Girls who broke your heart thread

blizzak_foh

shitlord
Explain in your profile that baldness is due to having higher levels of testosterone. I told this to a female friend of mine and she commented that I had a full head of hair to which I responded "because I masturbate 4 times a day to keep my hair thick" She asked if that was true and I told here "yes I"m a chronic masturbator" After telling me to go fuck myself she decided to date the dude and find out for herself if he was bursting with manliness lol.

Seriously, I have a great head of hair and I"m not taking any chances fapfapfapfapfap...

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Eomer said:
From my perspective, when I"m trolling the site looking for girls to message, I"m not generally messaging ones that are anything but unequivocally hot (which may be part of my response problem, cough) because shit, why would I? There"s hundreds of them on here! So I can totally understand why a women receiving a message from a decent looking but bald guy would choose to ignore it. I"m not offended or anything.

Opinions?

edit: oh and I wasn"t using the divorce line or anything, just fairly short messages saying something to the effect of "hey, I see you like X and Y, I done Z before. Have you been to W?" Just short, friendly, and attempting to make it obvious that I did in fact read their profile.

Also, would someone please start serial killing chicks who post pics of their dogs? Jesus.
I"m not sure how much time you have to go to charity events and things, but they are an awesome place to meet hot chicks. Most of them are successful and have good jobs and are single etc. It might be worth a shot to try something like that and see who you meet. The cost is kind of a barrier to entry and everyone there knows that everyone else there is doing fairly well so the money thing isn"t really an issue.

I think everyone would agree they don"t want a woman who only wants their money but it matters. It"s not like someone has to get married to someone they meet right away, that"s what dating is for. Anyone with any sense would recognize a shitty chick in it just for the money fairly quickly. That being said....all else being the same, of course a woman would want to be with the guy with more wealth or the guy with the ambition and drive that leads to wealth and success.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Grumpus said:
Whats with girls cheating these days? I don"t remember the last time I heard about a dude cheating on a chic. But I hear stories of cheating girls every day it seems.

Somehow the guys always come out looking bad to, wtf.
With Facebook and smart phones etc, it"s so much easier these days to get in touch with someone or keep in touch with them after years that anyone that decides not to be faithful has people interested in them coming at them from all angles. It just boils down to shitty people making shitty decisions and not truly caring about what the consequences are. Someone could get into a fight and post some whiny bullshit on Facebook and some random dude from college can send her a message and end up hooking up with her out of it. So many people cheat all the time. I have a friend who swears up and down that he has never cheated on a girl but does it all the time and makes up some excuse how it"s not cheating to somehow justify it to himself lol. As far as why chicks do it I dunno man, bitches be crazy.

Maybe Aamina is on to something, get a fat chick and you don"t have to worry about a thing.

vegetoee_foh

shitlord
Kenadul said:
With Facebook and smart phones etc, it"s so much easier these days to get in touch with someone or keep in touch with them after years that anyone that decides not to be faithful has people interested in them coming at them from all angles. It just boils down to shitty people making shitty decisions and not truly caring about what the consequences are. Someone could get into a fight and post some whiny bullshit on Facebook and some random dude from college can send her a message and end up hooking up with her out of it. So many people cheat all the time. I have a friend who swears up and down that he has never cheated on a girl but does it all the time and makes up some excuse how it"s not cheating to somehow justify it to himself lol. As far as why chicks do it I dunno man, bitches be crazy.

Maybe Aamina is on to something, get a fat chick and you don"t have to worry about a thing.
Or a foreign girl. Not they are much better, but still.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Kenadul said:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/svt06ZJHieo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or a foreign girl. Not they are much better, but still.
Crazy is global.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Tenks said:
I generally wasn"t the messenger on POF. I usually let them come to me. Click their profile, they can view their traffic. Usually I"d get some line about "Oh I"m not good enough to message! " and I"d just go from there.

Well I say that but I"d say I initiated a bit less than half. Generally the ones that panned out the best were chicks who messaged me first.
I agree with this also. I"ve gotten good bites from my messages, but a lot of my meets are from girls messaging me first. I don"t have the experience tenks mentioned of "why didn"t you message me?", but I wonder if there"s something to that. Most guys presumably will message a hot girl after viewing their profile, so if you don"t, that could be either a demonstration of value or a "neg," if you"re into that lingo, that you willingly pass up a hot girl.

Another disqualification that popped up is if you see a girl that likes snow boarding, say you like x,y,z about her but you can never be friends because you ski and she boards. It"s obviously a joke, but that statement conveys a powerful message anyway. My entire game relies around disqualifying myself, teasing, and wavering between strong interest and total disinterest. I suck at being sweet or romantic or any quick bonding abilities, but the shit I do is powerful enough to make up for that usually. Alcohol helps the latter, as well.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Jesus christ, do you guys think I am Scrooge McDuck or something?

Evelys said:
I suggest a top hat.
Done.

Dabamf said:
Another disqualification that popped up is if you see a girl that likes snow boarding, say you like x,y,z about her but you can never be friends because you ski and she boards. It"s obviously a joke, but that statement conveys a powerful message anyway.
Thanks, that"s the most useful advice I"ve gotten, if it does anything that is. Also perfect because I do have a healthy disrespect for snowboarders and everything they do.

Ravvenn_sl

shitlord
I can"t give feedback as someone who is up to your standards, however, this is based off of my personal experience on dating websites.

I don"t know the statistics on those things, so I"m only guessing. I do feel like more men send messages than women do and a great deal of those men do not read the profile of the woman they send a message to.

Some of these women may only visit the website a couple times a month, which is what I do. Furthermore, I get roughly 150 messages every month. I"d say at least half of those men did not read my profile, much less look at any of the "match" percentages, and/or what I am looking for.

For example, my profile says I am not looking for a relationship/love. Tons of men message me about looking for their soul mate, wanting to get married, etc.. Other men blatantly disregard any age requirements I have, and it"s almost always the younger men who are guilty of this. I"ve had a few guys who were 90-98% enemy and 0-2% match for me, yet still send me messages. I am not busted up or anything, but I"m nowhere near being a 10. Sometimes it feels like men on those websites just message every single woman over a 6 and hope for the best, which if I"m right, that would explain why I have so many messages.

It"s annoying at times, because at least half of the men who message me shouldn"t. We have nothing in common, they"re too young or too old, they"re looking for a wife and I"m looking for someone to hang out with now and then (maybe they think it"s a challenge?). I guess what I"m saying is I know I"m not alone, and if you"re sending messages only to women who are 9"s and 10"s, they probably have twice as many messages as I do.

One of the guys who shouldn"t have messaged me but did anyway, went on and on about what we have in common. I took the time to compare the two of us and I couldn"t find anything we truly had in common (shit like preferring Coke over Pepsi doesn"t count). It was the first time I didn"t just ignore the message and instead, I replied listing off many of the things we didnothave in common. A great majority of those being things we had both marked as Mandatory/Deal Breakers that our opinions clashed on.

His reply was pretty pathetic, because he rolled over on all of his beliefs and on the ones he couldn"t get out of, he claimed his drunk friend filled out his profile (or something equally retarded). He pointed out that what we had in common was enjoying things like floating on rafts in a pool. Yep.

As long as their message doesn"t read like a text from a 13 year old girl (or Tyen"s girlfriend), I"ll actually read them when I have the time (which means when I"m bored and ran out of ways to entertain myself online).

I personally don"t care if they have hair or not, as long as it"s not too long, fro-ish/frizzy, etc.. If they"re bald, it would be nice if their head didn"t look deformed, abnormally lumpy, or cone-shaped.

I don"t particularly think it"s a good idea to post your income in the event you"re looking for something more than a bed warmer. That"s just my opinion though. I don"t date women, and I"m not really good at this whole dating thing, so I really have no idea what the fuck I"m even talking about.

I should share some of the messages I"ve gotten on dating websites. Some are downright offensive, others pathetic/desperate/creepy, and I"ve had a few gems that were pleasantly surprising. I really like messages that are well written, not generic or loaded with old/played out witty lines, and messages that are funny and lengthy (nothing excessive). I also like when they have pictures in different environments/settings, and not just in their car or bathroom (do any of you ever clean your mirrors???).

Maybe your messages are generic, or perhaps you come off as arrogant instead of confident, or passive instead of polite, etc.. Also, she could just have a lot of messages and it could take her a while to reply. I don"t typically reply for 2+ weeks. Not because I"m rude or playing a mind-game, but because there"s a lot of stupid messages to weed through and I don"t visit those websites more than a few times per month. Sorry if it"s been shared before, but if not, could you PM it (your profile) to me (even the content ((About Me and/or Pictures)) if you don"t want to share a link)?

PS: Excuse any typos and shit. It"s going on 6am and I haven"t slept (have issues with insomnia sometimes).

opiate82 said:
Ya, I"d find a way to set yourself apart either with your profile and/or the message you send out. I have a couple of buddies who keep bringing in girls from dating sites and I always quiz the hot ones. "Why do you even need a dating site? Why did you pick my buddy? etc."

They tell me that they are getting dozens upon dozens of message per day so they can be extremely picky and you need to set yourself apart to get their attention.

Maybe include some photos of you on nice vacations and such, something that screams "I have money bitches!"

It may seem shallow to use your money to leverage dates but studies show that women are attracted to it. One I heard about not to long ago they took the same guy, in the same clothes and put him in a nice sports car then in a Toyota Camry and asked women to rate his attractiveness. I don"t remember the exact numbers but it was staggering how much more highly rated the guy was when driving the sports car vs. the Camry. Money doesn"t have to be the foundation of your relationship, but definitely use it to get your foot in the door.
this is dead on *shrug*....and 100% OKAY.

substitute money for looks in the above and its what men do.

if you guys can judge a book by its cover, so can women. period. its the way humans are wired. men go for looks, women go for providers. and men having an initial attraction based on looks is ok. just as women being initially attracted to stability is ok.

if you don"t like it, start a new trend by dating ugly fat chicks. if my husband didn"t have a career when I met him I would have done with some of the other guys I dated who were on a path to nowhere - just for fun and attention, nothing serious. and I"m one of those chicks who is extremely career driven so it wasn"t like I wanted to be taken care of - I just don"t want to be taking care of someone else.

til then those of you who profess to only be interested in dating 10"s complaining about "shallow materialistic whores" can kindly stfu, hypocrites.

@eomer - you can absolutely signal that you"re a professional and have a successful career. its all in how you do it. and all you"re looking for is an initial connection. then its up to you to weed out the ones that are *ONLY* in it for the money and nothing else. if you lack the self control to get rid of the hot ones in favor of the ones who maybe just meet your standards (or say, have an equivalent level of attractiveness as you offer to them) and aren"t interested in only the money, then don"t blame women, blame your self control.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Eomer said:
Thanks, that"s the most useful advice I"ve gotten, if it does anything that is.
bro what"s the view like up there on your high horse? first of all, you are scouring plenty of fish for dateable women. i don"t know what things are like up there in cannuck country, but down here POF is the white pages of hood rats. and here you are worry about attracting the "wrong kind of girls." news flash, they"re all the "wrong kind of girls" hence why they"re on the site to begin with.

i don"t understand what your aversion to leveraging the fact that you got a ton of money is. i don"t know how old you are, i think mid 30s at least, but at that age women have pretty much stopped caring about men"s looks and are looking for a "successful" man AKA someone who has money. this is the real world, not some disney cartoon where a princess is going to fall for you and your lovely chrome dome just because she realizes you have a heart of gold. you gotta work with what you got.

if you are still intent on searching for a woman not interested in your wealth, you and me could team up and give frank and charlie"s plan a shot:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GYo_3uCgBjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

W

Wrathcaster

Eomer-

Even if you aren"t actually rich, and your objective is just to find someone to bang, cash is king in maximizing your odds. Before I put in my profile that I was a law student about to finish school, the percentage of hotties that would respond was much, much lower. In reality, I have no money, am so deeply in debt that I likely won"t have money for years, and at the moment, don"t even have a job. But it"s obscenely easy to fake it if you"re in the right career field, or can make it sound like you"re in the right career field.

Sad but true, money makes a major difference in success with hot chicks on dating websites. I had pretty much written off the whole experience until I discovered this, but once I indicated on my profile that I had a high likelyhood of being rich, things changed nearly immediately. Even chicks who didn"t respond started hitting me up once I changed my profile.

Just make sure you find a somewhat subtle, non-explicit way to do it. If you straight up state "I AM RICH FUCK ME" you"re just going to come off as desperate and sleazy.

If you"re looking for someone to have a relationship, online dating"s probably not the best option. In my experience it"s a weird breed of female that use those sites, and a lot of time sadly it also indicates some desperation on their parts as well. Why would a decent-looking chick need an online service to find dudes? Even ugly chicks have a much, much easier time finding someone to hook up with/date than your typical dude, so I"m always suspicious of the females I meet through dating websites.

As a last note, I send bizarre ass messages a lot of the time and this has seemed to work well for me. I also use the cheesiest possible pickup lines as a joke and this seems to work as well. I remember hitting up one chick that said in her profile she was a debt collector. I sent a message saying "If you were a defaulted loan, I"d totally collect." Absolutely could not believe she responded at all, even more surprised that she agreed to meet up.

EDIT: Then again, I have a full head of hair, am young, not overweight, and apparently fairly attractive. I also have pics that show various different looks I"ve had over the years, because I grow hair at an obscene rate so I never really look the same month to month. Some chicks like long hair, so I have pics from when my hair was long. Some like facial hair, so I have pics from when I had a beard. Some like the clean cut thing so I have those too, and I also have pics of myself wearing a range of clothes, from clubwear to suits and everything in between.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Dabamf said:
I agree with this also. I"ve gotten good bites from my messages, but a lot of my meets are from girls messaging me first. I don"t have the experience tenks mentioned of "why didn"t you message me?", but I wonder if there"s something to that. Most guys presumably will message a hot girl after viewing their profile, so if you don"t, that could be either a demonstration of value or a "neg," if you"re into that lingo, that you willingly pass up a hot girl.
That was the basic idea behind it. Like you said hot girls on dating websites get atonof messages from people. Generally creepy and I"m sure 9/10 they immediately delete. It is very, very difficult to set yourself apart. So I just decided to skip the first step. Traffic their page and leave. They are not used to a decent looking, normal sounding person visit their page and not give them a line. Obviously this method wouldn"t really work if your profile isn"t really good. I"d pretty much would say unless your profile text is outstanding and you are not above average in the looks department this method wouldn"t work. So now you"re a rare male on the site with a good profileandyou did not message them. It is basically going to make them wonder whats up.

So like I said I get some sort of flirty "Oh just visiting?" message or something equally stupid back. I"d just basically respond saying yeah I thought your profile picture was cute but I didn"t think we had enough in common. Again you are doing a complete 180 of what she generally hears on the site. You admit she is attractive. She gets 15 messages a day telling her she is hot. No need to even sidestep it. However you disqualified her based upon personality and interests. Generally you"ll get a message back asking why and at that point you can start trying to ask questions, get responses and build up a rapporteur.

Online dating is, imho, 10x harder than meeting girls out in the wild. There are landmines everywhere you can step on and since they have nothing invested in you outside of a few emails can just take you off the radar entirely. It is rough.

Silence_sl

shitlord
So, Jerob is telling me this isn"t anything, but I know better. The whole fucking thing is a runway.

Really? C"mon Jerob, the entire fucking paved lot is a long-assed runway.

All of it.