Girls who broke your heart thread

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Roses almost always imply commitment and love and such, especially more than one. A single rose can go either way I guess, but chicks be crazy so who knows.

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
Once you are a "couple" commitment is implied... She is your girlfriend being concerned about giving the wrong impression is something you should have thought about BEFORE that point.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
The one rose or a dozen was something that a female friend told me about 20 years ago. Has worked well for me. You are probably right though, it is not a catch all.

Seths_foh

shitlord
Gryeyes said:
Once you are a "couple" commitment is implied... She is your girlfriend being concerned about giving the wrong impression is something you should have thought about BEFORE that point.
I"m inclined to agree here.

All girls love flowers, not like flowers.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Gryeyes said:
There"s a big difference between a bouquet that says "I like you and have fun hanging out with you, here"s some flowers to show my appreciation" and a bouquet that says "I"m madly in love with you, here"s some flowers to show my adulation." As far as I understand it, roses definitely fall on the wrong side of that equation.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Eomer said:
There"s a big difference between a bouquet that says "I like you and have fun hanging out with you, here"s some flowers to show my appreciation" and a bouquet that says "I"m madly in love with you, here"s some flowers to show my adulation." As far as I understand it, roses definitely fall on the wrong side of that equation.
Pretty sure roses are on the wrong side of that equation for you no matter what the circumstances.

Just saying

Vinen

God is dead
TheCutlery said:
Pretty sure roses are on the wrong side of that equation for you no matter what the circumstances.

Just saying
Roses are too damn generic. Get something different and surprise her.

Bonus points if they are a color she likes (this is what I did)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
^^ Flowers on Valentines day is cliche. Tho with how little youve known this lady would of been pretty hard to really surprise her and make her panties instantly drop to the floor.

Ravvenn_sl

shitlord
Eomer said:
Are men really trying to "say" anything with flowers on Valentine"s Day other than, "I bought this because I felt obligated"?

I have enjoyed buying flowers randomly for the women in my life. As far as Valentine"s Day goes, it"s one of the most deliverable options out there, and no one wants the woman they like/love to be at work without a visible token of their affection on V-Day.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
FoghornDeadhorn said:
I have enjoyed buying flowers randomly for the women in my life. As far as Valentine"s Day goes, it"s one of the most deliverable options out there, and no one wants the woman they like/love to be at work without a visible token of their affection on V-Day.
I truly love you. I miss you, and I"m incomplete without you.

You and I have been FOH-enemies for a long time now. Can we bury the hatchet?

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Did you come back because you got fired from your fake doctor job or because your new girlfriend got run over by a clown car?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Dabamf said:
Did you come back because you got fired from your fake doctor job or because your new girlfriend got run over by a clown car?
I"d like to buy you 4 roses, because 5 is a bit too serious.

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
Are you 15? Its your fucking girlfriend, you have entered a committed relationship with her, its fucking Valentines day. Are you as awkward to women in real life as your internet posting implies?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Eomer said:
What about the roses I bought my wife for valentines day?

They were the last ones left in the clearance bin.

At walmart.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Tuco said:
What about the roses I bought my wife for valentines day?

They were the last ones left in the clearance bin.

At walmart.
That had been abandoned for 12 years.

Zakas_foh

shitlord
5 dollar baby roses(from walrmart!) went over really well with my gf. "omg they are baby roses!" Simple. Of course I fucking went overboard with a fuji instax camera too. Oh well.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Gotta admit, women have it much easier on valentines day.

I got a staple gun. What do you think she"s trying to tell me? HOLY SHIT, I"M AFRAID OF COMMITMENT!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
TheCutlery said:
Gotta admit, women have it much easier on valentines day.

I got a staple gun. What do you think she"s trying to tell me? HOLY SHIT, I"M AFRAID OF COMMITMENT!
I got seasons 1 and 2 of Castle and a German Chocolate Cake, shit just got serious.