Girls who broke your heart thread

opiate82_foh

shitlord
Erronius said:
Guy: I"m hungry. Want to get something to eat?
Chick: Sure.
Guy: Where do you want to go?
Chick: I dunno, pick something. I can"t think of anything.
Guy: ...ok. How about BK?
Chick: Ugh! I don"t think I could stomach fast food.
Guy: Olive Garden?
Chick: Naw, that"s kinda fattening all those carbs.
Guy: Jason"s Deli?
Chick: Too expensive.
Guy: Chinese?
Chick: As if.
Guy: Well where the fuck do you want to go then?
Chick: I dunno, think of something.

I have said "fuck this" more than once, made a declaration...and then, as if by magic, it"s"Well, you don"t have to getMAD, sheesh! I guess I"ll go wherever you want to go. /rolls eyes"

Sometimes you just have to put your foot down andGO.
I think every single couple has this dumb argument. I just tell my wife to pick something. If she doesn"t I take her to Red Robin. I know she doesn"t want to go to Red Robin, hell except for the beerIdon"t want to go to Red Robin, but she has to put-up-or-shut-up on the food selection.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
opiate82 said:
I think every single couple has this dumb argument. I just tell my wife to pick something. If she doesn"t I take her to Red Robin. I know she doesn"t want to go to Red Robin, hell except for the beerIdon"t want to go to Red Robin, but she has to put-up-or-shut-up on the food selection.
My girlfriend and I use the "if you shoot it down, you a responsible for the next suggestion" method. Sometimes we go back and forth for a while, but both sides are having to put ideas out there.

Couldn"t agree more that the one sided suggestion/shootdown routine is irritating as fuck. It"s what made me think of the process we currently use.

trex

Queen Bee
I like your sig keg!

You are all cray. Menus are huge no matter where you go and if you can"t find something to eat on a giant ass menu than you are a ridiculous human being. I always let my man choose because his happiness is more important than my own. You guys need to teach your women some lessons.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
dangler said:
And what the deal with airplane food? And have you ever noticed that black people dance like this (all nice and shit) and white people dance like this (all stiff). *tap* *tap* is this thing on? /"90"s stand up comic
Don"t think he was trying to be funny.

You guys pick some shitty restaurants. Might be why the ideas always get shot down. Except for Cracker Barrel. That place is bomb.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
AlexTheDictator said:
Don"t think he was trying to be funny.

You guys pick some shitty restaurants. Might be why the ideas always get shot down. Except for Cracker Barrel. That place is bomb.
Fadis>Cheddars>anything else you can think of.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Trexmussen said:
You are all cray. Menus are huge no matter where you go and if you can"t find something to eat on a giant ass menu than you are a ridiculous human being. I always let my man choose because his happiness is more important than my own. You guys need to teach your women some lessons.
I used to be this way. I acted like ever i was with was lucky I even decided to be with them but after a while I found that I wasn"t happy. All I was getting was my dick wet and that was it. I then decided I wanted more and that"s how I got to my current cluster fuck of a situation. Ah well onward and upward as I always say.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Erronius said:
I have said "fuck this" more than once, made a declaration...and then, as if by magic, it"s"Well, you don"t have to getMAD, sheesh! I guess I"ll go wherever you want to go. /rolls eyes"

This is what all women want.

It"s what she actually wanted you to do in the first place, before you even asked her opinion.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Trexmussen said:
I like your sig keg!

I really hope you are kidding

Erronius said:
^^ I was going to say something along these lines.

I look at it like this. If she doesn"t go, then it isn"t your fault. If she starts crying that you go places w/o her, tell her to STFU. You offer, she refuses. It is then her fault, clearly. Don"t just stay at home to ho-hum with her.

I cannot fucking STAND women that want to argue where to go non-fucking-stop.

Guy: I"m hungry. Want to get something to eat?
Chick: Sure.
Guy: Where do you want to go?
Chick: I dunno, pick something. I can"t think of anything.
Guy: ...ok. How about BK?
Chick: Ugh! I don"t think I could stomach fast food.
Guy: Olive Garden?
Chick: Naw, that"s kinda fattening all those carbs.
Guy: Jason"s Deli?
Chick: Too expensive.
Guy: Chinese?
Chick: As if.
Guy: Well where the fuck do you want to go then?
Chick: I dunno, think of something.

Strike first with, Give me two places you want to eat and pick the lesser of the two evils. If they come back, give one good place and one shit place . Call it day

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
I find just saying where I"m going and if she wants to come with works. Don"t even give the illusion of choice ever. If she wants something specific she"ll ask.

But this comes from having friends and family that pull that ambiguous shit all the time. Now when asked, "Are you hungry?" I just pre-empt and say, "Yeah, let"s go get some chicken."

If they object just follow up with, "Got a better idea?" and leave it at that.

Phraseology is fun.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Stratos said:
eomer you are shitty at the text game and invariably do the "ok np anything is cool if you want to fuck I"ll just be over here waiting np it"d be cool no biggie no pressure just I"m over here, naked, waiting, for you"

need more "I"m an independent man with shit to do but if you"re serious gurl I can pencil you in and we can get this going, otherwise fuck off"
I don"t disagree, hence posting the texts to get insight on what I"m fucking up.

So the last text she sent me was: "Hey! I got conned in to working a few hours tonight. So I can"t hang out, but if I"m not dead of exhaustion on Sunday maybe we can go for a drink or something!!" (she"ll be bartending Fri/Sat)

My response later that night (Thursday):

Me: pfft, a likely story

Me: Sunday likely isn"t gonna work either. Have a belated bday dinner with the family and then beer league later

Her: haha it is a likely story. I busted my ass tonight!! K well we shall figure something out!! Have a good night and chat to u soon!!

Haven"t responded to her since. Considering not bothering unless she looks me up, getting sick of her flaking even though her reasons have been reasonably legitimate.

As it turns out apparently even my mom thinks I"m a doormat, as she emailed me this morning saying she"d forgotten to let the rest of the family know about dinner and she"s tired from baby sitting my niece and nephew so how does next weekend work instead? Love you too mom!

So as it turns out I could hang out with her Sunday after all as my hockey game isn"t until 10:30pm. Text her and see if she"s still up? Command her to hop on my penis? You decide!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
lol, coincidentally I was PMing a bit with Etoille about that, so I"ll just cross post that specific paragraph:

lol, again, I don"t have much if any romantic interest in Xerxes at all really. She"s fucking hot, and a good lay. I"m in the middle of a damn near year long dry spell with a couple oases along the way, so why wouldn"t I want to roll around with her? I"ve seen her once in the past six months or more, when she came to my Christmas party, otherwise we haven"t been hanging out at all. I think she got sick of me trying to get in to her pants when she just wants to be friends, and is also desperate to find herself a husband ASAP before the milk goes bad (she"s 33). On the other hand if I rang her up she"d hang out with me, if I wanted to.
She"s just not the right girl at all, and I don"t have any feelings for her past wanting to put my P in her V when she manages to stop talking for more than 30 seconds.

I find communication is a two-way street, and I just try not to associate with passive, indecisive dumb-fucks, as then it turns into me making decisions for everyone and them usually holding my decisions-on-their-behalf against me at some point.

The nice thing about not having dumb-fucks in one"s life is they have the balls and smarts to actually like things, want those things, and then find the capacity to formulate such desires into language. So, when they say "I"m not sure what I want to eat" you can trust they literally just aren"t sure this time, and aren"t just being passive-aggressive, weird, manipulative or socially retarded.

It"s nice knowing when the Gee-Ef says "I"m not sure what I want" I can trust she means it literally, and isn"t really trying to say "I know what I want but I"m not going to say it because I want you to guess and I really have other emotional issues bubbling under the surface that I can"t find ways to resolve so I"m manifesting them in basic interaction." Or worse, if they"re really saying "I"m a passive, indecisive dumb-fuck and will never, EVER know what I want and I"ll need you to do everything for yourself AND for me because I"m emotionally stunted or have some bullshit psychological issue that I use as a crutch and means to never have to act or think consciously."

Of course, good point with family, as I try not to just eliminate them from my life just because they can be dumb-fucks. At which times, I"m thankful to at least be not-a-dumb-fuck enough for both of us, so when my mom NEVER has a suggestion for where to eat, I know the things she likes to eat and places that she can stand and am able to suggest something she wants, just doesn"t know she does.

Especially if you"re in a relationship, though, nip the "I dunno, what do you want to do" shit in the bud. It gets old and becomes a drag. And if the other person can never, ever, under any circumstance seem to make simple, basic decisions, much less just suggestions, trust that when it"s time to make a big, life-altering decision, they"re going to take the same passive route and you"ll have to make it, and since it DOES matter to them (just like it does matter where you eat!) it will be held against you.

Basically, if you"re with someone that can"t take responsibility for even SUGGESTING a potential place to eat (or the like), they"re either: 1) afraid of taking responsibility and never will, even when it"s vital they do (so, what, when you"re in a coma and the doctor is asking what your wishes were in such a situation, is your S/O going to say "I dunno, doctor, what do YOU want to do?") or 2) they"re fucking retarded or damaged and obviously can"t interact on even a basic level (worst case scenario is the ex girlfriend who didn"t want to ever suggest somewhere to eat because she was afraid we"d go there, it would be the "wrong" place, I"d get angry at her for suggesting it and hit her.... woah, red flag, eh? I was just hungry!).

If a woman can"t ever decide where you"re going to eat, that shit needs explored and fixed, or she needs to be dropped. If you, as a "man", can"t ever decide, then pretend you had a daddy around growing up and grow a fucking pair. Two normal, even remotely healthy people can figure out where the fuck to eat together, or shouldn"t BE together.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I"ll give you some advice so you can do the exact opposite!

If you want to go out with her text her and say plans have changed you still wanna grab a drink. If you don"t then.. don"t?

Stratos_foh

shitlord
eomer, hang out with other people, other women this weekend. or play video games and jerk off.

or both.

but do not txt this bitch anymore. please.