Girls who broke your heart thread

Awlbiste_sl

shitlord
Does she want you to be a Christian in order to continue dating her? If yes, break up, that shit won"t change. If no, then there has to be a way to say "Look, I respect your views but I do not and will never share them." It sounds like you"re giving way more into her side of things (Christianity, reading the bible together, going to church...) than she is giving in to seeing your side of things. Sounds like she"s trying to convert you, really.

My solution is to never ever date religious people.

Schezanna_foh

shitlord
There"s good and bad people in every religion. Just as there"s good and bad aspects to every religion. You"re never going to be Christian so get it out there and stop attending church unless you like the social aspects of it. Hell, use Sundays for "alone" time while she"s at church.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
What kind of retard ARGUES about religion? That would be like someone going up to a 5 year old and saying "HEY GUESS WHAT SANTA CLAUS DOESNT EXIST LOL" and then arguing with said 5 year old about why Santa Claus doesn"t exist and that you shouldn"t live your life being good so you can get presents.

Kill her and yourself, make the world a better place.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

Etwynn_foh

shitlord
Tuco said:
2 Corinthians 6:14
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
I"m inclined to interpret that passage literally.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have had 3 instances of dating pretty religious chicks. This thread has been fairly active for the past little while but if it dies down I might take the time to post about them. Long story short if a chick is open minded and wants to go to church understanding I wont go except on Easter just to make her happy then I can do it. Outside of that I"m not going and if she wants to raise my kids religious whatever, but if they ask me I"m going to tell them what I believe and lead them to make their own decisions. I pretty much can"t date a smoker, a religious chick, or a chick who isn"t active or doesn"t work out anymore. Smoking is just gross, religion is self explanatory, and chicks who work out are hot and love fucking all the time while having the ability to put in serious work without getting tired.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I guess intern girl finally got over her work hangup this weekend.

Let me just say, it"s always the quiet ones that surprise you.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Whyme said:
So I"ve been dating this girl for about six months, and recently things have started to get strained. There are two main problems:
The thing you need to realize about dating the religious is that even if you"re not, you still need to do all the bullshit that they want you to, because that"s kinda what being a couple is. You"re gonna get married in a church because that"s what she"s gonna want. She"s gonna want you to attend certain church functions because you"re her husband. It"s one of those things you can"t really separate out, unfortunately. You"re gonna have to deal with this shit for literally your entire life, and if you can"t do that, pull the plug on it now.

My wife isn"t religious, but her entire family is. I don"t really have too much of a problem with them doing their little before meal praying shit at Easter and Christmas. This year though, her uncle decided to print out some shit scripture off the internet and tried to make us all read it together. Uhh, no...pass. And if you do this at Christmas, I"m done coming here. Period. You gotta know where the line is drawn, and I"m fine with them doing their own thing...whatever makes them feel good is fine by me. Try shoving it down my throat though, and it"s not gonna end well for you.

2 days a year of that shit I can tolerate. If I had to deal with more than that (church services, functions, etc), we wouldn"t be together because I have never ever been able to understand why the fuck people believe what they do. I was really fucking young when I put all of that together as bullshit and I have no idea why everyone else hasn"t figured out what 2nd or 3rd grade me did.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chaotic said:
You just might be right. I mean, it was my initial thought. I"d like to think we are very open and she"s not a liar - it"s what I know about her and she"s not the type. However, I don"t think anyone is ever like "yea, my girl is totally the kind of girl to lie and cheat!"

I asked her that pretty straight up and she said def not, and was offended - but unless shes as mentally unstable as she claims (she says she doesn"t know what she wants from day to day, or as a person, is in an emotional dead zone as a defense mechanism atm etc) then I can"t see anything else making sense.

Absolutely nothing to be done in any circumstance. You guys have me thinking down that dark path though, but whatever. Things are what they are. I"d just like to assume someone is being honest.
Here dude, let me give you some advice. If you like the girl, continue to follow her around. If you want to be with her? Be with her. If she says she needs some time? Give her some time and do your own shit, but always keep her in mind. Some people are just fucking weird with their thoughts and need to get shit straightened out. It happens. Trust me.

My woman and I were together for two years, we lived together did everything together and were pretty deeply in love with one another. Unfortunately at the time we were both pretty young so we may not have done everything that we wanted to do, or possibly felt like things were happening to quickly. She decided that she wanted to do something else, maybe see some other people. It broke my heart amazingly bad; however I knew that she"s another person and she has to do the shit that she wants to do. I can"t fucking stop that. I COULDN"T. So I did what any supporting boyfriend would do. I bought her a plane ticket to where she wanted to go, made sure she was safe (maybe called her a bunch too many times while she was gone). But eventually let her do her thing, she was gone for 4 months almost and called me up and said she missed me, she hadn"t realized that what we had together was awesome and that there will never be anything in life that can compare to that. So we got back together. It"s as simple as that. Now is every case in life going to work out that well? No it isn"t. I consider myself very lucky.
But the point or morale of this story if you will is that the person you"re with is exactly that another fucking person. You have to let them do what they want to do, or think what they want to think, support them in what they"re doing no matter what (Unless it"s like genocide or killing or bigotry etc.) and let them know you care about them. If shit works out, awesome. If it doesn"t OH WELL, would you really have wanted the relationship to go on if the feelings weren"t mutual?

tl;dr Focus on your life and friends, let her know that you still care about her and what to be with her. But let her do her own thing.

PS: I was naked when I typed this.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Not who I expected to get solid advice from, but I needed that big sut. Aside from the nakedness. I"d neg ya again if I could!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Dandain said:
Or maybe he hurt her feelings by asking this stupid question considering all the shit they"ve been doing. The fact he opened the door that it "wasn"t" that much to him for the previous 5 months, and she felt neck deep regardless of what she"s saying verbally.

My bet is on the exclusive talk making her jump to conclusions about his commitment for the previous 5 months.
This is what I think.

To be honest, I"ve never had an "are we going steady" or "are we exclusive" or whatever the fuck else you want to call it talk with anyone,ever. Not even my wife. That kinda shit stops in the 8th grade at best. There are limits, and times, and things that happen that will cross that line by default. eg: making love to a woman and not just fucking her, etc.

If you"re having the sex of your life, going on vacations together and all kinds of stuff and then you"re like "derp, are we a couple?" I"d have a gigantic WTF reaction too. What the fuck do you think? What a horrible question to ask at a horrible time.

It"s no surprise to me that she flipped the fuck out.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
I"ve never gotten bad advice from Sutekh. Provided you don"t count anything he said in league of legends that is.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
please Shutup said:
Not who I expected to get solid advice from, but I needed that big sut. Aside from the nakedness. I"d neg ya again if I could!
Um, wrong account or something?

AladainAF said:
To be honest, I"ve never had an "are we going steady" or "are we exclusive" or whatever the fuck else you want to call it talk with anyone, ever. Not even my wife. That kinda shit stops in the 8th grade at best. There are limits, and times, and things that happen that will cross that line by default. eg: making love to a woman and not just fucking her, etc.
Given how he described the relationship, yes I think it would have been safe to assume they were a couple at that point. However in my experience, generally there is a point where it goes from dating to a relationship, and that normally involves a conversation about it.

Given how the story went, I doubt that the problem is that she"s offended that he didn"t think they were in a relationship. I don"t understand how anyone can read that story and her reaction and take that away from it, really.

Then again, bitches be crazy.

Heylel said:
People post clothed?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Eomer said:
Given how the story went, I doubt that the problem is that she"s offended that he didn"t think they were in a relationship. I don"t understand how anyone can read that story and her reaction and take that away from it, really.

Then again, bitches be crazy.
More likely he brought it up and it dawned on her "holy shit, I"m in a relationship!" and she freaked. Wouldn"t be the first time.

Every big relationship I"ve had there was never really a "talk" exactly. It just sortof gradually came to be an acknowledged fact. If there"s a common tipping point these days, it honestly might be when your Facebook status changes. Girls take that shit so fucking seriously it"s a little scary.

Chaotic_foh

shitlord
I"m inclined to agree with sutekhs advice 100% (how the fuck) i"d toss you another neg if I could. I mean, this is going to sound like bullshit or a play on words - but things will just happen.

People like to say everything happens for a reason. I say no. Things happen(ed) because they happen(ed) and it couldn"t have happen(ed) any other way or it would have happen(ed) that way. In other words; things just are.

I learned awhile ago that sometimes you just have to let go. Not just in relationships, but in many things; and let everything play out. I"m miserable, staying distracted best I can, not disrespecting her at this point by hanging out with anyone else. I"m a male so of course my mind runs wild at the thought of what she could be doing. Beautiful women get offered dick all day. They don"t even have to say yes, they just have to stop saying no.

I"m going to tell you the truth behind the "official" talk. This is just honesty, and kind of lame but whatever. It"s what I said before that i"ve spent many years stringing women along and I wasn"t willing do to that with her. We were on this vacation and I realized that she was just the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my life. Fucking scary. Someone mentioned making love - that too. I felt for the first time that I can even remember I just had this really intense passionate sex that was just something more. It really scared, and still does scare me - but I realized something more was at play.

She was talking about her "ex" prior (4 months) and how he would push to meet parents and talk about changing relationship status on facebook etc and she would just brush it off because she felt no connection with him and realized it was just some temporary thing and that"s what they had agreed on. Now, here she is with me on vacation and we go to a wedding with my entire family - I have dinner at her house and sleep there , she hangs out with my mom and sisters all the time and i"m thinking to myself she"s dropping hints here.

She posts up pictures of herself at the wedding, rewind back to me being absolutely open mouthed at how stunning she was, and I start to feel insecure (a very, very foreign feeling for me with women) and I start getting the "bitch is mine" reaction in my head. In other words, facebook made it happen (the whole relationship talk). I was thinking I want to claim her publicly. I know that sounds really lame. I was also thinking she was trying to lead me down there as she specifically mentioned it about the ex and how things are so much different with me.

I guess I fell into some trap that I didn"t even know existed. I don"t think she doubts how I feel/felt. She just makes strange connections in her head with things. She actually said in her last phone conversation she feels like I love her, and she feels like I made her love me as well (I think that"s the best she can muster)

But it"s been 5 days and we"ve spoken once 3 days ago. What should I be doing now? I haven"t initiated anything. I was thinking flowers with a blank card, or am I pushing things. I just want to remind her i"m still here while still being supportive. It"s just not easy.

Haha as I was typing this Heylel nailed it.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Let her be dude. Flowers at this point would say "I"m a gigantic pussy and you have all the power, so feel free to take off".

Louis

Trakanon Raider
No Eomer, was just pointing out that the things he said kind of hit home with what I"m going through right now. Never posted about it, because it"s a ridiculous situation that I should have never put myself in and now I"m paying the consequences.