Girls who broke your heart thread

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Keep in mind and possibly try to embrace that if your chick is hot, other people are going to want to nail her. It"s just a fact of life. Take pride in that shit. Don"t let it make you feel insecure or it"s going to make you do stupid shit like "have the talk" because someone complimented her photo on facebook.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Go ahead and try to move on, meet other women, whatever. You have nothing to lose in doing so. If you meet another chick you hit it off with and she comes back great, now you have a choice. If you don"t meet anyone else you will sit there thinking about sending "the package" while she could be with someone else or not. Either way she doesn"t wanna be with you right now. It sucks, we have all been there and heard it here, etc. You know what you need to do. Whether this thread gets really good or dies back down again hinges on you lol.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey anytime bro. Some of the best things to do to keep active.

Focus on work, if you enjoy your job. Work for a promotion.
Workout, I picked up running and I love that shit now. This will also give a nice boost of confidence, if you"re lacking.
Play video games, that shit gets your mind off everydamn thing. Pickup Dragons Dogma or some other new game that came out.

Meeting women is good, but you sound like you had some pretty extensive woman experience before this, so it"s not a big thing.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Honestly who cares if anyone else thinks your woman is hot and would fuck her, the only threat such a feeling would pose is if you"re a jackass to her to drive her off or she"s not that into you and would cheat on you anyways at which point she wasn"t yours to begin with. The only problem you have to worry about with anyone admiring your wife/gf is if it becomes insulting or stalkerish then you can be manly and do whatever at that point.

You"re in a secure relationship when you can comfortably comment on people you both find attractive and understand that that shit doesn"t matter. You"re gonna get old and lose some of your quantifiable hotness on the 1-10 scale but if you"re into each other in a more meaningful way you"ll stay 10"s on each others list even if you aren"t 10"s on anyone elses.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Eomer said:
Um, wrong account or something?

Given how he described the relationship, yes I think it would have been safe to assume they were a couple at that point. However in my experience, generally there is a point where it goes from dating to a relationship, and that normally involves a conversation about it.

Given how the story went, I doubt that the problem is that she"s offended that he didn"t think they were in a relationship. I don"t understand how anyone can read that story and her reaction and take that away from it, really.

Then again, bitches be crazy.

People post clothed?
Or men be crazy and stupid(asking if they are a couple after meeting parents).

Yeah you can have the whole are we official or bf/gf, but that sure as hell come long before you ever introduce your partner to your parents or go on vacation with them. I mean id have that talk in the first month(assuming you are.wanting a.actual relationship and not a Fuck.buddy).

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I think it"s totally dependent on a whole slew of factors like how often you see each other, if the initial get together was all official-like or if it was more of a random hook-up, what each person is after, where they are at in their lives and so on. In today"s day and age, plenty of people date casually for months without it being an official "relationship" in my experience, and normally for that line to be crossed an explicit conversation regarding that status has to happen. Meeting the parents is a pretty obvious line, but context is important. Vacation? I don"t think that"s a line at all, there"s absolutely nothing wrong with going on a trip with a fuck-buddy or sometime flame.

That said, awhile back I was having some drinks with Xerxes and some other people and talking about relationships, and I discovered that she thought our brief dating for a month or two was a bona-fide relationship and that we were a couple, despite there never having been a discussion of that, nor any official break-up of it. She was a bit put off that I had been operating on the assumption that we weren"t a couple at the time, which I found odd since on pretty much the second or third date she had told me she was seeing another guy occasionally, to which I shrugged.

On the other hand, the last chick I dated for a significant period of time last year that ran for the hills when I made the mistake of bringing up "the talk" was adamant that while we were sleeping together exclusively and hanging out several times a week for a couple months we were NOT a couple or BF/GF.

Meh.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Ok understandable if from the get go if you state im not looking for a serious committed relationship, but youre a idiot if you take your booty call to meet your parents.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Huh? Who do you think introduces me to all my booty calls?!

Chaotic_foh

shitlord
I workout like a mother fucker already , and i"m very into my job. I have a great network of friends as well which is great. It"s just the times in between which suck my dick.

I"m actually quite surprised that you guys are cool about this. Who would have known.

Yea, I know it"s the internet and all - but i"ve had my share and then more of hot women. Going out and meeting someone to fill a void or boost my self confidence is crap. I feel like i"d rather hurt more now and not hurt someone else slash disrespect this girl should things ever work out.

Talking about this as little as I have - I can"t say it makes me feel better, but it gives me perspective and experience which I appreciated.

Considered this, and i"m going to. Just a reward for you guys being awesome. PG stuff though. Note; none of this is her plus all are different. I have a collection going back a decade. I guess it serves as kind of proof that i"m not bullshitting either. If for some reason things work out, there will be more. one sec resizing.

Also, doing nothing + not knowing is the worst, second only to doing everything completely right and being punished.

I was talking to my buddy today about that.. like - if you"re a dick, or you fuck up, or clash somehow - you take that and you say "ok, at least I know what I did wrong, even if it doesn"t work I can take this and learn from it"

Now i"m like.. I went into this so open minded. I knew this girl for years before we started, I always was so amazed by her. I shared everything, tossed down my walls, I mean the whole nine - swallowed pride, communicated openly, worked through things - and now i"m like.. I don"t know if I ever want to do that again. I don"t want to take another girl to my favorite places to eat or show my favorite shows or movies. Such negative reinforcement..

Anyway, enjoy for being good internet bros.

Chaotic_foh

shitlord
Wear this shit to work every day. Being a cop is pretty conducive to getting women, although I can honestly say i"ve never fucked or even hooked up with anyone I met while working. I value my job too much and women are crazy.

Also helps that i"m on one of highest paid departments in the country.

It has helped me in my personal life however.

Also, those are nothing. Those are literally the first 5 I ran across going into a folder and excluding actual ex"s or things that weren"t pg13. If the advice i"ve received in this thread rings true i"ll give you better stuff.

So you guys can have a vested interest in leading me down the right path!

Chaotic,

I feel for you man. I"ve been in a very similar situation, dated a girl for six months, told her how I felt and she walked shortly thereafter. She was far and away the best girl I had ever dated, had me thinking wedding bells, etc.

I was a bartender at the time we dated. To compensate, I ran through as much booze and tail as I could. I was a pretty fun distraction, but ultimately didn"t help.

There"s a million possible reasons I got dropped, I don"t think I"ll truly know why and I don"t know if you will either. Other posters mentioned she has something on the side, needs space, etc. Any of those things could be true. Maybe she sees herself as fundamentally flawed in some way and lost respect for you because you should know that and chose to care about her anyway. Don"t bother asking, you"ll get a bullshit answer.

If you still want a shot, give her a week and call. Let her know that you want her in you life and you wanted to let her know that that before you close the door and move on. If she doesn"t, than actually close it and move on.

You seem like a pretty stand-up guy. If it ends up being over, I would take the advice that others have given: Redouble your professional efforts, spend some quality time with your friends, get better at your hobbies. Focus on the things that made you the guy that ends up with quality chicks. Another one will come along, make sure you enjoy yourself in the interim

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Chaotic said:
i"ve never fucked or even hooked up with anyone I met while working. I value my job too much and women are crazy.
I love how you felt the need to qualify that.