Girls who broke your heart thread

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Grumpus said:
I work at a gym, I like this chic so I creeped her Facebook and we have a large amount of stuff in common.

My brain is struggling with this, there is basically no way we wouldn"t hit it off.
Dude, you two are clearly fated to be together...

WTF is wrong with you? There are so many red flags here that you shouldn"t even need to ask.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Just because you have a lot of shit in common doesn"t mean that you will hit it off.

Seriously, what the fuck. How does your brain even draw that conclusion?

Seths_foh

shitlord
Heylel Teomim said:
It"s a good rule to follow. There are certainly exceptions, but 25 is generally the cut-off that I"d look at as well. Along with "is she employed?" and "is her father a part of her life?". Those three things can really make a huge difference.
I think more than a number it"s a matter of how much life they"ve experienced. Girls that haven"t dated much, partied, seen parts of the world, basically had a healthy chunk of life experiences tend to be really immature and at some point feel a strong desire to go experience shit like that. I"ve known 20 year olds that had done so much in their life already they had gotten it out of their system and were more mature than some 28 year olds I know who starting experiencing things much later in life and were still really immature.

That tends to lead to breakups if they"re in a relationship at the time, or wild behavior during their mid to late 20"s.

Girls / Boys that have had experiences in their late teens or early 20"s are generally more mature by mid 20"s and are ready to start looking for something more long term. But like was said, a good general rule of thumb is 25+ if you"re looking for someone to be in a relationship with. 18+ if you"re looking for a lot of sex with someone who still has a great body.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Grumpus said:
So bros, I have a less serious questions for you.

I work at a gym, I like this chic so I creeped her Facebook and we have a large amount of stuff in common.

Two things, I work there so messing with a paying customer is whatever. Also she just turned 19, i"m 27.

My brain is struggling with this, there is basically no way we wouldn"t hit it off. On the other hand its a stupid idea to mess with a 19 year old at work. My friends told me heck no.

Drop some bro knowledge on me bros. Obviously there are exceptions and she could me mature for 19 (highly unlikely) but finding out would require hanging out outside the gym.
Me and Scarlett Johansen have so much in comin bro, I know we are just gonna hit it off awesome. I stalked her IMDb and just know it! Haha in all seriousness just talk to her and see what happens. As far as the age you know what you"re getting into there so just have fun. If you two actually click like the soul mates you think you are it could lead to some good content here.

Cathan_foh

shitlord
Seths said:
It sucks and I"ve thought about getting vindictive, but I"m not angry really just disgusted. I hate cheaters, and now she"s turned me into "the other guy" and I just feel kinda gross about it all.
I had similar shit happen to me many years ago. Met this hot girl, started fucking her, was right at the point of falling in love and boom she tosses a military ID card at me in a hotel room one night right after we finished fucking. I knew she wasn"t in the military and it hit me... dependent aka wife...

I freaked out for a minute. At first I was like tell your husband, who was in Kuwait, or we gotta split. She obviously didn"t. We stopped seeing each other and she ended up fucking another guy she used to date until her husband came home. She ran back to the husband and turned up pregnant. By the timing it wasn"t mine but only by 2 months. The whole thing was a train wreck and she was just one of those girls in the middle of mass drama.

Women like that you don"t want to be involved with anyway. It sucks being "the other guy" cause I swore I had better morals than to fuck a married woman until the ID got tossed in my lap. I"ve never fucked a married woman since though, except my own wife!

Edit: And on the idea of fucking a younger chick... I"ve mostly dated older women for the last forever and married a woman 3 years older than I am. I swapped my routine up once and dated a girl that was 24 when I was 31. Serious fucking train wreck. I don"t advise going that much younger. Chicks can be incredibly immature that young also.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
24 is pretty much the basement for me these days, and like I said before it"s a consideration I"ve put a lot of thought into lately. I"ve generally dated a few years younger than me my entire life, but never more than 4 years.

Vodo_foh

shitlord
Half your age plus seven is always the rule of thumb I"ve lived by.

But as others have said, its really about what stage of life people are in.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I"m really curious about the whole ID being tossed in lap thing. I"d like more details on how that went down. Was it how she decided to tell you she was a military wife? If so, that"s pretty baller.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Vodo said:
Half your age plus seven is always the rule of thumb I"ve lived by.

But as others have said, its really about what stage of life people are in.
I dunno if any hard and fast rule is ever going to be adequate. At 31 that means I could consider dating 23-24 year olds, which I think is fairly borderline. Some might have their shit together, most won"t. Then again, that gong show who walked in to my glass wall a few months back was 28 or something near, and she"s still a fucking train wreck.

On the other hand, it means when I"m 60 I can date 37 year olds, which I"m totally down with.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Eomer said:
I dunno if any hard and fast rule is ever going to be adequate. At 31 that means I could consider dating 23-24 year olds, which I think is fairlyborderline.
I bet you can figure out why I highlighted this word.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
The Ancient said:
I bet you can figure out why I highlighted this word.
Because of Tool"s lyric about being "Elbow deep inside the borderline?"

I"ve got a 24 year old female friend. She gets absolutely nothing that I talk about that is relevant to my personal history of culture. When I say shit like "Oh come on, that show was on when I was in high school, it was hilarious" she says "Uhh, yeah, I was 8." Oh, right.

I would totally throw her down into the tall grass for sure, but extended conversations (and by that I mean, on the order of several days to months, not just a half hour here and there), no fucking way. It would be maddening. It"s bad enough most women have no knowledge whatsoever of technology or science or history, but to have no knowledge of anything? Just kill me now.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
^haha yeah, I was hanging out with some ski trip slut that was 20ish last year and made a Bill and Ted"s reference, and she drew a blank. I was like "oh you know Bill and Ted"s right?" and it wasn"t like she just hadn"t seen it or wasn"t familiar with it, it was a complete blank for her. She had no idea what I was talking about.

Granted, she was pretty dumb as well.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Let me clarify the "things in common thing". First of all I know going after this chic is a terrible idea. It is however something to talk about in here other then some fat guys fucking fat chics then crying about it.

So anyway"s, things in common. I am a reformed nerd turned athlete. I teach kids martial arts part time as my job and train myself in my spare time. I am basically working out all day every day. When I go home I don"t want to do shit all. I sit and play MMO"s, watch typical nerd shows and read FOH.

I have dated both nerdy girls and more active girls. Nerdy girls don"t get why I go to the gym all the time and are more clingy. Active girls always want to be out doing shit and wear me the fuck out.

So a chic who comes to the gym with me then goes home and chills is ideal. And thats the vibe i"m getting from this one.

I know its a terrible fucking idea. I know chics that age change there whole lives from one day to the next.

So its like I can either eat bacon or steak, and then there is a bacon wrapped steak sitting in the corner that I cant fuck yet because its only 19.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You"re aware you can find girls who aren"t clingy, right? Just set the ground rules at the start of the relationship.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
TheCutlery said:
I"ve got a 24 year old female friend. She gets absolutely nothing that I talk about that is relevant to my personally history of culture. When I say shit like "Oh come on, that show was on when I was in high school, it was hilarious" she says "Uhh, yeah, I was 8." Oh, right.
That"s been a slight challenge with intern girl, mostly with TV shows, but we have enough in common that it hasn"t stifled conversation. At this point it"s just a running joke, and we both enjoy watching Game of Thrones (though she"s the only one wanting to make a Sunday drinking game of it).

I did run into one glaring problem though: she hasn"t seen Tombstone. I fuckinglovethat movie, so I insisted we remedy that flaw at an early opportunity. She"s got similar tastes to me, just a narrower band of things she"s seen (and it"s kindof a guy"s movie, so I get it).

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Seths said:
My share of the blame being me ignoring signs or not seeing signs.
STFU, lol. This isn"t on you. Sometimes there aren"t signs, and it isn"t realistic to expect people to always pick up on stuff like this 100% of the time. It"s all her, she"s a whore, move on. Be glad that you dodged a bullet or that things didn"t go further or get more serious with her. Be glad she is someone else"s problem now.
Grumpus said:
My brain is struggling with this, there is basically no way we wouldn"t hit it off. On the other hand its a stupid idea to mess with a 19 year old at work. My friends told me heck no.
Ancient already said it, but seriously lol.

If your brain is struggling with this, that"s a sign.

Also, I"m going to have to rescind your "on the other hand" license if you keep using it with two things that are both "bad" (wouldn"t hit it off, 19yo at work). That"s like saying
"I really want to bang this one hot chick. On one hand she has a crazy biker boyfriend who is a felon, but on the other hand, he might set my house on fire with me inside of it and piss on the ashes if he finds out. So I dunno guys, should I hit it or not?"
You seem like a young guy, and you work at a gym so I don"t think you are the typical neckbearded fattie. Honest question here...do you NEED to jump on each and every piece of tail that you think you can tap, or can you be choosy? If you don"t happen to meet decent women very often I guess I could see considering it, but if you even have moderate game and meet decent women on a frequent basis, I can"t see the upside to pursuing her.