Gloomhaven

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Wait....what?? I figure they had all been shipped out a long time ago. I did see someone post on Twitter just a couple days ago but I figured they were in some crazy out of the way place.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Wait....what?? I figure they had all been shipped out a long time ago. I did see someone post on Twitter just a couple days ago but I figured they were in some crazy out of the way place.

Nah. They skipped the last bi-weekly update. The update before that had zero shipping information (all about the companion app), and someone on Reddit was bitching via email to Cephlophair and they replied with that stat.

At this rate, depending on what numbers you use, fulfillment lasts until between April and July.....on a "it will be here by Christmas" suggestion.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Over 2 months since shipping started and America is at 35% fulfillment. This Kickstarter has been a complete fucking shit show. Last thing I ever buy from this fucking retard.
Guy is a cucked out faggot, his game is great though unfortunately!

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Goddamned finally.

IMG_20230121_185731534_HDR.jpg

3 guys, we were punching out and sorting tokens and sleeving cards for 3 hours. It's a labor of love, that's for sure.

• 7Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 7 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I canceled my Frosthaven pledge a while back when that "cultural consultant" BS came around and I don't really regret it. Not necessarily for the politically correct stuff, either. I mean they are certainly both great games, but because Frosthaven adds so much *more* content and my Gloomhaven group sort of fizzled out out after about 6-7 sessions, I'd never get through all of it so it would would just take up a lot of extra space. Combine that with the fact that the other games have kind of caught up with "Gloomhaven killers" like Oathsworn, and yeah, no regerts.

And it's not like Frosthaven won't still be readily available on store shelves in a few years if my gaming group situation changes.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Yeah I canceled my Frosthaven pledge a while back when that "cultural consultant" BS came around and I don't really regret it. Not necessarily for the politically correct stuff, either. I mean they are certainly both great games, but because Frosthaven adds so much *more* content and my Gloomhaven group sort of fizzled out out after about 6-7 sessions, I'd never get through all of it so it would would just take up a lot of extra space. Combine that with the fact that the other games have kind of caught up with "Gloomhaven killers" like Oathsworn, and yeah, no regerts.

And it's not like Frosthaven won't still be readily available on store shelves in a few years if my gaming group situation changes.
Similar to me really, I'll grab it when it's sub £100 on amazon, not in any rush as I've still not touched Middara and have Oathsworn coming

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
Guys, I'm gonna do it. I finally got a copy of Gloomhaven, found someone on FB selling it for just under $100. RRP in my parts is around $240.

They were selling it since they had no one to play it with. Shed a tear for em, sure, but that is a fucking steal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Now you can be the one hanging onto it because you have no one to play it with!

In all seriousness, congrats. For all the crap Isaac Childress has gotten recently, it really is a special game.

• 1Solidarity

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Now you can be the one hanging onto it because you have no one to play it with!

In all seriousness, congrats. For all the crap Isaac Childress has gotten recently, it really is a special game.

GH has kept my gaming group busy for 3 years now. Frosthaven will hopefully live up to the challenge too. You're right, it's a great game, but goddamn is he an insufferable faggot. Almost impossible to listen to. I suspect his brand will crash and burn here real soon as people tire of his retarded bullshit.

We are finishing up Crimson Scales over the next 2 weeks and starting FH 2nd week in Feb. I drew the Blinkblade, so we'll see how that goes.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Well, first game of Frosthaven was this week. Party is Banner Spear, Drifter, Death Walker, and Blinkblade.

First scenario is a bit rough. I really hate Shaman in this game, especially when you're undergeared. We saved as many as we could, but it wasnt enough.

After that, things got a lot better though. I drew an "unlock immediately" retirement goal, so we set out immediately to do that, and it turns out....unlock immediately doesn't mean you're gonna retire immediately. Super glad I started on that right away rather than getting to 9 and thinking "okay, I should probably retire this guy."

We then unlocked a side scenario with a REALLY cool mechanic for 4 players and ended up having a lot of fun doing that as well.

So far so good. We brewed a few potions, upgraded the craftsman to unlock some gear, which is good, because the starting gear is complete ass. Its pretty fun, at least. For all the wokery and bullshit leading up to it, at least we haven't seen anything so far that gives me concern

• 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Gloomhaven 2.0 with rebalanced classes announced.

Reception - predictable.

Screenshot_20230607-093551-126.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

i just really want to see the the cost of the minis master pack, supposedly 500-600 of them.

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Solar Opposites 'The Wall' as a solo game...

• 1Weird Boner

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>

Solar Opposites 'The Wall' as a solo game...

Dude is off the rails.

Gloomhaven - 200k backers.
Frosthaven - 70k backers.
Gloomhaven 2.0 - 2100 backers.

• 1Worf

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
So these new miniatures.....are they new playable characters, new monsters and enemies, a bit of both?