Girls who broke your heart thread

Malkav

French Madman
Poor thing, it hurts so much being pinched by a girl that you had to grab her by the throat and threaten her in front of people (who may have seen anything or not, that"s not the point)?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Heylel Teomim said:
I knew this was a bad place to vent :p
Sorry bro I"ll tell you what you want to hear.

Women are dangerous creatures. Physically they are imposing and I can often times recant a tale of when one of these monstrous creatures would take their well toned index finger and thumb and grasp them together on my weak, frail arm. You are in all right to complete wig the fuck out at this absolute atrocity. I am going to commend you on your restraint of not socking the bitch right in the face for doing this heinous, flirty action.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Heylel Teomim said:
My girl and I had our first argument last night, and I can"t really tell how bad it is. The gist of it is that we were at dinner, she pinched me (I realize it sounds trivial, but this was hard enough to bruise on that nerve cluster-like area on the back of the arm) and I got mad enough to lose my temper. I reached around to her shoulder and pulled her to me so I could keep my voice low and avoid a scene while I told her to knock it the fuck off. That made me the bad guy apparently, and now she"s livid while I"m over what was a relatively small matter.
Dude that sounds like a reaction you would give your unruly child while out to eat...not an adult, much less your girlfriend. Maybe that was one of the reasons she was so upset.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Fair point, I know I overreacted. Mainly out of surprise. Still, am I just supposed to let her run roughshod whenever she pulls little stunts designed specifically to annoy me? I"ve tried calmly asking, and that gets me nowhere. She doesn"t act out unless we"re around other people.

At what point am I allowed to just get fed up at being deliberately irritated?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Have you tried sitting her down like an adult and having a conversation about your displeasure instead of wigging out in a crowded place?

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Heylel Teomim said:
I knew this was a bad place to vent :p
Were you already pissed about something? Sounds like a minor thing to get all pissy about. Like what was said above she"s probably more embarrassed than anything. Either it was an accident or she was trying to push her limits, either way you handled it wrong. Talk to her, be a man about it, let her know her vicious talons are too much for you to handle.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Tenks said:
Have you tried sitting her down like an adult and having a conversation about your displeasure instead of wigging out in a crowded place?
Of course. She just thinks its cute, and this sort of thing is often enough that I"ve had people we know, men and women both, ask me why I put up with it. This isn"t an isolated incident.

I know I handled it wrong. Overreacting isn"t something that comes naturally to me. I"ve already apologized, but neither of us were in the right.

Rabkorik_foh

shitlord
Heylel Teomim said:
Fair point, I know I overreacted. Mainly out of surprise. Still, am I just supposed to let her run roughshod whenever she pulls little stunts designed specifically to annoy me? I"ve tried calmly asking, and that gets me nowhere. She doesn"t act out unless we"re around other people.

At what point am I allowed to just get fed up at being deliberately irritated?
The beauty of agoodrelationship is that you can annoy the living shit out of each other!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You"re allowed to be irritated but what you aren"t allowed is to react the way you did. I would have simply called her out on it, asked her why she was acting like a 5 year old at a dinner table, but in a calm voice and making direct eye contact with her. I"m not about to get my shit bruised up either but at least address her like an adult man, treating them like you"re their parent wont get anywhere.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I can certainly appreciate where the impulse comes from, you just gotta repress it is all. If you walk into a chair at a funeral and bang yourself right in that soft part under your knee cap you wouldn"t throw the chair at the wall as is your first impulse would you?

And yeah, you better off yelling at her than laying hands. Lesson learned.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Heylel Teomim said:
Of course. She just thinks its cute, and this sort of thing is often enough that I"ve had people we know, men and women both, ask me why I put up with it. This isn"t an isolated incident.

I know I handled it wrong. Overreacting isn"t something that comes naturally to me. I"ve already apologized, but neither of us were in the right.
In that case I"d let her know that you weren"t going to take her out and around other people until she can show you she"s able to respect your boundaries. If she flips out then that should tell you right there shit aint gonna change and perhaps its time you cut her free.

Or stoop to her level and pinch her ass back and see how she likes it. Maybe shes one of those people who needs to be put into the other persons shoes? she sounds like a bitch honestly.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, apparently. I figured yelling would have made her angrier than trying not to make a scene. Now I know.

Heylel Teomim said:

Maybe if she is too childish for you, you should break up with her.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Honestly, if this isn"t an isolated incident you have all the right to be pissed. It sounds like the reason you flipped was because you"ve been holding back your anger when she acts this way. She"s trying to raise her "status" by putting you down and it sounds like you"ve been letting her which is all kinds of bad. This is a delicate situation and could be the start of the end of your relationship. She does sound like a bitch, but it sounds like you"re letting her be.

She"s trying to get a rise out of you. You need to tell her once and only once that acting that way isn"t cool, bring up incidents. Apologize for your reaction. She will probably try and flip it and say you"re being childish, but you know she"s the one being childish. If she keeps defending her actions tell her the consequences will never be the same.

Awlbiste_sl

shitlord
Sounds like she"s being a bitch and trying to do those asinine attention grabbing things some women do. But you shouldn"t have grabbed her like that. Personally I"d just say "cut that shit out." Potentially add in "or I"m leaving."

She"s in the wrong by doing that in the first place but, as everyone else has said, your reaction wasn"t wise. Frankly if some asshole pulled shit like that on me more than twice, especially after being told, they"d be out on their ass. Fuck putting up with all of that.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
PigBenis said:
She"s trying to raise her "status" by putting you down and it sounds like you"ve been letting her which is all kinds of bad.
It"s this. When it"s just the two of us, there"s really no problem at all. It"s when we"re out somewhere that she starts picking.

Again, I know I overreacted, but I at least hope I have her attention. If not, well...

Heylel Teomim said:
It"s this. When it"s just the two of us, there"s really no problem at all. It"s when we"re out somewhere that she starts picking.

Again, I know I overreacted, but I at least hope I have her attention. If not, well...
This bitch sounds like she has some issues. I"d say let her go....depending on how long you"ve been together/how you feel about her. I don"t fucking care if she thinks its cute - if this isn"t the first time, and if it actually leaves marks (Ignore some people here, I know pinching can often be more painful than punching), you need to drop this crazy.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Heh, I know it sounds lame as hell but it left a bruise about the size of a half dollar on my tricep. In the grand scheme that"s no big deal; I"ve had way worse from mosh pits or rough housing around with friends. I just want to be clear that this wasn"t some teehee-cute-flirty thing, it hurt like a bitch.

In any event, it"s the larger issue we need to discuss. I get off in a couple hours and will call her them. I do care about the girl, and the sad thing is that we"ve been getting along really great for the last month or two (we"ve been off/on for almost a year now). I would hate to scuttle a relationship over such an insignificant event, even if it does speak to larger concerns.