Give me some points of interest for Indianapolis and/or Louisville

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I have to drive out to SE Ohio(Athens) next month for a wedding, and I have two basic routes to choose from, either taking me through Indianapolis, or Louisville, depending on the route.

I'd probably spend the night in one of those cities, and could even spend an extra day or two there if there's something fun & interesting to do.

Looking for family-friendly stuff as I'll have my wife and toddler with me as well.

If there's enough that sounds fun, we might stop in one of the cities on the way out there, and the other on the way back.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Slugger factory is cool for older kids but if I remeber yours are too young for that. Not that helpful I know. I have family in Louisville but other than that I can't remember any other really fun things especially kid friendly.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I only know places to drink. Not toddler friendly. There are breweries popping up all over Louisville.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wife and I went to Louisville 3 years ago. Slugger factory was interesting, but not super exciting. Churchill Downs was pretty cool, especially if there's a race that day.

Not exactly there, but Mammoth Caves is awesome. I'd recommend doing that over other touristy shit.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I like both towns, but I prefer Louisville. Lots of quirky shit there, and I liked Churchill Downs, just to get the feel of it.

Also, I think there is a Skyline Chili in Louisville, but I can't remember completely. Get ready to pack an artery.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Louisville Zoo is fun for kids, took mine there a few weeks ago with my birth father and his wife for the day. They have a solid pack of gorillas there.

I dunno. There's not a lot to do in Kentucky in general if you don't go to bars.

Mammoth Cave is amazing, but like almost 3 hours out of your way, its in southern Kentucky.

But it is worth the trip imo.