Girls who broke your heart thread

Sinron_foh

shitlord
Seethe said:
Did she post any pictures of her actually smiling or having fun? It might just be me (and we are in the land of sharp knees, after all) but I can"t help but think she"s hiding rows of hideous snaggleteeth behind those lips.
Yeah never know. She could be self conscious about her chompers and body. They both could be perfectly fine.

Seths_foh

shitlord
Alcestis said:
{edit}: Mageling got to it before I did. <3

Sounds to me like you didn"t know the other"s "love language" - the most efficient, minimum-effort-for-maximum-payoff way that you can show your partner you love them. Basically, there"s five categories:
  • Acts of Service - doing a "to-do" out of nowhere, keeping up on chores and helping around the house,
  • Physical Touch - backrubs, random hand-on-the-knees/shoulders, self-explanatory really. Not just sex.
  • Words of Affirmation - "I love/appreciate yous", thoughtful compliments and comments on appearance/whatever,
  • Quality Time - uninterrupted and undivided attention, going on outings, and
  • Receiving Gifts - little notes, small gifts lying around the house, "I got you this thing because I was thinking of you", etc.
I"m guessing that her primary language was physical touch, and yours is words of affirmation.

People tend to be most critical of the other person in the way that THEY want to be shown love (which is why she constantly complained about lack of physical touch). So naturally, you responded with the way YOU YOURSELF wanted to be shown love - with words. The end result is that because you weren"t speaking the other"s language, you"re probably baffled as to why your words never really reached her and she"s frustrated that you"re not picking up on her need to be touched.

Anyway, lots of information if you google it. Unless you"re observant and pay attention, I think the languages test should be administered to everyone starting out a new relationship. ;P

Love Languages Test
You are right. We were speaking different languages. Very good advice, albeit a little too late now =)

Brad2770

brekk said:
pic with the sunglasses, folds in the arm by the seat belt.
I noticed that. That"s why I wanted to post here and ask.

MaulNutz said:
Maybe it"s just me but she looks like a drug addict.
She smokes pot.

Seethe said:
Did she post any pictures of her actually smiling or having fun? It might just be me (and we are in the land of sharp knees, after all) but I can"t help but think she"s hiding rows of hideous snaggleteeth behind those lips.
The only pic of her smiling is below.

She is 30. She has never been married and doesnt have any kids. Likes the same music I do, except she likes country music more than me. I really havent been excited about meeting a new chic lately, so I am kind of blah about this one. Still trying to decide if it"s worth it.

Seethe_foh

shitlord
^ No snaggleteeth, great sign!

You might as well give it a shot, Brad. I know lately you"ve been feeling like you"re never going to fall in love again, but you"ll never know that"s a fact unless you keep dating.

Also, and I"m not saying you do this, but don"t expect to be totally swept off your feet by every gal you date. Not every long-lasting and deeply rewarding relationship starts out with a "love-at-first-sight" moment.

P.S. How did court go?

Brad2770

It was delayed/postponed... whatever. I didnt even see the guy that was drowning his wife there. She wasnt there either.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So what did you name him to honor fohss for being involved in his creation.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Although I"m always very, very cautious of girls on the webernets whom don"t post shots of their body (they"re hiding something) her neck looks thin and you can kind of see her collar bone. I doubt she"s rail skinny but I doubt she"s huge.

Brad2770

Tarrant220 said:
Fuck bitches, make money esquire
Ted Theodore Logan would have worked too.

Tenks said:
Although I"m always very, very cautious of girls on the webernets whom don"t post shots of their body (they"re hiding something) her neck looks thin and you can kind of see her collar bone. I doubt she"s rail skinny but I doubt she"s huge.
Well, she may be as you say. Upon further inspection of this pic, she seems "average". Her parents own a lake house that she visits, so I am assuming that she is on a porch/balcony facing the water.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I just wasted a full hour clicking through the first 300 pages of this thread and rofling over last year"s shenanigans.

Holy shit, looking back, that was really fun. And by fun I mean I was really fucking stupid back then. Haha!

Brad2770

If I picked a flower and placed it on your door step,
Would you pick it up and place it on your lip,
To smell it"s fragrance and dream of the day,
When the man of your dreams shows up and takes you away,
To the place you have yearned for and dreamed of,
A place so perfect that is full of life and love.
If I told you this man could be found right now and here,
Would you take advantage of that or turn him away because of your fears?

Wrote this last night. So far it"s 100% success rate in responses. 5 for 5.

Others are welcome to use it.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Brad2770 said:
If I picked a flower and placed it on your door step,
Would you pick it up and place it on your lip,
To smell it"s fragrance and dream of the day,
When the man of your dreams shows up and takes you away,
To the place you have yearned for and dreamed of,
A place so perfect that is full of life and love.
If I told you this man could be found right now and here,
Would you take advantage of that or turn him away because of your fears?

Wrote this last night. So far it"s 100% success rate in responses. 5 for 5.

Others are welcome to use it.
Brad the Lothario