Girls who broke your heart thread

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Chaotic said:
Need perspective please.

Met girl of my dreams. I"ll leave it like that. I"m almost 30, did the player thing for the past half a decade, never saw myself settling down. Met this girl and she turned my world upside down. First time in my life I pictured marriage, kids, buying a house together.

Dated 5 months. She felt the same. She never wanted to be married until she met me, couldn"t imagine kids until now blah blah.(Shes 24 i"m 28) Mind you, we arent looking to get married or have kids or even move in. We are both done with school, have excellent jobs, solid savings.

We just got back from this incredible vacation. Best sex of my life, genuine good time, worked great as a team. It was a big stepping stone for us I guess. So I didn"t want to do to her what I do with every girl I bang more then once, which is string her along. I havent been seeing anyone she hasnt been seeing anyone, so we had "the talk" aka; hey are we official?

She lost it. Many things were said, but ultimately it was a combination of her not knowing if she was ready to sacrifice her time and independance and her ability to grow as a person for a serious relationship (she had two over the span of about 6 years, had a fuck buddy for 4 months prior to me, i"m the fourth guy shes been with) I attempted explaining to her that a healthy relationship should never inhibit or take away anything from anyone. She said that she feels either way she would be making a huge mistake, either letting me go or settling down and not knowing.

She said she assumed all along we were together, and she knew how she felt about me, but she kept herself secure in her head by telling her maybe I didn"t feel the same (female logic) so when it turned out I did, it made it all quite real for her.

There"s more to it but I don"t want a bigger essay. I"m just fucking devastated. I can"t even remember even being hurt by a girl since I was seventeen. It just wasnt my MO. I just don"t know how to go about coping besides the obvious staying busy etc. I just never pictured a future, so i"ve never been in the position to have that future shattered. Not eating, not sleeping - i"m sure people have been there.

We spoke and as it stands she needs time. She feels emotionally depleted and doesn"t know why. It"s so out of left field and such a strange reason. Oh, everything is perfect let"s break up. With what she"s saying I don"t have the answers. You can"t "make it better" if someone fears they will lose their independance or wants to make new friends or meet new people. It"s not something I can fix, which also makes me helpless. I"m trying to give her space to get her shit sorted, but while shes figuring it out i"m miserable and it"s pretty telling where it"s going to end up.

Ps we both have hung out with each others families, stayed at each others houses made all the introductions I mean, it was pretty serious. She even met my grandmother.

tldr; fuck relationships.
How in the hell do you approach the idea of "becoming official" after 5 months, meeting parents, and going on vacation together? Not to say that she was pretty dumb and out there with thinking you didnt feel the same after such a period of time, but damn man.

If the roles where reversed and a girl tried talking to me about that after doing what you have done I would be pretty pissed off.

Brad2770

A new tag line if anyone wants to use it:

Looking for a BREWdy call or friends with BEERnefits.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Big Phoenix said:
How in the hell do you approach the idea of "becoming official" after 5 months, meeting parents, and going on vacation together? Not to say that she was pretty dumb and out there with thinking you didnt feel the same after such a period of time, but damn man.
Was thinking the same.

Chaotic...has she been fucking around on you this whole time and you have no clue? Because that"s the ONLY way you date a girl for 5 months and she freaks out about actually becoming your girlfriend. The only logical explanation for her behavior is that you just asked if she"d stop blowing every guy she meets and she refused.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Or maybe he hurt her feelings by asking this stupid question considering all the shit they"ve been doing. The fact he opened the door that it "wasn"t" that much to him for the previous 5 months, and she felt neck deep regardless of what she"s saying verbally.

My bet is on the exclusive talk making her jump to conclusions about his commitment for the previous 5 months.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Chaotic said:
tldr; fuck relationships.
That whole situation sucks. After 5 months and going on a vacation together I think it would be assumed you were together. I have never had the talk with a woman I was with, it just happens. I wouldn"t recommend ever having a talk about something like that. If a chick wants to be with you she will and it will be known pretty much.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
wickedj51 said:
The man who claims to be a "player" finds himself out played by a woman who is a greater player. Now his feelings are hurt. Good advice to you is to read the book "He is not that into you."
Haha this dude really is Keg.

Seths_foh

shitlord
TheCutlery said:
Was thinking the same.

Chaotic...has she been fucking around on you this whole time and you have no clue? Because that"s the ONLY way you date a girl for 5 months and she freaks out about actually becoming your girlfriend. The only logical explanation for her behavior is that you just asked if she"d stop blowing every guy she meets and she refused.
I didn"t want to be the one to say it first but this was my thought as well. You don"t date someone that long, and do those sorts of things together, only to have them freak out over the being exclusive thing unless she"s got someone else on the side.

She may not be sleeping with that other person, but there is deffinately someone there. That"s why she said things like she didn"t want to be tied down, because the other person has triggered thoughts of maybe she wants something / someone else.

She wants to maintain the level you"re at but not be tied to you. Sorry man, but that screams something else on the side.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Seths said:
I didn"t want to be the one to say it first but this was my thought as well. You don"t date someone that long, and do those sorts of things together, only to have them freak out over the being exclusive thing unless she"s got someone else on the side.

She may not be sleeping with that other person, but there is deffinately someone there. That"s why she said things like she didn"t want to be tied down, because the other person has triggered thoughts of maybe she wants something / someone else.

She wants to maintain the level you"re at but not be tied to you. Sorry man, but that screams something else on the side.
That has to be it!

Chaotic_foh

shitlord
You just might be right. I mean, it was my initial thought. I"d like to think we are very open and she"s not a liar - it"s what I know about her and she"s not the type. However, I don"t think anyone is ever like "yea, my girl is totally the kind of girl to lie and cheat!"

I asked her that pretty straight up and she said def not, and was offended - but unless shes as mentally unstable as she claims (she says she doesn"t know what she wants from day to day, or as a person, is in an emotional dead zone as a defense mechanism atm etc) then I can"t see anything else making sense.

Absolutely nothing to be done in any circumstance. You guys have me thinking down that dark path though, but whatever. Things are what they are. I"d just like to assume someone is being honest.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Chaotic said:
You just might be right. I mean, it was my initial thought. I"d like to think we are very open and she"s not a liar - it"s what I know about her and she"s not the type. However, I don"t think anyone is ever like "yea, my girl is totally the kind of girl to lie and cheat!"

I asked her that pretty straight up and she said def not, and was offended - but unless shes as mentally unstable as she claims (she says she doesn"t know what she wants from day to day, or as a person, is in an emotional dead zone as a defense mechanism atm etc) then I can"t see anything else making sense.

Absolutely nothing to be done in any circumstance. You guys have me thinking down that dark path though, but whatever. Things are what they are. I"d just like to assume someone is being honest.
If she was into you, this never would have happened. It literally just doesn"t happen. No way, after 5 months, this girl thinks you"re "Just friends." No fucking way. She"s either batshit insane, or she"s not telling you the whole truth. She might not be lying, but she is definitely not saying everything. "I don"t know what I want" is basically code for "If I tell him what"s really going on, he"s gonna be pissed and probably pimp slap me."

It"s over, man. Sorry. Pack your shit and move on, this one"s never coming back.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Chaotic said:
so she"s either a liar, a nut, or both? abandon ship

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seths said:
This. Do NOT try and convince her of anything. Nothing you say, no matter what it is or how you phrase it, will come across as anything other than "pressure" in her mind, and pressure will make her run away from you even faster. Leave her alone and develop the mindset that it"s over so that you have a good handle on your emotional state. Leaving her alone completely is pretty much the only way she"ll come to the realization that she wants to be with you if she is going to.
This, she basically realized that she"s only ever fucked 4 guys in her entire life, and isn"t ready to settle down, she wants to experience more variety (dick).

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
For what it"s worth, it"s important to have had a relationship like that so you know a truly good one when you"re in it. I think the batshit insanity I put up with in past relationships made me realize that when my wife is mad at me all afternoon because she thinks I hid the blue cup on purpose when we don"t even have a blue cup...it"s not that big of a deal. I just sigh, play some puzzle quest on my phone and don"t wear boxers to bed for when she wakes up, realizes she was upset for no reason and now wants to "apologize."

So when you meet the next girl, the one who is slightly smarter, slightly hotter, makes you laugh slightly more and fucks slightly better. After 5 months when you say, "So we"re officially boyfriend/girlfriend yeah?" she"ll look at you, smirk and go, "No shit Sherlock."

Whyme_foh

shitlord
So I"ve been dating this girl for about six months, and recently things have started to get strained. There are two main problems:

1. She is a Christian, although she doesn"t buy into much of the dogma that plagues modern Christianity -- she believes in helping the poor and disabled, not blaming them for their own problems, donates much of her (sizable) income to charity and doesn"t believe homosexuality is a sin. She believes in evolution, but is unsure of its place concerning how God created us in his image. She is also one of the smartest people I"ve ever met.

I"m not religious -- I am a firm believer in evolution, and believe that everything about us, from our emotions to our society is a product of this mechanism. We"ve had several fights during our relationship, all of them concerning religion. I"ve tried to keep and open mind -- we"ve read and discussed the Bible together, and I"ve attended several of her Church functions and have even tried praying on several occasions (with strange, mixed success.)

A few days ago she gave me a book to read, claiming that it had answered many of the questions she herself had about Christianity, and that I might find it enlightening since she knew I had been struggling with her faith -- I read about 30 pages of the book, and then had to put it down. It felt like the author was writing to fifth graders, fifth graders that already believed in God and Jesus and all that jazz, but maybe had a few concerns about the whole thing. 20 pages into it, the author attributes the inherent conflict found within humans (such as why we do bad things when we know they"re wrong) to (lol) "TEH DEBIL". Never mind evolution having created within us a maelstrom of powerful forces that wage constant battle, it"s all about Satan causing Original Sin.

When I put the book down, we had a long argument about it, because she was dissapointed that I had not liked the book and I was dissapointed because it"s not what I thought the book would be. That has lingered for the last few days, and yesterday I had to basically get drunk just to keep from wondering just what the hell was wrong with people that they would believe this crap. Which brings me to the second problem...

2) We spend way, way, way too much time together. Every night, in fact. It is literally driving me insane. When I do have free time I have to spend it doing shit that I haven"t been able to do because I"m busy with her. Part of me feels like a dick for wanting more alone time, but it"s not like I don"t care about her or don"t want to spend time with her... I"m not sure how to approach the subject because, honestly, every time I"ve felt this way in a relationship, I"ve just broken up with them and moved on. Now, with someone I want to stay with, I have no idea what to do.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Do you want to be a christian or are you just doing it hoping it will make you argue less? Because it won"t. You"ll just find some other shit to argue about. Couples do that. Healthy ones even. I would just tell her straight up that you want to be together but it"s not who you are, you can"t force yourself and it would be disrespectful to her and her religion to pretend.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
As for the second part, don"t tell her you want alone time. Figure out what you want to do with your alone time and just tell her you want to do that. My wife knows that StarCraft is really important to me and if I don"t get a few games in every night I get cranky. She usually sits in the corner and knits or plays some dragon breeding game on her phone.

It will get better with time too.