Girls who broke your heart thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Brad2770 said:
Since Tarrant was curious about my update-

Since my job paid for my apartment, they terminated my lease, so I had to move. Last week was spent updating my resume and looking for work. I few decent leads.

I played poker at Winstar last week and was talking to this woman at the table with me. She seemed very cool and found out she lived in Dallas too. I got her number and left. Talked to her the next day through text and found out she was 29 and had no kids. Very cool with me. I told her I had a son and she didn"t care. She asked if I thought about having more and I said "No and we won"t talk about it anymore."

She stopped talking to me

I have been crashing at my grandmother"s house until I find a job. I want to get a house/apartment close to my next job, so going to wait it out. I realized how much I loved living on my own. Damn, I miss it.

I am going to take my son to the park today and probably to that Dragon animated movie (I can"t remember the name of it).

Things are good right now. Not the best, but they are good.
damn man sorry to hear about the place, hopefully you get another one and a job soon.

Hows shit with the ex?

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Brad said:
She asked if I thought about having more and I said "No and we won"t talk about it anymore."
Damn bro, you know all the right things to say.

Brad2770

Tarrant220 said:
Hows shit with the ex?
Nothing to say. I stopped talking to her a week ago. I have no idea what"s going on with her.

Honestly, I beat the shit out of some punk kid almost 2 weeks. I drive like a grandpa. I don"t speed. I don"t swerve in and out of traffic. When I accidently cut someone off on an access road, the guy in front of me brake checked me so hard, I nearly rear ended him. At that moment, I knew what I was going to do. I followed him and his 4 buddies. When he stopped, I got out and punched him through his window. He got out and pulled a knife on me. I told him he better use it now because I was about to beat his ass. He didn"t use it and I proceeded to beat him down. Face was bloody from ripped piercings. I got in my car and left. This was almost 2 weeks ago. Since then, I have felt way different. I hardly talk. My ex and the thought of her has not phased me. I have been doing my own thing. I know what I did was not right, but I just felt like doing it. It"s the first time in my life I started a fight. When he pulled the knife on me, I wanted him to stab me, but knew he wouldn"t.

I have some kind of wierd confidence now. I will do what I want now and do it without emotion, but within reason. It seems so much easier.

It"s kind of why I told that girl I wouldn"t talk about it anymore. I just met her. Fuck her for asking me a question like that.

Brad2770

iPhone not letting me add to the above, so here is another post.

I decided as soon as I get a real job, I am putting myself on child support. I like how I feel right now and if I had to argue with my ex again, it would derail how I feel. I gave her parents some money to give to her for my son this month. But I would like it to be so I don"t have to do that at all.

Dianetics08_foh

shitlord
Brad, that sounds pretty fucked up.

So I"ve got my own issue. The girl I"d been dating for about a month decided she wanted to take a break. It"s pretty understandable why, she"s being overworked at her job, still goes to school as a fulltime student, but the big reason is that her step-dad"s case is going into court (he molested her last year). She said she still really liked me, but didn"t think it was fair to me to get dragged into this. I"m pretty sure she was telling the truth about wanting to get back together after the situation with her step-dad is sorted out, but I still don"t really know what to do. Do I just leave her alone, let her come to me when she is ready? I don"t really foresee me getting another girlfriend in the near future (though possibly the occasional hook up at a party). I don"t really know what to do, I like her, but we"d only been dating for like a month so I"m not super attached to her, but I think I would feel douchey about just keeping her as a back up.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Tenks said:
Lol knocked a chick up and marrying her in a span of like 5 months. We"ve got a new Brad on our hands fellas.
more like 7, but whatever, it"s all good.

Also, I don"t expect anyone here except maybe the one person I talked about it with extensively through PM"s (they know who they are) and while they were felt the same as you may, after a few messages they saw things differently. I don"t expect anyone here to see, understand or assume anything is different from what they may or may not think. The situation goes beyond "they met, they fucked, they had a baby lol" it can"t be summed up in a single sentence, much has happened. We"ve had a few arguments, who hasn"t? We"re like any other relationship and honestly after 6 months if you don"t know if the person you are with is or isn"t someone you can see yourself being with for years to come, then in all likely hood they aren"t. We can see that, so we are planning for that.

I"m happy, we"re happy and while that can change at any point (as it can with any couple) I think we"re both mature enough to know what we"re doing. We"re both fine with it, we"re handling the situation as best we can, being adult about it and looking forward to finding out if it"s a boy or girl here in a few months.

My life is great and at this point I honestly wouldn"t have it any other way. You can love it or hate it, that"s up to you but for us, we wouldn"t have it any other way.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Dianetics08 said:
Move on, the relationship is likely over for good.

In other news, looks like my initial impression was correct and the Brit just wasn"t all that interested:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:Me: Out of the blue question: would you be interested in going to see Muse tonight? They must have released more tickets!

Her: I would love to, but I cannot see, speak or stand up properly! Gutted, they are amazing live.

Me: Bah I say! You messed up from the weekend or something?

Her: messed up is an understatement. i got to bed at 4am. I"m not sure i"ll ever recover from this.

Me: Wow, that"s late! Think you"ll be recovered to check out another show on Wednesday?

Her: There is another show?! I really would but my friend from england is coming to visit so I cant :-(

Me: Different band. When DOES work for doing something then?

Her: not sure until after easter when all will return to normal. I hope!

Me: Alright, I shall leave the ball in your court then! Get some rest!

Talked with a friend who was on the trip about unrelated matters, and she would have gotten home from the ski trip she was on at 2am at the latest. Ah well, onwards and upwards!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Dianetics08 said:
Brad, that sounds pretty fucked up.

So I"ve got my own issue. The girl I"d been dating for about a month decided she wanted to take a break. It"s pretty understandable why, she"s being overworked at her job, still goes to school as a fulltime student, but the big reason is that her step-dad"s case is going into court (he molested her last year). She said she still really liked me, but didn"t think it was fair to me to get dragged into this. I"m pretty sure she was telling the truth about wanting to get back together after the situation with her step-dad is sorted out, but I still don"t really know what to do. Do I just leave her alone, let her come to me when she is ready? I don"t really foresee me getting another girlfriend in the near future (though possibly the occasional hook up at a party). I don"t really know what to do, I like her, but we"d only been dating for like a month so I"m not super attached to her, but I think I would feel douchey about just keeping her as a back up.
I guess I wouldn"t "wait around" per say. I would still go out and play the field and when she is ready, if at all to try shit out again (assuming shes being truthful about everything and her reasons) then if you"re free and unattached then try it out with her again. I wouldn"t wait around and I"m pretty sure most here will say the same.

also Brad...are you still in therapy? If not you may want to see about going back, not sure what you are feeling and described is really very healthy....

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know who else thought he wanted to get married?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
George+Costanza.jpg

George+Costanza.jpg

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Tarrant220 said:
I guess I wouldn"t "wait around" per say. I would still go out and play the field and when she is ready, if at all to try shit out again (assuming shes being truthful about everything and her reasons) then if you"re free and unattached then try it out with her again. I wouldn"t wait around and I"m pretty sure most here will say the same.

also Brad...are you still in therapy? If not you may want to see about going back, not sure what you are feeling and described is really very healthy....
I"m with Tarr on both accounts. Don"t wait around for issues-girl. And Brad, get some help. You"re going to end up in jail or the hospital.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Dianetics08 said:
she wanted to take a break
She found someone else she wants to bang, and doesn"t want to cheat. But she also doesn"t want to lose future opportunities with you if he doesn"t work out.

Everyone knows about the Friend Zone, but there is an equally insidious place to get stuck when you ARE in a relationship with that person. The Safety Net, they will fall in and out of interest with you go on breaks to find someone else, and then they"ll get bored and come back.

I witnessed it first hand with a girl I hung around with back in "06-"07? She was in a long term relationship with a guy but every month or so they"d "break up" over an argument or she"d just be bored. Then she"d start hitting on all these guys she knew on the side (i was one of them) and try to get some quick hookups and after a week or two she"d run back to him. Hell! When I first met this girl she lied about being single, when she was really "on break" with this guy.

Dianetics08_foh

shitlord
brekk said:
She found someone else she wants to bang, and doesn"t want to cheat. But she also doesn"t want to lose future opportunities with you if he doesn"t work out.
While I agree with everyone else on not waiting around, this just doesn"t sound right to me. I know the excuses she gave me are true (I know her work schedule, I knew about her step-dad before we started dating and that the case would be going to court soon). I don"t get the feeling that she is after some other dude now.

But I suppose as long as I"m not just waiting for her, it doesn"t really matter does it? If we get back together because she really did need to just sort out her life first, great. If we get back together because the other guy didn"t work out, I get some sex and figure stuff out if she decides to take another break. If we just never get back together, doesn"t matter because I"ve been going after other girls.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
When people are going through a tough time, they don"t leave people they feel really close with. If anything they lean on them more and become closer to them. If she wants to take a break from you while things are rough in her life, it means you add stress to her life in some way, rather than relieve it. Or, she"s just not that into you.

You are wasting your time by waiting around for her. But you"ll do it anyway because you want to.

Dianetics08_foh

shitlord
Thought I said I wasn"t going to just wait around for her... in fact I"m pretty sure I"ve already made out with some chick at a party...

We weren"t really that close yet, only been dating for like a month, saw each other a couple of times a week. I"m not really attached to her, I"m honestly treating it like we"ve broken up for now. It would be nice if we get back together, but if we don"t I don"t really care that much. I really came here to ask if I should just ignore her or keep in contact with her.

Brad2770 said:
I have some kind of wierd confidence now. I will do what I want now and do it without emotion, but within reason. It seems so much easier.
Just dont let that feeling ruin your life. Not giving a fuck about anything is no solution and many of us have been there. Best treatment is hanging out with friends ALOT and not being alone. At some point it pulls you back into life.

Plus attacking someone who has a knife has nothing todo with reason. Sorry to disappoint you.