Girls who broke your heart thread

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Wrathcaster said:
Why? In my experience sociopath sex is some of the best on the planet.
Grayson Carlyle said:
If you"re looking for a relationship, you can waste a lot of time with a sociopath as they fake their way through it until it inevitably comes crashing down around you. Been there, done that.

But yah, the sex is great. It would just be good to know before you waste a year of your life that they"re better off as a fuck buddy.
...They come to me and they tell me their fucked up opinions like I"m a confessional or just a safe haven for them to admit their most fucked up thoughts. Some of the things they tell me, If I recorded their conversations, I could destroy their reputation. I"m tempted to start doing it, if I knew in advance anyway, I usually sever ties--dangerous people they are.

Palum_foh

shitlord
I need sage advice, FOH, I"m considering something exceptionally stupid. I started a new job in November along with this chick. I"ve always had a long standing rule against workplace dating, just because I didn"t want to deal with it... but maybe that"s simply because I didn"t meet anyone who I really had any desire to date at work until now. Long story short, all else considered I would ask her out except for the fact that she works literally in the cubicle next to me and we are in the same department (we don"t really work together though, we each have our own projects and responsibilities). I think we"re both professional enough so that if I just casually ask her out it won"t be a huge deal (either way) but damn the circumstances just bother me.

I"m trying to decide at what point the playful banter and flirting and interest in non-work topics of conversation becomes enough that it isn"t just boredom and I should just go for it. Also, as cowardly as it is I"m considering just using facebook (we"re "friends") so as to limit the risk of an awkward situation.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Palum said:
I need sage advice, FOH, I"m considering something exceptionally stupid. I started a new job in November along with this chick. I"ve always had a long standing rule against workplace dating, just because I didn"t want to deal with it... but maybe that"s simply because I didn"t meet anyone who I really had any desire to date at work until now. Long story short, all else considered I would ask her out except for the fact that she works literally in the cubicle next to me and we are in the same department (we don"t really work together though, we each have our own projects and responsibilities). I think we"re both professional enough so that if I just casually ask her out it won"t be a huge deal (either way) but damn the circumstances just bother me.

I"m trying to decide at what point the playful banter and flirting and interest in non-work topics of conversation becomes enough that it isn"t just boredom and I should just go for it. Also, as cowardly as it is I"m considering just using facebook (we"re "friends") so as to limit the risk of an awkward situation.
I"ve seen it work out fairly often, so your odds are probably decent. Of course if it fails spectacularly, we"ll be here to laugh at your misfortune.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Palum said:

How experienced are you with dating and/or women? This will greatly influence my advice.

It could be a terrible situation for you to put yourself in as it"s quite feasible that one or both of you end up quitting over the failed advances,orif you lay it on just right you could relax while she does your work for you. Sadly, I"ve experienced both.

Palum_foh

shitlord
Haast said:
I"ve seen it work out fairly often, so your odds are probably decent. Of course if it fails spectacularly, we"ll be here to laugh at your misfortune.
It is tempting to attempt this for science.

But my classes also start this week and I get to take two political science electives this semester, so unlike my grad level programming classes there"s a chance I"ll see a female or two in one of those. Maybe I should do due diligence for my prospects at school this semester first.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Oh man, imagine you guys have a huge falling out, or she cheats on you, and THEN you have to see her everyday, every minute you"re working.. haha fuck that, one tough way getting over her by seeing her everyday jesus

Palum_foh

shitlord
Dandai said:
How experienced are you with dating and/or women? This will greatly influence my advice.
I"m not retarded about it, but I"m not a player at all. Dating has just been on the backburner for awhile so I"ve only been out on 3 dates in the past 6 months or so due to new career/moving/time/etc.

W

Wrathcaster

Palum said:

Wouldn"t recommend it, because of the following possibilities:

a.) if shit goes well and you start up a relationship, there"s virtually no way you can get away from her. you"ll see her next to you all day, and then in your free time you"ll see her too. You"ll never be able to bullshit your way out of obligations with the standards "shit"s crazy at work" or use work as an excuse for being somewhere late, since she"ll intimately know your work schedule as well as you do. Also, she"ll be able to monitor you nearly continuously, which is just horrible if you"ve spent any time around women at all.

b.) if shit goes well and you start off a relationship, and then shit hits the fan and you break up/she cheats on you/you cheat on her/she gives you AIDS, see above. You"ll never be able to get away from her. If she"s the one who dumps you, it"ll be nigh impossible to get over it and you"ll be miserable all the time at work. If you dump her, you"ll be miserable with a crazy, emotional, and possibly angry woman you can"t escape. If you ever want to bang another chick at work beside her, she"s going to make that hell for you. Plus there is a serious possibility for revenge career sabotage if she turns out to be the vindictive type.

c.) If shit doesn"t go well and she turns you down, there"s a potential for awkwardness that could interfere with your work. You say she"s a professional, but it"s hard to completely predict how someone will react to advances. Professionalism and romance are largely exclusive, IMO. It might not be that bad, but then again you don"t want your new job to suck right off the bat because you"re stuck in an uncomfortable situation.

Now a story from my personal work dating experience: I had just started a new job and a few weeks into training I started banging a co-worker. We dated for a while and it got old really, really quickly. She was horribly clingy and I finally just quit the job and moved to get away from her. She also had three nipples (dead serious).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Palum said:
I"m not retarded about it, but I"m not a player at all. Dating has just been on the backburner for awhile so I"ve only been out on 3 dates in the past 6 months or so due to new career/moving/time/etc.
Ya, don"t do it.

When I was in the army I worked with this chick in my supply room. Prior to this unit I was in an airborne infantry unit (read: all men) so working with chicks was very new to me. She wasn"t that amazing, but I"d never been with an army chick before so I thought I"d try it out for novelty"s sake. I felt out the situation for a few weeks and invited everyone I worked with over to my place for a barbecue. I got a couple drinks in her and she stayed around after everyone left. We had sex and I used the after glow to really set the hook.

It was great for the first few weeks afterwards because she would go out of her way to do things at work that I would normally do - nothing crazy, just stuff like taking out the trash, doing paperwork, vacuuming the floor, etc. That eventually cooled down, but there were some consequences that I hadn"t foreseen when I first started hitting it. I ended up being promoted over her and was formally her superior... I tried asking her politely to do things at first, but she would be real catty about shit and say things like, "Why isn"t Soandso doing that? You always pick on me!"

I ended up convincing her to follow her dreams of becoming an MP and pushed that paperwork up the chain to make sure she got to go. Even though we never openly talked about any sort of relationship with our coworkers, the first sergeant could tell that there was something going on so he didn"t take much convincing to get her out of there once I got promoted. I never messed with an army chick again.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
should i bang my new roommate? she"s not very pretty, and kind of a slob, but she seems like she would be great at taking the dick. plus i"m kind of in a tough spot right now, 25 in grad school, not much money, living in this fucking dump, so it would be something to do to pass the time.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
Palum said:
Unless you plan on marrying this chick, pass it up. Even then, it"d probably be a good idea to not do it.

Couldntbe_foh

shitlord
Nay.....a thousand times nay.

The potential consequences have been spelled out in the majority of the preceding posts. Emtional turmoil would be the most likely result.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ser Kegkilla said:
should i bang my new roommate? she"s not very pretty, and kind of a slob, but she seems like she would be great at taking the dick. plus i"m kind of in a tough spot right now, 25 in grad school, not much money, living in this fucking dump, so it would be something to do to pass the time.
Bang her like a drum.Like these guys do it

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seananigans said:
That"s the joke.
So that you sound less retarded in the future...

It"s charges have been filed. Or if only 1 charge... A charge has been filed.

Charges: A criminal charge is a formal accusation made by a governmental authority asserting that somebody has committed a crime.

Filed meaning the paperwork has been filled out, like put into a filing cabinet.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Palum said:
I"m trying to decide at what point the playful banter and flirting and interest in non-work topics of conversation becomes enough that it isn"t just boredom and I should just go for it.
Enjoy the playful banter and flirting at work, be glad you have eye candy at work. Don"t ruin it by taking it beyond that. My dad met my stepmother at work, she went from a nice person to a complete and total bitch.

Good work environment > all

Don"t shit where you eat.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Don"t date at work. Seriously.

Something else:
My best friend, whom I have known for 12 years now, the one who helped me through the abusive relationship with crazy-ex (well it was emotionally abusive at least), the person I can 100% rely on to give me his last shirt, ended his relationship (again) in november. His ex was really stupid and their relationship was going nowhere at all, so everyone applauded him on the decision.

He then proceeded to date and bang the woman of his dreams, someone whom he knows for 9 years or something. Life was all great, until she started showing her darker side...

A little backstory: so this woman is 31, give or take a year, always had shitty jobs until she went and sat on her ass to get a degree so she can work for the state. Not bad, his last girls/women weren"t that driven for success. She earned very little money in that period, had to move around the time they got together (relocating for new job to start after her exam results come through). So he did what every upstanding idiot would do and took her in.

Not much later they were a couple. Now keep in mind she"s really thin, and he"s... fat. Not ultra huge, but easily 280 lbs. I always wondered how that works.

In the first few weeks that didn"t seem to matter, she loved him for his character, yadda yadda, until one day she told him the sex would be so much better if he wasn"t so fat.

Ouch.

She also didn"t contribute financially, i.e. heating, electricity, food... she didn"t even try to compensate him for what she used up. He wasn"t going to have her pay half the rent, but a token effort would be considered polite I guess... she might at least have asked, he could still turn down the offer.

So anyway as the year ended and the new year started he realized that this wasn"t it, after all. He tried waiting a bit to see if she changed. Nothing of that sort happened though. She borrowed his car because hers had to be repaired, she burned through a full tank of gas, and refilled about 1/8 of a tank before she gave it back.

She also lied to him about only getting 300 (monies) per month when in truth she got 850 ... he stumbled across a salary note by accident (sorting the trash or something... or maybe he went looking for it, but I wouldn"t think of him that way).

He told her he considers the relationship to be over as of today, and to pack her stuff and GTFO. Her reply was along the lines of "took you long to realize that".

My best friend feels used and I have no idea how to comfort him. All the "she wasn"t the one" or "she"s not worth it" or "look forward, not back" can"t really cheer him up.

She really broke his heart because he was 100% sure this would be the woman he wants to live his life with. Now he"s "done with women" and "will resort to whacking off in front of the tv".

Guy will be 39 this year... insert "forever alone.jpg"

I think I"ll have to get drunk with him.