Girls who broke your heart thread

Dabamf said:
fixed to make intention clear
Would be funny, I guess, if a different female were involved.

[Edit] For the record, I"ve been there and I"ve done that. There"s no real blanket statement I can make as a result of that experience. Every woman, her kids, her backstory, and her present, are unique.

Gryeyes_foh

shitlord
Silence said:
It"s not that it isn"t cool; it"s because it"s a pain in the ass. Dating is a big enough PITA without adding another layer of baggage on top of it, and children aremassivebaggage.
No shit, Ive never even contemplated hooking up with a chick who has children due to this. Its an added layer of serious shit I do not want to deal with. I would feel like a total shitheel to get to know some gets, bond with them and then never see them again because I am tired of banging their mother. Or get close with them and then be told to fuckoff by the mom.

I find casually dated a single mother with no intent to get serious as kind of grimey.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Awlbiste said:
My parents divorced when my mother was 31 (I was 3). As far as I know she never dated until she was in her late 40s, and got remarried in her mid 50s. Her time was spent on being a single mother and the sole provider for the family. As an adult now I have to say that whatever she potentially sacrificed by not dating after her divorce I gained by being in a stable household without a parade of Uncle So-and-Sos.

Being a single mom (and I"m talking about a stable single mom, not some stereotype of the so-called bad ones) is, as far as I can tell, an incredibly difficult job. I had a friend who had an Oops Baby in her early 20s and no guy would even bother.

That said, I wouldn"t date someone with children either.
I had the opposite experience, I never knew my father, and my mother remarried when I was 5 or so. And my stepfather was, by all accounts, a gigantic waste of time and affected all of my siblings and I horribly. They stayed married for over 20 years, and now we all pretty much agree that we wish that they has never married and wish she had either met someone else or stayed single so we wouldn"t have had to grow up with the stepfather we had. Thing is we can"t even hint around the topic without my mother either getting angry and venting about everything "bad" from our childhood at the stepfather (which isn"t fair but /shrug) or break down into tears. And she"s apparently blocked out the memories of a lot of what happened when we were growing up, even stuff that she was directly involved with, as though she"s mentally blocked it all out. It took over 20 years for my mother to finally realize that he was a heap of shit and divorce him.

Of course we realize that we would never want our mother to be eternally single in return for our happiness, but /shrug. Best case scenario I think would have been her waiting for someone better, but I dunno.

As far as what you say about Uncle So-and-Sos, I"ve been their and it"s hella creepy. If I met a woman and knew she was "The One" I wouldn"t pay it any heed, but in the dating culture it"s too bad that you know a lot of these kids have seen man after man.

One woman I was seeing, we had been dating for quite a long time and were actually having sex about 5am when the bedroom door opened and her son walked in ( I wouldn"t be a bit surprised if he had heard "something" and came to investigate). Silly us, thinking her kids were sound asleep at that early an hour. Thankfully we had been 90% under the covers, but having the door open and hearing "Mommy?" was enough to stop our hearts cold. She curled into a ball and started in with some heartwrenching crying and tears, while I was left trying to convince him that we"d just been "wrestling around" under the covers and tried playing it off. He bought it and eventually went back to bed, but that lone incident creeped us both out and pretty much single handedly killed off the sex whenever the kids were around. I ended up feeling like a dirtbag and she refused to talk about it at all. I brought up the possibility of simply locking the door if we ever found ourselves in that position again (no pun intended), and I got my head bitten off for even suggesting to lock the door - she thought that was a horrible idea, to prohibit her children easy and ready access. I thought about pointing out that we would be able to hear any child knocking or saying anything, but I knew when to just give up. So suddenly the sex was nearly eliminated unless there was some sort of babysitting arranged; it was horrible.

I would have been willing to marry her as well, she was a good woman, but the drama from "her" family, the children, and the baggage she still carried from previous relationships was too much. At least if I had children with a single woman, the children would be "ours" and we"d be a team, with every single mother that I have (seriously) dated, it"s been my coming in as a 3rd party and everything else was "them", and I was excluded from even helping with anything other than stuff like taking out the trash or painting (because they were HER children and it was HER job). And I"ve had friends tell me that they were actually JEALOUS of me, in that I would be in a relationship, actually BARRED from any familial responsibility by the mother, essentially in a no-strings booty call. The thing was, things will get creepy the longer it goes on and I could never stand being in that position as the children become more attached, yet you KNOW that the woman is either unwilling to get married ever again (due to past failed marriages) or might be willing but the dynamic is so borked that you start doubting it will work long term. And I"ve been willing on a few occasions, but /shrug. As a result I"m far more reluctant anymore, though given the right woman, you never know.

Turkish_foh

shitlord
Just to play devil"s advocate; do you think single moms are more or less attractive to single fathers? Sure most don"t have anywhere near the custody rights of the mother in most divorce cases, but they are still out there.

Edit: Damn just looked up the stat. In the US, 84% of custodial parents are mothers, 16% are fathers as of 2007. I mean I knew it was lopsided but still.

For the sake of this argument here are some stats. I know this is an argument about "taste" rather than a debate about the stats but this will give a little more insight into the amount of people being talked about.

Released by the U.S. Census Bureau in November, 2009, there are approximately 13.7 million single parents in the United States today, and those parents are responsible for raising 21.8 million children (approximately 26% of children under 21 in the U.S. today).

So what"s the "average" single parent really like? According to the U.S. Census Bureau...

She is a Mother:
Approximately 84% of custodial parents are mothers, and
16% of custodial parents are fathers

She is Divorced or Separated:

Of the mothers who are custodial parents:
45% are currently divorced or separated
34.2% have never been married
19% are married (In most cases, these numbers represent women who have remarried.)
1.7% were widowed

Of the fathers who are custodial parents:
57.8% are divorced or separated
20.9% have never married
20% are currently married (In most cases, these numbers represent men who have remarried.)
Fewer than 1% were widowed

She is Employed:
79.5% of custodial single mothers are gainfully employed
49.8% work full time, year round
29.7% work part-time or part-year
90% of custodial single fathers are gainfully employed
71.7% work full time, year round
18.4% work part-time or part-year

She and Her Children Do Not Live in Poverty:
27% of custodial single mothers and their children live in poverty
12.9% of custodial single fathers and their children live in poverty

She Does Not Receive Public Assistance:

Among custodial single mothers:
22% receive Medicaid
23.5% receive food stamps
12% receive some form of public housing or rent subsidy
5% receive receive TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)

She is 40 Years Old or Older:
39.1% of custodial single mothers are 40 years old or older

She is Raising One Child:
54% of custodial mothers are raising one child from the absent parent
46% have two or more children living with them

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Erronius said:
I find it interesting when I see the differences in how single women and single mothers post on dating sites for example. I don"t think I see lower standards, but sometimes their posts seem almost confrontational - kind of a"MY CHILD IS THE CENTER OF MY LIFE YOU BETTER BE COOL WITH COMING SECOND"or a"IF YOU"RE A SCUMBAG OR JUST LOOKING FOR SEX, GO LOOK ELSEWHERE". I don"t disagree with the sentiment and I can understand not wanting to deal with the same immature men or what have you, but when you compare that to what single women write it"s night and day. I get the impression that many single mothers are tired of fucking around and are willing to put their foot down, but it"s offputting to men lol.
That is very true and I noticed it as well. As far as Sharmai I disagree about a woman who has had a kid having a lose vagina. I had sex a ton with a tiny chick who had a kid and her pussy was very tight and felt like any other girl who didn"t have a kid. As far as the sex with chicks with daddy issues, very true lol.

Seths said:
I laughed, loudly.
Me too lol, Keg has had some decent posts here lately. The thread as a whole has had some nice discussion the past few days. It is all very interesting and informative.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Kenadul said:
That is very true and I noticed it as well. As far as Sharmai I disagree about a woman who has had a kid having a lose vagina. I had sex a ton with a tiny chick who had a kid and her pussy was very tight and felt like any other girl who didn"t have a kid. As far as the sex with chicks with daddy issues, very true lol.
He"s trying to convince himself that everyone has the same problems he does, and not doing a very good job of it, unfortunately.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
So my girlfriend died aka we broke up. Ironically the age difference had nothing outwardly to do with it.

Back to subway schemes?! I"m thinking about trying Korean cupid or something and just focus on getting laid. We"ll see. The end.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Dabamf said:
So my girlfriend died aka we broke up. Ironically the age difference had nothing outwardly to do with it.
Can you barley see teh screen trhu the tearz?

So what was the outward reason for the breakup, if I may ask?

Whyme_foh

shitlord
Lokie said:
There is something wrong with me. I must be a masochist. Anyone else ever feel that way?
I feel this way after I"ve done something stupid, usually involving alcohol. I think we"re all built that way, to be constantly waging war against our better selves. I"ve found that my typical threshold for learning from a mistake is around 2-4 when it comes to relationships. I almost never learn after the first, always takes a few. I think the key is to keep learning and try not to guilt yourself to death.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
Can you barley see teh screen trhu the tearz?

So what was the outward reason for the breakup, if I may ask?
I can"t really explain it well or really know the exact reason. I had a lot of shitty things happen at once (unrelated to her) and got really stressed out, and I just stopped wanting to see her. I gave someone advice before in this thread to a guy, whose girlfriend said she needed a break from him because of some other stresses, where I said if they were really a great match she would move towards him, rather than away. I actually thought back on what I said in this thread and realized it was time to cut loose in my own situation.

See, people DO take advice from this thread to heart! I listened very well to myself.

Vim_foh

shitlord
Two questions:
  • Would you rather be in a relationship where you both love, understand and desire each other, but had the personal experience to prove or sustain this or would you rather be in the same relationship and never have that personal "testing" experience?
(For example: You"ve been dating for awhile 2 years-ish, take a mutual break from each other... A few years later, get back together and live "happily ever after"...)

or

(You"ve been dating for x amount of time, and blindly, tell yourself things that reaffirm your unexperienced emotion, and stay together for as long as you can...)
  • If I can see myself with someone for a long time, 10-20+ years or indefinitely, is it wrong to make sure you get all the "instinctual" emotions out of your system (for both persons if necesary) before you decide to make such a long term commitment?
P.S. My partner is much younger than me and even though I am 5 years older, I still feel I need to let some "demons" out because of my lack of personal experience.

Vim said:
Two questions:
  • Would you rather be in a relationship where you both love, understand and desire each other, but had the personal experience to prove or sustain this or would you rather be in the same relationship and never have that personal "testing" experience?
(For example: You"ve been dating for awhile 2 years-ish, take a mutual break from each other... A few years later, get back together and live "happily ever after"...)

or

(You"ve been dating for x amount of time, and blindly, tell yourself things that reaffirm your unexperienced emotion, and stay together for as long as you can...)
  • If I can see myself with someone for a long time, 10-20+ years or indefinitely, is it wrong to make sure you get all the "instinctual" emotions out of your system (for both persons if necesary) before you decide to make such a long term commitment?
P.S. My partner is much younger than me and even though I am 5 years older, I still feel I need to let some "demons" out because of my lack of personal experience.
What makes you think that any of those instinctual feelings will ever dissipate. Either you love and want to be with someone, or you don"t. It"s pretty simple.

Saladus_foh

shitlord
I have absolutely no idea what you"re talking about on the second scenario. But for the first... I"ve been through enough situations and seen enough situations with friends to know that 99% of the time, if there needs to be a mutual break to "get more experience" as you put it, that"s the end of that relationship. They may get back together two or even more times ... but they"ll always end it again. If it didn"t work the first time, it"s not magically going to be better between the two on another go-around.

On a tangent, this reminds me of when people say "If you love her, let her go, and if she truly loves you, she"ll come back" or whatever along those lines. Except, the truth is, she NEVER comes back, and I always get a kick out of people telling this advice and the guy going "Yea... yea I guess maybe you"re right." Once again, 99% of the time, once you finally let her go, she"ll be relieved and say "Thank god he"s out of my fucking hair," and never give you a thought ever again.

Rune_foh

shitlord
Vim said:
Two questions:

or

Well, I was going to actually try to give some advice. But I looked at your retarded fucking logic about getting shit out of your system, and then I remembered you"re puerto rican.

So you"re just going to be trapped in a vicious cycle of cheating on your girlfriend, trying to make it up to her with extravagant displays of insincere affection, being racked with guilt and projecting it onto her and thinking she"s cheating on you, stalking her even though she"s doing nothing, starting mad crazy drama the whole neighborhood can hear in the wee hours of the night, and ultimately ending up alone, bitter and angry at the world. A few months of drunken carousing later, you"re going to see some hot fresh young piece of ass, sober up, tell yourself this is going to be the real deal, she"s a goddess, and all those other cheating whores were trash and the saga continues.

You guys are all about as emotionally mature and fucked in the head as a 12 year old girl so you"re fucked no matter what you end up doing.

But have fun bro. I have faith in you that you"ll be able to rationalize whatever you end up doing / ruining your life as the right thing and you had no choice in the matter.

Rune said:
Well, I was going to actually try to give some advice. But I looked at your retarded fucking logic about getting shit out of your system, and then I remembered you"re puerto rican.

So you"re just going to be trapped in a vicious cycle of cheating on your girlfriend, trying to make it up to her with extravagant displays of insincere affection, being racked with guilt and projecting it onto her and thinking she"s cheating on you, stalking her even though she"s doing nothing, starting mad crazy drama the whole neighborhood can hear in the wee hours of the night, and ultimately ending up alone, bitter and angry at the world. A few months of drunken carousing later, you"re going to see some hot fresh young piece of ass, sober up, tell yourself this is going to be the real deal, she"s a goddess, and all those other cheating whores were trash and the saga continues.

You guys are all about as emotionally mature and fucked in the head as a 12 year old girl so you"re fucked no matter what you end up doing.

But have fun bro. I have faith in you that you"ll be able to rationalize whatever you end up doing / ruining your life as the right thing and you had no choice in the matter.
God damn. That is some built up angst you got against puerto ricans....

On topic: If you feel the need to "get it out of your system" the relationship is likely doomed and you might as well end it as soon as possible so you aren"t wasting anyone"s time. I don"t foresee breaking up with someone so you can sleep around and hoping to get back together as something that the other person is going to be embracing with open arms.

Awlbiste_sl

shitlord
Vim said:
Two questions:
Like everyone else has said, if you want to fuck around to get more "experience" then break up with your girlfriend.

I"m also not sure why you think you need to break up for more experience to know you "love, understand and desire each other." I"m pretty sure you know these things by actually just being in the relationship. You don"t take some time off, go fuck other people, get back together and go "Well baby, now I know I truly love, understand, and desire you."