Girls who broke your heart thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I"ve been with my girlfriend for around a year now (neither of us remember exactly when the first date was so I"m going to randomly surprise her this Friday and dub it our one year) which is odd because I"ve never really been one to have a long term girlfriend. Strange stuff happens when you get old ;(

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Tenks said:
I"ve been with my girlfriend for around a year now (neither of us remember exactly when the first date was so I"m going to randomly surprise her this Friday and dub it our one year) which is odd because I"ve never really been one to have a long term girlfriend. Strange stuff happens when you get old ;(
Congrats. Nude pics please

Previous:
Spoiler Alert, click show to read:
Dabamf said:
I got a date with my former korean teacher. She"s 30 (it"s a trend now? loving the older women). I had a thing for her the whole 10 weeks because she is great at her job, fun, and has a fantastic attitude, the latter being the most attractive thing to me mentally.

I sent her a msg on facebook basically saying that her class was really great, that she was quite competent at her job and that her attitude and style really stuck out to me. I said it was probably taboo to ask a former teacher out, but I want to meet for a drink.

I estimated like a 5% success chance, but I"d hate myself if I didn"t at least try. Well, she msg"d me on FB chat and at this point I was running around in my apartment like a giddy school boy. I hadn"t been that nervous/excited talking to a girl...ever. Anyway, we talked for a bit and we have a date for Wednesday. I"m still in disbelief that that worked.

I continuously have cynical thoughts enter my head, as I rarely see a reason to get really excited about something, but I"m blocking out the 200 things that could go wrong since I only know 1 side of her personality, and I"m gonna stick with ridiculously excited for now.

I had my date with my former teacher. It went well, but wasn"t the most amazing thing in the world. I kinda overhyped it (obviously, given my first post) because I had like a 12-week crush on her. Still, she"s pretty smart, really interesting, and funny, so I"m gonna try to set something else up.

There is one thing sorta confusing me and that"s whether or not she understands exactly what my intentions are. In the first message I tried to be 100% clear, using words like "attractive" and "[it"s probably taboo to]ask out..." till my friend pointed out that the latter does not have a clear literal meaning for a non-native speaker. From how I see it, it should be completely obvious what my intentions are to her, but I have long ago learned not to apply my perception, however clear something is, to a girl.

I think I"m just gonna go direct to make it as simple as possible.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
OhSeven said:
A person who was married couldn"t just turn around and walk away from a situation like that without it costing them a lengthy divorce process and more than likely half their shit. Lets not even get into the subject of alimony payments which is also a possibility.

I walked away from it (hopefully) unscathed, I"m still in possession of all my belongs, and I didn"t have to get drug through divorce court.

So yea, I do pity married men.
... no, you marry someone who isn"t crazy, that"s the point.

hurr durr.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
brekk said:
Rangoth.

Well and Eomer almost "packaged" a Kimono.
Eh? I did give it to her, but we"d been dating for several weeks when I"d given it to her. So it doesn"t count on a technicality.

I should ask for that shit back.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Eomer said:
Eh? I did give it to her, but we"d been dating for several weeks when I"d given it to her.
Hadn"t you gone on like a single date when you went on the trip and picked that up, and you were originally gonna give it to her the first time you saw her after the trip, but we talked you out of it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I remember us having to battle with Eomer not to give her that kimono and eventually he still gave it to her way too early

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
brekk said:
Hadn"t you gone on like a single date when you went on the trip and picked that up, and you were originally gonna give it to her the first time you saw her after the trip, but we talked you out of it.
Yeah, but I didn"t! So like I said, technicality!

So things with the second girl won out. We"ve hung out a few times in the past week and it"s just kind of comfortable. Lots to talk about, no real awkwardness, and in general, I"m taking things at an easier pace. The first girl just seemed to want to get fucked and while I"m all for that, I want more than physical, just not love and serious and shit.

We"ll see where this bs takes me and maybe I can eke out a bit of happiness in the end of it all.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to keep a long distance relationship going? I know, I"ve heard time and again that these don"t last, but I just need to keep it together until March, where it won"t be a problem anymore. It"s not really an issue of trust or infidelity, but more of an issue with quality time spent together.

As it is, I go to sleep with her and wake her up over skype, but the whole day between that is spent without much contact at all. Some of you will say that those 2 are plenty, but it"s starting to feel routine. She"s either busy, tired, or sleepy during those times, so there"s not much talking. Am I to tough it out? I find myself becoming slightly resentful and depressed at how things are.