Girls who broke your heart thread

Seths_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:
This is just ancedotal evidence but I know A LOT more women that are single moms then I do that are in active marriages. Thought I do know more than a few who have been in several marriages and have kids from multiple fathers.
Right, I know a lot of single moms too, but at what age range? The ones I know are all in their 20"s and early 30"s. The ones I knew that were in their 30"s when I was growing up are all married now and have stayed married. What I was getting at is how many little old ladies do you see that were single moms the majority of their lives until their current age? The only old ladies I know that are single are single because their husbands have passed on.

I guess my point is that women who become mothers at an early age in life and then become or stay single usually end up finding the right guy for them at a later stage in their lives. From what I"ve seen it usually entails them staying together and being much happier in their marriage than people I"ve seen and known who got married right out of college.

Like you though it"s all anecdotal evidence and is just my personal perspective.

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
How old are you? Reason I ask is there is like an 80% divorce rate in this country. It could just be that where you live women do tend to stay married but I know a lot of women here in their late 30"s who are single. Not so many in their 40"s if only because where I work there aren"t that many women above 40

Seths_foh

shitlord
Sharmai said:
How old are you? Reason I ask is there is like an 80% divorce rate in this country. It could just be that where you live women do tend to stay married but I know a lot of women here in their late 30"s who are single. Not so many in their 40"s if only because where I work there aren"t that many women above 40
1/2 my life in Colorado, other 1/2 in Utah. I"m 32. I don"t think women here (Salt Lake City currently) stay married anymore than anywhere else, though I"m only going off people I know. The women in my circle of friends range from mid 20"s to early 30"s and the ones that are mothers are almost all single mothers. The women from my teen years in Colorado were all my friends parents, and those were in their 30"s, now they"re in their late 40"s early 50"s who have long since re-married and have seemed to stay with the guy they married for years.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
FoghornDeadhorn said:
This isn"t the 1950s. You don"t need to be married by 30.
not if you"re a guy, but if you"re a woman with nothing going for you career wise you"d better be prepared to see your stock drop pretty fast.

kegkilla said:
not if you"re a guy, but if you"re a woman with nothing going for you career wise you"d better be prepared to see your stock drop pretty fast.
Well if you"re a dumb bitch who didn"t do anything with herself careerwise AND you failed at catching a man, and you"re over thirty, well, there"s always Galiem.

Silence_sl

shitlord
kegkilla said:
God damned if that"s not the truth. 75% of the women I knew in their 20"s have now transformed into their mothers at age 35. From hottie to nottie in no time flat.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Ravvenn said:
Single mothers who care about their child(ren) do not have lower standards, but realize their options are now limited. They can lower their standards or accept that it"s slim pickins and hope to get lucky.
I find it interesting when I see the differences in how single women and single mothers post on dating sites for example. I don"t think I see lower standards, but sometimes their posts seem almost confrontational - kind of a"MY CHILD IS THE CENTER OF MY LIFE YOU BETTER BE COOL WITH COMING SECOND"or a"IF YOU"RE A SCUMBAG OR JUST LOOKING FOR SEX, GO LOOK ELSEWHERE". I don"t disagree with the sentiment and I can understand not wanting to deal with the same immature men or what have you, but when you compare that to what single women write it"s night and day. I get the impression that many single mothers are tired of fucking around and are willing to put their foot down, but it"s offputting to men lol.

Ravvenn said:
Undesirable? After reading these posts, yes, lol. As a placeholder, they"re desired. But to actually plan a life with and marry? Not all that common.

Un-wed-able (nice word, btw). Yes, absolutely! Only a select few get to be the exception. That"s life, you all confirm it. Even in a solid relationship, I think single moms have a lower chance of getting married than a childless woman, especially if he doesn"t want or like children and she wants more, she is unable or unwilling to have more children and the man wants his own or worse, his mother wants and fully expects grandchildren.

The older I get the more I realize if I ended up single again, I"d likely stay that way for good.
I wouldn"t say undesireable or unwedable as an absolute, but single mothers are definitely at a disadvantage compared to women without children. But if the single mothers I know are any indication (as friends), they just have to step up to bat more often.

I don"t know about other men, but I don"t look at single mothers as placeholders, and I"ve never dated single mothers with the thought or intention that it was temporary until some woman without children came along. I"ve looked at both the same - if they turn out to be someone I couldn"t see myself married to, personally the urge to move on comes into play.

Kids just seem to be an additional layer of potential drama /shrug. I think a lot of single mothers are...honestly...bad, and they can make all single mothers look terrible as a result. Take a woman that would normally be batshit crazy, and add in kids. Just for an example, one woman I dated had spoiled her children horribly and they had no discipline. Add in the fact that she straight up told me that I had absolutely no right to ever discipline her children or...anything...things went south fast. Picture spoiled children who would quickly realize that new_boyfriend_14 had no authority, and suddenly I"m getting punched in the balls or having food thrown at me, and if I do or say anything I"m getting verbally flagellated by a misandrist. And I was shocked because away from the kids she was cool, totally awesome, and she honestly could have been a model, but add those kids into the mix and I half expected her to ask me if I was the Gatekeeper. It"s just harder to step into a relationship like that, I"ve tried and I wish it was different because it"s hard on everyone involved. I wont refuse to date single mothers altogether, but I guess you could say that I"m wary anymore.

Silence said:
God damned if that"s not the truth. 75% of the women I knew in their 20"s have now transformed into their mothers at age 35. From hottie to nottie in no time flat.
Yeah I don"t understand it either. I"ve met women who have said that they were my age, and it looks like they are in their 50s. I don"t want to date women 10 years younger than myself or more, but on the other hand I"ve met women my age that look like my mother. It"s fucking bizarre.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Erronius said:
Yeah I don"t understand it either. I"ve met women who have said that they were my age, and it looks like they are in their 50s. I don"t want to date women 10 years younger than myself or more, but on the other hand I"ve met women my age that look like my mother. It"s fucking bizarre.
Nature"s first green is gold, my friend.

To all you unmarried 20 somethings out there, take a look at the mother of your girlfriend because that"s what she"s going to turn into when she sails past 35.

The Single Mom in the City Chronicles - City Girl Blogs

I?m proud to introduce the second featured writer for City Girl Blogs. Please give a warm welcome and lots of supportive comments to Single Mom in the City!

Chronicles of a Single Mom in the City:

If a very attractive man tells you his ex-girlfriend was crazy on the first date, he just wants the panties.

I"m a mom. I"m single, and I live in a city where the ratio of men to women is not in my favor. I date, but due to the constraints of single ?motherdom,? I"m unable to be a cavalier dater, as some of my fellow sister girls out there with no children can be. Instead, I have to be very strategic when accepting and planning a date. A government project manager by day, I apply my same project management skills to my dating life. I have to pre-plan, implement the plan and measure the results of my dating due diligence.

In the pre-planning stages, I have to determine if my suitor is worthy of a date. Once that is decided, there are the negotiations between me and my suitor as to the time and place of the first date. Once the launch date (pun intended) is determined, I have to enter the competitive bidding process for a baby sitter who I know will take great care of my kids and not steal from my collection of Chanel bags. And, living in Cleveland Park means I am paying top dollar for a good sitter in this competitive babysitter market.

The final stages of the pre-planning first date process consist of picking the perfect outfit that I will feel comfortable, yet sexy in, and doing my hair. I normally wear it in a half brushed ponytail. But, for dating purposes, I try to let down my black locks with auburn highlights to show the full glory of my hair extensions. Then I decide whether to drive or taxi because my rule is no man picks me up from my house on the first date. I choose a taxi based on two factors ? if I will be drinking and if I will receive a parking ticket if I park my car near the venue where the first date takes place. If these two variables apply, I take a taxi.

All the planning is done, and now it"s date time. From my anecdotal analysis, with a sample of ten dates, 80% of the men I"ve gone on first dates with only want to sleep with me on the first date, and want nothing more. How do I know? Because I am a single mother with little time to spare on gratuitous dating, and I"ve been around the block a few times. I notice and listen to everything my dates say, and I take lots of mental notes.

In this sparse dating pool called the D.C. Singles Scene, I have come to these conclusions/warning signs about first dates:

#1 The first date is an exceptionally attractive man, with a full head of hair, who stands 6 feet tall or over, in his mid 30"s to early 40"s, has a good career, and yet has never been married and has no children.

#2 On your first date, he proclaims ?my ex-girlfriend was crazy? rather emphatically.

#3 He attempts to feed you large amounts of alcoholic beverages during the date.

#4 He tells you that his ideal woman is sitting across or next to him and has beautiful black hair with auburn highlights (this is what I"ve been told, but notice what he says he likes specifically about your physical appearance, in his lame attempt to make you feel special).

#5 He tries to take you to his place to show you his art collection, or collection of first edition Oscar Wilde novels. Or, he takes you to a bar to feed you more alcoholic beverages.

#6 Once you are at his home or at the bar, he will tell you how beautiful you are in his sincerest tone. He will proclaim he"s not like those other ?douche bags? out there and that he"s ?honest.? Again, he?ll say that you are the one he"s been looking for out of all the ?crazy? ex-girlfriends.

Ladies, do not fall for it. I"ve done the dating research, and 8 out of 10 men say the same thing. The only thing this guy wants from this first date is for you to be on your back, legs spread eagle, or pants down or skirt up in the bathroom of the dive bar he took you to after dinner.

These men do not want a relationship. They just want to screw. Now, if you just want to screw, too, then get the prophylactics and go for it! But if you"re seeking a relationship with this handsome man, with all his hair, a good career and a nice BMW, who says all the right things on the first date, then be warned. He is not looking for a relationship. He just wants to have sex and move on to the next variety of woman, and tell her the same things he told you on your first date.

So ladies beware. If a man says his ex-girlfriend was crazy on the first date, that means he drove her crazy because he led her on and broke her heart, and he"s not into you, but he does want to get inside your sugar walls.

Have questions for Single Mom in the City? Comment, ask via Formspring or email her at singlemominthecitydc (at) gmail.

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
@Foghorn that article is an excellent example of the advice single women should NOT follow. That women has an super inflated value of herself and since she has a blog maybe her value as a single mom is higher then normal but for a single mom reading that blog that advice is poison.

First thing. Single women and single moms need to understand is sex is to men as emotions are to women. When a women starts out saying that shes not interested in sex and her kids come first thats like a guy saying hes not interested in all that dating and talking shit and his job comes first. As a women would you date a guy like that? Hell no!

Now that"s not to say a guy doesn"t care about womens emotions because they most certainly do but if you are not returning the favor in kind then you can definitely expect the new relationship to start to die.

Also single moms you want to know that a guy is going to stick around before you put out but you also have to understand that if you are only putting out once every other week then of-fucking-course hes not going to stick around! Why the hell should he? Would you stick around with a guy who only spend quality time with you once every other week? Fuck no!

When the dating game starts there is an internal clock that starts ticking down and single moms have to decide in that time frame (be it 1-3 weeks every guy is different) if they are going to begin satisfying his physical needs to their emotional ones. And what happens when a single mom with an inflated ego does this is the timer on that internal clock runs out and then shes forever marred as a tight ass. Now when she does decide to finally give it up hes not even thinking about a seriously relationship with her anymore because he doesn"t want to imagine what it will be like being with someone that tight on returning the favor..

Hence so many single moms continually having bad relationships and thinking all men are dogs.

To both single men and women when dating you need to know that at some point for a relationship to survive it needs BOTH an active Emotional and PHYSICAL love life. And if I know most guys at the beginning of relationships they are usually doing everything they can to meet a womens emotional needs (if they aren"t then RUN). So women you need to decide how long its worth waiting vs. what you stand to lose by waiting. I can tell you these days that dating for more than 4 weeks before putting out is likely the extreme limit for men 25+.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
yeah that woman sounds like a stone cold bitch to me. i hope she"s okay with the fact that her children will never have a father.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
being a single mother is irrefutable evidence that your #1 priority is getting bent over and pumped like a super soaker.

i don"t know who these broads think they"re kidding.

Rune_foh

shitlord
kegkilla said:
being a single mother is irrefutable evidence that your #1 priority is getting bent over and pumped like a super soaker.

i don"t know who these broads think they"re kidding.
Whatever. Everyone knows it"s incredible appealing to date some hostile man-hater who is hellbent on punishing you for her mistakes in life, ridden with guilt that she"s a terrible mother, and sublimates all her hatred for whoever knocked her up onto you while pretending like she"s never made a mistake.

I mean, it"s not like she"s permanently ruining some kids life in the process.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Rune said:
Whatever. Everyone knows it"s incredible appealing to date some hostile man-hater who is hellbent on punishing you for her mistakes in life, ridden with guilt that she"s a terrible mother, and sublimates all her hatred for whoever knocked her up onto you while pretending like she"s never made a mistake.

I mean, it"s not like she"s permanently ruining some kids life in the process.
damn bro, when it comes to female psyche you know your shit.