s like having sex with a symbiote from spiderman. Only way I can describe it. Holy shit. Crazy person sex is by far the best sex of my life. A++

Now if I can just keep from getting axe murdered, I think I"ll have it made.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Wrathcaster said:
I took the "bad advice" and made a move on the chick that kept hitting me up over winter break.

Best. Bad. Advice. Ever.

It"s like having sex with a symbiote from spiderman. Only way I can describe it. Holy shit. Crazy person sex is by far the best sex of my life. A++

Now if I can just keep from getting axe murdered, I think I"ll have it made.
Haha, this made me laugh, and smile.

Zinke_foh

shitlord
AladainAF said:
oh, i didn"t say I wouldn"t dislike a girl because I wasn"t attracted to her. But, if I did find a hot Wilma, Regina etc.. I wouldn"t have a problem with her name being what it was.

You are right though, there"s certain names that tend to always be a hot girl (Jessica, Vanessa, Veronica, Katy, and Christa for me). I"ve rarely met an ugly girl with one of those names. I think there"s a subconscious correlation among parents who pick those names, who value beauty and pass it onto their child, who ends up doing her best to look good all the time.

Same with any name really. If you have an odd/unique name, your parents probably had some kind of rebellious attitude, and wanted you to stand out. That would likely manifest in how they raise you, too. Sort of a self fulfilling prophecy, imo, not some voodoo about what a name means.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider

So she called me after her meeting and we agreed to meet at a bar for a beer and to watch the Oilers game (fucking Oilers). Overall it went well. When she walked up I didn"t really make any attempt to get off my stool or hug her, she kind of stood there I think wondering what to do before grabbing a seat. The conversation went well, we caught up on what we"d been up to, trips and the like and just general random stuff. Neither of us really approached any "serious" issues or anything to do with the past until we were getting ready to leave after a couple hours and paying the bill came up (she always made a big deal of me paying for the majority of meals etc), but she quickly changed the subject. During that little back and forth when I said I"d pay (she had no cash and they don"t take debit) I said she"d just have to get it next time and she said sure. We got up to leave, hugged on the corner outside and walked off in different directions to our cars.

When I got to my place about 10 minutes later, I saw she"d already sent me a text (she parked far away and had a long walk to her car). Just a random one as she tends to, I scolded her for texting while driving, she laughed and said she had still been walking but now was only texting at red lights and that we"d have to meet closer to her place next time, followed by these:

Her: I guess that"s if this meet wasn"t totally horrible...

I didn"t respond right away, was messing with my computers or something. A minute or two later:

Her: Ok. Last thing then I"ll leave you alone... was it that bad?

Me: Was what that bad?

Her: Meeting for drinks?

Me: Why do you think it was so bad, and from whose perspective?"

I was honestly kind of confused at this point, because I thought it had gone well. No we didn"t jump each other and fuck on the bar, but it was friendly, didn"t feel awkward, and the two hours went by fairly quickly. I had been tired and yawning, but we were joking about it because she"d often be tired all the time in the past.

Her: Your perspective of course! Who"s else would I want to know about? I already know that others probably don"t think it was a good idea. No, I don"t think it was bad.

Me: What others think it was a bad idea, and why? I enjoyed myself, yawning or not!

Her: Oh because we"re ex"s and such. Whatever. Happy that you enjoyed yourself. Wouldn"t want you to regret laying out your cards.

That"s a reference to our texts last week when I said more or less "fuck it, let"s go for a drink, there"s my cards." Same with the booty reference below where she had said that she hoped this wasn"t just a booty call.

Me: We shall see I guess! I didn"t get the hoped for booty, but you can"t win em all. I"d prolly just have called you Jamie again or something anyway... (I had called her the wrong name the first night we hooked up as I was so blasted I probably didn"t know my own)

Her: Haha! I still can"t believe you did that. You are the only person to have done that! Did you honestly just msg me for booty?

Me: Well no, but it"s not an unpleasant potential byproduct of it

Her: Haha! Point taken. Have a good sleep!

Me: You too.

I find it amusing and/or ironic that we got more accomplished in terms of figuring out where things stand with a dozen texts than we did with 2 hours of conversation. Looks like we may be starting things over again.

Anna also messaged me around the same time saying she was back in town and asking if I was still up for meeting again, so I"ll set something up with her for the weekend and do my best to not contact Anne for awhile. My honest feeling is to run back to Anne as quickly as possible, but I think that would just put us back where we were in no time flat. And Anna seems like a cool chick, may as well see where things go with her at the same time, strange shit can happen. At the very least it"ll be a distraction from Anne for the short term.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I felt awkward reading those texts. She seems a bit off but then again you"re also the master of weird text messages so this may be a match made in heaven.

Was she hot? Your link back just went back to a page where you didn"t describe meeting anyone at all. Was this an online meet up thing or what I"m curious.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Tenks said:
I felt awkward reading those texts. She seems a bit off but then again you"re also the master of weird text messages so this may be a match made in heaven.

Was she hot? Your link back just went back to a page where you didn"t describe meeting anyone at all. Was this an online meet up thing or what I"m curious.
Sorry if I wasn"t clear, that exchange was with Anne, the GF from back in April/May.

Brad2770

Why did you guys start talking again? Did that "Joe/Jeff" guy dump her again and now she is feeling lonely?

Sounds like shit my ex-wife did to me.

Hooby_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
So she called me after her meeting and we agreed to meet at a bar for a beer and to watch the Oilers game (fucking Oilers). Overall it went well. When she walked up I didn"t really make any attempt to get off my stool or hug her, she kind of stood there I think wondering what to do before grabbing a seat. The conversation went well, we caught up on what we"d been up to, trips and the like and just general random stuff. Neither of us really approached any "serious" issues or anything to do with the past until we were getting ready to leave after a couple hours and paying the bill came up (she always made a big deal of me paying for the majority of meals etc), but she quickly changed the subject. During that little back and forth when I said I"d pay (she had no cash and they don"t take debit) I said she"d just have to get it next time and she said sure. We got up to leave, hugged on the corner outside and walked off in different directions to our cars.

When I got to my place about 10 minutes later, I saw she"d already sent me a text (she parked far away and had a long walk to her car). Just a random one as she tends to, I scolded her for texting while driving, she laughed and said she had still been walking but now was only texting at red lights and that we"d have to meet closer to her place next time, followed by these:

Her: I guess that"s if this meet wasn"t totally horrible...

I didn"t respond right away, was messing with my computers or something. A minute or two later:

Her: Ok. Last thing then I"ll leave you alone... was it that bad?

I was honestly kind of confused at this point, because I thought it had gone well. No we didn"t jump each other and fuck on the bar, but it was friendly, didn"t feel awkward, and the two hours went by fairly quickly. I had been tired and yawning, but we were joking about it because she"d often be tired all the time in the past.
Anxiety issues probably - people with anxiety tend to over think things and end up reaching their own conclusions about why someone did/didn"t do something prematurely. It"s kind of a coping mechanism that often ends up backfiring.. in her head it"s comforting to stop thinking about all the possible "what if" scenarios and commit to one conclusion, even if that conclusion is a negative one, at least it will stop the worrying. Plus by putting that conclusion out into the open if it is a negative one she is preventing prolonged wondering by prompting you to take an action to ease her worrying.

At least.. that"s my guess, coming from a person who has had a ton of anxiety issues in the past.

That being said - she really seems to dig your personality if she cares so much what you are thinking. Tread carefully :p

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Brad2770 said:
Why did you guys start talking again? Did that "Joe/Jeff" guy dump her again and now she is feeling lonely?

Sounds like shit my ex-wife did to me.
No idea what her situation has been since we broke up, as I said the only contact were occasional text exchanges that didn"t ever have much substance. When we broke up she said she realized the other dude was not good for her and she was going to avoid contact with him, so whether that was code for "I fucked him while we were still dating" or not, I don"t imagine he"s in the picture or at least not in the foreground.

The why, as I said in a previous post, is that last week after talking with Anna about her being away and setting something up for when she got back I was laying in bed and got a powerful urge to text Anne, and it went from there.

Hooby said:
Anxiety issues probably - people with anxiety tend to over think things and end up reaching their own conclusions about why someone did/didn"t do something prematurely. It"s kind of a coping mechanism that often ends up backfiring.. in her head it"s comforting to stop thinking about all the possible "what if" scenarios and commit to one conclusion, even if that conclusion is a negative one, at least it will stop the worrying. Plus by putting that conclusion out into the open if it is a negative one she is preventing prolonged wondering by prompting you to take an action to ease her worrying.

At least.. that"s my guess, coming from a person who has had a ton of anxiety issues in the past.

That being said - she really seems to dig your personality if she cares so much what you are thinking. Tread carefully :p
I do this a lot and it generally tends to be toward the negative. I over worry about bs and always expect the worst outcome. Sucks a lot sometimes, but I"m working hard to not do it anymore.