Girls who broke your heart thread

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
xanax isn"t medicine, it"s a drug. fun to snort at parties, but becoming dependent on it is a bad idea for a number of reasons.

"anxiety" is such an overblown crock of shit. occasionally, it"s a legitimate medical condition, but 90% of the time it"s just people who suck at living life. people just need to learn how to relax and get their shit together, hit the gym and do some deadlifts or something.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ser Kegkilla said:
anxiety is all in the mind to begin with, purely mental. taking medication is a crutch and not a long term solution to your problem. strengthen your mind, no more anxiety.
Ya I totally agree, I always approach situations with that mindset. I don"t believe in anti depressants etc. Just prolonging the problem and creating more (addiction) by relying on them.

Her anxiety stemmed from parents divorce, along with her supposed diagnosis of depression. She preferred to just do therapy but her insurance wasn"t paying for every visit n she couldn"t afford it on her own. I think the insurance only covered visits in order to renew prescriptions.

So in that case some people are forced to use bandaid meds bc can"t afford to go to sessions.. shitty situation there

I wouldnt suggest blowing Xanax, a little birdy told me they usually break into a shitload of powder.. Im just gonna stop at that.

It"s funny how Xanax is a schedule 4 drug but seems to get abused a lot, I guess the dependency is what keeps it at 4.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Ser Kegkilla said:
xanax isn"t medicine, it"s a drug. fun to snort at parties, but becoming dependent on it is a bad idea for a number of reasons.

"anxiety" is such an overblown crock of shit. occasionally, it"s a legitimate medical condition, but 90% of the time it"s just people who suck at living life. people just need to learn how to relax and get their shit together, hit the gym and do some deadlifts or something.
Otay, Tom.

Ravvenn_sl

shitlord
lost said:
I"ve always been cautious with Xanax, at least regular use. I had an ex that would get them. We"d use them on the weekends for recreation, maybe half bar each to kick start, but she still took them for anxiety/panic attacks during the week..

Well the label said bar and half as needed daily.. She took a bar and half daily for like two months straight at least. I used to always joke ok cya later you"ll be passed out in 30 minutes..

Anyway point of story is she tried to stop taking them when she found out bar and half a day is ludicrous, she had some crazy headaches saying her brain would shake (or feel like it), and couldn"t eat, crazy anxiety and wanted to shoot herself from the pain. I mean she was like 120 lbs and 5"6, petite girl.

After that she realized she could "exchange" her 200 bar prescription for some weed. Ever since that I use Xanax sparingly.. but I don"t get panic attacks.

The interesting thing is that after awhile it was more of a placebo effect. She"d get anxiety, pop a xanax and instantly be calmed. If she didn"t take one shed feel she was going to get anxious. All in the mind

It"s examples like that, that promote my belief for medical marijuana. It calmed her just as well without the dependence.. or withdrawal syndrome.

1 bar = 2mg fyi
I am still amazed how people can use things like xanax, ambien, and the like for recreational use. I"ve only taken .25mg of xanax during the day (I break my .5 in half) on a few occasions and it did make me a little "bleh". I couldn"t take more than 1mg and not pass out, and I also don"t think I"d ever be able to take them on a daily basis. Which is why I won"t take shit my doctors suggest I do (like anxiety/anti-depressants). I"m not depressed nor do I have anxiety every day, so I don"t see the point in medicating myself daily or sabotaging my liver/kidneys over my inability to deal with stress like a normal person can.

I took ambien once and was woken up. I saw a fucking gremlin on my fireplace mantle. Not Gizmo, it was the scary one who led the trashing of the movie theater. I"ll never take it again.

I"m sure my lack of sleep and stress go hand-in-hand when I do have a panic attack. I don"t have REM sleep, which I was unaware of until I had an EEG several years ago. I know I am at least capable of it, because I do have one dream like once or twice every month or three, so there"s totally some potential for legit sleep. It doesn"t impact my energy levels too much until I get close to day 10 of sleep deprivation, that"s normally when I start to slow down and shortly before I crash out.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ravvenn said:
I am still amazed how people can use things like xanax, ambien, and the like for recreational use. I"ve only taken .25mg of xanax during the day (I break my .5 in half) on a few occasions and it did make me a little "bleh". I couldn"t take more than 1mg and not pass out, and I also don"t think I"d ever be able to take them on a daily basis. Which is why I won"t take shit my doctors suggest I do (like anxiety/anti-depressants). I"m not depressed nor do I have anxiety every day, so I don"t see the point in medicating myself daily or sabotaging my liver/kidneys over my inability to deal with stress like a normal person can.

I took ambien once and was woken up. I saw a fucking gremlin on my fireplace mantle. Not Gizmo, it was the scary one who led the trashing of the movie theater. I"ll never take it again.

I"m sure my lack of sleep and stress go hand-in-hand when I do have a panic attack. I don"t have REM sleep, which I was unaware of until I had an EEG several years ago. I know I am at least capable of it, because I do have one dream like once or twice every month or three, so there"s totally some potential for legit sleep. It doesn"t impact my energy levels too much until I get close to day 10 of sleep deprivation, that"s normally when I start to slow down and shortly before I crash out.
Ya I stay away from ambien. My ex took that too (lol), she slept walked on it and destroyed her bathroom, woke up and didn"t remember a thing. Parents said wtf the towel rack was torn off wall, shower curtain ripped off. Lol!

Xanax basically double your drinks when used recreationally. They don"t really make you tired until you stop and realize it, so you can go all night then be assured to pass out when you feel a comfy place to rest.

I just liked it to save money on drinks, and well girls get CRAZY on them, so many times I e heard a girl say I did what?!? I don"t remember anything! Hilarious stories, sometimes bad for their bfs. I haven"t really used it for that in years though, only first year of college.

Try smoking on ambien, that is crazy.. I"ve heard.

Ravvenn_sl

shitlord
Heh. You"re talking to a person who"s smoked weed enough times to count it on one hand and during one of those times, I cried because I thought I was "stuck high" forever. I can look at alcohol and get drunk.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ser Kegkilla said:
While I"m not sure I"d agree on it being "overblown", there is a reason it"s classified as a "disorder" and not an "illness." Most studies seem to suggest that while you can be "predisposed" to it, through family traits and such, it"s still entirely mental, and something you need to retrain your mind process to fix. Drugs are never going to fix the underlying cause of the heightened anxiety in the first place.

Charles Linden is what really helped me see the light after dealing with pretty bad anxiety issues for 2-3 years. He put it all in perspective in a way nothing else had before.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Do you sleep with a noise machine at all Lori? If I can"t sleep because I"m too busy thinking I just put on a little white noise and it makes me stupid apparently because I"ll zonk right out.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Ser Kegkilla said:

I agree with you to a point. I doubt you would say the same thing to someone taking drugs due to being Bi-Polar or having Schizophrenia. I think with the right therapy from the right therapist you can overcome most if not all chemical imbalances ... positive thought, coping mechanisms etc ... but in no way would that be an overnight process hence the need for chemical aid.

Depression, anxiety, insomnia, panic can all be very debilitating.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ravvenn said:
Heh. You"re talking to a person who"s smoked weed enough times to count it on one hand and during one of those times, I cried because I thought I was "stuck high" forever. I can look at alcohol and get drunk.
As my drugs teacher pointed out, a huge part of drug experience is learning the drug so you have expectations next time. He used marijuana as his example, people who haven"t smoked much feel paranoid, freak out, etc. I"d say one hand worth of smoking isn"t much experience. I didn"t think it was great either at first, I just kept saying wtf my throats on fire how is this awesome? I only dabbled with it bc of that ex that used it to substitute Xanax which translated into smoke all day (she did, not me).

I used to tell her the only way shed get me high is to shotgun it, she always beg me to get high bc I wasn"t interested in it at all. Plus shotgunning always lead to fun stuff plus it avoided my throat being on fire (and hoarse next day)

Anxiety is somewhat chemical related instead of just mind. You can take molly or cocaine that effect your neurotransmitters thus increasing anxiety or depression. But I still think a lot of it is mental.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Oblio said:
I agree with you to a point. I doubt you would say the same thing to someone taking drugs due to being Bi-Polar or having Schizophrenia. I think with the right therapy from the right therapist you can overcome most if not all chemical imbalances ... positive thought, coping mechanisms etc ... but in no way would that be an overnight process hence the need for chemical aid.

Depression, anxiety, insomnia, panic can all be very debilitating.
Except that Bi-Polar and Schizophrenia are both actual mental "illnesses" where anactualchemical imbalance exists. Anxiety is not one of those things.

Anxiety is caused by the Amygdala which stores and perpetuates the anxiety response

Anxiety (and therefore inappropriate anxiety) is subconsciously triggered by the Amygdala, a small organ in the brain.

Normally, the Amygdala operates at "calm/normal" status. When we are faced with an anxiety-provoking situation(such as a lion about to wreck our shit), the Amygdala switches to "anxious" and, depending on the level of threat perceived, initiates "self-preservation" responses within the body.

Once the threat has dissipated, the Amygdala reverts back to "calm/normal". The effects of the "self-preservation" responses may remain for a short time but eventually also fade as the body returns to a "resting" status.

Exposure to extreme or prolonged periods of anxiety can cause the Amygdala to become reset, establishing "anxious" as the new "default" anxiety level. The Amygdala has "learned" anxious behavior. YouKNOWlogically that you shouldn"t feel anxious but are powerless to do anything to change it.

The Amygdala now over-reacts to situations that would normally have low levels of threat with an exaggerated response and initiates extreme self-preservation mechanisms, normally reserved for potentially life-threatening scenarios. The net effect is that you don"t respond how you used to and you experience symptoms and sensations you never had before.

The individual subconsciously adopts an "anxious" disposition and has developed an anxiety disorder. However, the term "disorder" suggests "illness", which is incorrect. This condition has been "learned" and is, as such, a "behavioral" condition.

Panic attacks are the extreme manifestation of high anxiety and these happen because the body has developed a mechanism that uses up excess adrenalin in order to settle the body back to normal... in anxiety disorders, this doesn"t happen effectively and sufferers often experience extreme and sometimes frightening thoughts and sensations.

Firewalker

Silver Knight of the Realm
I"ve found that anxiety is a lot like fear. The best way to conquer fear is really all about how you begin the process. You have to approach it with a strong outlook, gather all of your positive resources and hit it with a concentrated front.

The break in is usually the hardest part. You usually want to take on your problems one at a time, or they can start to add up quickly and you have a real problem on your hand.

Also try not to get death touched.

Awlbiste_sl

shitlord
I"m so glad we have so many psychiatrists on this board. Until you"ve actually had panic disorder, you probably shouldn"t claim it"s all in your head.

And goddamn, a bar and a half of xanax a day is nuts.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Kirun said:
Except that Bi-Polar and Schizophrenia are both actual mental "illnesses" where anactualchemical imbalance exists. Anxiety is not one of those things.

Anxiety is caused by the Amygdala which stores and perpetuates the anxiety response
That is one school of thought, other studies have show Anxiety Disorder to come from genetics. Not trying to get with shitty you but your point is rather dismissive to other view points when there is no science to back it up 100%.

I am not saying I know for sure, but I have a tough not believing anxiety can be a symptom of a chemical imbalance with serotonin and dopamine.

EDIT: I was simply trying to point out to Keg that stress/panic/anxiety is not that black and white

Laven_foh

shitlord
As a former lead pharmacy tech in a very busy hospital setting, I have actually grown to dislike most meds, yes they are fine when you actually need them. But its disgusting how many nurses and doctors are addicted to that shit and will just steal from the med cart that sits in the halls that are supposed to be for emergency situations. And trying to replace the Vicodins with Acetaminophen isnt a good idea either, but they would do it all the time and will act dumb founded when that "Vicodin" isnt doing the trick for the patients who need them. Morphine patches and the like? Shit is guarded by security guards these days because of how quickly they turn up missing. Just my 2cent on that since I love talking about meds, wished I wouldve finished getting my PharmD but meh, I dont think I couldve taken that atmosphere for too long.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Kirun said:
So, at this point I feel like I should just be like "Look, it"s friendship or nothing, hoe!" But at the same time, I feel such vindication for all the bullshit "stringing along" women have done to me in the past and feel like I should keep up the charade as long as possible. Then there"s yet another part of me that says "Fuck it, there"s worse things than dating a pretty cool chick that has everything but looks going for her."

Help me FoH, you"re my only hope!
Who cares? Lol you didn"t even know her when she added you and she"s not attractive, I wouldn"t even worry about it. Let her post passive aggressive shit all day it"s pointless.