Gloomhaven

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Some seriously weak shit

Yeah, make minis for a game that's been out for fucking 6 years and everyone's already played thru.

Isaac and the guys helping him are seriously up their own asses so far on this shit. On the bright side, I don't need to give a shit about the IP anymore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, make minis for a game that's been out for fucking 6 years and everyone's already played thru.

Isaac and the guys helping him are seriously up their own asses so far on this shit. On the bright side, I don't need to give a shit about the IP anymore.

I got emails about some big Gloomhaven related extravaganza recently where they apparently announced a P&P RPG system based on Gloomhaven, and several other things.

Yeah, they're up their own asses bigly. Gloomhaven was a fun game but the "story" and setting did not at all hook me, it was just an interesting and fun tactical system to play through.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh yeah lets all play Wokehaven the table top RPG, because the wokeness in DnD just isn't enough lately.....

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah lets all play Wokehaven the table top RPG, because the wokeness in DnD just isn't enough lately.....

They renamed the Brute to Bruiser because "Brute implies low intelligence, which should never be a trait on a tabletop game."

Motherfucker what? INT is a stat right?

They renamed Beast Tyrant to Wildfury because "the bear is his friend, he's not a Tyrant!"

Just gtfo of here.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
It would be interesting if years from now when everything comes full circle and this woke shit dies out, if the original Gloomhaven boxes are worth more, like "hey, I still the Brute and Scoundrel version of GH!"

GH is easily one of my favorite games, but I'm tired of it and of Isaac's white awakening, so yeah, no Frosthaven for me, or any of the other dozen GH products he's got on the market now. Plenty of other good board games to play.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
It would be interesting if years from now when everything comes full circle and this woke shit dies out, if the original Gloomhaven boxes are worth more, like "hey, I still the Brute and Scoundrel version of GH!"

GH is easily one of my favorite games, but I'm tired of it and of Isaac's white awakening, so yeah, no Frosthaven for me, or any of the other dozen GH products he's got on the market now. Plenty of other good board games to play.

It's unfortunate, because it truly is a fantastic game, incredibly unique classes, fully scalable content for both player count and difficulty level, a massive campaign, an amazing grindy RPG, and yet....fucking faggotry will be the death of it. I would really love to play GH 2.0 with a better story and more balanced classes and items and shit, but I am having a real hard time supporting this kind of shit.

Gonna need a new game in a year when I finish FH.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Just introduced a new person to Gloomhaven via the Digital version and the only downside is that he's now like a crack-addict jonesing for a fix. The digital version hitting consoles in September is going to be a really big deal and bring a lot more people into tactics style games played with friends.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Just introduced a new person to Gloomhaven via the Digital version and the only downside is that he's now like a crack-addict jonesing for a fix. The digital version hitting consoles in September is going to be a really big deal and bring a lot more people into tactics style games played with friends.

Is the digital version a 1:1 conversion of the tabletop game? Or is it just another game built in the Gloomhaven world and using the systems?

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
Is the digital version a 1:1 conversion of the tabletop game? Or is it just another game built in the Gloomhaven world and using the systems?
It is basically 1:1, it feels like it is missing some of the road events and city events because I get a fair number of repeats but otherwise everything else is the same except they changed the enchantress optionally to be cheaper but not permanent. They also did all the errata so stamina pot is default to 1 card and things like that.

• 1Solidarity

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>

It's.....close.

The solo scenario items got changed (read as "nerfed") because they don't like fun. The enhancement change was done without community involvement, and just dropped on us with the explanation of "this is the way it was always meant to be" which is straight fucking retcon to everything ever said before. The backlash was so fierce they had to add an option to go back to the original system.

There's also the small matter of players not deciding ambiguity. So, like if a summon has a multi target attack and 2 possible hexes to attack from, you can't guarantee he will go to the right one. But it's pretty good, all things considered. Way better adaptation than Blood Bowl.

• 1Solidarity

Indyocracy

Stock Pals Participant
<Gold Donor>
There's also the small matter of players not deciding ambiguity. So, like if a summon has a multi target attack and 2 possible hexes to attack from, you can't guarantee he will go to the right one.
I will say that maybe my table just played summons wrong but the summon classes felt much weaker on steam, the ambiguity was definitely a big part of it

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It's.....close.

The solo scenario items got changed (read as "nerfed") because they don't like fun. The enhancement change was done without community involvement, and just dropped on us with the explanation of "this is the way it was always meant to be" which is straight fucking retcon to everything ever said before. The backlash was so fierce they had to add an option to go back to the original system.

There's also the small matter of players not deciding ambiguity. So, like if a summon has a multi target attack and 2 possible hexes to attack from, you can't guarantee he will go to the right one. But it's pretty good, all things considered. Way better adaptation than Blood Bowl.

What's the enhancement change? Indy said something but I wasn't sure what it meant.

Under that system, the enhancements are cheaper gold cost, but are only for that character, not all future characters of that same class?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

I will say that maybe my table just played summons wrong but the summon classes felt much weaker on steam, the ambiguity was definitely a big part of it

Are there at least rules the game follows to decide in these circumstances? Like the most north space, etc?

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Are there at least rules the game follows to decide in these circumstances? Like the most north space, etc?

I don't think so. It seemed really random, but it's also not something that comes up often enough for me to tell.

And I uninstalled it awhile ago after they nerfed the shit outta the solo scenario items. Needed space for Hunter: Call of the Wild, who mysteriously decides never to nerf my trophy bucks.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
What's the enhancement change? Indy said something but I wasn't sure what it meant.

Under that system, the enhancements are cheaper gold cost, but are only for that character, not all future characters of that same class?

Yes, that's basically it.

They're all cheaper except the good ones...like Strengthen and Bless.

I wouldn't mind the game so much if they weren't trying to MMO balance shit. Not everything needs to be perfect. You can have some OP characters because it's not PvP. Shit, even if it was PvP, you can still have OP characters. Dice Throne isn't less fucking fun because Cursed Pirate and Shadow Thief melt faces.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Remind me to pour a few Budlights on the next box I see

• 1Worf