Gmail - What's your oldest email?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm bored, so figured I would look up old ass Gmail messages.

My absolute oldest one is this:

mG9lk96.png

And yeah, I don't care that you know my name.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What date does Gmail start Archiving? I go back to April 2005 on Gmail, but pretty sure I had the account longer than that.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It goes back to the beginning, I think. Go all the way back to your oldest email and see if it's in reference to anything like a new account.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My "welcome to Gmail" email is dated 9/5/2004. According to Google Gmail beta started 4/1/2004.

Goatface

Mar 15, 2005
if you don't have the intro email from gmail team, can click the gear icon, show all setting, forwarding and pop/imap
should this
POP download:
Learn more
1. Status: POP is enabled for all mail that has arrived since 3/15/05

dizzie

Triggered Happy
29th of June 2004 but I had my account a little while before that. I remember being in beta and inviting people into the beta.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There were still invites required when I joined in September. The Beta didn't technically end until 2009. Google used to call everything beta forever.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Oldest I could find :(

10/27/2000

EQ000000.jpg

05/27/2001

EQ000057.jpg

Still using elm. Don't know what this gmail is. Carry on.

Last edited:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
There were still invites required when I joined in September. The Beta didn't technically end until 2009. Google used to call everything beta forever.

Yeah I meant the invite stage, when you joined during the invite stage you were given a few invites to pass along to others.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Damn, this got me curious and I discovered I'm a fucking 07er. 7/20/07

So friggin weird to think I've been on FOH longer than gmail.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
A 2007 e-mail to a high school buddy of mine talking about my senior design project.

Images hosted on our old domain for our WoW guild message board. Those were the days.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
2000, first year of college.

I rolled into Freshman Comp and the teacher is going around asking for everyone's e-mails, names, where you're from etc. Everyone has pretty normal e-mails but I'm shitting bricks as I only had one e-mail address at the time. She gets to me; name: Springbok; where are you from: Texas; e-mail address?: [email protected].....

Class bursts into laughter, teacher pulls me aside after class and I changed it that night to [email protected].

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
still have an active AOL email address from 1995.
I got my very first email (AOL) when I was 15. So... 96. You're olderschool than I am =/

And also, when I joined Gmail, you still required an invite. It wasn't limited though. I invited quite a few of my friends shortly after I got my account.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
No idea what my first Gmail was, or when it was from, but it was back in the day when you needed in invitation to sign up.

My very first e-mail account was from 1991 and was @compulink.co.uk (usually known as CIX), a British BBS system. Good times I had there, and their home made e-mail client AMEOL (A Most Excellent Off-Line reader) is still the best e-mail/BBS client I've ever used.