Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
edit: I don"t want it to seem like I"m bashing you. We all go through this stuff, all of us. All of us deal with insecurity, and all of us have made mistakes when it comes to relationships. Many, many, many mistakes. At some point though, you have to stop kidding yourself and really focus on changing your behaviors so that they don"t lead you to the same places you"ve been before. That"s all I"m saying.
I don"t think I"m being bashed, however I"m attempting to set the record straight. I posted a story of some strange behavior which ended with me quite specifically stating that I wasn"t upset or hurt, mostly just confused about her behavior and that I wasn"t sure where I stood with her. Then someone chimes in that I should stop "obsessing" over her. How is that obsessing? I"ve been friends with her for 15 years and want to continue that friendship at the very least, so yes of course I"m going to give the situation some thought about where to go as opposed to severing ties with her entirely. Which wouldn"t be possible anyway as we have dozens of mutual friends. And again I"m not even offended by what happened, if anything I"m bemused by it because I don"t really have any emotions invested in her. I was hoping for a lay and not much else.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Sutekh said:
Why are you breaking things off with this new girl?
To clear things up:

Diane: friend hookup from awhile back that acted all flakey.

New Anne/Annabelle: girl I"ve been dating for nearly 3 months, but only seen half a dozen times. That"s the one I"m breaking things off with.

Brit: british girl I"ve been on one date with and am madly in love with and will one day marry (that"s for you Dabamf!).

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh, don"t remember reading about this british girl.

So is that why you"re breaking things off with the new girl? For the british one?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Sutekh said:
Oh, don"t remember reading about this british girl.

So is that why you"re breaking things off with the new girl? For the british one?
Backstory:

Not necessarily ending it with New Anne because of Brit. It"s just run it"s course unfortunately. I don"t feel the need to be in a relationship just for the sake of being in one; if I don"t feel a spark I don"t prolong it.

For all I know I"ll ask Brit out again and she"ll turn me down, the more I think of the first date the more I wonder if she was all that interested. But we shall see next week.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Eomer said:
Not necessarily ending it with New Anne because of Brit.
Just fucking do it so we can stop reading: Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne, Anne, New Anne, New Anne ...

STFU already and ditch her - I already hated that name, now I want to punch anyone with that name in the face from listening to your weeping vagina.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Eomer said:
I don"t think I"m being bashed, however I"m attempting to set the record straight. I posted a story of some strange behavior which ended with me quite specifically stating that I wasn"t upset or hurt, mostly just confused about her behavior and that I wasn"t sure where I stood with her. Then someone chimes in that I should stop "obsessing" over her. How is that obsessing? I"ve been friends with her for 15 years and want to continue that friendship at the very least, so yes of course I"m going to give the situation some thought about where to go as opposed to severing ties with her entirely. Which wouldn"t be possible anyway as we have dozens of mutual friends. And again I"m not even offended by what happened, if anything I"m bemused by it because I don"t really have any emotions invested in her. I was hoping for a lay and not much else.
Dude it"s not that we think you go out with a girl on one date and if you like her enough you start preparing for your wedding. It"s the simple fact that you even SAY things like "I could potentially fall for this girl really fast." That thought never even enters my mind when I meet a girl. It"s not even a thought process I"m capable of having. It is just a WEIRD thing to think. And the thing is, when you think something like that, it"s not that you can"t decide after time that the girl isn"t all that great for you. You can still screen just as well. The problem is that, when you start the relationship off thinking "she could be IT," and she really IS it, you are already decided on her. But the girl, even if you may be IT for her, is onlybeginningto discover how much she likes you. You could be a perfect match, but when you evaluate her long term prospects prematurely, and she fits the bill, all of a sudden you are now way more into her than she is into you. That puts you in a position of trying tohidehow much you like her long enough for her to discover how much she really does like you. And that shit seeps through to her, consciously or unconsciously, because women are amazingly intuitive at sensing that sorta thing.

And I think that"s why your relationships with girls you really like are failing.

Btw, I"m not "reading into" one sentence that you say. I"m taking over a year of history from your posts, trying to pinpoint exactly what rubs me the wrong way about how you are handling relationships, and found one sentence that summarizes it. I think if you focus on why thoughts like "I could fall for this one really quickly" even enter your mind after only 1 date, you would lead yourself to the solution to your relationship problems.

Dr. Dabamf

Eomer said:
I"m not going to be oogling cute girls walking down the street because I think they might be intellectually stimulating.
I am talking about being emotional unstable / young and not intellectually stimulating. And if you open your eyes you will notice that it plays a huge part.
I already notice this at 26. Girls in my age or above mine have certain.. whats the word? not exactly demands.. but they want things a certain way, its about the way they see life and want it to be..

And that I cannot fulfill or simply dont want to, because I feel immature and juvenile in comparison and somehow like that more. Completely turns me off what they want. Young (16 to ~22) drama queens on the other hand... like my very personal drug. Oh dear she just was a bitch, then started whining and now is trying to piss me off for whatever reason... I soooo want to hit that.

Ashes Emberblade said:
I find that every time I realize a girl is "marriage material" I immediately lose interest in her. What does that mean?
You are a man below 30. Grats!

The Ancient said:
It"s not the fact that he assesses whether or not girls are long term material, it"s the fact that he does it IMMEDIATELY after meeting them.
We have a winner.

Its very....girl in middle school-ish. Like I half expect someday for him to cough up a binder with girls names scribbled on them with his last name.

If a girl said something like "I can totally see myself marrying this guy" after like 48hrs I"d call her a wackjob and this isn"t that much different.

Went out with #2 last night and had an awesome time. I think without #1 on my mind I was able to see how truly amazing she is.

She"s Mexican, here studying at a university. I speak decent Spanish, and she thinks my gringo accent is cute. So we"re walking around the quarter last night and we pass by a club playing salsa music. She looks in as we pass and kind of slows down and I know in my head she wants to go in and dance. So I ask, "hey, want to go in there?" And she replies "oh no, no......." I ask, "Why not?" and she says, "You are an American man you do not dance salsa."

I dragged her ass into that club and danced my ass off. I love dancing to salsa music and I"ve done it a lot. Her face instantly lights up and she says, "Aye dios mio you are an American man who speaks Spanish and can dance salsa!" and her panties pretty much melted off right there.

Later we walked by a place that has a really good funk band and listened to the music there until the power went off. So the musicians went outside and started playing with a brass band who led a second line down the completely pitch black street. We had a blast. =p

Brad2770

Since Tarrant was curious about my update-

Since my job paid for my apartment, they terminated my lease, so I had to move. Last week was spent updating my resume and looking for work. I few decent leads.

I played poker at Winstar last week and was talking to this woman at the table with me. She seemed very cool and found out she lived in Dallas too. I got her number and left. Talked to her the next day through text and found out she was 29 and had no kids. Very cool with me. I told her I had a son and she didn"t care. She asked if I thought about having more and I said "No and we won"t talk about it anymore."

She stopped talking to me

I have been crashing at my grandmother"s house until I find a job. I want to get a house/apartment close to my next job, so going to wait it out. I realized how much I loved living on my own. Damn, I miss it.

I am going to take my son to the park today and probably to that Dragon animated movie (I can"t remember the name of it).

Things are good right now. Not the best, but they are good.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Dabamf said:
Alright when you put it that way I see what you"re saying, and you"ve said it before in the past. I"ve done my best to listen, I swear!

Met New Anne yesterday for lunch and broke up with her after while walking back to our cars, if you can call it breaking up. She was really good about it. I could tell she was upset at least a bit, her eyes definitely teared up but she said she understood when I said that I just hadn"t felt a huge spark and that it was best to end things before they went any further. Too bad really, she truly was an awesome girl from what little I knew of her.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Sometimes there"s just no spark, or other circumstances serve to work against things. I wish I knew why I didn"t fall for her, or had control over who I did or did not because there"s no rational reason most of the time.